Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Preview 15:31 - Aug 3 with 3605 viewsJimmy1510

Just a little Season Preview for anyone interested - http://questforthe92.weebly.com/season-preview

Cheers, Jimmy
Season Preview on 15:56 - Aug 3 with 3560 viewsSwissdale

Interesting read.

I think you're being incredibly optimistic predicting us for a 5th place finish. I'm really worried about our defence this season, and the lack of a solid defensive midfielder will just add further pressure.

I'm going for Dale to finish 12th - and will probably back both teams to score in every one of our games unless we sign a left back, centre back and a defensive midfielder.
Season Preview on 16:07 - Aug 3 with 3534 viewsDaleiLama

I predict we finish 6th
And we have a proven left back in Bunney ...... ask anyone

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season Preview on 16:32 - Aug 3 with 3477 viewsJimmy1510

I'll admit to being optimistic, I just have a good feeling about this season. A couple more signings are needed but if Hilly can bring in players that suit the way we play then I see no reason why we can't break into the playoffs this season.
Season Preview on 17:33 - Aug 3 with 3404 viewsboromat

Season Preview on 16:32 - Aug 3 by Jimmy1510

I'll admit to being optimistic, I just have a good feeling about this season. A couple more signings are needed but if Hilly can bring in players that suit the way we play then I see no reason why we can't break into the playoffs this season.

Exactly my thoughts. Looking at the squad now you'd say we look like we could beat anyone with a couple of quality signings you'd say we should be beating most teams. It's a funny game though and things happen.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season Preview on 18:53 - Aug 3 with 3328 viewsChaffRAFC

If we finish 5th, I'll literally go and kiss Keith Hill's feet. Absolutely no chance on Earth we'll finish 5th. Top 10 at a big push, more realistically bottom half.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season Preview on 18:57 - Aug 3 with 3321 viewsYorkshire_Dale

If you can't start the season with a bit of optimism then let's give up.

Looking at who we shed and who we recruited/re-signed I think we should do pretty well.

Just hope Hendo and Peter Vincenti come good again......the youngsters will do well.

I really hope your prediction pf Charlton comes true with a massive 6-0 win on the opening Day?
Season Preview on 20:08 - Aug 3 with 3251 viewsTalkingSutty

Season Preview on 16:32 - Aug 3 by Jimmy1510

Well said James, even so I would still take 5th from bottom if offered. #itsadalething.
Season Preview on 21:57 - Aug 3 with 3155 viewsJimmy1510

We haven't lost any big names apart from maybe Eastham and I think that a partnership between McGahey and Canavan will prove significantly better than the one we had for the majority of last season. Other teams that finished above us last season have lost key players as well, Walsall, Gillingham and Coventry being the main examples, so I don't think we've got anything to fear in aiming for a playoff place. In Keith we trust
Login to get fewer ads

Season Preview on 16:01 - Aug 4 with 2977 viewsBarryStrange

Interesting read that, cheers Jimmy.

FWIW I don't think you have Dale or Bury that accurately. Having seen us relegated three times from this division before I know a bit about it - on none of those occasions did we have the quality of Mayor, Ismail or Danns available. Our current squad is so much better than what Barker left us with in 2012. Suspect we will finish somewhere about 16th.

We will not trouble the top half as we will not score enough, but I am not that worried about relegation at this point, which may change of course. I am worried about going bust though.

Don't see Dale finishing 5th either, or anything near. Suspect a pretty MOR mid-table season for Dale to be honest - a few highs, a few lows - which still has to be classed as a success.
Season Preview on 16:40 - Aug 4 with 2927 viewsSaxonDale

For what its worth I really think we've got good reasons to be optimistic this year. I think during the end of last season things threatened to properly click and we saw a number of players across the squad suddenly improve considerably. NML, McDermott and Camps are all now elite League 1 players, which you couldn't say about them at this stage last year. Bunney and Andrew both started to contribute significantly in different ways and are no longer just squad fillers. This is to already add to the quality of Lund, Allen and Hendo who on their day would get into any League 1, and probably a fair few Championship teams.

I think as a back five we've also improved massively. The mentality that Canavan has brought to the team I think will bring us more clean sheets than last year, we've retained the current POTS in Lillis, and I think both fullback options are much more solid than this time last year (Raff has improved year on year.) Last year our squad was inflated and there was probably too many squad fillers who weren't able to challenge the first XI, this year however, I can't think of too many players that I'd be disappointed to see start on any given matchday.

Yes, we still need a few extra numbers to help out at the back but I'm Hilly will get them but for me we've probably got as good a squad as we've had since Hill came back for a second time, so there's every reason to be quietly optimistic.
Season Preview on 19:30 - Dec 22 with 2518 viewsJimmy1510

Since we're nearly halfway through the season I thought I'd bring up my preview from before the season started, perhaps my predictions for Dale and Bury weren't so bad after all.
Season Preview on 20:12 - Dec 22 with 2444 viewsSuddenLad

I hope Chaff is ready with the lip balm........ 😅

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season Preview on 20:17 - Dec 22 with 2423 viewsDaleiLama

Season Preview on 20:12 - Dec 22 by SuddenLad

I hope Chaff is ready with the lip balm........ 😅

Well he is one of Keith Hill's balmy army?

Season Preview on 23:43 - Dec 22 with 2235 viewsBendy

Season Preview on 16:07 - Aug 3 by DaleiLama

I predict we finish 6th

Is this prophecy Mr Lama?

Now you can claim you called it all along/saw his potential in that position before everyone else. Or admit your joke positively backfired
Season Preview on 00:52 - Dec 23 with 2193 viewsAtThePeake

Season Preview on 16:07 - Aug 3 by DaleiLama

I predict we finish 6th

Tangled up in blue.

Season Preview on 09:02 - Dec 23 with 2084 viewsDaleiLama

Season Preview on 23:43 - Dec 22 by Bendy

Is this prophecy Mr Lama?

Now you can claim you called it all along/saw his potential in that position before everyone else. Or admit your joke positively backfired

I was sent a sign, and as you know, we are told to believe in the sign.

The clue is in the wink! I have always liked JB, however. He gives 100% effort, 100% of the time and squeezes every last bit of talent he has out of himself for the benefit of the team. He doesn't always get it right, but it makes you want him to succeed with that attitude and he's a great example to younger players and those who "coast" some of the time.

Still sticking with my prediction of 6th. Don't look downwards or backwards, look forwards and upwards!

A peaceful Christmas and Happy New Year to all Dale fans from Tibet.

Season Preview on 13:24 - Dec 23 with 1982 viewsD_Alien

Season Preview on 09:02 - Dec 23 by DaleiLama

I was sent a sign, and as you know, we are told to believe in the sign.

The clue is in the wink! I have always liked JB, however. He gives 100% effort, 100% of the time and squeezes every last bit of talent he has out of himself for the benefit of the team. He doesn't always get it right, but it makes you want him to succeed with that attitude and he's a great example to younger players and those who "coast" some of the time.

Still sticking with my prediction of 6th. Don't look downwards or backwards, look forwards and upwards!

A peaceful Christmas and Happy New Year to all Dale fans from Tibet.

Hope you've taken your ale supplies with you to the far reaches of your kingdom!

Totally agree about JB. I've been critical of his play when playing up front, and rightly so, but we can now see that wasn't his bag and he's been outstanding in his new role, whilst still learning the ropes. And as you say, never gives less than 100%

Have a great Christmas and New Year too, hope your parents are both well enough to enjoy the festivities.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Preview on 16:14 - Dec 23 with 1872 viewsDaleiLama

Season Preview on 13:24 - Dec 23 by D_Alien

Hope you've taken your ale supplies with you to the far reaches of your kingdom!

Totally agree about JB. I've been critical of his play when playing up front, and rightly so, but we can now see that wasn't his bag and he's been outstanding in his new role, whilst still learning the ropes. And as you say, never gives less than 100%

Have a great Christmas and New Year too, hope your parents are both well enough to enjoy the festivities.

The bottle conditioned ones aren't too happy in this heat, so better sup them sharpish. Hope your supplies survive your even greater interstellar trip home to reunite with your alien family!

Thanks for your best wishes - we'll make the best fist of it we can and have a few scoops along the way. Merry Christmas and New Year to you and yours too and all other Dale fans on here!
[Post edited 23 Dec 2016 16:19]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024