Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dunphy on the pitch 20:46 - Feb 8 with 5745 viewsDevonDale

Great response to all the noise being generated by Spurs/Pochettino about our pitch

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-fa-cup/story/3376475/rochdale-chairman-ca
Dunphy on the pitch on 20:51 - Feb 8 with 5692 views100notout

Good on you Mr Chairman!!!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Dunphy on the pitch on 20:52 - Feb 8 with 5685 viewsrobtheb

League two Rochdale?????????????
Dunphy on the pitch on 21:12 - Feb 8 with 5540 views442Dale

While it’s good to see Dale make statements in the national media in response to others, the opportunity to address the club’s fans directly via the OS should be taken too. If there’s a plan, let’s hear it. If we are getting support, what will it entail?

That pitch remains deserving of criticism, the efforts to correct it over the last ten days deserve all the plaudits too, but within it all we need to be accountable as a club and strive to improve.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dunphy on the pitch on 21:13 - Feb 8 with 5535 viewsdingdangblue

Well said that man!
I don't know that much about re laying a football pitch but the weather forecast for all week is rain/sleet generally awful. Even if Spurs offer to pay for it to be done is it even feasible in bad weather? I'm guessing the FA subsidising pitch maintenance involves the inflatable pitch cover hire?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dunphy on the pitch on 21:15 - Feb 8 with 5516 views442Dale

Dunphy on the pitch on 21:13 - Feb 8 by dingdangblue

Well said that man!
I don't know that much about re laying a football pitch but the weather forecast for all week is rain/sleet generally awful. Even if Spurs offer to pay for it to be done is it even feasible in bad weather? I'm guessing the FA subsidising pitch maintenance involves the inflatable pitch cover hire?

Was thinking that: any relaying of the surface can take place underneath the dome. We know it works.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dunphy on the pitch on 21:54 - Feb 8 with 5309 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dunphy on the pitch on 20:52 - Feb 8 by robtheb

League two Rochdale?????????????

Hey,we're not there yet.....give us a break!
Dunphy on the pitch on 21:58 - Feb 8 with 5260 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dunphy on the pitch on 21:15 - Feb 8 by 442Dale

Was thinking that: any relaying of the surface can take place underneath the dome. We know it works.

Sounds like re-laying may be an option......see how it looks after the Fleetwood game and take it from there?
Dunphy on the pitch on 22:16 - Feb 8 with 5190 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Dunphy on the pitch on 21:12 - Feb 8 by 442Dale

While it’s good to see Dale make statements in the national media in response to others, the opportunity to address the club’s fans directly via the OS should be taken too. If there’s a plan, let’s hear it. If we are getting support, what will it entail?

That pitch remains deserving of criticism, the efforts to correct it over the last ten days deserve all the plaudits too, but within it all we need to be accountable as a club and strive to improve.

You're right, the communication from the Club needs to improve.

Chris Dunphy and Russ Green have both been reacting to comments which are very embarrassing to the club and undermine the progress the club has made in the last 15-20 years. As things stand, we face the prospect of going into one of the biggest games ever played at Spotland being portrayed as 'little, old Rochdale' with the worst pitch in the Football League: with no mention of the fact that we have had two pitches laid in the last 18 months or any of the other positive progressions we have made as a club. Frankly, it makes us look ridiculous.

I would suggest the onus falls more on Russ Green, as a paid Chief Executive, to have been pre-empting the inevitable negative publicity and getting a statement out regarding the pitch and what work has gone on over the last 18 months.

It is now a case of damage limitation so that the Club is portrayed in the best possible light on national TV. Let's hope much can now be done in the next 10 days.
Login to get fewer ads

Dunphy on the pitch on 22:24 - Feb 8 with 5142 viewsD_Dale

Dunphy on the pitch on 21:13 - Feb 8 by dingdangblue

Well said that man!

I can't but wish he'd been less bullish. It can't be denied that under his watch the pitch has been worse than the pitches of other north-west clubs (even those in the Evo-Stick league!)

Also, there's every possibility that the next ten days or so will see a lot of cold, wet weather. In normal circumstances, there could have been a risk to the matches arranged for the coming Saturday and a week on Sunday. It seems a little risky to defend the pitch's playability when there could be the embarrassment of more postponements.

I'm a great admirer of Mr Dunphy. We are fortunate to have him, rather than someone who regards the club as a vanity project, or a tax exile who lives abroad for most of the year, or a dodgy businessman, or a Shanghai-based consortium, or one of those whose allegiances move from one club to another (wasn't Mr Levy, who has a controlling stake in Spurs, once a Rangers director?).

But he might simply have said he understood the Spurs concerns and that a lot of hard work was going into remedying the problem as all at Dale were looking forward to upsetting the form book on February the 18th. [I see Dale are 14 to 1 to win]
Dunphy on the pitch on 22:47 - Feb 8 with 5027 viewsD_Alien

Dunphy on the pitch on 22:24 - Feb 8 by D_Dale

I can't but wish he'd been less bullish. It can't be denied that under his watch the pitch has been worse than the pitches of other north-west clubs (even those in the Evo-Stick league!)

Also, there's every possibility that the next ten days or so will see a lot of cold, wet weather. In normal circumstances, there could have been a risk to the matches arranged for the coming Saturday and a week on Sunday. It seems a little risky to defend the pitch's playability when there could be the embarrassment of more postponements.

I'm a great admirer of Mr Dunphy. We are fortunate to have him, rather than someone who regards the club as a vanity project, or a tax exile who lives abroad for most of the year, or a dodgy businessman, or a Shanghai-based consortium, or one of those whose allegiances move from one club to another (wasn't Mr Levy, who has a controlling stake in Spurs, once a Rangers director?).

But he might simply have said he understood the Spurs concerns and that a lot of hard work was going into remedying the problem as all at Dale were looking forward to upsetting the form book on February the 18th. [I see Dale are 14 to 1 to win]

Excellent post

I suspect the officials of Rochdale FC are about to receive a crash course in being in the glare of national publicity, if its not already started

Management of communications is everything. Whilst the club have hitherto been only too ready to keep their decisions close to their chests, even those which have no sporting, commercial or financial advantage in doing so, they'll now find that being proactive in information management has advantages they could never have dreamed of. I hope this will be carried forward into the future, but suspect that once the media spotlight has dimmed again, they may recoil back into their default mode which would be a great shame

As for the next 7-10 days, hang onto yer hats!
[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 22:52]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dunphy on the pitch on 22:51 - Feb 8 with 5005 viewsfitzochris

Dunphy on the pitch on 22:47 - Feb 8 by D_Alien

Excellent post

I suspect the officials of Rochdale FC are about to receive a crash course in being in the glare of national publicity, if its not already started

Management of communications is everything. Whilst the club have hitherto been only too ready to keep their decisions close to their chests, even those which have no sporting, commercial or financial advantage in doing so, they'll now find that being proactive in information management has advantages they could never have dreamed of. I hope this will be carried forward into the future, but suspect that once the media spotlight has dimmed again, they may recoil back into their default mode which would be a great shame

As for the next 7-10 days, hang onto yer hats!
[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 22:52]

The club doesn’t really have anyone qualified to deal with media and communications at this level, sadly.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Dunphy on the pitch on 23:16 - Feb 8 with 4869 viewsscarrow

poor pampered premier league players. wait to they see the away changing room, it’ll be a far cry from premier league ones I’d imagine

Poll: Final position

Dunphy on the pitch on 23:18 - Feb 8 with 4856 viewsboromat

I'm loving it let them talk about the pitch all they want. Hopefully we'll concentrate on the football and the circus will keep Spurs distracted.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Dunphy on the pitch on 23:43 - Feb 8 with 4764 viewsD_Alien

Dunphy on the pitch on 23:18 - Feb 8 by boromat

I'm loving it let them talk about the pitch all they want. Hopefully we'll concentrate on the football and the circus will keep Spurs distracted.

They've got Arsenal and Juventus to distract them

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dunphy on the pitch on 23:58 - Feb 8 with 4714 viewsboromat

Dunphy on the pitch on 23:43 - Feb 8 by D_Alien

They've got Arsenal and Juventus to distract them

And our pitch

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Dunphy on the pitch on 00:00 - Feb 9 with 4712 viewsdingdangblue

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/42996945

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5534514/tottenham-face-roc

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Dunphy on the pitch on 03:36 - Feb 9 with 4558 viewsfrenzied

100,000 holes?

Wasn't that mentioned in a Beatles song?..altho I think they were somewhere in Blackburn?
Dunphy on the pitch on 03:44 - Feb 9 with 4554 viewsfrenzied

Completely agree with that..middle of the road statement would have been better
Dunphy on the pitch on 08:38 - Feb 9 with 4176 viewsScunnydale

Dunphy on the pitch on 22:16 - Feb 8 by RespectTheChemistry

You're right, the communication from the Club needs to improve.

Chris Dunphy and Russ Green have both been reacting to comments which are very embarrassing to the club and undermine the progress the club has made in the last 15-20 years. As things stand, we face the prospect of going into one of the biggest games ever played at Spotland being portrayed as 'little, old Rochdale' with the worst pitch in the Football League: with no mention of the fact that we have had two pitches laid in the last 18 months or any of the other positive progressions we have made as a club. Frankly, it makes us look ridiculous.

I would suggest the onus falls more on Russ Green, as a paid Chief Executive, to have been pre-empting the inevitable negative publicity and getting a statement out regarding the pitch and what work has gone on over the last 18 months.

It is now a case of damage limitation so that the Club is portrayed in the best possible light on national TV. Let's hope much can now be done in the next 10 days.

Russ or Dunphy could have pre-empted the inevitable furore about the pitch, but it would have made little difference to the likes of TalkSport. They have a narrative, especially when it comes to FA Cup matches like this.

*Very little (if anything) was in the media about the pitch pre-Millwall.
*Pictures surface of our pitch during the game.
*Certain media outlets latch on to it, and realise it fulfils the narrative of top PL players having to 'join in' the hoofball with lower league hoofers.
*Other media outlets latch on to it.
*It gets to Pocchetino who, originally, said very little.
*Pocchetino gets asked a 'better' question about player safety, to which he's duty bound to say he cares about.
*Those same media outlets then have enough quotes to produce the headlines we have seen these past few days.

I may, of course, have missed the headlines about Russ Green's impassioned defence of our pitch and how, actually, it played okay on Tuesday.
Dunphy on the pitch on 08:49 - Feb 9 with 4128 viewsdingdangblue

Dunphy on the pitch on 08:38 - Feb 9 by Scunnydale

Russ or Dunphy could have pre-empted the inevitable furore about the pitch, but it would have made little difference to the likes of TalkSport. They have a narrative, especially when it comes to FA Cup matches like this.

*Very little (if anything) was in the media about the pitch pre-Millwall.
*Pictures surface of our pitch during the game.
*Certain media outlets latch on to it, and realise it fulfils the narrative of top PL players having to 'join in' the hoofball with lower league hoofers.
*Other media outlets latch on to it.
*It gets to Pocchetino who, originally, said very little.
*Pocchetino gets asked a 'better' question about player safety, to which he's duty bound to say he cares about.
*Those same media outlets then have enough quotes to produce the headlines we have seen these past few days.

I may, of course, have missed the headlines about Russ Green's impassioned defence of our pitch and how, actually, it played okay on Tuesday.

I notice they are all saying we've just dumped a load of sand on top of the surface. Not much mention of the intensive 'drill and fill' process that actually happened.

Dunphy on the pitch on 12:13 - Feb 9 with 3685 viewsdingdangblue

This one is better- Dunphy's quotes about the drill and fill - and confirmation the pitch will be protected all week with the inflated cover. This hints that there will be no re-lay before the Spurs game.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/rochdale-chairm

Dunphy on the pitch on 12:18 - Feb 9 with 3648 views100notout

Haven't we still got "the Dome" to protect the pitch from the elements? If so Dunphy is right to be bullish about the game proceeding.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Dunphy on the pitch on 12:22 - Feb 9 with 3626 viewsSuddenLad

Dunphy on the pitch on 12:13 - Feb 9 by dingdangblue

This one is better- Dunphy's quotes about the drill and fill - and confirmation the pitch will be protected all week with the inflated cover. This hints that there will be no re-lay before the Spurs game.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/rochdale-chairm

There is also the suggestion that the FA are contributing to the cost of the repairs and remedial work, via a subsidy. That's good news.

Shame that the money from the billionaires playground of the Premiership doesn't trickle down to where it's needed.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dunphy on the pitch on 14:27 - Feb 9 with 3346 viewsMolly

I like the title of this thread. It's a lot better than a hundred brain dead idiots on the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024