Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers and KH 09:12 - Nov 20 with 14291 viewsgeraldo

Does our manager really understand about strikers? What I mean is instinctive players who are goal poachers. We haven't had one since Scot Hogan and yet a team like Oldham who until Saturday I would have rated below us, fielded two who both feature in the top strikers in Lg 1 - one of them who scores a goal per game.
We had Redshaw ( for some reason) who scored 4 on Saturday but let him go after scoring a hat trick in a friendly. Steve Davies is our best striker and he got 10 minutes game time on Saturday - if fit he should start every game.
We picked up our biggest ever windfall this season from the Hogan sell on but have spent sweet fa - maybe the Board don't trust KH's judgement?
Strikers and KH on 13:00 - Nov 23 with 1765 viewsaleanddale

Strikers and KH on 12:48 - Nov 23 by BigDaveMyCock

Apologies but am I reading you right? Are you suggesting we build a team around him?

well now he has signed an extension yes we need to consider what works best with him in the side?

what we need IMO is more pace - out wide - also a fox in box ( Hendo? / Done? ) feeding off him.

really think we have overcomplicated it of late but we look laboured moving the ball forward - we are to easy to defend against.

you not happy with the Calvin extension Dave?
Strikers and KH on 22:57 - Nov 23 with 1538 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Strikers and KH on 13:00 - Nov 23 by aleanddale

well now he has signed an extension yes we need to consider what works best with him in the side?

what we need IMO is more pace - out wide - also a fox in box ( Hendo? / Done? ) feeding off him.

really think we have overcomplicated it of late but we look laboured moving the ball forward - we are to easy to defend against.

you not happy with the Calvin extension Dave?

I'm with Chaff on this, on the basis of what?

I'm sorry but if our strategy is going to be to feed-off Calvin's flick-ons then we really are fooked. Can someone please tell me the date when we jettisoned trying to play proper football and instead opted for the easy option of feeding off flick ons. Such a shame because it served us really well playing football.

It's lazy and shite football.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 23:02]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Strikers and KH on 23:06 - Nov 23 with 1520 viewsscarrow

The goal v Charlton was quick paced, quick fire. Sharp passing. Too often this season it's been laboured and slow in the build up meaning that defenders have time to regroup.

Poll: Final position

Strikers and KH on 23:16 - Nov 23 with 1506 viewsD_Alien

Strikers and KH on 23:06 - Nov 23 by scarrow

The goal v Charlton was quick paced, quick fire. Sharp passing. Too often this season it's been laboured and slow in the build up meaning that defenders have time to regroup.

And tbf I think that's what (one the things) that KH had in mind in his post-match interview when he spoke about the team responding in the way he wished

It's probably a false analysis to say we've stopped playing football to rely on flick-ons, and Calvin's contract extention isn't a reflection of the way we're going to be set up. He can play the ball on the deck pretty well for someone his size, and frequently does so, but I agree it's annoying when the midfield and defence aren't adept at providing the ball to feet rather than in the air - that's the problem, which has largely come about through the loss of ball-playing personnel, not that it's a strategy as such

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Strikers and KH on 07:36 - Nov 24 with 1424 viewsaleanddale

Strikers and KH on 22:57 - Nov 23 by BigDaveMyCock

I'm with Chaff on this, on the basis of what?

I'm sorry but if our strategy is going to be to feed-off Calvin's flick-ons then we really are fooked. Can someone please tell me the date when we jettisoned trying to play proper football and instead opted for the easy option of feeding off flick ons. Such a shame because it served us really well playing football.

It's lazy and shite football.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 23:02]

I can see both sides but he has now signed so we better shape up...

Not necessarily flick on's but feed off Calvin's hold up play. Similar to the Hendo away to Oldham chance at 1-1.

slick passing - held up by Calvin who makes to be fair a good incisive through ball to Hendo. ( should have done better ).

Anyway I am glad he has signed because when he is fully fit and fully integrated he is a handful although I do like most wish he was more prolific.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024