Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flogging a dead horse 20:39 - Nov 12 with 9795 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Collection only

Beautiful bay gelding, no scratches on face, couple dings around the hocks, some wear and tear around the saddle area commensurate with age. Please note, this is a GELDING. Please do not ask for a refund or leave neg comments if you expect a large horse penis. Thank you and happy bidding!
Flogging a dead horse on 09:15 - Nov 13 with 2714 viewsjohncharles

Flogging a dead horse on 22:15 - Nov 12 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Sexist bigot!

Lester Piggott

Strong and stable my arse.

Flogging a dead horse on 13:43 - Nov 13 with 2630 viewsloftboy

What happened to the other thread?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Flogging a dead horse on 13:53 - Nov 13 with 2624 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Flogging a dead horse on 13:43 - Nov 13 by loftboy

Far too contentious for a footy forum.
Flogging a dead horse on 14:16 - Nov 13 with 2612 viewsconnell10

Flogging a dead horse on 22:20 - Nov 12 by Stanisgod

If your gonna do non rangers related threads I'm going to flounce off. THIS is supposed to be FOOTBALL forum , dontcha know

Is it???? For f ucks sake thats where ive been going wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Flogging a dead horse on 15:03 - Nov 13 with 2594 viewsE17hoop

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Flogging a dead horse on 15:21 - Nov 13 with 2579 viewsderbyhoop

I'm into flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality. Am I flogging a dead horse?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Flogging a dead horse on 17:30 - Nov 13 with 2525 viewsPunteR

Flogging a dead horse on 13:43 - Nov 13 by loftboy

Not 100% sure, I wasn't given any reason, it just got deleted. I guess it was the tone of the thread which was partly my fault because of the title. Bit of mud slinging thereafter.
It could have been the subject matter.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Flogging a dead horse on 17:49 - Nov 13 with 2514 viewsNorthernr

Flogging a dead horse on 17:30 - Nov 13 by PunteR

Not 100% sure, I wasn't given any reason, it just got deleted. I guess it was the tone of the thread which was partly my fault because of the title. Bit of mud slinging thereafter.
It could have been the subject matter.

It was deleted for 3 reasons:

1 - it had developed into a massive unpleasant row. Threads that do that usually get pulled because even if people do want to sit through a dickswinging contest, I don't want to moderate it.

2 - it doesn't reflect well on the site, or the board, or me, or you lot, that the most popular thread running to pages and pages at the top of the board is about travellers or muslims or refugees or whatever. Other QPR message boards are available where they don't mind that, please feel free to use them. I don't delete all of them by any means, and I certainly don't want a football only board, or a board split into different subject matters, but equally I don't want to put my name to the Daily Mail comments section in message board form.

3 - after 11 years of running this site I'm absolutely sick of it. Hate it, at times, in fact. So if, on a rare weekend off, I'm sitting in a nice restaurant with my family and my phone starts to buzz in my pocket, and keeps buzzing, and doesn't stop buzzing because ppl keep hitting the 'report' button on a thread what am I going to do? Excuse myself from the table, go through it post by post judging what is and isn't acceptable, delete a dozen individual posts, ask ppl to calm down etc etc? Or just press one button, delete the thing, and get back to my dinner? For years I would have done the former. But I'm not wasting my time on this bullsht any more. Really sorry that this has deprived you all of your vitally fcking important discussion about gypsies but there it is.

Incidentally if anybody else fancies running this fcking thing next season let me know, you too can be rewarded with less than minimum wage and Sunday nights dealing with fcking bullsht like this.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Flogging a dead horse on 18:11 - Nov 13 with 2476 viewsBrightonhoop

Flogging a dead horse on 17:49 - Nov 13 by Northernr

It was deleted for 3 reasons:

1 - it had developed into a massive unpleasant row. Threads that do that usually get pulled because even if people do want to sit through a dickswinging contest, I don't want to moderate it.

2 - it doesn't reflect well on the site, or the board, or me, or you lot, that the most popular thread running to pages and pages at the top of the board is about travellers or muslims or refugees or whatever. Other QPR message boards are available where they don't mind that, please feel free to use them. I don't delete all of them by any means, and I certainly don't want a football only board, or a board split into different subject matters, but equally I don't want to put my name to the Daily Mail comments section in message board form.

3 - after 11 years of running this site I'm absolutely sick of it. Hate it, at times, in fact. So if, on a rare weekend off, I'm sitting in a nice restaurant with my family and my phone starts to buzz in my pocket, and keeps buzzing, and doesn't stop buzzing because ppl keep hitting the 'report' button on a thread what am I going to do? Excuse myself from the table, go through it post by post judging what is and isn't acceptable, delete a dozen individual posts, ask ppl to calm down etc etc? Or just press one button, delete the thing, and get back to my dinner? For years I would have done the former. But I'm not wasting my time on this bullsht any more. Really sorry that this has deprived you all of your vitally fcking important discussion about gypsies but there it is.

Incidentally if anybody else fancies running this fcking thing next season let me know, you too can be rewarded with less than minimum wage and Sunday nights dealing with fcking bullsht like this.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Well said Clive.God only knows why you still run it. Though it's still the best.

I would stay but there's gypos in braknell over running my right to buy the daily mail. It's most important. Bracknell house market fell about 20% last night. Well done lads. Not a whiff of chelsea..

No idea why you continue, but cap doffed, And a pat on the back if you delete the whole site.

I've got a book on Steve's missus who cant wait for a few family days at Xmas. Odds on she's looking forwards to 2017 and him getting his joyful self out of the fcking house again.....

The reports are better than the comments, for solace. Sad times. Always followed by better times.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2016 18:15]
Flogging a dead horse on 18:31 - Nov 13 with 2450 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

I hear stroking a dead horse has ancient and calming zen like properties.... £10 to you as you're so pish poor.
Flogging a dead horse on 18:48 - Nov 13 with 2411 viewsNorthernr

Flogging a dead horse on 18:31 - Nov 13 by Hoop_Du_Jour

I hear stroking a dead horse has ancient and calming zen like properties.... £10 to you as you're so pish poor.

Straight to video.
Flogging a dead horse on 19:22 - Nov 13 with 2350 viewsCiderwithRsie

I've "liked" Clive's post, not because I like hearing that he's hacked off with running the site, but because I agree with every word of it.

I used to participate in a lot of the political threads but sometime during the Brexit one I bailed on them; they used to be interesting discussions with people who completely disagreed with me but had interesting things to say, but it seems that many have stopped listening to the other side.

It wouldn't be so bad if half the football discussions weren't similar trench warfare about the manager. I'm hoping that a bit of sweetness and light will descend on the latter, at least.
Flogging a dead horse on 19:51 - Nov 13 with 2301 viewsjohncharles

Just thought I'd say THANKS for running this site Clive.
Err, that's it
[Post edited 13 Nov 2016 20:03]

Flogging a dead horse on 19:59 - Nov 13 with 2282 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Flogging a dead horse on 19:51 - Nov 13 by johncharles

Just thought I'd say THANKS for running this site Clive.
Err, that's it
[Post edited 13 Nov 2016 20:03]

Say what???

I'm up for running this site?

Or well done for running this site?
Flogging a dead horse on 20:06 - Nov 13 with 2277 viewsjohncharles

Flogging a dead horse on 19:59 - Nov 13 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Say what???

I'm up for running this site?

Or well done for running this site?

Jesus H Christ, I've just had to go back and put it capitals because you can't use a bit of guess work.
I feel like I'm flogging a dead hearse

Flogging a dead horse on 20:15 - Nov 13 with 2006 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Flogging a dead horse on 20:06 - Nov 13 by johncharles

Jesus H Christ, I've just had to go back and put it capitals because you can't use a bit of guess work.

Jeez, I only asked...
Flogging a dead horse on 20:29 - Nov 13 with 1989 viewsjohncharles

Flogging a dead horse on 20:15 - Nov 13 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Jeez, I only asked...

What do you think this is, University Challenge ?

Flogging a dead horse on 20:31 - Nov 13 with 1983 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Flogging a dead horse on 20:29 - Nov 13 by johncharles

What do you think this is, University Challenge ?

I'm universally challenged
Flogging a dead horse on 23:25 - Nov 13 with 1836 viewsloftinoz

Flogging a dead horse on 20:06 - Nov 13 by johncharles

I would have said there is a difference between a dead hearse and a dead horse.
Flogging a dead horse on 23:44 - Nov 13 with 1813 viewskensalriser

Flogging a dead horse on 23:25 - Nov 13 by loftinoz

Dead hearse? I know some blokes from around Bracknell way who'll take that off your hands for a monkey.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Flogging a dead horse on 23:49 - Nov 13 with 1804 viewsMoonshineSteve

A dead monkey?

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Flogging a dead horse on 09:00 - Nov 14 with 1699 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Flogging a dead horse on 23:25 - Nov 13 by loftinoz

There was a link here once for unusual places to find retired hearses with pics. Can anyone remember the site? Some real gems of those big old Yank ones.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Flogging a dead horse on 11:22 - Nov 14 with 1618 viewsjohncharles

Would you Adam and Eve it. Been away for a couple of days, get back and some buggers flogged me dead horse.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024