Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Years of utter ineptitude 13:02 - Nov 6 with 5723 viewscalHoop

Sack the manager, change the team, do what you want. The biggest problem at the football club is still here - Tony F.

After taking over, his first tweet as chairman I think was something along the lines of "so QPR fans, who should we buy?" and he then set about re-tweeting any and every suggestion that came in. The alarm bells rang immediately. A couple of days after that we spunked around 250k per week on some of the worst signings in the clubs history.

Then the sacking of Warnock and a summer transfer window that made us the laughing stock of football. Millions wasted, no strategy, no plan. Utter madness.

Bringing wheeler dealer Arry in, who presided over a 12.5 million and 125k a week centre half in his first transfer window and Federico Macheda.

Giving Redknapp another year after the play off win, the same Redknapp who said he'd spent the last 10 minutes of that match deciding which golf club to become a member of the next season.

Sacking Arry, finding his dream manager then deciding that someone called Chris Ramsay was the best person for the job after a one game "Redknapp gone" bounce at Sunderland.

Sticking with Ramsay after an awful run to relegation, then sacking him, after deciding that mid-table mediocrity with a mediocre mid table side wasn't good enough.

On to now, for me Hasselbaink was a good appointment but it's gone wrong again. I think JFH needed some experienced help on the coaching side. He inherited a well oiled machine at Burton, where the cogs needed turning. Here it was very different, and if the McLaren rumours were true a few months ago, it's a shame it didn't work out.

The sooner Tony goes the better. Yes, his heart may be in the right place but his head is up his arse. I can't think of a club that's been run as badly for so long. You can talk about Blackburn and Leeds, it's close, but I think we nick it on the fact that hundreds of millions of pounds have been wasted. Thank god for Les off the pitch, who I think has helped turn us slightly back to where we should be.

I don't think we'll appoint Sherwood, as there are too many people against it. We'll probably finally get his dream manager, as long as he's here though I can't see anything changing.

I just really hope we pick someone who has a clear way of playing and an attacking strategy. There are plenty out there. Southampton have found a few, so have Fulham and Brentford even! But, we haven't had a process on any manager picked, which brings me back to my original point.

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:55 - Nov 7 with 1070 viewsCroydonCaptJack

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:52 - Nov 7 by PlanetHonneywood

I'll say this, you're right and he's probably a nice chap and all that.

Good to his mum at Christmas and prepared to drop a few quid to charideee etc. but when it comes to mistakes, how big do they have to be before people think, but as a chairman he's just not cut the mustard?

And why us, how come ever since Jim Gregory sold up, we've ended up with a list of clowns, crooks, charlatans and assorted fukwits?

Couldn't make this up if you tried selling it to Hollywood as a true story!!!!!!!!!

I am not saying he has been any good mate, just that I find it hard to diislike him.
5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:58 - Nov 7 with 1063 viewscalHoop

Good to his mum at Christmas and prepared to drop a few quid to charideee etc. but when it comes to mistakes, how big do they have to be before people think, but as a chairman he's just not cut the mustard?

And why us, how come ever since Jim Gregory sold up, we've ended up with a list of clowns, crooks, charlatans and assorted fukwits?

Couldn't make this up if you tried selling it to Hollywood as a true story!!!!!!!!!

Bang on.

Clear from all the responses that everything thinks he's a jolly nice bloke. I'm sure he is and well intentioned and good to his friends. But, some of the decisions made are beyond belief. The social media outpourings a constant embarrassment.

Constant promises of lessons being learnt, mistakes making us stronger, a training ground, a new stadium. The latter 2 I don't really care too much about, I might add.

We needed Flavio to disappear and allow Amit the reins, what a difference those 6 months made. We need something similar to happen again. Perhaps Les and Lee are the first steps in this, but as long as this guy is involved in active decision making, the same mistakes will keep happening again and again.
5 Years of utter ineptitude on 14:02 - Nov 7 with 1052 viewsNW5Hoop

People often talk about how Fernandes got done over by Hughes and Joorabchian. And, yes, he did.

But he's meant to be a brilliant businessman. It's HIS OWN FAULT he got done over by them. If he were halfway competent, he wouldn't have been.
5 Years of utter ineptitude on 14:08 - Nov 7 with 1033 viewsJuzzie

"And why us, how come ever since Jim Gregory sold up, we've ended up with a list of clowns, crooks, charlatans and assorted fukwits? "

Because where there's money (and there wasn't really in JG's days) there are any number of clowns, crooks, charlatans and assorted fukwits trying to make themselves rich out of it.
5 Years of utter ineptitude on 14:17 - Nov 7 with 1026 viewsAntti_Heinola

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 14:28 - Nov 6 by actonman

Of all the decisions made and tbf were made with the best intentions, the worst and biggest balls up was the redknap / Ramsey transition. I truly believe had we got rid and got someone in who knew what they where doing, we would have at least made a fist of staying up. Ramsey was a cop out and we basically gave up our premier league place.

No, the worst was hiring Redknapp, second worst was not firing him when we went down. He inherited a side with loads more time than Ramsey, and which he then lavished more money on than any QPR manager in history and still went down with games to spare. Redknapp then further ran us into the ground and we're only just recovering from that. No manager on earth would have kept that side up - they were gone and Redknapp knew it, or he wouldn't have quit.
But it could be far, far worse than TF and at the moment I think we're being run relatively well by QPR standards. But it takes a long, lon time to turn a tanker like this around and there will be loads of setbacks along the way.

Bare bones.

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 14:27 - Nov 7 with 1003 viewsloftus77

To answer the topic, I would say it boils down to 20 years of utter ineptitude not 5.

As I’ve posted before, I think all our woes go back to relegation in 1996; I don’t think we’ve ever really recovered from that disaster on, or particularly off, the pitch.

Its just been a succession of regimes papering over cracks. We were relegated at the worst possible time in 96 just as the Prem was getting going. Football was going one way; we went the other.

Ironically, the main reason for that relegation was the on-field loss of our present DOF —I always feel that Sir Les is back here because he kind of knows that and wants to repay the club. Good on him, if that is the case.
5 Years of utter ineptitude on 15:03 - Nov 7 with 959 viewsFrankieFiveAngels

I'm with Antti and JH re Tony Fernandes - a man whose ineptitude, weakness and ego has made him as damaging to QPR as Gianni Paladini. Yes, Paladini, Briatore et al were like Bond villains and were almost open in their contempt for the fans and legacy of our club, but TF's need to be loved has been just as destructive.

The need to tell us his feelings on Twitter, his inability to keep his mouth shut, double page spreads in the Standard, his "I'm a QPR fan" bullsh*t - no you're not Tony, you're West Ham, all these grate.More than any of these, it's his decisions that have left us where we are. His whole approach, season after season has been that of a degenerate gambler with 'shit or bust' mentality. This from a man who said he didn't have a Plan B if we got relegated.

I had more pride in my club when we had f*ck all money but players and a manager who cared and knew about and respected what QPR means to its fans. TF has changed our club into something else and it's a mirror image of himself - take a long, hard look at it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024