Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whoever 21:38 - Sep 24 with 19084 viewsangryjack

At club thought clucus is worth 15 million needs sacking wouldn't give 15 pence and would want change
Whoever on 08:04 - Sep 25 with 1996 viewsDr_Winston

It's truly amazing how so many people still rush to write players off after 3/4 games, particlarly players who are also burdened by our midfield/tactical setup being about as organised as Ryanair's leave chart.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Whoever on 10:05 - Sep 25 with 1957 viewsmax936

Whoever on 08:04 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

It's truly amazing how so many people still rush to write players off after 3/4 games, particlarly players who are also burdened by our midfield/tactical setup being about as organised as Ryanair's leave chart.

It's a fair point, but he came in hailed as a multi skilled player and one who could play anywhere across the Midfield, Left back or Centre Back, he seemed to struggle at every aspect of a midfield player on Saturday and you and I know that's got nothing to do with tactic's, he's got time though, but at this moment in time he shouldn't be starting ahead of Mesa. IMO

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Whoever on 10:08 - Sep 25 with 1953 viewswhoflungdung

Its amazing a player ,at that cost, comes on and looks utterly lost

We re not talking of a rookie here.

We ve spent serious money on duds before ,so it's amazing some aren't rather concerned

16 m should buy you quality

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Whoever on 10:13 - Sep 25 with 1939 viewsTheResurrection

Whoever on 10:05 - Sep 25 by max936

It's a fair point, but he came in hailed as a multi skilled player and one who could play anywhere across the Midfield, Left back or Centre Back, he seemed to struggle at every aspect of a midfield player on Saturday and you and I know that's got nothing to do with tactic's, he's got time though, but at this moment in time he shouldn't be starting ahead of Mesa. IMO

That's not true Max. Having watched the game back and apart from the goal where it came off him he did alright. He certainly won tackles, remember the one where he took the ball cleanly but Mason blew up? He won headers. He passed well...... But he made the fateful mistake of passing it backwards the ONCE when the crowd were just starting to turn.

This is what people remember.

It's impossible to recall the whole game from just watching it the once in the stadium. But it's easy to remember the one time where people feel they messed up, or slowed the game down, or made some other cock up.

He was the victim of a poor team selection, not the cause.

I like Clucas and he drove Hull up the field last season, he's talking time to settle and he's being played as the link man holding midfielder. This is Clements doing. He's not being used correctly but neither were the whole team first half.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Whoever on 10:31 - Sep 25 with 1919 viewsmax936

Whoever on 10:13 - Sep 25 by TheResurrection

That's not true Max. Having watched the game back and apart from the goal where it came off him he did alright. He certainly won tackles, remember the one where he took the ball cleanly but Mason blew up? He won headers. He passed well...... But he made the fateful mistake of passing it backwards the ONCE when the crowd were just starting to turn.

It's impossible to recall the whole game from just watching it the once in the stadium. But it's easy to remember the one time where people feel they messed up, or slowed the game down, or made some other cock up.

I like Clucas and he drove Hull up the field last season, he's talking time to settle and he's being played as the link man holding midfielder. This is Clements doing. He's not being used correctly but neither were the whole team first half.

We had better cover in front of our back 4 when Mesa came on, we were all over the place before that and in fairness he looked lost, as for passing the ball back, they all did that in that first half it was a safety first tactic brought on by what they were told to do, poor team selection is correct I'd play him further forward, but 16 mill seems a lot of money for him at this moment, but like I said time is on his side, Mesa should start at DM he's perfect for us there, he's not Leon, but who is.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Whoever on 10:32 - Sep 25 with 1919 viewsoldcob

I think Clucus had been pretty decent up until Watford. Every one get the occasional stinker. He's settling in at a new club, it takes some longer than others, so it would help if we were to encourage him and not be so ready to condemn.
Whoever on 10:42 - Sep 25 with 1905 viewsTheResurrection

Whoever on 10:31 - Sep 25 by max936

We had better cover in front of our back 4 when Mesa came on, we were all over the place before that and in fairness he looked lost, as for passing the ball back, they all did that in that first half it was a safety first tactic brought on by what they were told to do, poor team selection is correct I'd play him further forward, but 16 mill seems a lot of money for him at this moment, but like I said time is on his side, Mesa should start at DM he's perfect for us there, he's not Leon, but who is.

No. We had options in front of our midfield when Mesa came on.

The first half there was nothing going on and the players that come out of a situation like this the worst are the full backs, centre halves and midfield.

When you take the game to the other team and give them something to think about then gaps open up and options appear.

But Mesa is the link man and Clucas would be better served getting stuck in further up the field.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Whoever on 10:45 - Sep 25 with 1903 viewsicecoldjack

Whoever on 21:56 - Sep 24 by PozuelosSideys

Ok, lets play Sanches as a holding midfielder then, see what happens.

At least sanches will come and look for the ball not hide from it !

This i sa very poor signing for the money irrelevent of him playing out of position, he is supposedly a back up full back so must have some instincts in Dm position.

Give him 10 games before judging fully but its not looking great so far .
Login to get fewer ads

Whoever on 10:55 - Sep 25 with 1888 viewsicecoldjack

Whoever on 10:13 - Sep 25 by TheResurrection

As you've seen the game back, have a look at him position himself behind the watford player after playing the ball not moving into space and wanting to recieve it back, the player is hiding .
Maybe he feels his confidencce isn't quite there and doesn't want to make a mistake but he's 26 yrs old and needs to take responsibility on the ball, he doesn't do nearly enough of that.

Neat and tidy,won a few headers won a couple of tackles overall average and on the same level as Jay Fulton , but we didn't pay £ 16m for Fulton !

He passed well ? he passed sideways 5-10 yrds! you could do that . At 26 yrs and for the money we paid he should at least be running his nuts off trying to at least justify his fee, he looks scared to play which isn't a great sign, early days yet but it hasn't exactly been a signing that has inspired .
Whoever on 11:18 - Sep 25 with 1865 viewsTheResurrection

Whoever on 10:45 - Sep 25 by icecoldjack

At least sanches will come and look for the ball not hide from it !

This i sa very poor signing for the money irrelevent of him playing out of position, he is supposedly a back up full back so must have some instincts in Dm position.

Give him 10 games before judging fully but its not looking great so far .

Well give him facking 10 games then instead of throwing him under the bus after half an ordinary one.

And this pathetic caveat type posting we're seeing all the time lately.

Man up FFS. If you feel something say it without the bit at the end, oh I'm hoping to be proved wrong, or give him ten games.... At least Angry Jack doesn't mess about with all that shit at the end. Have the courage of your convictions or give him a chance.

Whoever on 11:53 - Sep 25 with 1834 views34dfgdf54

Only echoing what everyone else on the thread is saying, but Clucas has Clement to blame for the stick he's getting at the moment. He can not play as the anchor man in midfield, I hope to f*ck that isn't what he has bought here to do anyway.

£16 mill does seem steep I won't deny that, but that's the market unfortunately. If played correctly, he will be a good player for us.
Whoever on 12:18 - Sep 25 with 1810 viewscmajack

Should never have signed clucas after signing mesa the money should have been better spent elsewhere. It's no good people saying it's not his position cause that's where the manager is playing him.would prefer mesa or britton in that role
Whoever on 12:23 - Sep 25 with 1805 viewsFlashberryjack

Whoever on 22:45 - Sep 24 by Brynmill_Jack

I have to say that out of position or not he showed nothing yesterday. People on here slagged off Borja , I would have asked questions had we got this boy for £5 million let alone nearly 15!

Aprox £42 Million spent on 3 players, one out on loan, one on the bench and one hooked off at half time.

Someone or all of our recruitment team needs f*cking with a rag mans trumpet.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Whoever on 12:37 - Sep 25 with 1796 viewsheadcleaner

As badly as some of the players performed especially in the first half on the weekend the mess we all witnessed was down to the tactics (or lack of) and the shape and that's down to the manager then his coaching staff. I'd love to see their notes and what they worked on during the build up.

Clucas was ineffective and even if he was out of position that's even more of a worry if the manager doesn't know his best most effective position. If the team is struggling I can deal with that but the one thing I hate from a Swansea side is a lack of effort or not closing down or trying to play their way into a game. Saturday I felt sorry for the back three as they had nothing happening in front of them at all the movement was poor and the shape was narrow. Again the blame can only be the coaching for that. Let's not kid ourselves had the personnel been different and the shape Watford were there for the taking.

Clucus is in his mid 20's so not a rookie kid and I would expect more for my money. There are plenty of midfielders half his fee would have put in a far better shift so far and it's fair to say that his time so far has been underwhelming. Who knows how long we will go before things change on and off the pitch.
Whoever on 15:59 - Sep 25 with 1720 viewsDafyddHuw

Whoever on 10:05 - Sep 25 by max936

Can somebody please explain what the club saw in Clucas to make them think

"Oh, I know, let's sign that Clucas fella for £15M. We've been watching him for a while and he's so good at..." - sorry, I couldn't complete the sentence.
Whoever on 17:51 - Sep 25 with 1672 viewsjasper_T

Whoever on 15:59 - Sep 25 by DafyddHuw

Can somebody please explain what the club saw in Clucas to make them think

"Oh, I know, let's sign that Clucas fella for £15M. We've been watching him for a while and he's so good at..." - sorry, I couldn't complete the sentence.

Did he score against us?
Whoever on 18:17 - Sep 25 with 1650 viewsclloy2

Whoever on 11:18 - Sep 25 by TheResurrection

Well give him facking 10 games then instead of throwing him under the bus after half an ordinary one.

Man up FFS. If you feel something say it without the bit at the end, oh I'm hoping to be proved wrong, or give him ten games.... At least Angry Jack doesn't mess about with all that shit at the end. Have the courage of your convictions or give him a chance.

Have to agree, lets see a run of games from him in his rightful position (attacking left sided mid) before we right him off.
Whoever on 18:20 - Sep 25 with 1649 viewsicecoldjack

Whoever on 11:18 - Sep 25 by TheResurrection

I've done about 4 posts on the guy and everyone has been constructive, not once in those 4 posts did i believe i said "hopefully he proves me wrong etc, etc"

what i said was he's not worth the money, hides from the ball and seems to lack confidence .

All of which many sane people woould agree with. Hoping he improves is of course something that goes without saying, problem is on here muppets such as your self think everything is black and white, it;s not . All shades of grey see boy .

Not one poster i can think of sets out to hate any Swans player, like you did with Siggy and llorente, most of us take each game and judge what they see on that 90 min performance, when somebody is poor for quite a lot of 90 min performances then we fans pick up on that too.

A good example of how daft you look when you do your normal "paint myself into a corner" post, runs as a real list of shame.
1. Bob Bradly and how he needs to be given time, it's the players not him who's sh1t.
2. Sell Siggy in January because he's sh1t
3. Sell Llorente in January because he's also sh1t
4. Hull are a far better team look what they did by selling their best players, yes, they got relegated mate, so therefore were sh1t

So, please ,no lectures fella, you know the square root of fook all most of the time. I make points on players game per game and hope next game i'm wrong, like 99.9% other fans ,it's what makes a forum fun, though you probably don't see it that way as you like to only deal in absolutes...absolute rubbish most of the time.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2017 18:36]
Whoever on 18:29 - Sep 25 with 1633 viewsDarran

Whoever on 18:20 - Sep 25 by icecoldjack

I've done about 4 posts on the guy and everyone has been constructive, not once in those 4 posts did i believe i said "hopefully he proves me wrong etc, etc"

what i said was he's not worth the money, hides from the ball and seems to lack confidence .

All of which many sane people woould agree with. Hoping he improves is of course something that goes without saying, problem is on here muppets such as your self think everything is black and white, it;s not . All shades of grey see boy .

Not one poster i can think of sets out to hate any Swans player, like you did with Siggy and llorente, most of us take each game and judge what they see on that 90 min performance, when somebody is poor for quite a lot of 90 min performances then we fans pick up on that too.

A good example of how daft you look when you do your normal "paint myself into a corner" post, runs as a real list of shame.
1. Bob Bradly and how he needs to be given time, it's the players not him who's sh1t.
4. Hull are a far better team look what they did by selling their best players, yes, they got relegated mate, so therefore were sh1t

So, please ,no lectures fella, you know the square root of fook all most of the time. I make points on players game per game and hope next game i'm wrong, like 99.9% other fans ,it's what makes a forum fun, though you probably don't see it that way as you like to only deal in absolutes...absolute rubbish most of the time.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Whoever on 18:40 - Sep 25 with 1623 viewsBorojack

Whoever on 22:50 - Sep 24 by angryjack

I'm a lover not a fighter only angry with Clement at this moment

Were you angry with him when we stayed up last season.
Football is full of ups and downs.
If you want to be happy Jack go and support Man City.
If your going to moan all the time can you at least try and be slightly constructive occasionally.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Whoever on 18:41 - Sep 25 with 1623 viewsJackflack

I despair, I really do.
10 games in should give us an idea how this squad is going to settle.
Far too early to write players off.
Players who don't look up to it can, when used properly, become a valuable asset to the team/squad. Fernandez a classic example.
Clement has, no doubt, made mistakes this season and it doesn't help all of the above.
So ffs... give it time mun.

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Whoever on 19:26 - Sep 25 with 1586 viewsharryhpalmer

The "hasn't put a foot wrong" (©The resurrection) manager has to take the majority of the blame for that shambolic first half.

Diabolical tactics. poor selection.

Clucas is not a holding midfielder. He is not the player to make us play the Swansea way from the back.

It's the aged-old Trundle question. Why buy a player and then either play him out of position or in a way that doesn't utilise what made you want to buy him in the first place.

If he has any role in this team it as competition to Carroll on the left.

But why we forked out £16m on him, when we could have gone for Chalobah for £5m is the question we should be asking.

If we are going to play the possession game we know and love then Clement saw from Stoke onwards what he needs in the team. Players like Leon, Mesa, Ki. Players who can keep the ball; rotate possession; and bring tempo to our play, which means getting balls into space, and the space in front not closed down early because we create the gaps by moving players out of position and do it quickly.

All I saw first half was us playing like a shit Pullis side. long balls, looking for free kicks. and then pumping said free kicks in to the box in hope of getting a goal.

At least with a Pullis side you have an organised and balanced midfield.

And why did Clement wait until half time to make the change. So he could show the players on the tactics board? fcuk off. we should have been buried before half time we so were crap. and by then it would have been too late.

He needs to pull his head out of his arse before West Ham. He was told at Watford last season. He was told again on Saturday against the same opponents. It doesn't have to be Leon. but that's the kind of footballer and tactics he needs to employ on the pitch.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Whoever on 19:30 - Sep 25 with 1580 viewsDarran

Whoever on 18:41 - Sep 25 by Jackflack

I despair, I really do.
10 games in should give us an idea how this squad is going to settle.
Far too early to write players off.
Players who don't look up to it can, when used properly, become a valuable asset to the team/squad. Fernandez a classic example.
Clement has, no doubt, made mistakes this season and it doesn't help all of the above.
So ffs... give it time mun.

I can't lie looking at our fixtures I can see us in a much worse position after 10 games the way things are. I don't hold much hope for 3 of our next 4 if I'm honest.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Whoever on 20:21 - Sep 25 with 1529 viewslonglostjack

Whoever on 18:20 - Sep 25 by icecoldjack

Hell of a post that one.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Whoever on 20:23 - Sep 25 with 1522 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

His movement towards the ball from the back was good but he never looked as it he wanted the ball only to drag players away - that only works if receiving the ball is actually an option not constantly coming for the ball and pointing for it to go elsewhere
3 and the back needs the centre halfs to carry the ball from the back occasionally not just play a 2 yard ball to someone who clearly wasn't looking to get it with any intention of moving the ball further up the pitch
I think as an option in Carrolls role he has potential from seeing it last season however if we're looking at playing him as the deep lying midfielder we'll not get the ball forward quick enough - not yet anyway and we haven't got time to wait for him to adjust. If we are playing away for a point like spurs and have no real intention of attacking apart from on the counter he will most likely do a solid job but at the moment he offers nothing in terms of breaking up play and restarting attacks which we need someone to do a la Leon

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024