Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At What Point..... 23:29 - Feb 23 with 20972 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Do you think our club will stop hating its fans?

I cant think of many other clubs that would have given the manager so little stick after such a garbage league campaign.

The sacked in the morning rant.

Cant be arsed opening late or Saturday to allow fans to buy tickets.

Most expensive coach prices in the town to go to Wembley.

The new club catch phrase 'Don't come back'.

This isn't a moan, I am genuinely interest in the current marketing strategy of the club?

Is home fan revenue so insignificant now that its to much trouble to bother?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

At What Point..... on 09:47 - Feb 25 with 3360 viewsAtThePeake

At What Point..... on 23:19 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

Sorry you feel that way ATP. To my mind though, I just don't get it. I think that people are projecting all their frustrations with everything on the club. It's circular thinking and damaging and hurts everyone.

If you don't like it, man up and do something. Join the board.

You don't have to get it CD - although I do think you're missing my point a bit.

The club isn't in the same position as a Blackpool or Coventry, if it was then I would be more angry than disillusioned. If that was the case I would then perhaps be willing to 'do something' or 'man up.'

I simply think the club is so apathetic towards it's own fans that are willing to support them and help in other ways (I've been a goldbond agent in the past, I've helped Mark out with contributions to TVOS, I've offered up my help in other ways only to be quite literally sneered at by club employees) that I have grown tired of giving so much of my time and money to supporting it.

Fans shouldn't have to take steps as drastic as 'joining the board' in order to have a football club they are proud to support without being repeatedly told to 'stay away' by it's employees. Joining the board would consume huge amounts of my time and money and I'm not in a position to do that right now. Suggesting every fan who is disillusioned with their football club should 'join the board' is an incredibly naive solution.

Tangled up in blue.

At What Point..... on 11:53 - Feb 25 with 3229 viewsSuddenLad

At What Point..... on 09:47 - Feb 25 by AtThePeake

You don't have to get it CD - although I do think you're missing my point a bit.

The club isn't in the same position as a Blackpool or Coventry, if it was then I would be more angry than disillusioned. If that was the case I would then perhaps be willing to 'do something' or 'man up.'

I simply think the club is so apathetic towards it's own fans that are willing to support them and help in other ways (I've been a goldbond agent in the past, I've helped Mark out with contributions to TVOS, I've offered up my help in other ways only to be quite literally sneered at by club employees) that I have grown tired of giving so much of my time and money to supporting it.

Fans shouldn't have to take steps as drastic as 'joining the board' in order to have a football club they are proud to support without being repeatedly told to 'stay away' by it's employees. Joining the board would consume huge amounts of my time and money and I'm not in a position to do that right now. Suggesting every fan who is disillusioned with their football club should 'join the board' is an incredibly naive solution.

'Repeatedly told to stay away'.

I interpreted the comment you refer to, to be aimed at those 'supporters' who make adverse and negative comments towards the team and players during the course of the match and whose comments are affecting either the individual players, or the overall performance of the team.

I've heard the comments he refers to, not necessarily every match, but on several occasions. Definitely, they were uttered at the MK Dons match. Probably others have heard them as well.

Most of us who hear them just 'roll our eyes', or respond with a 'give it a rest' or even laugh because they are sometimes ludicrous. Whilst the comments aren't necessarily abusive, they are derogatory and certainly unhelpful. Clearly, they are borne out of frustration at what supporters see as avoidable errors or lack of concentration, or even lack of ability.

Some remarks on Wednesday referred to 'laziness', which I think is bang out of order, following the efforts of last Sunday.

These comments from the stands and terraces are obviously not welcome and I think the manager has every right to express his opinion if he feels they are affecting individuals or team confidence and/or performance.

I'd not be bothered if one or two supporters who sit within my earshot were absent more frequently. They have been the same for years. It's become a habit with them. Perhaps they are blissfully unaware of the effect they have. Players aren't deaf, nor immune when unjustified criticism comes their way.

If some supporters expect perfection and faultless performances, Spotland isn't the place to be.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

At What Point..... on 12:17 - Feb 25 with 3209 viewsAtThePeake

At What Point..... on 11:53 - Feb 25 by SuddenLad

'Repeatedly told to stay away'.

I interpreted the comment you refer to, to be aimed at those 'supporters' who make adverse and negative comments towards the team and players during the course of the match and whose comments are affecting either the individual players, or the overall performance of the team.

I've heard the comments he refers to, not necessarily every match, but on several occasions. Definitely, they were uttered at the MK Dons match. Probably others have heard them as well.

Most of us who hear them just 'roll our eyes', or respond with a 'give it a rest' or even laugh because they are sometimes ludicrous. Whilst the comments aren't necessarily abusive, they are derogatory and certainly unhelpful. Clearly, they are borne out of frustration at what supporters see as avoidable errors or lack of concentration, or even lack of ability.

Some remarks on Wednesday referred to 'laziness', which I think is bang out of order, following the efforts of last Sunday.

These comments from the stands and terraces are obviously not welcome and I think the manager has every right to express his opinion if he feels they are affecting individuals or team confidence and/or performance.

I'd not be bothered if one or two supporters who sit within my earshot were absent more frequently. They have been the same for years. It's become a habit with them. Perhaps they are blissfully unaware of the effect they have. Players aren't deaf, nor immune when unjustified criticism comes their way.

If some supporters expect perfection and faultless performances, Spotland isn't the place to be.

There isn't a football club in this country where the players and management aren't criticised by some supporters on a near-weekly basis. I've even been down to the Etihad twice this season and heard City fans moaning when the team haven't scored in the first 20 minutes. It's just the way football fans are. The difference is employees at most other clubs can rise above ill-judged comments from supporters and act in a professional way rather than reacting in an equally immature and critical way themselves.

I'd also suggest the manager and players are perhaps deserving of at least a degree of criticism this season anyway. We are bottom of the league after all.

Tangled up in blue.

At What Point..... on 12:24 - Feb 25 with 3195 viewsSuddenLad

At What Point..... on 12:17 - Feb 25 by AtThePeake

There isn't a football club in this country where the players and management aren't criticised by some supporters on a near-weekly basis. I've even been down to the Etihad twice this season and heard City fans moaning when the team haven't scored in the first 20 minutes. It's just the way football fans are. The difference is employees at most other clubs can rise above ill-judged comments from supporters and act in a professional way rather than reacting in an equally immature and critical way themselves.

I'd also suggest the manager and players are perhaps deserving of at least a degree of criticism this season anyway. We are bottom of the league after all.

Yes, we're bottom and personal insults are probably the least likely way to increase confidence or improve individual performances.

What happens elsewhere is irrelevant to Dale games.

Unless they react like Cantona or Diouf.

At What Point..... on 12:27 - Feb 25 with 3177 views442Dale

At What Point..... on 12:24 - Feb 25 by SuddenLad

Yes, we're bottom and personal insults are probably the least likely way to increase confidence or improve individual performances.

What happens elsewhere is irrelevant to Dale games.

Unless they react like Cantona or Diouf.

We all agree on that. It’s that the manager pointing it out achieves nothing but further bad feeling.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

At What Point..... on 12:42 - Feb 25 with 3149 viewsSuddenLad

He hasn't created any bad feeling or ill will from my point of view. Surely, his job is to do what he feels is best for the players, the team and the club. If that means asking people to temper their comments, so be it. You don't 'support' anyone in any walk of life by berating them unnecessarily.

Only those who spout drivel and make unhelpful comments are the subject of his remarks.

I can't understand why anyone should be 'offended' by remarks that don't apply to them. Baffling.

At What Point..... on 12:50 - Feb 25 with 3123 viewsDaleFan7

If it affects the players so much, the odd fan shouting something at them then they're in the wrong profession. We get tiny crowds and to be honest as a whole have a very forgiving fan base. If they were playing for another team who were putting the drivel on the pitch that we've seen in the league this season then they'd almost certainly have it a lot worse from the crowd then they do at Dale. Surely they aspire as professional footballers to play at a higher level in front of bigger crowds. If they can't handle it at Dale how would they handle it anywhere else. That goes for the manager as well.

His comments are not helpful and really are completely pointless. He must know deep down we've been downright crap this season, some fans will be unhappy about that, they're paying customers at the end of the day, they will be. But it's only a few people doing it, it's not like all 2,500 home fans are booing in unison at the end of every game. They're adults, they're professionals, the odd comment from a disgruntled fan should not cause that much friction between the manager, players and fans as a whole.
At What Point..... on 12:56 - Feb 25 with 3104 viewsAtThePeake

At What Point..... on 12:42 - Feb 25 by SuddenLad

He hasn't created any bad feeling or ill will from my point of view. Surely, his job is to do what he feels is best for the players, the team and the club. If that means asking people to temper their comments, so be it. You don't 'support' anyone in any walk of life by berating them unnecessarily.

Only those who spout drivel and make unhelpful comments are the subject of his remarks.

I can't understand why anyone should be 'offended' by remarks that don't apply to them. Baffling.

For what it's worth I wasn't particularly referring specifically to the comments by Hill, but also from comments heard from directors earlier in the season, certain things I've seen and heard about the directors in the last year or two and the lack of response to issues raised by supporters.

I'm far from 'offended' by Hill's comments, but I do think they're indicative of the general attitude of the club and it's employees towards the fans that pay their wages.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

At What Point..... on 13:13 - Feb 25 with 3061 views442Dale

At What Point..... on 12:56 - Feb 25 by AtThePeake

For what it's worth I wasn't particularly referring specifically to the comments by Hill, but also from comments heard from directors earlier in the season, certain things I've seen and heard about the directors in the last year or two and the lack of response to issues raised by supporters.

I'm far from 'offended' by Hill's comments, but I do think they're indicative of the general attitude of the club and it's employees towards the fans that pay their wages.

Exactly. They don’t offend me at all. It just does Hill or the club no favours.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

At What Point..... on 13:41 - Feb 25 with 3003 viewsnordenblue

At What Point..... on 13:13 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

Exactly. They don’t offend me at all. It just does Hill or the club no favours.

As someone else commented the other day,its a bit ironic Hilly complaining about others complaining.....
At What Point..... on 13:42 - Feb 25 with 3002 viewsD_Alien

Ken Boon referred in an earlier post to the club perhaps having a "0 fan" model of finance. And therein, possibly, lies some of the arrogance and contempt on display towards fans (i make no distinction between fans and customers)

Whilst not in itself a bad thing, given the low level of our traditional fanbase, this financial model would break down in the blink of an eye if our supply of saleable players dried up

It wasn't so much a "0 fan" financial model i had in mind though, as much as a situation where fans turn their backs on the club - this thread alone is evidence it's happening. And when dads & mums stop taking their sons & daughters, the future of the club is at stake since those sons and daughters have an infinitely greater variety of options for spending money than previous generations. Would they even care if we drew a cup tie against Spurs? They wouldn't even know what it meant

Those who pretend this isn't a problem, or that people are being too precious about it, have an unrealistic view of how fragile the future generation of support might be. We also need to be aware that the input of finance from directors is equally fragile. No-one denies it's kept us afloat through bad times - but the ONLY reason for them to put their hand in their pocket is if the club has a viable future, and that is entirely down to whether there's a fanbase to cater for

I'm optimistic about the future of the club, but there has to be a change of attitude from the manager and board of directors - not for our sake, but for theirs too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

At What Point..... on 13:51 - Feb 25 with 2967 viewskel

At What Point..... on 12:42 - Feb 25 by SuddenLad

“I can't understand why anyone should be 'offended' by remarks that don't apply to them. Baffling.”

Snort! Nearly spat my brew out then!

There you go again with your double standards.
At What Point..... on 14:02 - Feb 25 with 2933 viewsDaleFan7

At What Point..... on 13:51 - Feb 25 by kel

“I can't understand why anyone should be 'offended' by remarks that don't apply to them. Baffling.”

Snort! Nearly spat my brew out then!

There you go again with your double standards.

A bit like Hill going off on one about the catering staff getting sacked in the morning, ey
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 14:17]
At What Point..... on 14:53 - Feb 25 with 2827 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

At What Point..... on 14:02 - Feb 25 by DaleFan7

A bit like Hill going off on one about the catering staff getting sacked in the morning, ey
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 14:17]

Or the stick he gave Andy Cannon very publically for two years or saying Kitching needs to stop behaving like a 14 year old boy!

I know I mentioned it in the opening post, but I cant think of any other fans who would be so forgiving and not turn on the team or manager in what has been a shocking league campaign. Mick McCarthy is getting dogs abuse at Ipswich for being half way up the championship.

In his head its his party and his party only.

Hopefully someone within the club will have the balls to tell him that finishing bottom of the table and getting relegated isn't very good and as he is manager he's the only person responsible for it, no one else!
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 14:59]

At What Point..... on 14:58 - Feb 25 with 2810 viewsDaleFan7

At What Point..... on 14:53 - Feb 25 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Or the stick he gave Andy Cannon very publically for two years or saying Kitching needs to stop behaving like a 14 year old boy!

I know I mentioned it in the opening post, but I cant think of any other fans who would be so forgiving and not turn on the team or manager in what has been a shocking league campaign. Mick McCarthy is getting dogs abuse at Ipswich for being half way up the championship.

Hopefully someone within the club will have the balls to tell him that finishing bottom of the table and getting relegated isn't very good and as he is manager he's the only person responsible for it, no one else!

Won't happen, the club are too scared of losing him. He'd probably throw his toys out of the pram if someone higher in the club had a word with him that he didn't like.
At What Point..... on 17:01 - Feb 25 with 2667 viewskiwidale

At What Point..... on 14:53 - Feb 25 by SteTsGoldenBoot

If a manager was to be judged on his personality alone then Keith Hill would always have his detractors. Hill is an enigma on one hand he has given us the best 10 years most can remember which in itself is telling. Top half finishes in div 1 is seen quite rightly as a golden age for Rochdale football club, a club with no history of success and a club with little or no expectations. Hill and Rochdale has been a perfect fit but perhaps both Hill and the club have found that their limitations are equally suited in that neither is capable of any further progression, any other manager at any other club would have been sacked by now. Can he get us out of this mess? probably not, should we stick with him? probably yes. Can he repeat his success next year in Div 2? I don't know but if we find our self in the same situation next year he will be gone and rightly so.

This is not the time for bickering.

At What Point..... on 17:13 - Feb 25 with 2631 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

At What Point..... on 17:01 - Feb 25 by kiwidale

If a manager was to be judged on his personality alone then Keith Hill would always have his detractors. Hill is an enigma on one hand he has given us the best 10 years most can remember which in itself is telling. Top half finishes in div 1 is seen quite rightly as a golden age for Rochdale football club, a club with no history of success and a club with little or no expectations. Hill and Rochdale has been a perfect fit but perhaps both Hill and the club have found that their limitations are equally suited in that neither is capable of any further progression, any other manager at any other club would have been sacked by now. Can he get us out of this mess? probably not, should we stick with him? probably yes. Can he repeat his success next year in Div 2? I don't know but if we find our self in the same situation next year he will be gone and rightly so.

I absolutely think he should be manager next season, he has earned that right.

Can I think of another manager that I would rather have at the club? No.

Do I think that this is the right time to wrestle the club from being the Keith Hill private members club back to being Rochdale Football Club, absolutely yes.

At What Point..... on 22:08 - Feb 25 with 2446 viewsSandyman

At What Point..... on 12:50 - Feb 25 by DaleFan7

If it affects the players so much, the odd fan shouting something at them then they're in the wrong profession. We get tiny crowds and to be honest as a whole have a very forgiving fan base. If they were playing for another team who were putting the drivel on the pitch that we've seen in the league this season then they'd almost certainly have it a lot worse from the crowd then they do at Dale. Surely they aspire as professional footballers to play at a higher level in front of bigger crowds. If they can't handle it at Dale how would they handle it anywhere else. That goes for the manager as well.

His comments are not helpful and really are completely pointless. He must know deep down we've been downright crap this season, some fans will be unhappy about that, they're paying customers at the end of the day, they will be. But it's only a few people doing it, it's not like all 2,500 home fans are booing in unison at the end of every game. They're adults, they're professionals, the odd comment from a disgruntled fan should not cause that much friction between the manager, players and fans as a whole.

Nail on head DaleFan7 - well said.
At What Point..... on 12:35 - Feb 26 with 2287 viewsParkinsGimp

At What Point..... on 09:36 - Feb 24 by Barrowdale

4 of us wont renew next year if that pr1ck wont turn the shite tannoy down or off. We want to chat to each other at half time, discuss the game, orher scores not have heads blasted. We have emailed the club but they dont seem interested. My 80yr old mum has already stopped as it gives her headache. All because of one self important manc bell end TURN IT DOWN

Watch it the little turd will be calling you a paedo next ! Tannoyboy is part of the problem at this club. If he were to be replaced then people could see ( and hear) that the club have the fans at heart, sadly I think this little plastic manc is teflon proof for some reason.
At What Point..... on 22:19 - Feb 27 with 2044 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 09:47 - Feb 25 by AtThePeake

Well, I think my point was to suggest the club are run as best they can be by the people it is run by. Our/your frustrations about repeated mistakes are forgiveable, what are you gonna do? The club has a catchment of the average Tesco Metro, where the cheese often runs bare.

All I'm saying, is that you want to see RAFC run like some kind of hyped up military/commercial operation then so be it. Organise it. I ain't. I think the team do great.
At What Point..... on 23:18 - Feb 27 with 1993 viewsCamdenDale

Ratcliffe, Kilpatrick, Dunphy and Hill. These are the guys. Now, if we are to go forward, or stay in the FL at all, then we find replacements. It's not, my season ticket has been sat in my someone else is it? Or I don't like this or that.

THIS.STUFF.DOES.NOT.HAPPEN.BY.MAGIC.
At What Point..... on 00:13 - Feb 28 with 1930 viewsCamdenDale

I've left arguments/massive holes anyone could drive a whole truck through here, and just for fun, but no-one wants to. So, to the OP, do you think our club will stop hating its fans?
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 0:16]
At What Point..... on 09:57 - Feb 28 with 1715 viewsseasidedale

Lets draw a line, we have all moaned and groaned about various things this season, its time we got past this and get together as one, fans, board,players ect and remember we are team Rochdale, and a big effort from all (me included) and push on, there is still alot to play for.
Up the Dale forever !!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024