Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread 15:14 - Aug 26 with 6910 viewsrochedale

Does anyone at the match care to update on here for those of us who can't make it... cheers!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Match Thread on 19:30 - Aug 26 with 1927 viewslove_the_dale

Match Thread on 19:12 - Aug 26 by KenBoon

The ref got the red card 100% correct. As had been said, if their goalie chests the ball then Done could well have taken it off him.

Other than that, the match was boring and low quality. In order to shore up our defence, we seem to be cutting off our bollocks up front. Them going down to 10 men just made sure they packed their penalty area, which in a way made it more difficult for them to make clangers.

A word on bury. Considering the money spent, they are absolute bobbins. The lad up front had more tantrums than me after seeing the new food prices.

Someone mentioned it was league two football. I totally agree, and it was poor League two football. Lots of improvement needed.

Sorry, but I disagree. For it to be a red card, the offence has to deny a clear goal scoring opportunity. Also, if the goalie had not grabbed hold of the ball, it would have bounced off his body towards the half way line and by the time it hit the ground, Done would have been a few yards closer to the goal line than the goalkeeper, with negligible chance of scoring.
Match Thread on 19:43 - Aug 26 with 1852 viewsonedalefan

As always, rules open to an individual interpretation that people don't always agree with.
Noticed loads of people questioning why their defender who was injured didn't leave the field when Done got booked. Obviously not aware of the new rule for this year that they don't have to.
Match Thread on 19:45 - Aug 26 with 1846 viewsisitme

Match Thread on 19:43 - Aug 26 by onedalefan

As always, rules open to an individual interpretation that people don't always agree with.
Noticed loads of people questioning why their defender who was injured didn't leave the field when Done got booked. Obviously not aware of the new rule for this year that they don't have to.

That rule that came in last season!
Match Thread on 19:59 - Aug 26 with 1786 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread on 19:30 - Aug 26 by love_the_dale

Sorry, but I disagree. For it to be a red card, the offence has to deny a clear goal scoring opportunity. Also, if the goalie had not grabbed hold of the ball, it would have bounced off his body towards the half way line and by the time it hit the ground, Done would have been a few yards closer to the goal line than the goalkeeper, with negligible chance of scoring.

Doesn't matter what "might" have happened. He did handle the ball and gained an advantage, he was the last man and the closest player was from dale. As a result he denied a clear opportunity even if that opportunity was one in a thousand. something can be clear even if it is not likely i.e by handling it it stopped the chance 100% whereas if he had not, clearly there would have been an opportunity no matter how small

May be interpretation, but we will see if it is overturned on appeal - I don't think it will but who knows
Match Thread on 19:59 - Aug 26 with 1783 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread on 17:22 - Aug 26 by Bobbyjoe

Not entirely without interest, but only because it was a derby. Ince was worth watching. Sending off correct, but did nothing for the game. Workmanlike from both teams. Little to encourage a return visit for the casual observer, other than the other local derbies.

Agree BJ, Ince was the quality today, he looks too good for this league.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 20:01]
Match Thread on 20:03 - Aug 26 with 1746 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread on 19:59 - Aug 26 by TalkingSutty

Agree BJ, Ince was the quality today, he looks too good for this league.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 20:01]

You would think anyone of that quality coming to Bury is a mercenary to money. First offer he will be off like a shot. However if they get a good fee perhaps that is what they want so everyone wins in a way
Match Thread on 20:06 - Aug 26 with 1728 views100notout

Match Thread on 20:03 - Aug 26 by Nigeriamark

You would think anyone of that quality coming to Bury is a mercenary to money. First offer he will be off like a shot. However if they get a good fee perhaps that is what they want so everyone wins in a way

isn't he on loan?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match Thread on 20:10 - Aug 26 with 1696 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread on 20:06 - Aug 26 by 100notout

isn't he on loan?

shows what I know!!
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread on 20:12 - Aug 26 with 1681 viewsrochdaleriddler

Shit game , 2 shit teams, 1 shit referee, poor tactics- well fed up

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread on 20:15 - Aug 26 with 1667 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread on 20:06 - Aug 26 by 100notout

isn't he on loan?

Not sure about that.The number 30 was the stand out player from the first whistle, he"s a man mountain and bury have made their best signing of the summer there.
Match Thread on 21:08 - Aug 26 with 1574 viewsKenBoon

Match Thread on 19:30 - Aug 26 by love_the_dale

Watch the highlights because it is nothing like you describe. For me the only question now is was he outside the area. Probably was just outside, but a lot closer than I originally thought.
Match Thread on 01:25 - Aug 27 with 1403 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread on 19:16 - Aug 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

I was a fraction closer to the incident (directly in line front of Sandy) than the lino...Edwards was " cute " with his touch, rolled down his arm.

But with a different perspective and like I said, no claim from Inman.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread on 09:27 - Aug 27 with 1218 viewsDalenet

Match Thread on 20:12 - Aug 26 by rochdaleriddler

Shit game , 2 shit teams, 1 shit referee, poor tactics- well fed up

Sadly I have to agree - worst game I have seen from two very poor teams for many a year. Somebody fell asleep near me. I think both goalkeepers could too. Awful. I trust Hilly to sort it
Match Thread on 10:23 - Aug 27 with 1121 viewsaleanddale

terrible 0-0 to watch..

Dale poor and toothless... bury worse!!

Agree Ince was the best player of the park but all that spending and £10 000 000 in debt for what?

I trust Hilly 100% to sort it. Not sure LC will for the gigglers though.

Good save by the sub keeper from Williams to keep the score at 0-0.

Bunn looks a shadow of his former self and is approx. a stone overweight!!

we go again on Saturday - tricky one at Roots Hall.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024