Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ODH - load of old coblers 21:58 - Sep 4 with 5761 viewsLblock

I wish him well (no really Bazza - I do!)

Despite the Cobblers always beating us in the cup I have an affinity for the club as a dear old friend of mine was on the board there a few years back. Don't like to see them being put through the mire

However if those fans thoguht they'd seen some garbage before, hang on peeps, you're abouts to be bored to safety!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

ODH - load of old coblers on 17:26 - Sep 5 with 1616 viewsSimonJames

ODH - load of old coblers on 16:48 - Sep 5 by daveB

you can when JFH wasn't manager for that match, we were 7th then we won two of his last 12 games, no matter which way you spin it we were heading down the table. Hard to say if that would have continued but we weren't showing many signs of turning it round

We bounced around in the top 7 for the first half dozen games of the season, then Newcastle gave us a reality check. After that we bounced around in the middle of the table, where most people expected us to be.
But if you want to believe that one result (which still left us within 1 point of 13th place) constituted a decline, then good luck to you.

100% of people who drink water will die.

ODH - load of old coblers on 17:59 - Sep 5 with 1599 viewsdaveB

ODH - load of old coblers on 17:26 - Sep 5 by SimonJames

We bounced around in the top 7 for the first half dozen games of the season, then Newcastle gave us a reality check. After that we bounced around in the middle of the table, where most people expected us to be.
But if you want to believe that one result (which still left us within 1 point of 13th place) constituted a decline, then good luck to you.

not saying one result showed a decline, saying 2 wins in 12 games was a decline as well as the way we were playing at the time. We won the next one and moved up the table again but he wasn't manager so no guarantee we'd have won that game if he had stayed.

We were crap at the time and getting worse with every game so if thats not a decline I don't know what is.
ODH - load of old coblers on 18:06 - Sep 5 with 1589 viewsToast_R

We were awful to watch and going nowhere really. He also oversaw that sorry display on Sky that saw Brentford nail us on our own pitch. But then he did oversee us beating Fulham at the cottage on the other hand. I wasnt sorry to see him go. Be interesting to see how he does at Northampton Town.
ODH - load of old coblers on 23:47 - Sep 5 with 1469 viewsPunteR

I never really had a problem with jfh but then i didn't go to all the games and see his brand of football every week. Sounded like it was a bit of a chore for some.
I thought he was sacked way too early though considering he ticked all the boxes when we interviewed him for the job. Obviously lacked experience but then we knew that when we signed him. He liked to play a defensive game but then we knew that when we signed him.
He never pushed for signings and seemed happy to work with what we had. It was also good to see an ex professional player work his way up the managerial ladder rather than think all billy big bollox.
He got stitched up by the telegraph unfortunately and also i think he started to lose the dressing room for whatever reason. ( maybe playing players out of position)
My main gripe with him was selling Faurlin and Hill. Plus saying we were going to play a high pressing game which never materialised.
Interesting to see how his career goes.
I wish him all the best.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2017 7:46]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

ODH - load of old coblers on 13:11 - Sep 6 with 1398 viewsTGRRRSSS

He was fairly poor, we were on a downward spiral and I can think of several results we got last season that had he remained manager would not have happened - Reading away springs to mind.

A great start (for us) had petered out by late September and all the signs where of a down hill spiral.

I dont wish him ill like I do Hughes, but I was annoyed he also got caught up in that Telegraph thing, which if nothing else proved his focus was not entirely on the job in hand, regardless of the outcome at the time.

Be interesting to see how it goes for him now but I am minded again of that Burton fan who didnt seem that sorry to see him go despite getting them promoted.
I think becuase he only just managed it and they were not improving by then.......
ODH - load of old coblers on 13:39 - Sep 6 with 1376 viewspaulparker

I was one of those who thought it was a great appointment and that we would be hard to beat oh and maybe a dark horse for the play offs (shout out to Lblock) but bar a few games Brentford and Leeds the football was dire anyone who had the misfortune to attend the Mk dons away game and Preston at home would testify how bad it was , he also kept on karl henry and preserved with him as well which was also his downfall especially when we shifted on faurlin
it will be interesting how he does at Northampton I work around the corner from the ground so a few people who I know are cobblers fans are quite excited , I haven't the heart to tell them how boring its going to be for them

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

ODH - load of old coblers on 14:12 - Sep 6 with 1335 viewsisawqpratwcity

ODH - load of old coblers on 13:39 - Sep 6 by paulparker

I was one of those who thought it was a great appointment and that we would be hard to beat oh and maybe a dark horse for the play offs (shout out to Lblock) but bar a few games Brentford and Leeds the football was dire anyone who had the misfortune to attend the Mk dons away game and Preston at home would testify how bad it was , he also kept on karl henry and preserved with him as well which was also his downfall especially when we shifted on faurlin
it will be interesting how he does at Northampton I work around the corner from the ground so a few people who I know are cobblers fans are quite excited , I haven't the heart to tell them how boring its going to be for them

Yeah, Warnock kept Henry on, too. Obviously, that's how he fluffed his second-chance probationary period.

I agree with you about Faurlin, though, and let's throw Clint Hill onto that, too. But that super-hardnosed approach to the squad may have been coming from Ferdinand and Hoos, as least in part.

I wish the bloke every success except against us.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

ODH - load of old coblers on 17:11 - Sep 6 with 1280 viewsTacticalR

There was also the 'Chery must always play' interview on Open All R's when Chery was putting in some up and down performances (perhaps dreaming of a trip to the Mystic East).

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

ODH - load of old coblers on 18:00 - Sep 6 with 1243 viewsDejR_vu

I think the fact he's had to go to a team rock bottom of League 1 says a lot.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

ODH - load of old coblers on 18:08 - Sep 6 with 1233 viewssimmo

Good luck to him, decent manager and a really good appointment for us at the time, unfortunately i'll always remember him not for the 6 -0 Newcastle massacre but for the home game against Reading which was easily the most intensely ball-aching event ever and indicative of his 'deep, tight, narrow' philosophy that made me want to stab myself in the face.

Would be pleased with him at Northampton and that level in general though, he does get things organised, I just don't want to pay for a ST at Loftus Road to watch my team try and win every game 1-0.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

ODH - load of old coblers on 18:18 - Sep 6 with 1226 viewstimcocking

Yeah, wtf (whotf perhaps) is ODH?
ODH - load of old coblers on 18:25 - Sep 6 with 1220 viewsAntti_Heinola

ODH - load of old coblers on 17:11 - Sep 6 by TacticalR

There was also the 'Chery must always play' interview on Open All R's when Chery was putting in some up and down performances (perhaps dreaming of a trip to the Mystic East).

Something that was always vastly overplayed both on the podcast and on here IMO. His point was that he considered Chery our best player and he wanted the team to be able to adapt to give him the chance to express himself fully to win us games. He believed if the players around him did their jobs better, Chery would be more effective and he was working on that. All the time he believed that was the best way forward, he was right to persist - dropping Chery would only have delayed what he was trying to get right. After all, JFH took something like 8 games before integrating Chery into the side when he took over, and then got the best out of him that season. Chery also started last season really well. People said Chery wasn't creating enough, but the stats didn't bear that out- the stats showed he was making key passes and creating chances that simply weren't being put away.

Bare bones.

ODH - load of old coblers on 18:31 - Sep 6 with 1212 viewsDorse

ODH - load of old coblers on 18:18 - Sep 6 by timcocking

Yeah, wtf (whotf perhaps) is ODH?

Orange Dog Hat?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

ODH - load of old coblers on 18:33 - Sep 6 with 1208 viewsCopenranger

Apparently the negotiations regarding his wages where something like:

JFH: "Just try to make me happy!"
ODH - load of old coblers on 20:49 - Sep 6 with 1155 viewsAntti_Heinola

ODH - load of old coblers on 18:33 - Sep 6 by Copenranger

Apparently the negotiations regarding his wages where something like:

JFH: "Just try to make me happy!"

I know it's a joke, but to be fair, he was the lowest paid manager in the league at Burton (60k per year I think - still good money, but you know what i mean), and Hoos said he was the only candidate that didn't even discuss money. Always felt the greedy stuff was unfair, because why not screw some rich people who want you to fly across the world to give speeches for two days?
But still, 'make me happy' was a funny line.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024