Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anti-Debt Club In Debt 08:54 - Nov 26 with 4832 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

It looks like having a new ground hasn't helped FC United to much.

The anti debt club look to secure an overdraft to help pay mounting debts.

Crowds drop by over 700 (are you watching Mr Day).

Slowly but surely the club have compromised what it initially stood for and has just become another football club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38115196

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 09:36 - Nov 26 with 4760 viewsjudd

Horrible club

Poll: What is it to be then?

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 09:47 - Nov 26 with 4734 viewsScunnydale

They'll all trundle back to Old Trafford now they're doing alright again.

Scrotes, the lot of 'em.
Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 10:59 - Nov 26 with 4613 viewsDaley_Lama

Had a really nice afternoon when we played them pre-season myself, didn't meet one single scrote.

Poll: DF in or out

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 12:35 - Nov 26 with 4484 viewsrod_leach

A bloke I know, who has been there from the start, was telling me last season that a lot of money could not be accounted for (£100,000s). I wonder if anything will ever come out about that. Sounded like they just weren't set up to cope with running their own ground.
Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 12:36 - Nov 26 with 4482 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

I suppose the worrying thing is that across all sports going to watch events 'live' is becoming a thing of the past.

Football attendances outside the Premiership are declining.

Test match crowds dwindling which has virtually bust Durham.

Germany and Malaysia pulling out of staging Grand Prix due to it not being cost effective.

Sky has brought unbelievable money into the game, but on the other hand is it also killing it off?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 12:55 - Nov 26 with 4437 viewsSwissdale

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 12:36 - Nov 26 by SteTsGoldenBoot

I suppose the worrying thing is that across all sports going to watch events 'live' is becoming a thing of the past.

Football attendances outside the Premiership are declining.

Test match crowds dwindling which has virtually bust Durham.

Germany and Malaysia pulling out of staging Grand Prix due to it not being cost effective.

Sky has brought unbelievable money into the game, but on the other hand is it also killing it off?

I too am worried about what seems to be an emerging trend, it's not just limited to sports, town centres (for both shopping and drinking) have suffered from the same lack of footfall.

The power of technology to keep us in our homes is frightening.
Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 13:09 - Nov 26 with 4413 views1mark1

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 12:55 - Nov 26 by Swissdale

I too am worried about what seems to be an emerging trend, it's not just limited to sports, town centres (for both shopping and drinking) have suffered from the same lack of footfall.

The power of technology to keep us in our homes is frightening.

Many people have less disposable income, due to the problem of low wages. If sporting venues, pubs, etc want more customers they will have to cut their prices, as well as making their venues more customer friendly, including cleaning their toilets etc.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 13:13 - Nov 26 with 4398 viewsScunnydale

It seems to be affecting most areas of entertainment these days. I was surprised to recently hear that a good music venue in York has closed.

I reckon there are many factors. Disposable income as Mark says is a huge influence, but the centralisation of the entertainment industry must take some blame as well. As far as gigs go, even living over this side, I find myself having to go to Sheffield, Leeds or, usually, Manchester.

I know football's different, but the megaclubs created by Sky's money are sucking fans and young players from smaller regional clubs like ours and many others.
Login to get fewer ads

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 13:19 - Nov 26 with 4376 views1mark1

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 13:13 - Nov 26 by Scunnydale

It seems to be affecting most areas of entertainment these days. I was surprised to recently hear that a good music venue in York has closed.

I reckon there are many factors. Disposable income as Mark says is a huge influence, but the centralisation of the entertainment industry must take some blame as well. As far as gigs go, even living over this side, I find myself having to go to Sheffield, Leeds or, usually, Manchester.

I know football's different, but the megaclubs created by Sky's money are sucking fans and young players from smaller regional clubs like ours and many others.

The point you make about the big clubs is interesting. Are they getting more supporters, at the expense of clubs like ours, or is it not just the case that overall that crowds are down on say 30 years back overall? How many Dale fans go to watch a big team rather than Dale? IF I am going to attend a football match, it will be Dale, not another team.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 13:40 - Nov 26 with 4343 views49thseason

You also have to factor in things like business rates, VAT at 20%, car fuel tax, insurance premium tax and a whole host of other "costs" that clubs have to find the money for from the humble punter whose wages have not seen any real increases for years

Too many businesses have passed these costs on to the paying public. the resulting price of admission has been too much for too many. Three home games in a week is a nonsense that the FA and Football league need to sort out quickly. Something has to give and reducing the number of pointless competitions would be a good start.
Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 13:48 - Nov 26 with 4326 viewsNigeriamark

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 13:09 - Nov 26 by 1mark1

Many people have less disposable income, due to the problem of low wages. If sporting venues, pubs, etc want more customers they will have to cut their prices, as well as making their venues more customer friendly, including cleaning their toilets etc.

Might also be due to the fact there is more to spend your money on nowadays compared to 30 years ago. More mega-cinemas, other sports becoming popular, video games that kids today would prefer even if they have the money etc etc. So there could be a similar amount of money knocking around but also more choices chipping away at the older "traditional" ways to spend it
Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 13:54 - Nov 26 with 4310 viewsD_Alien

Another side of this same coin is the Wetherspoons chain

Now I like Wetherspoons, been in dozens of them and appreciate the value for money and being able to hold a conversation without being drowned out by someone's idea of music, but... they're slowly but surely crowding out all but the most efficient and customer-friendly pubs. Could be argued that they've helped raise standards in the hostelry industry by forcing pubs to create better environments and in particular, introducing cask ales across the board, but I've recently noticed a drop in standards in Wetherspoons and it's becoming 'take it or leave it' - like Sky, like mega-venues & mega-cinemas and the monopoly of the premier league in financial clout. Makes our own acheivements at Dale more fantastic than ever

Was in London the week before last and they're starting to close Wetherspoons down there, but still opening them at a crazy rate elsewhere

[Post edited 26 Nov 2016 13:58]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 14:42 - Nov 26 with 4239 viewsTipperaryDale

The biggest rises in the football clubs' costs have been players wages, policing costs, and stadium costs. I believe we are seeing a much better standard of football throughout the leagues, with much better stadiums and with safer environments for everyone. Unfortunately we have to pay for these things. The Sky money has pushed wages for players up massively, way past inflation, while the Taylor report did for the other two factors. The paradox now is that, per person, we are paying the same for our football experience in League One as in the Prem in many cases. A lot of the costs are fixed, and don't scale downwards as you go down the leagues. In the long term more clubs will become like ours - primarily driven by transfer fees, and only supplemented by supporter income.

Don't buy the idea that there's more entertainment choice, so less people coming to games. If that were the case cinema attendances, theatres etc would be way down. They're up. The biggest factor in my view is cost - £22 is way too much, in many cases dearer than Bundesliga or Serie A games, but the club don't have much leeway in this.
Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 15:00 - Nov 26 with 4176 viewsSwissdale

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 14:42 - Nov 26 by TipperaryDale

The biggest rises in the football clubs' costs have been players wages, policing costs, and stadium costs. I believe we are seeing a much better standard of football throughout the leagues, with much better stadiums and with safer environments for everyone. Unfortunately we have to pay for these things. The Sky money has pushed wages for players up massively, way past inflation, while the Taylor report did for the other two factors. The paradox now is that, per person, we are paying the same for our football experience in League One as in the Prem in many cases. A lot of the costs are fixed, and don't scale downwards as you go down the leagues. In the long term more clubs will become like ours - primarily driven by transfer fees, and only supplemented by supporter income.

Don't buy the idea that there's more entertainment choice, so less people coming to games. If that were the case cinema attendances, theatres etc would be way down. They're up. The biggest factor in my view is cost - £22 is way too much, in many cases dearer than Bundesliga or Serie A games, but the club don't have much leeway in this.

I think the only way we'll find out at Dale is if we cut season ticket prices, and pay on the day prices significantly. Really hope the club get some big money from say, a Hogan transfer this Janurary so they can try it next season.
Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 15:10 - Nov 26 with 4145 views442Dale

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 15:00 - Nov 26 by Swissdale

I think the only way we'll find out at Dale is if we cut season ticket prices, and pay on the day prices significantly. Really hope the club get some big money from say, a Hogan transfer this Janurary so they can try it next season.

The profit made last season and the rise in payments from the FL/FA mean the loss in income from reducing prices could be covered elsewhere. The £100 half ST indicate we are prepared to try this.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 00:04 - Nov 28 with 3679 viewsolympicdale

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 09:36 - Nov 26 by judd

Horrible club

I think "club" is a bit much tbh

Life is a game of fate.

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 11:01 - Nov 28 with 3507 viewsYadHoDale

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 13:54 - Nov 26 by D_Alien

Another side of this same coin is the Wetherspoons chain

Now I like Wetherspoons, been in dozens of them and appreciate the value for money and being able to hold a conversation without being drowned out by someone's idea of music, but... they're slowly but surely crowding out all but the most efficient and customer-friendly pubs. Could be argued that they've helped raise standards in the hostelry industry by forcing pubs to create better environments and in particular, introducing cask ales across the board, but I've recently noticed a drop in standards in Wetherspoons and it's becoming 'take it or leave it' - like Sky, like mega-venues & mega-cinemas and the monopoly of the premier league in financial clout. Makes our own acheivements at Dale more fantastic than ever

Was in London the week before last and they're starting to close Wetherspoons down there, but still opening them at a crazy rate elsewhere

[Post edited 26 Nov 2016 13:58]

Great post.

I like Wetheespoons for the food, reasonable quality and reasonable choice at a reasonable price.. This standard seems to be universal across the chain.

Beer quality, however, isn't! Seems to be better in the smaller ones for some reason. I've had excellent pints in Westhoughton, Eccles and Inverness recently, but have given up on buying alcohol in the.Rochdale, Bury or any of the Manchester.branches.
Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 11:48 - Nov 28 with 3466 viewsD_Alien

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 11:01 - Nov 28 by YadHoDale

Great post.

I like Wetheespoons for the food, reasonable quality and reasonable choice at a reasonable price.. This standard seems to be universal across the chain.

Beer quality, however, isn't! Seems to be better in the smaller ones for some reason. I've had excellent pints in Westhoughton, Eccles and Inverness recently, but have given up on buying alcohol in the.Rochdale, Bury or any of the Manchester.branches.

Aye, their steak & kidney pudding, chips, peas and gravy goes down a treat this time of year. At two meals for £7.99 it's a steal, i add curry sauce for an extra 95p

Nowt to do with anti-debt clubs really, but it doesn't break your own piggy bank

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 12:12 - Nov 28 with 3435 viewsParkinsGimp

Anti-Debt Club In Debt on 09:36 - Nov 26 by judd

Horrible club

Agree and horrible fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024