Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread 19:53 - Aug 23 with 35389 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 14:51]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:35 - Aug 26 with 1616 viewsTheKirkyLife

Had a bit of time to reflect. Those first 40 minutes were dull. So, so dull. It was like watching a movie that was stuck on repeat. Pass to Mawson, try and play out, get back to VDH/Fernandez/Fabianski and back to Mawson.

Fer and Abraham were lucky to get a goal but the real turn of the tide came when Tomkins went off and was replaced by Kelly. His introduction directly led to our two goals and so it makes me wonder what would have happened if Tomkins wasn't injured....probably the same on repeat.

Clucas and VDH seriously impressed me. Clucas was simple and clinical with his passing - much more at home than Mesa. VDH was also pretty comfortable and THAT tackle on Cabaye was on point. Was actually worried when he was replaced by Routledge.

Bony and Arias with a Llorente return would do wonders to this team. Someone to hold up the ball - fabulous. Mind, Naughton did have a very nice game and was super astute to nick the ball for Ayew's goal.

Second Palace game away, second important three points picked up.
The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:46 - Aug 26 with 1587 viewsZZoric

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 19:51 - Aug 26 by union_jack

You're boring me now. Go away!

typical response from someone who has no clue

serious question: if u have nothing positive to offer strategically or tactically - why bother to continuously tout ur negative shite ? it offers nothing, nothing other than fuel ur miserable outlook

what is it u enjoy ?
The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:50 - Aug 26 with 1575 viewsunion_jack

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:46 - Aug 26 by ZZoric

serious question: if u have nothing positive to offer strategically or tactically - why bother to continuously tout ur negative shite ? it offers nothing, nothing other than fuel ur miserable outlook

what is it u enjoy ?

Clearly I didn't make myself clear in my last post. Read it again!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:50 - Aug 26 with 1572 viewsBrynCartwright

Well done SCFC! 3 points, especially away, is brilliant. Love it.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:52 - Aug 26 with 1565 viewsjasper_T

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:46 - Aug 26 by ZZoric

what is it u enjoy ?

You seem to have nothing to offer except looking at the score and deciding anyone not 100% jubilant is a thick cnt.

If you don't like what people are posting about just don't read the site.
The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:01 - Aug 26 with 1473 viewsKilkennyjack

What a 3 points.

So proud of the manager, the players, and the fans today.
Superb.

Beware of the Risen People

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 00:25 - Aug 27 with 1394 viewsTNT

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:57 - Aug 24 by theeaglehaslanded

Palace 2 Swansea 0

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 01:12 - Aug 27 with 1343 viewsKerouac

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:24 - Aug 26 by EasternJack

Re:Olson/Taylor - I called that in the Southampton game. Again today he put the breaks on when he had space to run into.

What's the point of playing wing backs if you're not going to let them break into the final 30 yards?

I agree.

The problem as I see it is that if the wing-backs are to provide the width the emphasis must be on WING.

This is why in a 3-5-2 you need 2 defensive midfielders screening the back 3 and filling in when the WING-backs bomb forward.

Today we seemed to be set up;

-------------------- Abraham ------ Ayew --------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------- Carroll ---------------------- Fer -----------------------
Olsson ------------------- Clucas ---------------------- Naughton
------------ Mawson ---------------- Van der Hoorn -------------
--------------------------- Fernandez --------------------------------
---------------------------- Fabianski ---------------------------------

...and I understand why, we were away from home with disruption to the defence, a new signing in midfield, struggling for confidence.
We were set up to stifle, frustrate and hit on the break.

...but you're right (and Monmouth) about the lack of width and attacking intent. I am hoping that Clement might tweak this system (at home and with a couple of signings) to look more like;

-------------------- Abraham --- Llorente / Bony ----------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Olsson------------------------ Fer ---------------------------- Arias
------------ Clucas / Carroll ------- Mesa / Leon ---------------
-------- Mawson -------------------------- Van der Hoorn ------
--------------------------- Fernandez --------------------------------
---------------------------- Fabianski ---------------------------------

With the emphasis on the wing-backs bombing forward and Fer having the licence to join the front 2...and it all revolving around playing off the target man.
If we can deliver good ball into those strikers they WILL score.

I see Ayew's role morphing into super sub, either replacing Abraham, Fer or even one of the wing-backs late on.

Away from home though I suspect we will be playing something closer to 5-3-2, which worked today.

As somebody who has been advocating switching to 3-5-2 for years I am very excited by this development but am also bricking it as we only have 3 centre-backs at the moment, 1 of whom is a novice (Van der Hoorn), another 1 who is relatively inexperienced (Mawson), and the experienced, consistent 1 (Fernandez) doesn't bring the ball out or distribute it very well.
Clement has got fecking big balls!

Surely it makes sense to shift out as many as possible from; Montero, Dyer, Nordfeldt/Muller, Fulton and even Narsingh (who does have pace and can cross...not writing him off completely)
and make room for a CB on a free or a loan, such as Chico (who may be joining Hull City, I read today).
Just as an insurance policy?
1 injury over the next couple of months and we stop making progress on this new system.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 1:20]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Crystal Palace Vs Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 05:48 - Aug 27 with 1261 viewsGlyn1

I did grin at a comment on the Palace fans forum:

"Swansea are bringing Routledge on. The final insult."

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024