Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bitter taste about Sweetmore 11:20 - Apr 30 with 48342 viewsswiggy

Apparently Dave Sweetmore has been given his job back for next season despite the club announcing Eden Bearshaw as his replacement. What a sad day for the integrity of RAFC. How can you give someone a job and then give back word on the last day of the season, this leaves a very bitter taste on a day that could go down in the clubs history. Trust has been severely compromised and I'm sure this will have a negative affect on season ticket sales. I for one had been a certainty but am now thinking of not purchasing. Sad sad day for the club.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:26 - Apr 30 with 12616 viewsD_Alien

If true, this can't be allowed to just happen

I'll be making my feelings known to the club

What terrible timing, but it won't affect my support of what's happening on the pitch

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:27 - Apr 30 with 12614 viewsLuke8686

Maybe the new guy had a change in circumstances and couldn't take the job anymore, can't always assume it's the clubs fault
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:35 - Apr 30 with 12553 viewsTTNYear

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:27 - Apr 30 by Luke8686

Maybe the new guy had a change in circumstances and couldn't take the job anymore, can't always assume it's the clubs fault

After speaking to Eden, who is gutted by the way, no it's been a total u turn by the club, and is a disgrace. To treat a supporter who has been promised a job to have it taken away in this manner is wrong... very wrong !

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:35 - Apr 30 with 12550 viewsswiggy

The "new guy" changed his flights to come home early from his holiday at great expense to be here today only to be called into the office when he arrived and given the news. Very very bitter taste and an own goal by the club.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:36 - Apr 30 with 12535 views442Dale

Not sure this can be right, as others posted he was there shadowing for the role last week.

Needs confirmation.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:37 - Apr 30 with 12517 viewsTTNYear

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:36 - Apr 30 by 442Dale

Not sure this can be right, as others posted he was there shadowing for the role last week.

Needs confirmation.

No it's true

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:41 - Apr 30 with 12486 viewsShun

Absolutely disgusting.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:44 - Apr 30 with 12442 views442Dale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:37 - Apr 30 by TTNYear

No it's true

A really sad day.

Every step forward this club makes is followed by something that makes you wonder why we bother.

Login to get fewer ads

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:47 - Apr 30 with 12409 viewsLuke8686

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:35 - Apr 30 by swiggy

The "new guy" changed his flights to come home early from his holiday at great expense to be here today only to be called into the office when he arrived and given the news. Very very bitter taste and an own goal by the club.

Fair enough, be interesting to hear what the club have to say for themselves
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:48 - Apr 30 with 12401 viewsTTNYear

Offered a job

Leaving person changes their mind

Comes home early from holiday to be told by a person who didn't promise him the job that he hasn't got the job

Brilliant Dale... brilliant

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:50 - Apr 30 with 12374 viewsNigeriamark

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:48 - Apr 30 by TTNYear

Offered a job

Leaving person changes their mind

Comes home early from holiday to be told by a person who didn't promise him the job that he hasn't got the job

Brilliant Dale... brilliant

Hope they don't charge him to watch the game today!
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:51 - Apr 30 with 12352 viewsD_Alien

This cannot be allowed to stand

No offence to Sweetmore, but if he had anything about him he wouldn't be taking this up

If he does, then that's very offensive

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:55 - Apr 30 with 12310 views442Dale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:51 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

No offence to Sweetmore, but if he had anything about him he wouldn't be taking this up

Can't see why anyone would want to take a position in such circumstances.

Seriously, this happens now?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:57 - Apr 30 with 12277 viewsDaleFan7

If this is true, it's disgraceful and unforgivable by the club and if I was Eden I'd seek legal advice.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:57 - Apr 30 with 12268 viewsJimmyRustler

Absolutely shocking. Almost as bad as *that* screen we're employing today. It's a giant smart phone ffs.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:58 - Apr 30 with 12263 viewsTTNYear

Sweetmore has a right to ask for his job back the club should have told him to F off....

And he is now Sweetmore not Dave

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 14:03 - Apr 30 with 12021 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Remember speaking to graham Atkinson at end of season do at nemesis when he had been offered a new deal under hollins and how happy he was to stay. Hollins then went and Atkinson was released with contact offer revoked. Felt this was a disgrace at the time and this current farce is just as bad.

Don't know sweetmore and as exiles don't get to hone games but putting a cd in a machine is hardly rocket science so what does he do that new guy could not?

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 14:31 - Apr 30 with 11865 viewsfitzochris

Kuntable behaviour.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 14:44 - Apr 30 with 11771 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Absolutely piss poor behaviour if true (which I've no doubt it is, TTNY having confirmed it).

This really can not stand.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 14:44 - Apr 30 with 11770 viewsjudd

No way to treat people. Has taken the gloss off today.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 14:49 - Apr 30 with 11720 viewsdalenumber2

Absolutely outrageous if true. I am totally disgusted with the club if this has happened. No excuses. Poor Eden, what a despicable way to treat a lifelong fan and someone who would have done a great job.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 14:51 - Apr 30 with 11711 viewsDale2017

I wonder if and when the club will make any announcement about this and how they will justify it. It really isn't fair that somebody can give notice to leave a position, somebody be appointed to that role only for the current employee to change his mind. I am sure if I handed my notice in at work tomorrow and changed my mind on my last day I would be told to sling it.

I was looking forward to a change next season but never mind.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 14:51 - Apr 30 with 11693 viewsnordenblue

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:51 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

I had a feeling this was going to happen when I posted it a few weeks ago on here,when I heard he'd "changed his mind" I imagined it was to stay in the job
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 14:52 - Apr 30 with 11675 viewsSandyDrum

I was going to volunteer over the summer after their plea for help last week.

Now they can completely f uck off, this is absolutely disgusting. Sweetmore can do one and in all honesty, whoever's decision this was (cough mr green cough) you can do one too.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 14:53 - Apr 30 with 11663 views442Dale

As long as the away fans think we're cool and Jimmy Wagg is able to ramble on repetitively, what does it matter if the club believe this is a correct moral decision?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024