Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Babies and toddlers on planes 19:15 - Apr 16 with 25732 viewsMancR

Just back from new York on overnight flight and all children should be on a separate plane, maybe attached and towed like a glider. One family tried to keep 3 kids aged between 6 months and 4 fed, entertained and quiet , they failed miserably :(
Spending thousands flying kids long haul is insane and should be illegal.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:10 - Apr 17 with 2312 viewsSydneyRs

Up to toddler age they ain't going to remember the trip anyway so unless it's essential I wouldn't bother. Ours are old enough now to get engrossed in movies and enjoy a long flight as much as that is possible. We did Sydney to London two weeks ago and they cruised it. My son's first trip to LR was a poor game v Charlton but that 94th minute winner made it all.worthwhile!
Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:13 - Apr 17 with 2311 viewsBluce_Ree

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:05 - Apr 17 by hoops_legend

What a miserable bunch of people we have here and so english.. the whole plane should sit in perfect silence the whole journey right? If anyone dares go outside the social boundaries and make a noise we should stare and tut and then complain later in social media!

Kids are kids and if they cry then thats the way it is - if you cant put up with that then you have some serious issues. I will take my one year old on a flight in june and he might cry for 5 mins but i would expect our bubba will get more smiles from passengers than angry people like yourselves..

Ps. Stop being so miserable, enjoy life and accept that kids may cry a little.. what impact ultimately does that have on ypur life

Parental bullshit.

I was on a flight to New York and a family brought a kid who screamed for most of it. There's crying and then there is hysterical screaming.

I don't for one minute blame the kid but what the fk do you parents think will happen?

See also fking idiots who take babies into restaurants in the late evening when they are overtired.

I know you parents don't get it but the sound of a baby that you don't give the slightest fk about crying and screeching is literally one of the worst sounds ever.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:23 - Apr 17 with 2293 viewsBoston

Whatever happened to Calpol?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:25 - Apr 17 with 2289 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:23 - Apr 17 by Boston

Whatever happened to Calpol?

All the adults drank it
Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:36 - Apr 17 with 2276 viewsHantsR

I think the only time I'm intolerant of children is when parents think it's a lovely idea to take them to the Winchester cathedral Christmas service of 9 lessons and carols. The congregation await that most exquisite candlelit moment of the entry of the choir to the solo rendition of the first verse of Once in Royal David's city, there is absolute silence as the lights dim and then, "waaaaaah!" ...always!

On one occasion I found myself sat behind a babe in arms but the mother took the sensible step of breastfeeding the infant for the aforementioned solemn moment. Problem was though that the infant enjoyed being suckled so much that its enthusiastic sucking was audible to all around! Foiled again.

I think that the congregation should be frisked for babies by G4S before being granted entry.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:38 - Apr 17 with 2304 viewsPunteR

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:13 - Apr 17 by Bluce_Ree

Parental bullshit.

I was on a flight to New York and a family brought a kid who screamed for most of it. There's crying and then there is hysterical screaming.

I don't for one minute blame the kid but what the fk do you parents think will happen?

See also fking idiots who take babies into restaurants in the late evening when they are overtired.

I know you parents don't get it but the sound of a baby that you don't give the slightest fk about crying and screeching is literally one of the worst sounds ever.

Nah we do get it ,we just like inflicting it on everyone else.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:47 - Apr 17 with 2289 viewsPunteR

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:13 - Apr 17 by Bluce_Ree

Parental bullshit.

[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 9:54]

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:52 - Apr 17 with 2268 viewsQPRDave

Well apparently the human adult brain is hard-wired to respond to the sound of a crying baby.....so all these parents letting them scream must be complete b******s!!

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/oct/17/crying-babies-hard-ignore
Login to get fewer ads

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:55 - Apr 17 with 2260 viewsHollowayRanger

sorted

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Babies and toddlers on planes on 00:05 - Apr 18 with 2249 viewsqprwpg

Have reach through most of the posts (not all). But we took our daughter at 9 months to Grand Canaria, at 2 to the UK and at 3 to Canada and at 4 to Sweden, all from Poland. She was as good as gold in all those flights. She actually loves flying, but what she loves the most is walking down the aisle and getting attention from all the other passengers. She never cried, never really bothered anyone - she does raise her voice sometimes, but we clamp down on that real quick. All of the passengers thought she's a well behaved sweetie. Now, even with my own, I did see some kids just being completely out of control, at any age. The younger ones (less than a year old) cry and annoy people, and even it got me thinking - why the hell are you travelling with your baby? I just think, there must be a reason and I feel sorry for them and think I'm glad it's not me. I learned to tune it out. When I didn't have kids of my own, I thought the same as the OP. It all depends where you're coming from. Generally, short flights you can deal with it, but long flights require lots of meditation/booze to deal with it. Simple truth is that you've got no control over it, just like you have no control over who your neighbours are.

Twitter: @qprwpg

Babies and toddlers on planes on 02:10 - Apr 18 with 2204 viewsBluce_Ree

Punter

Nah, mate. Here's things I like:

Sleep
Free time
Normal adult conversations
Disposable income

Here's some shit I hate:

Screeching, gurgling, fake crying bullshit
Responsibility
Having to be friends with other parents
Seeing the same episode of Peppa fking Pig every day for two years
That bullshit tone parents take on when they become parents
having my house covered in fking Lego
Having to clean shit out of stuff
Having to act impressed by things that a well trained lab ape could do

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Babies and toddlers on planes on 06:49 - Apr 18 with 2166 viewsHitch

Bluce, one of your likes is a necessity so that leaves you to discuss your income in your spare time with other adults. Id probably go with loving and caring for another human.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 08:28 - Apr 18 with 2098 viewspaulparker

Babies and toddlers on planes on 02:10 - Apr 18 by Bluce_Ree

Punter

Sleep
Free time
Disposable income

Here's some shit I hate:

Responsibility

it doesn't get better as kids get older Bluce

leaving crisp packets around the house
always eating fcuking toast
grunting as a form of communication
dopey boyfriends knocking on the door
attached to there fcking Iphones all day snap chatting
the awful music they listen to
and muggins here being a 24 hour taxi service

do yourself a favour Bluce do not get lumbered

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Babies and toddlers on planes on 08:42 - Apr 18 with 2082 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Clive do us all a favour............. Before I completely give up on the human race.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 08:46 - Apr 18 with 2081 viewshopphoops

Babies and toddlers on planes on 23:47 - Apr 17 by PunteR

[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 9:54]

I've got to say, this is the most stupidly presumptious post I've ever seen on LFW.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 08:59 - Apr 18 with 2065 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I had a baby screan for over 10 hours to cape Town with the odd shut down.

I didn't mind though as I knew why it was crying and couldn't help it and the poor dad looked like after 5 hours he wanted to cry.

Kids who run amok are a different story.

What I really hate and wont tolerate are people reclining into me, my knee goes gently straight in their back and the seat goes back from whence it came.. I always have my seat upright why cant others.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Babies and toddlers on planes on 09:32 - Apr 18 with 2040 viewssimmo

There’s some real intolerant buggers on this forum it seems! It’s almost like you lot were never kids yourself! I suppose if you don't have children and have made that choice willingly, you don't want to deal with the occasions when they are perhaps poorly, in pain, over tired, uncomfortable, in an unfamiliar place, etc — and that’s completely fair enough. Personally, I am quite a tolerant person towards the understandable behaviour of children and try and offer some camaraderie to parents that might be feeling embarrassed and sorry for their brood disturbing others, the fact is though, sometimes taking your children with you places is unavoidable.

Overall I am pretty lucky, my boy is 8 and has always been really compliant, especially in public. I have never taken him on a plane but we’ve done long coach and train rides and he’s less of a problem than most of the adults and teenagers I have travelled with who might be pissed up and aggressive or listening to music through the speaker in their phone, etc.

I do though fully understand and get pissed off when there are children being a nuisance and it’s purely down to the parents. Some people just clock off and allow their kids to be loud, annoying, obnoxious and generally a cnt, in that situation I fully endorse and understand a negative reaction and wouldn’t want to travel or be around them either. In most instances though parents are doing their best and would do as much as they can to keep them happy and manageable — so they have my sympathy rather than my disdain.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Babies and toddlers on planes on 09:33 - Apr 18 with 2038 viewsTheBlob

I always make a point of screaming constantly on public transport.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 09:46 - Apr 18 with 2021 viewsPunteR

Babies and toddlers on planes on 08:46 - Apr 18 by hopphoops

I've got to say, this is the most stupidly presumptious post I've ever seen on LFW.

I was joking and winding Bluce up.
I'll take it down if offensive.

Babies and toddlers on planes on 09:51 - Apr 18 with 2017 viewsMick_S

Travelling is all about responsible planning when you have kids; we always take a football and some table tennis bats for the flight (if it is over 3 hours).

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 09:57 - Apr 18 with 2008 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Babies and toddlers on planes on 02:10 - Apr 18 by Bluce_Ree

Punter

Sleep
Free time
Disposable income

Here's some shit I hate:

Responsibility

Rob Green was a screaming baby once.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 10:19]
Babies and toddlers on planes on 09:58 - Apr 18 with 2008 viewsstonebridgers

Some Parents have to take their children on long haul flights. It is easier to smuggle the drugs in a child's nappy than swallowing condoms full of cocaine.

Stonebridgers

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:06 - Apr 18 with 2002 viewshopphoops

Babies and toddlers on planes on 09:46 - Apr 18 by PunteR

I was joking and winding Bluce up.
I'll take it down if offensive.

I'm glad you don't really believe what you wrote - but then the post was trolling on the same level as Deano's so I'll leave it to you to do as you think best

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:20 - Apr 18 with 1982 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Babies and toddlers on planes on 09:33 - Apr 18 by TheBlob

I always make a point of screaming constantly on public transport.

What about shitting your pants?
Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:21 - Apr 18 with 1977 viewsJuzzie

Babies and toddlers on planes on 21:58 - Apr 17 by HollowayRanger

I know those stewardess don't even blow in the tube now!

apart from wheres the nearest exit what is the point

I mean life jackets ?

how many people have survived a plane crashing into the sea only times I can think of where the one of the coast of Africa and the one that landed on a river in america

I once went on a date with a Lufthansa stewardess and she said it's done just to give people reassurance when the reality is the plane hitting water is like hitting concrete. Even if by miracles the pilot was able to glide in at such an angle it just skimmed the surface, you have two (or 4) big engines hanging under the wings that'll act as huge water scoops and flip the plane downwards in a nano second as it nose-dives under water.

Best place to be is the toilet. Small, tight, confined space that you don't get thrown around as much in. Being in your seat means you'll just get hit by bags, cases, other people, crying babies, trollies etc. I once heard the reason for the bracing position is to protect your jaw so they can confirm peoples identity via dental records.

Enjoy your next flight people :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024