Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa 21:56 - Jun 26 with 106840 views34dfgdf54

A few news sources are reporting we are close to bringing Roque Mesa in from Las Palmas.

Not heard of him before, but from looking at videos and checking stats he looks like a Britton replacement. Second most completed passes in la liga last year, 14 x bookings so he puts it about a bit. From the videos he pretty much looks identical to Leon in terms of playing style.

I'm glad we are looking to strengthen this area, £9 mill apparently.
Roque Mesa on 23:54 - Jun 28 with 4634 viewsTummer_from_Texas

http://www.elgoldigital.com/roque-mesa-deja-en-espera-una-oferta-para-negociar-s

(using Google translator, so this will read a bit funny)

Roque Mesa leaves "waiting" an offer to negotiate his signing for a candidate to win the Champions League

Diego Pablo Simeone has asked Atletico Madrid in an express operation to present an offer for one of the best midfielders in the league. The colchonero set would not have impediments to find a house until the winter market, but for that it should previously disburse 15 million euros, with the possibility of splitting the payment twice. The agreement would be closed this week, when the player counts with an offer that his club has already accepted.

Roque Mesa has a foot and a half in the Premier League to play in Swansea City. However, Atletico Madrid can frustrate this operation by presenting an offer of 15 million euros, two million euros more than the offer made by Swansea City. The Mesa itself would be eager to sign for Atletico and stay in Gran Canarias until the winter market. Likewise, the 'UD' would facilitate the payment thanks to the 'cession' that would make Atletico in the case of closing Vitolo.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 23:54]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Roque Mesa on 23:58 - Jun 28 with 4615 viewsBytholWyn

This doesn't surprise me at all. When I saw not only the transfer fee but also the salary we would pay Mesa being splashed in advance of his move to us I couldn't help but wondering if this was a sneaky way of stating to all and sundry - this is what you need to beat - and get your act together fast.
Roque Mesa on 23:58 - Jun 28 with 4612 viewsGriffting

Anyone know how reliable 'Gol digital' are?
Roque Mesa on 01:14 - Jun 29 with 4499 viewsPorthcawlswan

Roque Mesa on 23:58 - Jun 28 by Griffting

Anyone know how reliable 'Gol digital' are?

I'm hoping not very. I think he will sign still
Roque Mesa on 06:23 - Jun 29 with 4343 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Marca English is saying it's all but a done deal in their story today, would probably say they are pretty reliable
Roque Mesa on 07:29 - Jun 29 with 4183 viewsHubert

Roque Mesa on 06:23 - Jun 29 by exiledinenglandjack

Marca English is saying it's all but a done deal in their story today, would probably say they are pretty reliable

What's a done deal - him coming to us or Athletico ?
Roque Mesa on 07:59 - Jun 29 with 4103 viewsexiledinenglandjack

They are reporting the deal to us is all but done. On his Instagram it looks like he's staying in a hotel in Madrid though. Hopefully waiting for the flight over here
Roque Mesa on 08:05 - Jun 29 with 4072 viewsSwans_16

Roque Mesa on 07:59 - Jun 29 by exiledinenglandjack

They are reporting the deal to us is all but done. On his Instagram it looks like he's staying in a hotel in Madrid though. Hopefully waiting for the flight over here

Marca are reporting it's nearly done to us.

He is staying in a hotel in Madrid, there's a flight from Madrid to Cardiff with Iberia Express this evening, so i'm guessing he'll be on that.
Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa on 08:05 - Jun 29 with 4073 viewspencoedjack

Lets be honest a player could be in Swansea within 12 hours of an agreement being reached by the 2 clubs.

Can see this one being a massive let down if AM are in for him as well.

Anyway we got George Thomas from Coventry as a back up option

[Post edited 29 Jun 2017 8:44]
Roque Mesa on 08:32 - Jun 29 with 3993 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 08:05 - Jun 29 by pencoedjack

Lets be honest a player could be in Swansea within 12 hours of an agreement being reached by the 2 clubs.

Can see this one being a massive let down if AM are in for him as well.

Anyway we got George Thomas from Coventry as a back up option

[Post edited 29 Jun 2017 8:44]

My fears too. You would imagine he would prefer AM, but maybe we pay more wages? Premier League effect etc.
Roque Mesa on 08:35 - Jun 29 with 3976 viewsSwans_16

Roque Mesa on 08:32 - Jun 29 by 34dfgdf54

My fears too. You would imagine he would prefer AM, but maybe we pay more wages? Premier League effect etc.

If Atletico are interested then we need to show something that can beat the prestige, UCL football etc. that they have.

He strikes me as a guy who'd rather stay in Spain given the choice, so let's just get this done and dusted.
Roque Mesa on 08:57 - Jun 29 with 3911 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 08:35 - Jun 29 by Swans_16

If Atletico are interested then we need to show something that can beat the prestige, UCL football etc. that they have.

He strikes me as a guy who'd rather stay in Spain given the choice, so let's just get this done and dusted.

The ability to sign players goes in our favour surely? Are atletico looking to sign him now and not play him until January, or sign him when the ban runs out?
Roque Mesa on 08:59 - Jun 29 with 3892 viewsexiledinenglandjack

http://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2017/06/28/5953ed1822601d4f058

Thats the article i was referring too, a madrid based newspaper, granted usually with a Real bias but normally pretty well informed
Roque Mesa on 09:04 - Jun 29 with 3857 viewsjojaca

I can't believe we are willing to pay £9/£10 million for a 28 year old because we are obviously not going to gain on future sell ons.

Even when you know, you never know?

Roque Mesa on 09:07 - Jun 29 with 3844 viewsWarwickHunt

Roque Mesa on 09:04 - Jun 29 by jojaca

I can't believe we are willing to pay £9/£10 million for a 28 year old because we are obviously not going to gain on future sell ons.

Christ on a fûcking bike...

You are Huw Jenkins and I claim my five pounds.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2017 9:23]
Roque Mesa on 09:10 - Jun 29 with 3816 viewsjack247

They are probably looking at it as a way to preserve Premier League status
Roque Mesa on 09:11 - Jun 29 with 3778 viewsbluenile

What???....................you must be out of your tiny mind!!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Roque Mesa on 09:19 - Jun 29 with 3767 viewsWarwickHunt

Roque Mesa on 09:10 - Jun 29 by jack247

They are probably looking at it as a way to preserve Premier League status

Innit. Fücking weirdos...
Roque Mesa on 09:25 - Jun 29 with 3731 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 09:19 - Jun 29 by WarwickHunt

Innit. Fücking weirdos...

It's a novel approach fair play
Roque Mesa on 09:30 - Jun 29 with 3700 viewsLeonWasGod

He's an excellent tap dancer, so Huw's going to drag him round Wind Street on a lead so he can earn his money performing in bars.

The value to us won't in any way be linked to his ability to help us on the football field and hopefully perform better in the league and cups.

[sarcasm off]
Roque Mesa on 09:59 - Jun 29 with 3595 viewsraynor94

Truly, a Christ on a bike moment! Staggering

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Roque Mesa on 10:16 - Jun 29 with 3491 viewsBytholWyn

I think that what jojaca was trying to say is that he's amazed that the club, given it's recent history, would sign a player for a substantial fee with limited sell-on value. He wasn't necessarily expressing his personal opinion.

Just agree with me jojaca...
Roque Mesa on 13:32 - Jun 29 with 3019 viewsSwans_16

Bleacher Report and a few other sources stating that Roque Mesa's move to us is imminent and will be finalised by the weekend.
Roque Mesa on 13:45 - Jun 29 with 2913 viewsbluenile

Roque Mesa on 10:16 - Jun 29 by BytholWyn

I think that what jojaca was trying to say is that he's amazed that the club, given it's recent history, would sign a player for a substantial fee with limited sell-on value. He wasn't necessarily expressing his personal opinion.

Just agree with me jojaca...

He has a spokesman now? . . . . Or maybe a mind-reader?

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Roque Mesa on 13:52 - Jun 29 with 2849 viewsairedale

That applies to Atletico Madrid too though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024