Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bitter taste about Sweetmore 11:20 - Apr 30 with 49391 viewsswiggy

Apparently Dave Sweetmore has been given his job back for next season despite the club announcing Eden Bearshaw as his replacement. What a sad day for the integrity of RAFC. How can you give someone a job and then give back word on the last day of the season, this leaves a very bitter taste on a day that could go down in the clubs history. Trust has been severely compromised and I'm sure this will have a negative affect on season ticket sales. I for one had been a certainty but am now thinking of not purchasing. Sad sad day for the club.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:40 - May 3 with 1959 viewskiwidale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:21 - May 3 by TalkingSutty

Another one who hides behind a multitude of different usernames??

The messageboard has been used to back the Club and those who make the decisions into a corner.
Of course, they could have dealt with it better, that's pretty obvious, but I never thought I would see the day when our own fans actively went out of their way to a outside agency ( Rochdale online) to court the Club bad publicity. A line has been crossed there for me.

The Club have come forward with a statement and defused a situation of their own making, but the way some on here have hung them out to dry is disgraceful. Of course people will now re-coil in shock and horror and distance themselves from all of this , continue to ridicule anybody who makes a stand against them, but those within the Club will obviously see the full picture and they've been shafted by some of their own so called supporters on a public forum. Can you blame them if they now want to keep the fans at arms length? Erens mates will be happy now, they've had their pound of flesh, they should have kept their nose out of it.

There won't be an apology pal.
[Post edited 3 May 2017 22:22]

sorry Sutty and im not looking for a fight but thats a load of bolloxs

This is not the time for bickering.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:46 - May 3 with 1931 viewsBigDaveMyCock

The messageboard has been used to back the Club and those who make the decisions into a corner.
Of course, they could have dealt with it better, that's pretty obvious, but I never thought I would see the day when our own fans actively went out of their way to a outside agency ( Rochdale online) to court the Club bad publicity. A line has been crossed there for me.

The Club have come forward with a statement and defused a situation of their own making, but the way some on here have hung them out to dry is disgraceful. Of course people will now re-coil in shock and horror and distance themselves from all of this , continue to ridicule anybody who makes a stand against them, but those within the Club will obviously see the full picture and they've been shafted by some of their own so called supporters on a public forum. Can you blame them if they now want to keep the fans at arms length? Erens mates will be happy now, they've had their pound of flesh, they should have kept their nose out of it.

No fans have actively gone to Rochdale Online to court the club bad publicity. The majority are not Eden's mates, as has been explained to you time and time again (best put by DAlien earlier today incidentally). However, you still pursue the line that it's only his friends. Why, when it's blatantly obvious that it's not? Finally, you're not making a stand. You just seem very confused.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:56 - May 3 with 1875 viewsAtThePeake

Who is it you think has gone to Rochdale Online TS? As others have pointed out, it's Dave whose quotes can be read in the article, not Eden's. Don't you think if somebody had used Rochdale Online as some sort of publicity tool in favour of Eden, that they maybe would have asked Eden first whether he wanted to make a comment? Because if not, why go ahead with the article if it was only to be used to fight Eden's corner?

What happened is that Eden was unfairly treated by the club. Both fans who know him and don't know him spoke up about that, about how it didn't really fit the 'Team Rochdale' ethos the club portrays itself to have. You've even said yourself Eden was unfairly treated. The club have rectified their mistake and done what most people agree is the right thing, so why are you wound up and wittering on about cliques and such like when it's clear that many people who don't even know Eden agree that the club have done the right thing?
[Post edited 3 May 2017 22:58]

Tangled up in blue.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:59 - May 3 with 1860 viewsTTNYear

Can I also add with the hope that this thread disappears, that it does appear that fan power still has some weight, contrary to what was said, and if you believe something is wrong it's worth sticking to you principles and beliefs, when you think someone has been besmirched.

Enjoy the close season.
[Post edited 3 May 2017 23:06]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 23:04 - May 3 with 1834 views442Dale

And on the subject of closed, this thread should be.

It's done.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 23:06 - May 3 with 1813 viewsTTNYear

Agreed

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 23:33 - May 3 with 1726 viewsEllGazzell

A multitude of different usernames??

Are you serious? I've had my username unchanged since year dot of this forum, through all its incarnations. It's like brand identity - Google, Coca-Cola, VW, EllGazzell - just the name alone bears the standard.

I've got the prowess and guile to hold my own in the big bad world of the Internet without the need to agree with myself from another login.

Now stop deflecting your mistakes and shortcomings, you're like that corps Kim Jong May blaming the nasty EU today, and hold your hands up, apologise and let the loyal dedicated fans get on with shaping the Dale into a community club to proud of!

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024