Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darran Planet Swans 24/7 10:37 - Jan 8 with 23789 viewsplanetswansadmin

[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 22:01]
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:33 - Jan 8 with 3262 viewsTheResurrection

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:25 - Jan 8 by TheFranchise

Wow, I think this is the first time I've ever agreed with you fully on a post.

Now don't let it happen again :)

I've edited it...!! ;-)

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:38 - Jan 8 with 3252 viewsTheResurrection

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:27 - Jan 8 by max936

My opinion that we need leaders in the team Carroll doesn't strike me as a leader, we need a dogged midfielder ideally that should be at DM or CM we may need a CM as well, but a quality DM might cover us, at CB Mawson could well turn out to be a leader, but I don't think he's ready so we need a leader there as well and I'm notsure we've got one,

If we got Carroll I would doubt he'd be the only addition in midfield.

But he'd be an upgrade on Ki for one so maybe he is going to China?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:38 - Jan 8 with 3248 viewsjasper_T

Dismissing tidy footballers because they aren't big strong battlers is such a lower league mentality it hurts.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:41 - Jan 8 with 3228 viewsMurph75

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:38 - Jan 8 by jasper_T

Dismissing tidy footballers because they aren't big strong battlers is such a lower league mentality it hurts.

You've missed the point. He's exactly the same as we already have. Which clearly isnt working for us at the minute being second from bottom and all that.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:47 - Jan 8 with 3200 viewsjasper_T

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:41 - Jan 8 by Murph75

You've missed the point. He's exactly the same as we already have. Which clearly isnt working for us at the minute being second from bottom and all that.

I haven't missed anything. i agree that Carroll doesn't improve us.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:47 - Jan 8 with 3198 viewsJackSkellington

Yeah Youtube videos, I know, but this does showcase just what a skillful, creative player he's become. Given the problems we've been having with lack of creativity and losing possession too easily, he could be one element in what we're missing to get our style right again. Wouldn't say no.

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:48 - Jan 8 with 3193 viewsTheResurrection

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:38 - Jan 8 by jasper_T

The same people that laud Leon Britton.

Not many give two hoots about being fair on this forum as long as they're making noise....

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:49 - Jan 8 with 3186 viewsFlashberryjack

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:13 - Jan 8 by TheResurrection

He played 27 times for Spurs last season in all competitions. And that in a season they really should have won the Premier League.

I also thought it was widely acknowledged on here that it would be difficult to attract players due to our league position so why are some of you picking on unsubstantiated claims and blaming anyone for this.

Be realistic about things for a change.

I'm sure a lot of average players would look good in the Spurs team, Carroll wouldn't/didn't in ours.

You may think you know more than everyone else about football on this site, your thoughts on Carroll prove you don't.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:50 - Jan 8 with 3187 viewsTheFranchise

we're crying out for a younger Leon, perhaps this is him.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:50 - Jan 8 with 3186 viewsMurph75

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:47 - Jan 8 by jasper_T

I haven't missed anything. i agree that Carroll doesn't improve us.

People aren't purely dismissing him because of his stature etc. They're dismissing the transfer purely based on the fact that he offers us nothing different.

That's the point you've missed.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:51 - Jan 8 with 3173 viewsZut_Alors

Might be in the minority here, but I think he'd be a good signing. He's better than Ki or Fer in the box to box role and our win percentage in games he played in was very high. It's not a popular thing to say either, but if we went down, he'd be a good asset in the Championship.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:58 - Jan 8 with 3141 viewsLoyal

Clement stated he wants to sign better than we have.

So is Carroll better than Fulton ? Ki ? Fer ? Gylfi ?

I'm not so sure.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:59 - Jan 8 with 3136 views34dfgdf54

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:58 - Jan 8 by Loyal

I'm not so sure.

It's another Huw signing all day long. Shocker.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 12:00 - Jan 8 with 3126 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:27 - Jan 8 by max936

My opinion that we need leaders in the team Carroll doesn't strike me as a leader, we need a dogged midfielder ideally that should be at DM or CM we may need a CM as well, but a quality DM might cover us, at CB Mawson could well turn out to be a leader, but I don't think he's ready so we need a leader there as well and I'm notsure we've got one,

The trouble is, what we need and what we can realistically get are very different things. Are we prepared to pay for what we need and if we are do we have the expertise to recognise and acquire it?

Look at Newcastle a year ago. How we laughed when they threw money at it and failed. A very big club who, in order to attract players had to pay over the odds, offer ridiculous wages with no relegation clauses and agree to release clauses. Townsend used his release clause whilst Shelvey was happy to continue to pick up this 80K a week in a league in which he looks a decent player.

We have to hope that Clement has a say in recruitment and can blend an average group into a team that's greater than the sum of its parts. It's a massive ask.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 12:01 - Jan 8 with 3120 viewsMurph75

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:51 - Jan 8 by Zut_Alors

Might be in the minority here, but I think he'd be a good signing. He's better than Ki or Fer in the box to box role and our win percentage in games he played in was very high. It's not a popular thing to say either, but if we went down, he'd be a good asset in the Championship.

Maybe he would be a good signing if he was exactly what we already have.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 12:01 - Jan 8 with 1507 viewstomdickharry

Creative left sided player which would mean Siggy would no longer populate that area of the pitch where he is most uncomfortable. Tidy signing if it happens.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 12:02 - Jan 8 with 1499 viewsMurph75

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 12:01 - Jan 8 by tomdickharry

Creative left sided player which would mean Siggy would no longer populate that area of the pitch where he is most uncomfortable. Tidy signing if it happens.

Inst Carroll best deployed in the centre of midfield?
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 12:06 - Jan 8 with 1477 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He's a good player
Had a decent season with a very good spurs team last season .

I don't know , yes we could do with him ,but he's not what we really need at the moment , unless players are shipped out .

And finally

Why would he come here 😄

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 12:07 - Jan 8 with 1467 viewsTheResurrection

I'm not so sure.

Yes he is actually better than anything we've already got, unfortunately.

Flash, we'll see...

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 12:08 - Jan 8 with 1459 viewsTheFranchise

If he can offer us what Leon offers, he could be the anchor to out midfield for 10 years. This is a good signing over the longer term.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 12:08 - Jan 8 with 1458 viewsdobjack2

Not the answer to either our defensive midfielder or our creativity from wide positions.

In my opinion would be challenging ki and Fulton for a starting role so unless ki is off I don't get this one.

Tidy player but hardly the most pressing of our requirements. Ok if we had bought what was needed in the summer but we didn't and our needs then - replacing ash Ayew Leon Taylor and routledge are still desperate. Add in now that baston doesn't fit in with any way that we are trying to play and this transfer should be way down the list.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 12:10 - Jan 8 with 1428 viewsTheResurrection

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 12:02 - Jan 8 by Murph75

Inst Carroll best deployed in the centre of midfield?

He's a proper leftie so could operate on that side easily.

I'd have him in Siggy's number 10 slot though. I'm sure he can take a free kick.

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 12:16 - Jan 8 with 1397 viewsMurph75

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 12:10 - Jan 8 by TheResurrection

He's a proper leftie so could operate on that side easily.

I'd have him in Siggy's number 10 slot though. I'm sure he can take a free kick.

I'm not sold on this. If he were to come then I'd expect to see someone leave.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 12:16 - Jan 8 with 1397 viewsmonmouth

1) players change a lot in two years
2) we need players that can control a football and pass
3) we need people that know what a winning environment looks like
4) we need players that will join us!
5) some will surely be leaving or not playing regularly..Ki...Cork...Britton? Need a dependable non-flashy midfielder.

If we were mid table we could look for better. We're not. This would be fine as long as it's not the be and end all.

6) if and only if Clement wants him.

If we are going to decide who to buy on here that is exactly what people are accusing Jenkins of. Thinking they know better than our 'new improved' process.

Relax and enjoy the ride. We've played our last card with Clement and the Yanks knowing Jenkins better. There's no point in being neurotic, whatever we do between now and February 1st. If Clement can't improve teamwork and tactics, and get better defensive quality, we're stuffed anyway.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 12:17 - Jan 8 with 1393 viewsKilkennyjack

I'm not so sure.

I am not sure either.

But no way Fulton would play for Spurs. He does not have enough of a go forward game.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024