Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New kit supplier 11:07 - Apr 21 with 23197 viewsNorthernr

As long rumoured, Nike ditched midway through deal. New ten year agreement signed with Dryworld.

New kit supplier on 08:40 - Apr 22 with 5390 viewsconnell10

it all sonds good to me, as my guilty pleasure is collecting rangers shirts im looking forward to this! The only ones i didnt buy in recent years were the nike ones focking truly awful! By the way i rarely wear them i just hang them up and look at them, i sometimes stroke them , is this strange???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

New kit supplier on 08:48 - Apr 22 with 5379 viewsGloucs_R

New kit supplier on 08:40 - Apr 22 by connell10

it all sonds good to me, as my guilty pleasure is collecting rangers shirts im looking forward to this! The only ones i didnt buy in recent years were the nike ones focking truly awful! By the way i rarely wear them i just hang them up and look at them, i sometimes stroke them , is this strange???

Poll: Are we staying up?

New kit supplier on 09:06 - Apr 22 with 5345 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Have you ever done a David Mellor?
New kit supplier on 09:16 - Apr 22 with 5328 viewspomanjou

er, yes, very

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

New kit supplier on 09:22 - Apr 22 with 5305 viewsRSoul

New kit supplier on 09:06 - Apr 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Have you ever done a David Mellor?

I have with a girl in a QPR top, her surprise present to me. Doing it in a scum shirt that is sick!!!
New kit supplier on 09:34 - Apr 22 with 5377 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New kit supplier on 09:22 - Apr 22 by RSoul

I have with a girl in a QPR top, her surprise present to me. Doing it in a scum shirt that is sick!!!

I meant being rude to a taxi driver. What did you mean? : )
New kit supplier on 09:37 - Apr 22 with 5373 viewsRSoul

New kit supplier on 09:34 - Apr 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

New kit supplier on 09:43 - Apr 22 with 5354 viewsRSoul

New kit supplier on 09:34 - Apr 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Probably time you asked your dad, to have a conversation about the birds and bees.
Login to get fewer ads

New kit supplier on 12:17 - Apr 22 with 5216 viewsrsonist

New kit supplier on 14:33 - Apr 21 by Hooparoo

I like the new crest but I think that it is a mistake picking an unknown kit manufacturer with a bizarre name and compounding the mistake by signing up for 10 years.

Marketing 101 - brand recognition, channel distribution, image. Good luck finding a sports store that has even heard of the brand Dryworld let alone stocking it.

Puma seem to understand that Reading kits have proper hoops but we have gone all esoteric with a nobody brand just because Nike fcked our kits up.

This is a forum after all so this is my opinion. If you don't care about the brand then buy one of the new kits. You'll have to buy it from the club online store though because I doubt you'll find it anywhere else.

"Marketing 101" would understand that QPR are the brand, not the manufacturer. The more control the club has over its visual identity the better the chance to build and maintain recognition.

I also think it's important to appreciate that, going by their other kits, the Dryware branding seems to be relatively discreet - just the little D logo. Less in fact than the View From, Le Coq, Lotto kits we hold up as good examples.

There's a good few clubs in divisions below us with generic teamwear/template Nike deals. The consumer is wise to it and the association carries little cache if any.

Probably the only manufacturer that would potentially carry the brand-synergetic benefit you talk about is Adidas, but for one they have bigger fish to fry and secondly they have until recently also put out more than their fair share of lazy, trashy kits which would have done us no favours.
New kit supplier on 12:35 - Apr 22 with 5197 viewsBAWHoops

FWIW

My Dad was heavily involved with LeCoq when they did our kit. Some of the stories about Paladini were insane!

The best selling away shirt was the silver and black hoops! He said that every time fans asked for Dennis the menace it never sold as people already had one in a different iteration.

Took them a while to get it right as the first few seasons they had QPR on the sleeve and it looked awful

After that they messed about with the away kits for a while to sell

But their last 2 home kits were the best they ever did in my opinion

Point is, even with QPR fans at the helm you can't just have thick blue and white hoops and a Dennis the Menace away kit every season or else nobody will buy the shirt.
The 16/17 kits will probably be good, but then what are Dryworld going to do for 17/18? Same again

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

New kit supplier on 13:04 - Apr 22 with 5142 viewsGloucs_R

New kit supplier on 12:35 - Apr 22 by BAWHoops

FWIW

My Dad was heavily involved with LeCoq when they did our kit. Some of the stories about Paladini were insane!

The best selling away shirt was the silver and black hoops! He said that every time fans asked for Dennis the menace it never sold as people already had one in a different iteration.

Took them a while to get it right as the first few seasons they had QPR on the sleeve and it looked awful

Point is, even with QPR fans at the helm you can't just have thick blue and white hoops and a Dennis the Menace away kit every season or else nobody will buy the shirt.
The 16/17 kits will probably be good, but then what are Dryworld going to do for 17/18? Same again

Exactly my point. Which is why I keep going on about alternative hoops for the away kit.

I'd love to see something like these, I know not everyones cup of tea but at least its something different every year. They'd have to be propoer hoops though.

I wouldnt even mind a look back to some of our other away kits:

New kit supplier on 13:06 - Apr 22 with 5139 viewsloftboy

New kit supplier on 12:35 - Apr 22 by BAWHoops

FWIW

Just tweek the collar, etc dont touch the hoops, maybe have one with a thin red hoop like we do, do a retro version of the influence one with the yellow pin stripe hoop,but ffs make the blue hoops go all the way round.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

New kit supplier on 13:43 - Apr 22 with 5083 viewsJuzzie

Dryworld is Kevin Costner's long awaited sequel to Waterworld.
New kit supplier on 13:45 - Apr 22 with 5082 viewsBAWHoops

Personally would love to see a 92/93 inspired kit with a sky blue hoop

New kit supplier on 14:06 - Apr 22 with 5039 viewsrsonist

I have a soft spot for that Le Coq one with the giant badge on the sleeve, still wear it for 5s. It's ugly but the right sort of ugly for a football shirt...

Really like pinstripe hoops like that black/red on white one posted or the dark blue View From one.

Most of those alt hooped suggestions there are fairly nasty to me apart from the Santa Cruz. If Drywall want to get a relationship going with us and Fluminese by giving us maroon-and-green hoops I'd be well up for that. You don't see those colours in British football.

Surprised to hear the silver / black one was a big seller as I've rarely ever seen it around.
New kit supplier on 14:09 - Apr 22 with 5034 viewsAntti_Heinola

New kit supplier on 13:04 - Apr 22 by Gloucs_R

Exactly my point. Which is why I keep going on about alternative hoops for the away kit.

I'd love to see something like these, I know not everyones cup of tea but at least its something different every year. They'd have to be propoer hoops though.

I wouldnt even mind a look back to some of our other away kits:

Agree, I sort of think we should always play in hoops and the away kit could change colours every year. A red and yellow old school Melchester Rovers number maybe? A black and luminous yellow would be nice.

Having said that, I love the red and black halves - still have that one, and like the red and white halves too.

Can't see the sense in selling thin stripes because it's different - people don't like them. You can keep thicker stripes and make it look different in plenty of ways.

Bare bones.

New kit supplier on 14:14 - Apr 22 with 5025 viewsBAWHoops

Think Red and Black halves or Red shirts black shorts is acceptable as well

New kit supplier on 14:19 - Apr 22 with 5017 viewsrsonist

Bear in mind the way football's going we'll probably be wearing our away shirt more than we ever have to...

See the excellent https://twitter.com/awaykit watch

(Delete the space there because the site's rude word filter won't let me post it otherwise lol)
New kit supplier on 14:27 - Apr 22 with 5001 viewsrsonist

New kit supplier on 14:14 - Apr 22 by BAWHoops

Think Red and Black halves or Red shirts black shorts is acceptable as well

The halves are nice but I do think it's more essential that the club are associated with hoops at all times. At the end of the day it's Feyenoord's kit.

Always bugged me a bit that we were and will continually be broadcast around the globe wearing that for the City match. Meanwhile Germany won the World Cup in Dennis the Menace...
New kit supplier on 19:50 - Apr 22 with 4871 viewsMrSheen

The red and black halves were lovely. My daughter wore it all the time when she was 5, we couldn't get it off her.
New kit supplier on 23:30 - Apr 22 with 4809 viewsPunteR

This is a good away kit. Still wear it playing footie

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New kit supplier on 09:26 - Apr 23 with 4714 viewsGloucs_R

New kit supplier on 14:09 - Apr 22 by Antti_Heinola

Agree, I sort of think we should always play in hoops and the away kit could change colours every year. A red and yellow old school Melchester Rovers number maybe? A black and luminous yellow would be nice.

Having said that, I love the red and black halves - still have that one, and like the red and white halves too.

Can't see the sense in selling thin stripes because it's different - people don't like them. You can keep thicker stripes and make it look different in plenty of ways.

Some alternatives....

http://d2dzjyo4yc2sta.cloudfront.net/?url=images.pitchero.com%2Fui%2F472376%2F13
[Post edited 23 Apr 2016 9:29]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024