Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton rock match thread 12:56 - Apr 19 with 29114 viewstonyQPR

My first one as nobody else had bothered,2-1 Rangers Washington to score winner in last 10 mins after hall equalises to cancel out an early Brighton goal,and a few choruses of our favourite song :)
Brighton rock match thread on 08:53 - Apr 20 with 1893 viewsCHUBBS

Brighton rock match thread on 23:43 - Apr 19 by Brightonhoop

Agree with that last bit Chubbs, how long Tune hang around is a concern, post Tune is a concern, and TF didn't buy in for a mid table Championship outfit.

No easy answers, for so many novice Club owners.

Making Albion look like Barcelona isn't the answer though. I've dispensed with any hope of play-offs next season. Leeds have just promised all ST holders a refund if they don't make play offs next season and with those coming down, I dont think we have a hope. On the back of a 4-0 thrashing from a fairly average Albion I would take 12th next season right now.

I cant get my head around QPR right now, Tune well, you have to wonder how long before they bail out.

The next transfer window will go down as pivotal in the clubs history.
It better be good because if they don't see an improvement next season I can't see them continuing to throw money into the club and JFH will come under increasing pressure.
We're due a decent window Brighton so I'm looking forward to it😁😉
Brighton rock match thread on 09:09 - Apr 20 with 1856 viewsfrancisbowles

Brighton rock match thread on 08:53 - Apr 20 by CHUBBS

The next transfer window will go down as pivotal in the clubs history.
It better be good because if they don't see an improvement next season I can't see them continuing to throw money into the club and JFH will come under increasing pressure.
We're due a decent window Brighton so I'm looking forward to it😁😉

This is getting silly. We have just lost a game to Brighton and now people are having a conversation about our club with someone called Brighton!
Brighton rock match thread on 10:18 - Apr 20 with 1775 viewsAntti_Heinola

Some fairly depressing views on here, but only understandable after such a bad defeat.

I don't really think there's any point in worrying about next season or making predictions about next season now. Pretty sure all and sundry had Leicester down as relegation favourites last summer, for example. And everyone was pretty sure Bournemouth would go down (not me, I have to say, although I probably would have had Leicester in 19th!) because they didn't have 'Prem quality'.

Equally, Brighton finished 20th last year, with just 47 points. Not enough to even stay in this division most years. They won one of their last 11 games at the end of last season. They scored just 2 goals in their last 9 matches! I suspect there were plenty of kensalrisers around down there with dire warnings about this season, how they were miles off, blah blah blah. And look now.

Equally, the year we went up, Bournemouth, Watford and Boro all had very similar season to ours this season, but the following season they all finished in the top 4, two went up, and Boro will go up this season.

And that's before we remember the utter mess we were in the season before we won the league.

Now, do I think we're about to go on and storm the league next year? No. But I don't really have much time for this kind of myopic doom and glooming. Kensalriser and Chubbs may well be right, but it's based on very little, unless they both own special crystal balls. Poor result aside, we've been top six in the form table for around three months now. There's a definite sense of an upswing.

What we have got now is some stability, and a good manager, and from there you can build. This season has been dull - our first dull one in 7 seasons, in fact. We needed to be weaned off the drama a bit and I think most of us have - some, however, are still on cold turkey.

Plenty to be cautious about, but plenty to be optimistic about too. Smithies, Ingram, Hall, Robinson, Chery, Nasser, Luongo and Washington to some extent, Polter... it's a promising base. I suspect we'll finish a bit higher next season and that sort of progress will be good enough for me.

Bare bones.

Brighton rock match thread on 10:21 - Apr 20 with 1760 views1MoreBrightonR

Brighton rock match thread on 10:18 - Apr 20 by Antti_Heinola

Some fairly depressing views on here, but only understandable after such a bad defeat.

I don't really think there's any point in worrying about next season or making predictions about next season now. Pretty sure all and sundry had Leicester down as relegation favourites last summer, for example. And everyone was pretty sure Bournemouth would go down (not me, I have to say, although I probably would have had Leicester in 19th!) because they didn't have 'Prem quality'.

Equally, Brighton finished 20th last year, with just 47 points. Not enough to even stay in this division most years. They won one of their last 11 games at the end of last season. They scored just 2 goals in their last 9 matches! I suspect there were plenty of kensalrisers around down there with dire warnings about this season, how they were miles off, blah blah blah. And look now.

Equally, the year we went up, Bournemouth, Watford and Boro all had very similar season to ours this season, but the following season they all finished in the top 4, two went up, and Boro will go up this season.

And that's before we remember the utter mess we were in the season before we won the league.

Now, do I think we're about to go on and storm the league next year? No. But I don't really have much time for this kind of myopic doom and glooming. Kensalriser and Chubbs may well be right, but it's based on very little, unless they both own special crystal balls. Poor result aside, we've been top six in the form table for around three months now. There's a definite sense of an upswing.

What we have got now is some stability, and a good manager, and from there you can build. This season has been dull - our first dull one in 7 seasons, in fact. We needed to be weaned off the drama a bit and I think most of us have - some, however, are still on cold turkey.

Plenty to be cautious about, but plenty to be optimistic about too. Smithies, Ingram, Hall, Robinson, Chery, Nasser, Luongo and Washington to some extent, Polter... it's a promising base. I suspect we'll finish a bit higher next season and that sort of progress will be good enough for me.

spot on...

The brighton fans i was chatting to after the game said they did the exact same thing against Fulham...very even first half and didnt think they would easily win and then suddenly started scoring.
Brighton rock match thread on 15:38 - Apr 20 with 1588 viewskensalriser

No doom and gloom from me, Antti, just a sober assessment of where we are. And where we are is a long way from challenging: we lack regular goalscorers, have too many midfielders who never score and are woefully short in defence. Even with additions and further work with what we have, it's hard to see anything but another mediocre season ahead.

Quoting Brighton's outlying achievement as some sort of model for normality makes no sense. Of the 16 clubs above them that didn't get promoted, only two will be promoted this season if Brighton go up. It's not an indication of anything except anything can happen.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brighton rock match thread on 15:56 - Apr 20 with 1575 viewsthemodfather

how many qpr expected to win at brighton? i didn't fancy it so didn't go....we lack goals and imo formation, cohesion, fighting spirit,tempo, quality passing other than that we have done well.....to think we had austin, sandro, fer, green ,caulker on the book in august , so really we have really diabolically UNDER ACHIEVED this season and last! hey ho
Brighton rock match thread on 17:46 - Apr 20 with 1519 viewsRangersw12

Brighton rock match thread on 15:56 - Apr 20 by themodfather

how many qpr expected to win at brighton? i didn't fancy it so didn't go....we lack goals and imo formation, cohesion, fighting spirit,tempo, quality passing other than that we have done well.....to think we had austin, sandro, fer, green ,caulker on the book in august , so really we have really diabolically UNDER ACHIEVED this season and last! hey ho

Bar Austin none of those players you mentioned are actually any good though are they
Brighton rock match thread on 19:12 - Apr 20 with 1467 viewskensalriser

Brighton rock match thread on 17:46 - Apr 20 by Rangersw12

Bar Austin none of those players you mentioned are actually any good though are they

And yet all bar Green are at PL clubs.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Brighton rock match thread on 21:02 - Apr 20 with 1416 viewsBrightonhoop

And, bar Austin, they are still sh1t.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024