Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level 22:06 - Sep 1 with 44724 viewsTheResurrection

The Holy Grail of the "next level" is probably already upon us, or at least we're moving towards it, but most of you are too wrapped up in your own miserable preconceived prejudices, you won't open your eyes to realise it.

The Club still isn't perfect, but which one is? The Trust still need a genuine revamp and refresh to communicate effectively to both Board and fans. The friendly game ticket prices is an example of this. But the overall picture is one of a Club getting back on track and improving. Nothing too much to shout about in isolation as the only was was up after the disaster of the last 2 years or so.

But nevertheless we're getting our act together. Off the pitch and since January, on it.

Commercially we will see the benefits, we have professionals involved, true business people with contacts who will increase revenue. Better sponsorships and business partners to be tapped into. The profile of SCFC is on the rise, more professional media interaction, website, Twitter, Facebook, more games being streamed, all on the up.

The football aspect will now follow. The U-23's had a tremendously successful season and our Academy and training facilities are now state of the art. This will only help everything we are trying to achieve.

Anyone one of us that has supported this Club back in the day, when we stop and think about things, will struggle to believe it's all actually been a true story.

We are 7 years - SEVEN YEARS - in the EPL and it's time now to quit the childish quips about "the Yanks" ; "the sell-outs" etc. What we've achieved, led by the old Board and now the new is nothing short of a miracle, it's phenomenal!! I have spent enough time voicing an angry opinion about the goings on of all concerned, but all said and done, they've done us proud.

The football squad we will take into the Premier League from now is arguably the best since we've been here.

Goalkeeper - as solid as we could hope for and Fab is Swansea's no. 1 without a shadow of a doubt. The way we accumulate GK's should mean at least one of them will be good enough to step in if he's ever injured ;-)

Defence - Been a revelation under Clement as we now defend as a team with responsibility for this aspect on every player. Naughts comes in for ridiculous stick but for me he's completely dependable. Everyone loves to scapegoat and bully somebody. Naughts gets too much of this. Cover at full back would've been great but it didn't happen and he won't let us down - same as he didn't last season. Fede and Maws have now formed a strong partnership and have enjoyed playing alongside each other for some time and are growing very strong. I love Olsson, he's as competitive as they come, the sheer determination in everything he does is infectious. We've also got ball players right along the back and we can now adapt perfectly well to a 3-5-2 with Bartley and VdH able to step in when needed. Rangel is an able deputy and Clucas can cover the left. We are solid at the back.

Midfield - We will be very strong and competitive in midfield this season. The signing of Sanches is truly unbelievable and exciting and the options we now have in this area are plentiful - off the bench too. I'm sure Clement and the Board would've loved to add another wider player but we won't be held ransom and pay massively over the odds - that's not good business. Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners. Fer, Ki and Mesa all have genuine claims of fighting for a first XI slot and Ayew can play deeper or wide to provide options. Leon's still about as are Routs, Narsingh and Dyer so we're not having to rely on the old guard like we did last season, and these boys will still have something to offer as the season goes on, I'm sure of that. Southampton have made Europe on squads similar to ours and we can genuinely aim to look a lot higher up the league than we could this time last season, as far as up as that remains to be seen, but why not.

Up front - Bony, Tammy and Ayew is our strongest front line since the EPL without a shadow of doubt. Bony, in my opinion, is the missing piece in the jigsaw, he has the exact qualities we've been crying out for and Llorente could simply not provide. I think the 3 can play together in a 4-3-3 with Bony in the middle and Tammy and Ayew either side. It won't be Tammy's preferred option, same as it isn't for Rashford, bit it's a genuine alternative option for us.

Options are good and options we now have in abundance.

Manager - Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in and all the options mentioned above, he makes them a reality. His coaching is second to none and the team is able to adapt to any of his demands. He'll also get us playing more football this season and our style of play will be unrecognisable from the sheer tedium of last year.

Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show.

[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:15]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:48 - Feb 3 with 1715 views_

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:44 - Feb 3 by omarjack

"Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners"

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA

This is pure gold..classic sh!thousery..

That was Palace away

We won 2-1 and we had all the chance in the world of staying up...

Swans fans ruined Clucas. Swans fans get what they deserve

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:51 - Feb 3 with 1700 viewslonglostjack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:48 - Feb 3 by _

That was Palace away

You’ve seriously lost the plot. Swans fans were brilliant that night.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 0:53]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:53 - Feb 3 with 1682 viewsswan65split

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:51 - Feb 3 by longlostjack

You’ve seriously lost the plot. Swans fans were brilliant that night.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 0:53]

He never had the plot......he just thinks he has it
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:54 - Feb 3 with 1679 viewsJonathans_coat

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:48 - Feb 3 by _

That was Palace away

#allthefansfault
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:57 - Feb 3 with 1664 viewsFerrieBodde

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:38 - Feb 3 by _

The author of this thread is a facking legend... You know it, I know it.

The wonderful 17 who upvoted this iconic thread know it

All hail a true supporter, warts and all. Most of you are just shit on my shoe 👍

"I'm a mentally retarded cocksucker who knows nothing about football."

Congratulations mate. First time you've ever said anything on here that was correct and that I agree with. Give yourself a round of applause. Seriously.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 01:08 - Feb 3 with 1630 viewsAce_Jack

He’s egotistical, embarrassingly narcissistic, projects the failures of the sellouts and yanks onto the fans, and is a generally disagreeable c*nt. He’s also got some f**king front showing his face on here tonight too. Mods, do him a favour and ban him.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 01:38 - Feb 3 with 1582 views_

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 01:08 - Feb 3 by Ace_Jack

He’s egotistical, embarrassingly narcissistic, projects the failures of the sellouts and yanks onto the fans, and is a generally disagreeable c*nt. He’s also got some f**king front showing his face on here tonight too. Mods, do him a favour and ban him.

Shut your mouth

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 07:13 - Feb 3 with 1468 viewsicecoldjack

How embarrassing for the OP.

How could somebody be wrong so many times about so many things ?
Will go down as the biggest ever joker on planet swans, not a fookin clue and totally sucked in, so gullible he must be a door to door salesman s wet dream of a customer !

Chin up, it's done, move on and get back to talking sense Res.
Login to get fewer ads

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 07:16 - Feb 3 with 1467 viewsCooperman

That was Palace away

Swans fans ruined Clucas? WTF is all that about?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 07:21 - Feb 3 with 1464 viewsCooperman

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 07:16 - Feb 3 by Cooperman

[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 7:25]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 07:23 - Feb 3 with 1461 viewsjacksfullaces

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 07:16 - Feb 3 by Cooperman

it's the always someone else's (other than the line I have chosen) fault approach to winning an argument .. or not as the case may be.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 07:44 - Feb 3 with 1438 viewsWarwickHunt

There wasn’t much to ruin.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 07:47 - Feb 3 with 1429 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 10:26 - Aug 11 by FerrieBodde

"The Holy Grail of the 'next level' is probably already upon us, or at least we're moving towards it, but most of you are too wrapped up in your own miserable preconceived prejudices, you won't open your eyes to realise it."

"The football squad we will take into the Premier League from now is arguably the best since we've been here."

"Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show."

Relegated. Just 21 goals scored. Fewest in the league. Game after game of 0 shots on goal.

It wasn't just that we were historically one of the worst Premier League sides ever. Last season's EPL was one of the easiest ones to stay up. You had to be a certain brand of utter, absolute shit not to be in the bottom 3 as all it took was 36 points and a goal difference of -18 or better. That's all. And we couldn't even manage that.

Even more damning was out of all 98 clubs in Europe's top 5 leagues (EPL, Serie A, Ligue 1, and Bundesliga), Swansea were dead least in expected goals. Even Malaga who accumulated just 20 goals all season had a higher xG:

https://www.theringer.com/soccer/2018/8/8/17658726/welcome-to-the-ringer-soccer-

Last out of 98 clubs. Even behind some of those tinpot clubs in Italy and France founded in the last few decades like Benevento and Troyes. You seriously can't put into words how pathetic that is.

And you know what? After that absolute fvcking disaster of a summer window, everyone with half a brain could see that we were headed for danger, yet somehow this right clown thought we were about to embark on some sort of football fairytale. When I predicted that we were going to be relegated he had the gall to threaten me with violence.

Then there were those other times where he threw his toys out the pram and called me every name in the book when I said that Clucas and Carroll weren't anywhere near good enough for the Premier League and were going to be shit signings. Those were funny times.

But, nonetheless, it is quite puzzling looking at his posts recently and seeing that he's still as furious and irate as ever, if not more so. What the hell is he so angry about? For years he bitched and made threads every day about how Sigurdsson and Llorente needed to be sold, and last season he got as he wished. As you see here, according to him, we'd reached the next level. He got exactly what he wanted. Now that we're at the next level, what the fvck is he still so mad about?

A perfect rebuttal of the false messiah’s fantasy. Everything you’ve said is 100 % true.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 07:52 - Feb 3 with 1413 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:38 - Feb 3 by _

The author of this thread is a facking legend... You know it, I know it.

The wonderful 17 who upvoted this iconic thread know it

All hail a true supporter, warts and all. Most of you are just shit on my shoe 👍

No , you’re not. Nothing of the sort. I’m amazed you can make self aggrandising statements when the complete opposite of everything you’ve predicted has happened.

Then you call fans who are unhappy about the acts of footballing suicide that have left us in the sh*t we find ourselves in as “sh*t on your shoe”.

I think you need to take a very long break.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:00 - Feb 3 with 1398 viewsBLAZE

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 07:13 - Feb 3 by icecoldjack

Will go down as the biggest ever joker on planet swans, not a fookin clue and totally sucked in, so gullible he must be a door to door salesman s wet dream of a customer !

You realise you upvoted the post at the time, right?
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:20 - Feb 3 with 1360 viewsnipples

y'all mother fckers be crazy with your damn ass fool football club. yall full of damn sh1t
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:29 - Feb 3 with 1334 viewsTailGunner

Not a time for point scoring or bumping threads with the benefit of hindsight.

The cold light of day is here.

We are in big trouble.

Unity required by all now.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:30 - Feb 3 with 1334 viewsmonmouth

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:00 - Feb 3 by BLAZE

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:34 - Feb 3 with 1307 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:20 - Feb 3 by nipples

y'all mother fckers be crazy with your damn ass fool football club. yall full of damn sh1t

F*ck off Omar

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:36 - Feb 3 with 1296 viewsLeonWasGod

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 07:21 - Feb 3 by Cooperman

[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 7:25]

In amongst all this craziness it's nice to know some things don't change 👍
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:41 - Feb 3 with 1264 viewsSgorioFruit

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 07:13 - Feb 3 by icecoldjack

Welcome to the internet. Full of jokes.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:43 - Feb 3 with 1251 viewsLeonWasGod

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:00 - Feb 3 by BLAZE

Quickly checks the arrow list.....ah, feck 🙈
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:48 - Feb 3 with 1232 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ah ffs just went to see the up arrow list on my phone and I f*cking tapped it! I categorically say now that was DEFINITELY unintentional

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:52 - Feb 3 with 1213 viewsWarwickHunt

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:20 - Feb 3 by nipples

Shut up Omar, you silly cûnt.

Edit: Bryn beat me to it.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 10:14]
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:53 - Feb 3 with 1213 viewsLeonWasGod

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:48 - Feb 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Ah ffs just went to see the up arrow list on my phone and I f*cking tapped it! I categorically say now that was DEFINITELY unintentional

I'm pretty sure I upped it for it's comedy value
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024