Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho 11:22 - Apr 24 with 11803 viewsQPRDave

Good write up on a great Football League manager ...Well done again sir Neil
Gave us some wonderful memories too....good luck to him and his family.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3555550/Neil-Warnock-works-miracle-Roth
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 16:36]
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 22:43 - Apr 24 with 2429 viewshitman35

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 22:29 - Apr 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm just going to leave this here:

http://www.psychologistanywhereanytime.com/disorders_psychologist_and_psychologi
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 22:30]

very good bazz. sorry if im coming across abit hyped, having not posted in over a month and having been treated unfairly on another site, i may just be a little pumped joining this place. i still do not know what i have done to upset connell, unless he is having trouble letting go of the past.

time to let go mate, im offering my cyber hand to ya buddy.

what do ya say?
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 22:47 - Apr 24 with 2419 viewsDannytheR

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 22:40 - Apr 24 by QPRDave

Oh really when did you start following the R's then know it all?

Because I can tell you in those 13 consecutive seasons we had more than one manager, so who needs tuition?

Indeed. All of who delivered higher league finishes than where we were when Warnock was sacked.

Come to a game one day and you might learn even more.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 22:47]
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 22:50 - Apr 24 with 2405 viewsQPRDave

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 22:47 - Apr 24 by DannytheR

Indeed. All of who delivered higher league finishes than where we were when Warnock was sacked.

Come to a game one day and you might learn even more.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 22:47]

so not a Warnock fan then?........very strange imo
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 22:55 - Apr 24 with 2385 viewsDeepcutHoop

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 22:50 - Apr 24 by QPRDave

so not a Warnock fan then?........very strange imo

TBf Colin was almost universally hated by us before he arrived here.

He did a great job here, until a terrible spell at the top level, and the fans turned on him.

I don't wish him any ill, actually almost fond of the old rogue, but to claim he's the best we've had in three decades is either massively delusional or just attention-seeking for the sake of getting people's backs up.

IMO
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 23:31 - Apr 24 with 2356 viewsQPRDave

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 22:55 - Apr 24 by DeepcutHoop

TBf Colin was almost universally hated by us before he arrived here.

He did a great job here, until a terrible spell at the top level, and the fans turned on him.

I don't wish him any ill, actually almost fond of the old rogue, but to claim he's the best we've had in three decades is either massively delusional or just attention-seeking for the sake of getting people's backs up.

IMO

Well I based it on actually winning something deep.
So to call me delusional or attn seeking is far from accurate on your part.
Venables won this division and took us up, and so did NW.
Yes I'll give you good times under Smith and Howe, and Francis had a great prem too.
But you're welcome to your opinion .....pity I'm not offorded the same privilege without being constantly insulted for it....don't you think?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 23:32]
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 10:37 - Apr 25 with 2230 viewsdaveB

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 23:31 - Apr 24 by QPRDave

Well I based it on actually winning something deep.
So to call me delusional or attn seeking is far from accurate on your part.
Venables won this division and took us up, and so did NW.
Yes I'll give you good times under Smith and Howe, and Francis had a great prem too.
But you're welcome to your opinion .....pity I'm not offorded the same privilege without being constantly insulted for it....don't you think?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 23:32]

Redknapp also won something with us and is pretty much hated on here. i'm not sure what you want really. Warnock did a very good job at QPR and no one has ever said otherwise but he's moved on now and so should we.

Also the fact he had made those plans to go to South Africa pretty much backs up why he only wanted the job until early December.
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 11:09 - Apr 25 with 2205 viewsThe_Mole

I think the continual mention of NW is born out of frustration of what we could have won!

I know we're building for the future bla bla bla and that NW was simply a stop gap but at least this article supports what a few on here were saying as to why NW couldn't stay on any longer with us, instead of the cheap line "he didn't want the job!"

In hindsight it was probably a good thing he didn't take over any longer, as had he not succeeded, all his great achievements with us previously would be in vein and he'd be remembered only for his failures.

Warnock is clearly a 'marmite character' amongst this particular board!
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 12:34 - Apr 25 with 2156 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 11:09 - Apr 25 by The_Mole

I think the continual mention of NW is born out of frustration of what we could have won!

I know we're building for the future bla bla bla and that NW was simply a stop gap but at least this article supports what a few on here were saying as to why NW couldn't stay on any longer with us, instead of the cheap line "he didn't want the job!"

In hindsight it was probably a good thing he didn't take over any longer, as had he not succeeded, all his great achievements with us previously would be in vein and he'd be remembered only for his failures.

"Warnock is clearly a 'marmite character' amongst this particular board!"

I don't think he is at all, Mole. I think everyone on here loves the man. But, like Dave said, he's moved on and so have we.

Delighted for him at Roterham.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 13:37 - Apr 25 with 2102 viewsisawqpratwcity

"...instead of the cheap line "he didn't want the job!" "

It's not a cheap line, he said it.

It's not unreasonable to take the bloke's words at face value, especially as we knew that he had a situation at home, one so pressing that he actually missed attending one of his four games as interim manager. He had previously indicated a preference for a "board liaison" position, presumably some kind of 'DoF-lite', which was, to be perfectly blunt, not an open vacancy. Perhaps this is behind some of the anti-Les sentiment on this board.

That the bloke changed his mind after our manager recruitment process is entirely irrelevant, as is the fact that Neil's performance at Rotherham has been a phenomenon, surely the quickest and most radical improvement of a team in his career.

And while I'm taking you to task, had he stayed and failed, it would not have destroyed his legacy here. He had already failed here in the second half of 2011 (the first half of that first season back in the Premier) and it did absolutely nothing to take the gloss off a wonderful promotion and championship season.

You do LFWers a profound disservice by calling Neil a 'marmite character'.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 14:03 - Apr 25 with 2085 viewsThe_Mole

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 13:37 - Apr 25 by isawqpratwcity

"...instead of the cheap line "he didn't want the job!" "

It's not a cheap line, he said it.

It's not unreasonable to take the bloke's words at face value, especially as we knew that he had a situation at home, one so pressing that he actually missed attending one of his four games as interim manager. He had previously indicated a preference for a "board liaison" position, presumably some kind of 'DoF-lite', which was, to be perfectly blunt, not an open vacancy. Perhaps this is behind some of the anti-Les sentiment on this board.

That the bloke changed his mind after our manager recruitment process is entirely irrelevant, as is the fact that Neil's performance at Rotherham has been a phenomenon, surely the quickest and most radical improvement of a team in his career.

And while I'm taking you to task, had he stayed and failed, it would not have destroyed his legacy here. He had already failed here in the second half of 2011 (the first half of that first season back in the Premier) and it did absolutely nothing to take the gloss off a wonderful promotion and championship season.

You do LFWers a profound disservice by calling Neil a 'marmite character'.

"And while I'm taking you to task, had he stayed and failed, it would not have destroyed his legacy here. He had already failed here in the second half of 2011 (the first half of that first season back in the Premier)..."

The clubs remit at the start of that season, despite NW shambolic pre-season under the new regime (no fault of his own btw) was to be 17th or higher come the turn of the year and we were, yet they sacked him? If you're meeting your targets, I don't see that as failure.
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 14:28 - Apr 25 with 2054 viewsNorthernr

I don't think he is a marmite character at all, here or anywhere else at QPR. Everybody loves him, and rightly so, he did an amazing job for us just when all hope seemed to be draining away. I think he's brilliant, and the job he's done at Rotherham is remarkable.

The problem is he's being used by a couple of people on here as a wind up tool - hehehehe aren't I really clever starting a Neil Warnock thread every single fcking week, let's see who gets annoyed and bites this time (spoiler alert, it's me this week).
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 14:36 - Apr 25 with 2045 viewsFDC

I think it's born out of one or two posters being on the wind-up and thinking they're hilarious.
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 14:46 - Apr 25 with 2033 viewsdaveB

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 14:03 - Apr 25 by The_Mole

"And while I'm taking you to task, had he stayed and failed, it would not have destroyed his legacy here. He had already failed here in the second half of 2011 (the first half of that first season back in the Premier)..."

The clubs remit at the start of that season, despite NW shambolic pre-season under the new regime (no fault of his own btw) was to be 17th or higher come the turn of the year and we were, yet they sacked him? If you're meeting your targets, I don't see that as failure.

He made a lot of mistakes when we went up and signed a load of tripe, i don't buy the crap about only having a day to sign everyone, he had plenty of time to identify targets but just signed any old shit and lumbered us with Traore, Barton, Anton Ferdinand and SWp all on big money who had no respect for him as a manager hence the problems he then quickly faced. Also quickly forgotten he arranged that pre season and signed some poor players on big money before the takeover as well.. We were 17th when he left but we were going down, he's lost that dressing room and the fans had also turned on him. The writing was on the wall and the change did work as we stayed up before the next brain fart at the club.

He is and will always be a brilliant manager in the championship though and thankfully he seems to have finally accepted that's his level and he is happier for it.
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 14:57 - Apr 25 with 2025 viewspaulparker

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 14:46 - Apr 25 by daveB

He made a lot of mistakes when we went up and signed a load of tripe, i don't buy the crap about only having a day to sign everyone, he had plenty of time to identify targets but just signed any old shit and lumbered us with Traore, Barton, Anton Ferdinand and SWp all on big money who had no respect for him as a manager hence the problems he then quickly faced. Also quickly forgotten he arranged that pre season and signed some poor players on big money before the takeover as well.. We were 17th when he left but we were going down, he's lost that dressing room and the fans had also turned on him. The writing was on the wall and the change did work as we stayed up before the next brain fart at the club.

He is and will always be a brilliant manager in the championship though and thankfully he seems to have finally accepted that's his level and he is happier for it.

Blimey Dave not this again
NW wanted Bassong, Graham, Williams, Routledge, Naughton, Parker & I think Bertrand
he got shafted big time by tango & cash that pre season
any of those players added to the championship winning team and we wouldn't of ever had played catch up , we also wouldn't of been in the mess we are in now if we had stuck with NW and let him have our original targets and actually left to manage
NW needed to act that transfer window , we had a defence of Gabbindon& perone with Dave up top , we were desperate and very short of prem quality
also Beard & TF went in like kids playing championship manager that August and have to take a lot of the blame

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 15:35 - Apr 25 with 1990 viewsisawqpratwcity

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 14:03 - Apr 25 by The_Mole

"The clubs remit at the start of that season...was to be 17th or higher come the turn of the year"

Can you substantiate that claim? Excuse me, but I find it bizarre that the club might propose as his satisfactory performance standard to be 'anywhere outside the actual relegation zone in the middle of the season', but I'm willing to be proved wrong. Any quote or report, anything at all?

There is no question that Neil was failing. He had a hopelessly dysfunctional and split team; that situation wasn't entirely of his own making, but it was definitely his job to be on top of it. We had managed only three draws out of our last nine games, and the last straw was an abject effort at League One Dons in the Cup where our ignominy was only slightly diminished by a late fluke equaliser. In the Premier we were 17th when he was sacked, but 18th before our next game. He was failing, failing badly, and the trajectory was clearly going South.

Just about everyone was taken by surprise by Neil's sacking, mainly, I suspect, because we were unable to comprehend his astonishingly poor performance and were waiting for the old Warnock magic to resume. But Fernandes' timing was astute, giving him time to find another manager and to give that manager a chance to make some assessment of the team and bring in remedial signings to save the season. It was only the subsequent manager replacement process that was faulty, not the previous manager's removal. Fernandes rightly judged that no manager was automatically owed a full season's chance at the risk of the club's lucrative Premier status.

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 15:40 - Apr 25 with 1850 viewsdaveB

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 14:57 - Apr 25 by paulparker

Blimey Dave not this again
NW wanted Bassong, Graham, Williams, Routledge, Naughton, Parker & I think Bertrand
he got shafted big time by tango & cash that pre season
any of those players added to the championship winning team and we wouldn't of ever had played catch up , we also wouldn't of been in the mess we are in now if we had stuck with NW and let him have our original targets and actually left to manage
NW needed to act that transfer window , we had a defence of Gabbindon& perone with Dave up top , we were desperate and very short of prem quality
also Beard & TF went in like kids playing championship manager that August and have to take a lot of the blame

I know he wanted those players and they would have been good additions but he ended up signing crap he didn't need to. He didn't need to act he had a defence with Gorkss, Hill, Shittu, Connolly and Hall before he ditched them and Helguson, DJ Campbell, Bothroyd and Adel in attack. He had enough to be competitive and the bulk of those players were the ones who came back and kept us up after his new signings failed.

Fernandes and Beard also have to share the blame for that window but Warnock did make mistakes as well.
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 15:43 - Apr 25 with 1842 viewsThe_Mole

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 15:35 - Apr 25 by isawqpratwcity

"The clubs remit at the start of that season...was to be 17th or higher come the turn of the year"

Can you substantiate that claim? Excuse me, but I find it bizarre that the club might propose as his satisfactory performance standard to be 'anywhere outside the actual relegation zone in the middle of the season', but I'm willing to be proved wrong. Any quote or report, anything at all?

There is no question that Neil was failing. He had a hopelessly dysfunctional and split team; that situation wasn't entirely of his own making, but it was definitely his job to be on top of it. We had managed only three draws out of our last nine games, and the last straw was an abject effort at League One Dons in the Cup where our ignominy was only slightly diminished by a late fluke equaliser. In the Premier we were 17th when he was sacked, but 18th before our next game. He was failing, failing badly, and the trajectory was clearly going South.

Just about everyone was taken by surprise by Neil's sacking, mainly, I suspect, because we were unable to comprehend his astonishingly poor performance and were waiting for the old Warnock magic to resume. But Fernandes' timing was astute, giving him time to find another manager and to give that manager a chance to make some assessment of the team and bring in remedial signings to save the season. It was only the subsequent manager replacement process that was faulty, not the previous manager's removal. Fernandes rightly judged that no manager was automatically owed a full season's chance at the risk of the club's lucrative Premier status.

I'm sure Northern will back me on that claim, if not I'll search the archives tonight for you!

That's the underlining issue though isawqpr, ultimately removing NW when we did has put us in this position now. If we had seen out that season, stayed up or gone down, surely we would be have been in a stronger position and in keeping NW we'd still have stability and the ideal man to launch another promotion? Surely we, as QPR fans didn't expect us to be pulling up trees in our first year back in the big time?

Look at Watford now? Hit the ground running then since the turn of the new year have slumped horribly.
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 16:07 - Apr 25 with 1803 viewsdaveB

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 15:43 - Apr 25 by The_Mole

I'm sure Northern will back me on that claim, if not I'll search the archives tonight for you!

That's the underlining issue though isawqpr, ultimately removing NW when we did has put us in this position now. If we had seen out that season, stayed up or gone down, surely we would be have been in a stronger position and in keeping NW we'd still have stability and the ideal man to launch another promotion? Surely we, as QPR fans didn't expect us to be pulling up trees in our first year back in the big time?

Look at Watford now? Hit the ground running then since the turn of the new year have slumped horribly.

I think if we had our time all over again Warnock would have done things very differently as would Fernandes but at the time the fans were on his back, the players had stopped playing for him and we were going down so although i'd agree it was the wrong call to sack him, and i was slated on here at the time for saying that, it wasn't the worst decision Fernandes made, most of those came the following summer when we went bananas.

Looking at Watford they have slumped and are about to sack the manager, no different to what we did.
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 16:11 - Apr 25 with 1796 viewsAntti_Heinola

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 15:35 - Apr 25 by isawqpratwcity

'astonishingly poor'?
Bizarre.

Bare bones.

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 16:15 - Apr 25 with 1783 viewsTacticalR

Out on the road today
I saw a deadhead sticker on a cadillac
A little voice inside my head said:
"Don't look back, you can never look back"

Don Henley, The Boys of Summer

Air hostess clique

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 16:26 - Apr 25 with 1769 viewsisawqpratwcity

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 15:43 - Apr 25 by The_Mole

Happy to wait on that historical reference.

I can't agree that removing Warnock put us in the position that we are in now (or, more accurately, now getting ourselves out of).

Neil's choices were important first steps on that slippery slope. I do ascribe a lot of the blame for Neil's poor disposals, signings and contracts to B&E's complete contempt for the continuing responsible management of the club through the sale process, but tbf Warnock did make some very bad decisions. We criticise Fernandes for indulging Redknapp and Hughes as much as he did, but when first given the control of the club, the money he poured wherever Warnock directed was seen only as the salvation of the club's Premier re-instatement program. Even with hindsight, it's very hard to say when Fernandes' urgent good intentions became an irresponsible lack of prudence.

No, quite clearly Neil had to go. I maintain that only real criticism of his dismissal was that the subsequent corrective remedy applied (Hughes) was faulty. He managed to keep making some of the same mistakes as Warnock, but worse.

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 16:41 - Apr 25 with 1755 viewsisawqpratwcity

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 16:11 - Apr 25 by Antti_Heinola

'astonishingly poor'?
Bizarre.

"Bizarre", really?

My view is that Warnock had gone from a man who basically could do no wrong to an ineffectual, isolated leader-in-name-only of a broken team in just half a season. That's a helluva criticism, but I stand by every word of it and, honestly, do you disagree?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 16:43]

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 17:44 - Apr 25 with 1707 viewsCHUBBS

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 16:41 - Apr 25 by isawqpratwcity

"Bizarre", really?

My view is that Warnock had gone from a man who basically could do no wrong to an ineffectual, isolated leader-in-name-only of a broken team in just half a season. That's a helluva criticism, but I stand by every word of it and, honestly, do you disagree?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 16:43]

So what do you think of JFHs astonishingly poor performance,a man remember who could do no wrong at Burton but has struggled to hit those heights at QPR.
Do you think we should sack him??
Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 18:44 - Apr 25 with 1634 viewsisawqpratwcity

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 17:44 - Apr 25 by CHUBBS

So what do you think of JFHs astonishingly poor performance,a man remember who could do no wrong at Burton but has struggled to hit those heights at QPR.
Do you think we should sack him??

I'd prefer to keep the thread squarely on Warnock, because I've made some pretty strong points about him that no-one seems inclined to answer.

But, since you asked...

I don't think JFH's performance has been "astonishingly poor". He hasn't maintained the same degree of performance as at Burton, but I do think his performance has been 'acceptable' and prospects for further improvement are 'encouraging'. His games have not had the same critical impact as at Burton as the situation after Ramsey and Warnock was mid-table limbo, which he has certainly at least managed to maintain. Enough of his games have been so completely inconsequential that he has been at liberty to adopt a heuristic, empirical approach to squad formation, tactics, etc. - freed from the necessity to chase promotion or avoid relegation, and able to just play and see what works and what doesn't.
It is difficult to compare JFH's performance at Burton with that of QPR with nothing in common between the two clubs except for what background staff and player resources that he has brought with him.
I think JFH's background performance, more off the field, has been impressive. He hasn't yet managed to get all players playing at their best, but we are seeing significant improvements in morale, fitness and performance. I also think that he is working well with Ferdinand to address some of the malaises that have been plaguing the club: the reliance on expensive purchases and ridiculous contracts and the consequent divisions in the squad. His position is a necessary, integral part of reshaping the ethos of the club.
Frankly, I don't think I would have called for his removal this season unless he was incompetent just about to the point of being couldn't-give-a-stuff, youse-can-all-get-fcked negligent. We aren't competing to hang on to a current £100 million-a-season place in the Premier, so, while he is making progress, I am not about to call for another manager to step up to the revolving door.

How's that little lot for you?

Now, what do you think about the other stuff about Warnock?

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 21:01 - Apr 25 with 1566 viewsCHUBBS

Neil Warnock.....The League's very own Mourinho on 18:44 - Apr 25 by isawqpratwcity

I'd prefer to keep the thread squarely on Warnock, because I've made some pretty strong points about him that no-one seems inclined to answer.

But, since you asked...

I don't think JFH's performance has been "astonishingly poor". He hasn't maintained the same degree of performance as at Burton, but I do think his performance has been 'acceptable' and prospects for further improvement are 'encouraging'. His games have not had the same critical impact as at Burton as the situation after Ramsey and Warnock was mid-table limbo, which he has certainly at least managed to maintain. Enough of his games have been so completely inconsequential that he has been at liberty to adopt a heuristic, empirical approach to squad formation, tactics, etc. - freed from the necessity to chase promotion or avoid relegation, and able to just play and see what works and what doesn't.
It is difficult to compare JFH's performance at Burton with that of QPR with nothing in common between the two clubs except for what background staff and player resources that he has brought with him.
I think JFH's background performance, more off the field, has been impressive. He hasn't yet managed to get all players playing at their best, but we are seeing significant improvements in morale, fitness and performance. I also think that he is working well with Ferdinand to address some of the malaises that have been plaguing the club: the reliance on expensive purchases and ridiculous contracts and the consequent divisions in the squad. His position is a necessary, integral part of reshaping the ethos of the club.
Frankly, I don't think I would have called for his removal this season unless he was incompetent just about to the point of being couldn't-give-a-stuff, youse-can-all-get-fcked negligent. We aren't competing to hang on to a current £100 million-a-season place in the Premier, so, while he is making progress, I am not about to call for another manager to step up to the revolving door.

How's that little lot for you?

Now, what do you think about the other stuff about Warnock?

Look,sacking JFH would be ludicrous as he's got a hell of a job on just keeping us competive.
NW also took over our club in arguably a worse mess yet took us somewhere we just never believed possible.
When promoted we were woefully under prepared on and off the pitch with no real plan of attack due to the late takeover.
If we'd completed our original transfer plan NW earmarked we'd have had a good season I've no doubt however we ended up with the dregs and none of those signings were a success.
Yes some of the blame can be attributed to NW however he was under pressure to make signings from new owners with no idea how to run a football club.
MH came in and was no better than NW spending an absolute fortune just to stay up on the final day after Bolton blew it.
We'd have been better off keeping NW for all the money spent hiring the hapless MH and we actually got worse.
The real problems at our club have been making the wrong decisions at the wrong time and we all know who that's down to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024