Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! 17:22 - Feb 1 with 56581 viewsunion_jack

Don't forget that the SCSA is holding an open meeting tonight at The Cwmfelin Club starting at 7-00 pm.

Please try and make it if you can and support the cause.

We are expecting ITV Wales to be there and broadcasting live from 6-30 I believe. Also we are expecting some local political presence.

The future of our club is important and the SCSA are working hard to ensure it is a prosperous one.

Please come along if you can.

Hopefully see some of you there.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 22:49 - Feb 2 with 2246 viewsDarran

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 22:46 - Feb 2 by TheResurrection

"""And it is thought it brings an end to any active role in the daily management and operation of the football club for Dineen, though he will retain a position as vice-chairman."""

"""Dineen is understood to also keep his role as chairman of the club’s community trust and also retaining an advisory role at the club if and when required"""

He’s looking after the community trust and the stadium.

He still has a role at the club.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 22:56 - Feb 2 with 2223 viewsscruffyjack

Jesus wept
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 22:57 - Feb 2 with 2214 viewsTheResurrection

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 22:49 - Feb 2 by union_jack

Opinions aside, congratulations on your new arrival.

Thank you Tim but we're still waiting for him.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 22:58 - Feb 2 with 2203 viewsTheResurrection

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 22:49 - Feb 2 by E20Jack

Dont bother with him, hes bonkers and on one tonight it seems.

Congrats to you and the missus big fella.

Cheers in advance old mucker 👍

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 23:02 - Feb 2 with 2174 viewsTheResurrection

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 22:49 - Feb 2 by Darran

He’s looking after the community trust and the stadium.

He still has a role at the club.

Can the Trust confirm this as it contradicts to what was reported.

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 23:05 - Feb 2 with 2172 viewsDarran

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 23:02 - Feb 2 by TheResurrection

Ask them.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 23:08 - Feb 2 with 2161 viewsSwanzay

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 22:57 - Feb 2 by TheResurrection

Thank you Tim but we're still waiting for him.

Stop posting on here then and support your wife, somethings a far more important! Congrats btw..
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 23:17 - Feb 2 with 2134 viewsFireboy2

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 22:25 - Feb 2 by TheResurrection

It's not weird mate, the Mrs is giving birth.

Dangerous,

You, the SCSA or anyone else cannot take any credit for the upturn in form, only Carlos and the players can. You also cannot say your protests have not affected them, simply because no protests were even noticeable

However, you also cannot say that the threat of promises definitely would not affect the players and this is where I oppose, strongly. And it's not just me, it's a huge sway of our support.

I understand your reasons for protesting and I admire you taken the time to stand up for the Club at Trust meetings, believe me I really do. In a perfect world scenario now we wouldn't have Jenkins or Dineen, well he's gone anyway so I don't know why anyone keeps mentioning him, we would just have people running the Club that knew what they were doing and making good decisions.

However, let's get back to reality. You said something along the lines of if the sellers had sold properly we wouldn't be in this mess. You could never ever know this. I can't allow anyone to make fairytale comments without correcting them. I also don't think, at least on the face of it, we are in the big mess, petulant fans state we are. We still seem to be living within our means and we are still breaking club records.

You can't throw your toys out of your pram and throw them back in. There's good things happening at the Club also.

We are also seeing the true potential of what our squad could have achieved all season and I will make this statement, which also can't be proved, but I'm bloody certain it would have been the case. We would not have seen any protest groups had we been knocking on the quarter finals of the cup and say in the top half of the league. I would be prepared to call fans liars if they say differently.

For me, like you I'm sure, I want to see a much stronger Trust. I've been knocking on their door over the last few days begging them again to step up to the mark as I feel they are failing us again.

We shouldn't need protest groups if the Trust became the organisation they should be, it's as simple as that. They can still respect their status as a shareholder whilst growing a pair of kahunas. Simple. Just do it.

So, I've asked on here and the Union have been in touch with me and said they would honour a ceasefire on match days, full stop. Nothing before, nothing after, but then to carry on externally of this as they please.

I am asking the people of your group to do the same thing.

We will have plenty of time to achieve whatever it is your group fundamentally needs, although I will stress, you will need a much better plan of succession than the nothing you've got now.

We can't allow the Americans free reign and carte blanche on making decisions. We just can't. We'll sink.

All the best with the anxiety and stress, I don't suffer with this, don't overly understand it but know it affects people quite badly and a good state of mind is the least we can all hope for.

Peace to you. Respect Carlos and the many, many fans who just want no distractions during this tricky period.

SCFC one love.

Good post res

Now get back to your wife you muppet
Login to get fewer ads

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 23:21 - Feb 2 with 2114 viewsTheUnion

Dangerous,

You, the SCSA or anyone else cannot take any credit for the upturn in form, only Carlos and the players can. You also cannot say your protests have not affected them, simply because no protests were even noticeable

However, you also cannot say that the threat of promises definitely would not affect the players and this is where I oppose, strongly. And it's not just me, it's a huge sway of our support.

I understand your reasons for protesting and I admire you taken the time to stand up for the Club at Trust meetings, believe me I really do. In a perfect world scenario now we wouldn't have Jenkins or Dineen, well he's gone anyway so I don't know why anyone keeps mentioning him, we would just have people running the Club that knew what they were doing and making good decisions.

However, let's get back to reality. You said something along the lines of if the sellers had sold properly we wouldn't be in this mess. You could never ever know this. I can't allow anyone to make fairytale comments without correcting them. I also don't think, at least on the face of it, we are in the big mess, petulant fans state we are. We still seem to be living within our means and we are still breaking club records.

You can't throw your toys out of your pram and throw them back in. There's good things happening at the Club also.

We are also seeing the true potential of what our squad could have achieved all season and I will make this statement, which also can't be proved, but I'm bloody certain it would have been the case. We would not have seen any protest groups had we been knocking on the quarter finals of the cup and say in the top half of the league. I would be prepared to call fans liars if they say differently.

For me, like you I'm sure, I want to see a much stronger Trust. I've been knocking on their door over the last few days begging them again to step up to the mark as I feel they are failing us again.

We shouldn't need protest groups if the Trust became the organisation they should be, it's as simple as that. They can still respect their status as a shareholder whilst growing a pair of kahunas. Simple. Just do it.

So, I've asked on here and the Union have been in touch with me and said they would honour a ceasefire on match days, full stop. Nothing before, nothing after, but then to carry on externally of this as they please.

We will have plenty of time to achieve whatever it is your group fundamentally needs, although I will stress, you will need a much better plan of succession than the nothing you've got now.

We can't allow the Americans free reign and carte blanche on making decisions. We just can't. We'll sink.

All the best with the anxiety and stress, I don't suffer with this, don't overly understand it but know it affects people quite badly and a good state of mind is the least we can all hope for.

Peace to you. Respect Carlos and the many, many fans who just want no distractions during this tricky period.

SCFC one love.

Chris congratulations on your new arrival.

Please don’t twist what you and my colleague in The Union spoke about earlier. The only agreement was not protesting during the game. We will continue before and possibly after. Plans are well underway for the Burnley game.
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 23:28 - Feb 2 with 2090 viewsUxbridge

Doesn't contradict anything the Trust has said, at least. I said this on here a few weeks ago at least. Dineen is still involved in the club, still vice chair and acting as a consultant.

I can't fathom why to be honest, and when the Trust met Pearlman a while back I said his retained involvement is counterproductive in terms of fan engagement. Which it clearly is. However they have retained him.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! (n/t) on 23:41 - Feb 2 with 2059 viewslonglostjack

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 22:49 - Feb 2 by union_jack

Opinions aside, congratulations on your new arrival.

[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 23:42]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 23:43 - Feb 2 with 2053 viewslonglostjack

Dangerous,

SCFC one love.

Congratulations. Enjoy the moment.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 23:54 - Feb 2 with 2029 viewsSwanzay

Can you just concern yourself with your wife and all that, far more important things for the next couple of weeks
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 00:00 - Feb 3 with 2015 viewsswancity

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 23:28 - Feb 2 by Uxbridge

Doesn't contradict anything the Trust has said, at least. I said this on here a few weeks ago at least. Dineen is still involved in the club, still vice chair and acting as a consultant.

I can't fathom why to be honest, and when the Trust met Pearlman a while back I said his retained involvement is counterproductive in terms of fan engagement. Which it clearly is. However they have retained him.

' Counterproductive in terms of fan engagement '

What on earth does that mean in English please ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 00:06 - Feb 3 with 2003 viewsPozuelosSideys

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 19:57 - Feb 1 by swanseacityx

I am proven right.

Said it all along.

The SCSA is a storm in a teacup.

The SCSA is pointless and does not help anyone.

There is growing discontent with the SCSA on social media...they have blocked many accounts.

They are rattled over the printing contract they awarded to themselves with fans money for 5000 leaflets that ended up in the bin.

100 fools there tonight.

Save your money...save your time...support the team in our fight to stay in the league.

'kin hell. You are thick, fair play.

Saying things, then agreeing with yourself isnt being proven "correct". It makes you a non-entity on the internet who is clearly worried about whats coming.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 00:16 - Feb 3 with 1988 viewsATFV

Dangerous,

SCFC one love.

Firstly I didn’t claim we were taking credit for the upturn in form - the point was any protesting (and there’s been very little of it during games and I don’t advocate it) clearly wasn’t hindering the efforts on the pitch. That upturn is down to CC and his players. Whatever the fortunes in timing of his availability it still remains that Jenkins appointed him and that is to be applauded. It has given us a chance.

Secondly, selling responsibly would have given us that security and safety - that’s not a fairytale, it is reality. A Trust shareholding of 25% would have made so much difference and yet the sellers snubbed and ignored all efforts to make that happen. Instead they sold 75% voting rights and changed the Artuckes of Association, leaving those Americans that you berate so much in total control. They did that, they dismantled all of the safeguards and left us at the mercy of people you keep telling us are not fit to run the club.

As for the Trust they’ve been placed in a Trust tough position by the sellers and treated like dirt by the buyers. The next move by the Trust is crucial because there can be no peace until OUR £20m stake in the club is either properly protected or cashed in - watching that stake get reduced to nothing is totally unacceptable.

I’m genuinely curious here though; you say the Trust are again failing us and you want them to step up to the mark. What is it you want them to do? Because it seems like you are suggesting the Trust should “make a stand” or “fight back” - but that would be the total opposite to your “do nothing and be grateful” stance that you’ve bullishly been pushing for some time now.

Edited to add: Congrats on the impending arrival, a point I originally missed!
[Post edited 3 Feb 2018 0:21]
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 00:55 - Feb 3 with 1934 viewsexhmrc1

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 00:16 - Feb 3 by ATFV

Firstly I didn’t claim we were taking credit for the upturn in form - the point was any protesting (and there’s been very little of it during games and I don’t advocate it) clearly wasn’t hindering the efforts on the pitch. That upturn is down to CC and his players. Whatever the fortunes in timing of his availability it still remains that Jenkins appointed him and that is to be applauded. It has given us a chance.

Secondly, selling responsibly would have given us that security and safety - that’s not a fairytale, it is reality. A Trust shareholding of 25% would have made so much difference and yet the sellers snubbed and ignored all efforts to make that happen. Instead they sold 75% voting rights and changed the Artuckes of Association, leaving those Americans that you berate so much in total control. They did that, they dismantled all of the safeguards and left us at the mercy of people you keep telling us are not fit to run the club.

As for the Trust they’ve been placed in a Trust tough position by the sellers and treated like dirt by the buyers. The next move by the Trust is crucial because there can be no peace until OUR £20m stake in the club is either properly protected or cashed in - watching that stake get reduced to nothing is totally unacceptable.

I’m genuinely curious here though; you say the Trust are again failing us and you want them to step up to the mark. What is it you want them to do? Because it seems like you are suggesting the Trust should “make a stand” or “fight back” - but that would be the total opposite to your “do nothing and be grateful” stance that you’ve bullishly been pushing for some time now.

Edited to add: Congrats on the impending arrival, a point I originally missed!
[Post edited 3 Feb 2018 0:21]

great post nige this really is the crux of the matter. Because of the actions of the sellers the buyers can introduce new shares thereby diluting the value the trust shares. The trust shares would be of very little value and would not put the trust in a position to purchase the club in future should everything go wrong. Effectively the position would be as it was pre Petty.

I can understand the Res position but it is far more complicated than he makes it out to be. If people had followed his position then Petty would never have been removed.

There is also the history of the actions of Levien and Kaplan in the US. Levien has been with a number of sports clubs including the 76ers. Siince being involved with DC United they have built a ground. Thorir has since put his shares up for sale. The same applies for Kaplan. There were problems and delays over him acquiring a major share in Minnessota Timberwolves.

It is highly likely when the lease for the ground is obtained and if the Swans avoid relegation they will sell the club at a very large profit. This follows on from what happened in DC United.

Realistically the only option available to the trust is the full sale of its shares. In this way it would be able to step in if the same problem happened as in the past.

On a personal note I am sorry to hear of your problem and wish you all the best with your recovery. Looking on the bright side at least you wont have to put up with me like previously.
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 01:16 - Feb 3 with 1920 viewsTheResurrection

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 00:55 - Feb 3 by exhmrc1

great post nige this really is the crux of the matter. Because of the actions of the sellers the buyers can introduce new shares thereby diluting the value the trust shares. The trust shares would be of very little value and would not put the trust in a position to purchase the club in future should everything go wrong. Effectively the position would be as it was pre Petty.

I can understand the Res position but it is far more complicated than he makes it out to be. If people had followed his position then Petty would never have been removed.

There is also the history of the actions of Levien and Kaplan in the US. Levien has been with a number of sports clubs including the 76ers. Siince being involved with DC United they have built a ground. Thorir has since put his shares up for sale. The same applies for Kaplan. There were problems and delays over him acquiring a major share in Minnessota Timberwolves.

It is highly likely when the lease for the ground is obtained and if the Swans avoid relegation they will sell the club at a very large profit. This follows on from what happened in DC United.

Realistically the only option available to the trust is the full sale of its shares. In this way it would be able to step in if the same problem happened as in the past.

On a personal note I am sorry to hear of your problem and wish you all the best with your recovery. Looking on the bright side at least you wont have to put up with me like previously.

A couple of things here.

The 25% was never an option and shouldn't be discussed.

Secondly, comparing this situation with the Petty one is where everyone is going wrong.

World's apart, financial galaxies....

Baby boy. 8lbs 15.5, another little Jack is born..... And before the sanctimonious preach on, the Mrs is doing fine. Us men don't get enough credit for all the hanging around mun 😉⚽❤

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 08:06 - Feb 3 with 1778 viewsFireboy2

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 01:16 - Feb 3 by TheResurrection

A couple of things here.

Secondly, comparing this situation with the Petty one is where everyone is going wrong.

Baby boy. 8lbs 15.5, another little Jack is born..... And before the sanctimonious preach on, the Mrs is doing fine. Us men don't get enough credit for all the hanging around mun 😉⚽❤

Congrats

And i cant believe you are expecting credit as you caused her to be in hospital
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 08:52 - Feb 3 with 1730 viewsexhmrc1

A couple of things here.

The problem is that there are basically 2 options. The option you want is doing nothing in which case the Americans just continue doing as they are and eventually the trust share becomes worthless or take action to try and ensure the future of the club which is what SCSA are doing.

The problem is there isn't really an option to wait until the end of the season. Doing so puts the Americans in a stronger position once they have the lease on the ground

Legal action takes many months and you cannot turn it on and off like a tap. It will very likely occur sometime during the season. Last year the Trust put off the legal action vote until the summer yet the position is still ongoing.

Relegation is going to happen at some point. The Swans are currently the 10th longest serving members of the Premier league. 2 of the clubs who have been longer are also fighting relegation namely Stoke and West Brom. The other 7 sides are massive clubs who really are in a league of their own financially.

Congratulations on your new arrival.
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 08:52 - Feb 3 with 1730 viewsMattG

A couple of things here.

Congratulations on the new arrival, Chris - hope mother and baby (and father) are doing well. 👏👏👏

I guess you'll have other things on your mind for a while but just on the 25%, the Trust has said on more than one occasion that they wrote to the other major shareholders requesting exactly that but never even got the courtesy of a reply.

"The letter of the 18th March was not the only communication from the Trust which was met with silence by the selling shareholders. In order to better protect the Trust’s position within the club, a request was made to each of the selling shareholders that they should sell the Trust a small fraction of their shareholdings in order to take our stake up to 25%. Such an act would have completed and cemented the legacy of the previous shareholders and added weight to their often repeated desire to protect the football club. Again, the Trust received no response to that letter."

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2017/12/31/detailed-trust-response-to-huw-jenkins-i

It may not have been an option in the eyes of the sellers on the basis that it would have reduced the value of their shares but it's disingenuous to say that it shouldn't be discussed.
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 09:13 - Feb 3 with 1702 viewsBobby_Fischer

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 08:52 - Feb 3 by exhmrc1

The problem is that there are basically 2 options. The option you want is doing nothing in which case the Americans just continue doing as they are and eventually the trust share becomes worthless or take action to try and ensure the future of the club which is what SCSA are doing.

The problem is there isn't really an option to wait until the end of the season. Doing so puts the Americans in a stronger position once they have the lease on the ground

Legal action takes many months and you cannot turn it on and off like a tap. It will very likely occur sometime during the season. Last year the Trust put off the legal action vote until the summer yet the position is still ongoing.

Relegation is going to happen at some point. The Swans are currently the 10th longest serving members of the Premier league. 2 of the clubs who have been longer are also fighting relegation namely Stoke and West Brom. The other 7 sides are massive clubs who really are in a league of their own financially.

Congratulations on your new arrival.

The Americans are going nowhere until they decide they want to.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 09:15 - Feb 3 with 1703 views3swan

A couple of things here.

Congratulations to the both of you. Enjoy the moments
SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 09:44 - Feb 3 with 1660 viewsshandyjack

A couple of things here.

congrats Chris

Poll: Expectation for the season

SCSA MEETING TONIGHT!! on 10:15 - Feb 3 with 1602 viewsSwanzay

Congrates on the new arrival!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024