Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation creeping up 16:49 - Apr 14 with 29760 viewscoolranger

Carry on like this and we might just get sucked down.

Now seven points clear with five games left. Stranger things have happened.

Could come down to the last day now. Norwich away.

CR/
Relegation creeping up on 12:05 - Apr 18 with 2866 viewsJamesB1979

This was team against Leeds that did rather well in a 0-0 against a decent side.

Smithies, Furlong, Onuoha, Lynch, Bidwell, Freeman, Hall, Luongo, Wszolek, Smith, Washington.

Hindsight and all that but I also think it tends to work in football ie. if you are going to make changes, make small ones that don't disrupt too much.

Injuries and experimenting we could have brought Perch in for Hall role (has done it well before) and Goss in for Hall role but keep Freeman and Luongo. Manning for Luongo but not Freeman. Freeman, Ned and Smithies should play every game in my view. Sylla for Smith....Yeni for Connor. Make these changes but only 1-2 at a time. If he likes look of Petrasso play that Leeds side but bring him in and play him for 2-3 games not drag him off after 45 minutes. I don't like the look of Petrasso by the way but I tend to form my opinions on players too quickly. Doughty....exactly the same.
Relegation creeping up on 12:08 - Apr 18 with 2857 viewsPinnerPaul

Relegation creeping up on 12:05 - Apr 18 by JamesB1979

This was team against Leeds that did rather well in a 0-0 against a decent side.

Smithies, Furlong, Onuoha, Lynch, Bidwell, Freeman, Hall, Luongo, Wszolek, Smith, Washington.

Hindsight and all that but I also think it tends to work in football ie. if you are going to make changes, make small ones that don't disrupt too much.

Injuries and experimenting we could have brought Perch in for Hall role (has done it well before) and Goss in for Hall role but keep Freeman and Luongo. Manning for Luongo but not Freeman. Freeman, Ned and Smithies should play every game in my view. Sylla for Smith....Yeni for Connor. Make these changes but only 1-2 at a time. If he likes look of Petrasso play that Leeds side but bring him in and play him for 2-3 games not drag him off after 45 minutes. I don't like the look of Petrasso by the way but I tend to form my opinions on players too quickly. Doughty....exactly the same.

But Ned injured yesterday and as Furlong went off at HT v Bristol City and not in bench yesterday, guessing he is injured as well.
Relegation creeping up on 12:14 - Apr 18 with 2832 viewsJamesB1979

Relegation creeping up on 12:08 - Apr 18 by PinnerPaul

But Ned injured yesterday and as Furlong went off at HT v Bristol City and not in bench yesterday, guessing he is injured as well.

yeah but I don't think you can look at yesterday in isolation given 4 game losing streak before that. Games (starting with Derby), we should have taken that Leeds side and just made minor tweaks. So Luongo swap with Manning would have been one change.
Relegation creeping up on 12:21 - Apr 18 with 2812 viewsQPR_John

Relegation creeping up on 08:50 - Apr 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I thought you did not live in the past

I asked you about this year and yet again you fail to answer.

I'll assume by this year you mean this season.

Why I have not praised him - I did not see a reason too what has he done that you feel the need to praise him.

Points per game has dropped from 1.25 to 1.11
He has increased the win ration from 31.25% to 33.33% but in doing so the lose ratio has increased from 37.50 to 55.56

The surprising statistics is the goals scored and conceded

goals scored per game 1.0625 1.375
goals conceded 1.1851 1.370

Not a lot of difference maybe explained by the 6 goals conceded at home to Newcastle and the 4 goals scored against Birmingham and 5 against Rotherham

I would argue in the two most important measures points per game and defeats he has failed and kept the status quo for the other measures. Not a record to praise in my opinion but one where at least question should be asked.
Relegation creeping up on 14:27 - Apr 18 with 2683 viewsheadhoops

calm down, calm down, we will get a point against the trees and to make that match just a little bit more special the half time entertainment is going to be 2T2B versus QPRJohn is a no holds barred thumb wrestling competition.

Rotherham, Wigan and either Birmingham or Trees. The mad chicken farmers will make their annual great escape.

Agree Holloway should be experimenting but not going experimental with too many changes in personnel & formations.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Relegation creeping up on 14:31 - Apr 18 with 2670 views2Thomas2Bowles

Relegation creeping up on 14:27 - Apr 18 by headhoops

calm down, calm down, we will get a point against the trees and to make that match just a little bit more special the half time entertainment is going to be 2T2B versus QPRJohn is a no holds barred thumb wrestling competition.

Rotherham, Wigan and either Birmingham or Trees. The mad chicken farmers will make their annual great escape.

Agree Holloway should be experimenting but not going experimental with too many changes in personnel & formations.

Now do you know if I have thumbs or not.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 14:32]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Relegation creeping up on 16:06 - Apr 18 with 2608 viewsheadhoops

Relegation creeping up on 14:31 - Apr 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Now do you know if I have thumbs or not.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 14:32]

just a hunch - was it a lucky guess?

Relegation creeping up on 16:14 - Apr 18 with 2588 views2Thomas2Bowles

Relegation creeping up on 16:06 - Apr 18 by headhoops

just a hunch - was it a lucky guess?

I don't like to talk about it, you know how people can be...

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation creeping up on 16:41 - Apr 18 with 2541 viewsdaveB

Relegation creeping up on 12:14 - Apr 18 by JamesB1979

yeah but I don't think you can look at yesterday in isolation given 4 game losing streak before that. Games (starting with Derby), we should have taken that Leeds side and just made minor tweaks. So Luongo swap with Manning would have been one change.

After the Leeds game he made several changes in the next few games which we won. April always looked a tough month on paper where we'd need points in the bag but all the games have been pretty close and could easily have gone the other way if we had taken our chances
Relegation creeping up on 17:12 - Apr 18 with 2514 viewsheadhoops

Relegation creeping up on 16:14 - Apr 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I don't like to talk about it, you know how people can be...

what all fingers and thumbs?

Relegation creeping up on 17:21 - Apr 18 with 2494 views2Thomas2Bowles

Relegation creeping up on 17:12 - Apr 18 by headhoops

I've never lived in Norwich

Relegation creeping up on 17:23 - Apr 18 with 2492 viewsessextaxiboy

Relegation creeping up on 17:12 - Apr 18 by headhoops

The Norwich game isnt for a few weeks yet
Relegation creeping up on 17:24 - Apr 18 with 2488 viewsessextaxiboy

Relegation creeping up on 17:21 - Apr 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I've never lived in Norwich

bstd nicked my fckin joke ..............
Relegation creeping up on 17:01 - Apr 22 with 2300 viewseghamranger

😱😱😱😱

Shocking results today
Relegation creeping up on 17:05 - Apr 22 with 2245 viewsbosh67

This never should have happened. The team and the management need to take a look at themselves.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Relegation creeping up on 17:07 - Apr 22 with 2221 viewsMatch82

Relegation creeping up on 17:01 - Apr 22 by eghamranger

😱😱😱😱

Shocking results today

Eh, Blackburn only got a point. I don't think we are any more likely to go down than we were 2 hours ago.

Although that's not an excuse for the poor run of results we have been on
Relegation creeping up on 17:17 - Apr 22 with 2142 viewscoolranger

My God when Rangers go on a bad run they really make a good job of it. What's that now six, seven games without a single point?

So now we have a Cup Final against Forest to possibly stay in the Championship. What a shambles.

Watch the Blues go and turn over Villa next.
Relegation creeping up on 17:19 - Apr 22 with 2122 viewsSimonJames

Relegation creeping up on 17:07 - Apr 22 by Match82

Eh, Blackburn only got a point. I don't think we are any more likely to go down than we were 2 hours ago.

If Blackburn (who are now unbeaten in 3 games) beat Villa and we lose to Forest (quite likely), then we could be relying on Brentford to do us a favour in the final game... hope they're looking for some 1967 payback.
Although more likely, is that 'Arry will be adding another relegated club to his managerial cv.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Relegation creeping up on 17:26 - Apr 22 with 2081 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Relegation creeping up on 17:07 - Apr 22 by Match82

The fewer games left that we are still not safe with suggests we should worry more. How the hell has this happened. Terrible results today other than Blackburn. Burton, Bristol and Forest all won
Relegation creeping up on 17:34 - Apr 22 with 2027 viewsR_from_afar

Relegation creeping up on 17:26 - Apr 22 by CroydonCaptJack

The fewer games left that we are still not safe with suggests we should worry more. How the hell has this happened. Terrible results today other than Blackburn. Burton, Bristol and Forest all won

Holloway dropped a massive clanger the week we played Burton then Newcastle. The Burton game was the key one out of those two but he rested players for the other game. Wrong move.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Relegation creeping up on 17:51 - Apr 22 with 1964 viewsMatch82

Relegation creeping up on 17:19 - Apr 22 by SimonJames

If Blackburn (who are now unbeaten in 3 games) beat Villa and we lose to Forest (quite likely), then we could be relying on Brentford to do us a favour in the final game... hope they're looking for some 1967 payback.
Although more likely, is that 'Arry will be adding another relegated club to his managerial cv.

Before today Blackburn needed two wins and a draw from three games. Now they need two wins from two games.
Relegation creeping up on 18:47 - Apr 22 with 1865 viewsSimonJames

Relegation creeping up on 17:51 - Apr 22 by Match82

Before today Blackburn needed two wins and a draw from three games. Now they need two wins from two games.

It's very unlikely, owing to their even worse ability than ours to score goals, but stranger things have happened.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Relegation creeping up on 19:02 - Apr 22 with 1831 viewsstuabd

Relegation creeping up on 18:47 - Apr 22 by SimonJames

It's very unlikely, owing to their even worse ability than ours to score goals, but stranger things have happened.

I suppose it's possible that a draw and bad loss from us compared to a couple of 1-0s from them could send us down. That's depressing.
Relegation creeping up on 19:31 - Apr 22 with 1754 viewsJamesB1979

Relegation creeping up on 19:02 - Apr 22 by stuabd

I suppose it's possible that a draw and bad loss from us compared to a couple of 1-0s from them could send us down. That's depressing.

We're 5 points clear so only 2 wins would be enough
Relegation creeping up on 19:34 - Apr 22 with 1741 viewscoolranger

That's the beauty of league football. There is no hiding place. We have had 44 opportunities to show we are one of the better sides in this league, or at least not one of the three worst. And now, we are potentially looking down the barrel. Two more defeats and it's actually out of our hands, and I am 100% sure we will lose at Norwich.

So really Forest is now a Cup Final. Mind you, if you manage to lose your last eight straight games, then frankly you cannot shed tears. You are rubbish.

And we do lose a lot of games. Can't even squeeze a point when playing poorly like some sides seem able to.

I dunno, thirteen years ago there was Ollie at Hillsborough giving Churchillian speeches and talking of players prepared to die for the shirt and all the usual footie guff, and not much else actually. And up we went from League 1.

Now, thirteen years on, same manager and we are staring at League 1 again. Lots of Churchillian speeches, pleas for players to 'die for the shirt', work etc etc. Not much else.

It almost feels like we have come full circle in thirteen years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024