Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of contract Championship players this July. 15:34 - Mar 21 with 10414 viewsEsox_Lucius

http://sportsmancs.com/championship-players-will-available-free-transfer-summer/

Realistically I would like to see Burton's Hope Akpan in the hoops; the rest would be too expensive or "not for us" IMO.

The grass is always greener.

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 07:12 - Mar 22 with 2493 viewsrsonist

Bear in mind the majority of the good players on this list are those that have had seasons written off to long term injury. I'd forgotten about Moses Odubajo for instance, great a couple years ago.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 08:30 - Mar 22 with 2435 viewssimmo

Jordan Graham at Wolves a decent winger that I think would be involved in their first team more if they hadn't bought super wingers from Europe. Not that we're short of wingers necessarily, but he's young and has potential.

Teddy Bishop a tidy player from Ipswich academy, although after initially rating him highly I assume he's dropped off a little else they wouldn't have let his contract run down. Not sure if he's been injured long term?

Adam Hammill can be a class above on his day but not sure he's worth the potential trouble as he's also a bit of a scally.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 10:28 - Mar 22 with 2374 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 08:30 - Mar 22 by simmo

Jordan Graham at Wolves a decent winger that I think would be involved in their first team more if they hadn't bought super wingers from Europe. Not that we're short of wingers necessarily, but he's young and has potential.

Teddy Bishop a tidy player from Ipswich academy, although after initially rating him highly I assume he's dropped off a little else they wouldn't have let his contract run down. Not sure if he's been injured long term?

Adam Hammill can be a class above on his day but not sure he's worth the potential trouble as he's also a bit of a scally.

‘Teddy Bishop’

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 10:35 - Mar 22 with 2366 viewsNorthernr

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 19:12 - Mar 21 by Lblock

Ryan Fredericks? Big mistake by the Fools there - class player.

Abel Hernandez @ Dull City I'm sure we were linked with before - not bad but probably £££Wages

McGoldrick from Ipswich is a player I think we'd be in for and could be a good fit. I have reservations about injuries though

Pablo Hernandez - mustard!

I do however think we'll be looking from a league below due to wage constraints.
I'm surprised we've not sought to resolve Robbo and Ned in terms of in or out purely so we can plan ourselves. I'm also of the opinion Robbo will go and immediately become a zero from a hero, Ned may stay for a reduced wage and a three year deal but if Saints get relegated and they keep Hughesless that may be his destination.

I'm surprised we don't have more out of contract TBH

Well we bombed half a dozen of ours out in January remember - Caulker, RGC, Darbyshire, Borysiuk etc.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 13:07 - Mar 22 with 2251 viewsloneranger1

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 20:29 - Mar 21 by MedwayR

None of them stand out as potential signings, other than Yiadom who is likely to get better offers than us & as Clive pointed out would be a threat to Furlong's progress.

What do we actually need to sign should be considered first and I can only see cover at RB being needed with a CF if one is available at the right price etc. I'm assuming Onouha will stay and Robinson will go.

GK: Smithies, Ingram, Lumley
RB: Furlong, (Wheeler?)
CB: Hall, Onouha, Lynch, Baptiste
LB: Bidwell, Hamalainen
RW: Wszolek, Smyth, Wheeler
CM: Scowen, Luongo, Cousins, Manning, Goss
AM: Freeman, Eze, Chair
LW: Osayi-Samuel, Shodipo
CF: Smith, Sylla, Oteh

It could be a quiet summer for signings. I do wonder if something needs to give in the GK situation though, one of Ingram or Lumley may need a move to progress if Smithies isn't sold.

Edit: Added Cousins, cheers Aston
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 20:51]

I've given up on Washington too and am hoping that Onouha stays (accepting Robinson goes).

I wonder whether Kakay is going to get a chance to do before the end of the season -
likewise Hamalainen, who looked OK in his first few appearences (under JFH I think) but has not been involved since.

If they both go, as well as Perch and Robinson - and given Hall's injury record - I reckon we'll need at least another right-sided defender in the squad ahead of next season.

I imagine Goss will be off and Chair, Shodipo and Oteh could maybe go out on loan?
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 13:13 - Mar 22 with 2240 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not being a funny bastard, but how do people come to the conclusion X is going or Y is staying?

It seems like guesswork like quoting wages.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 13:24]
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 13:41 - Mar 22 with 2207 viewsstevec

Head for Hull... Abel Hernandez and Moses Odubajo.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 13:50 - Mar 22 with 2190 viewsNorthernr

Hernandez will be on north of 40k a week at Hull.
Login to get fewer ads

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 14:02 - Mar 22 with 2170 viewsstevec

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 13:50 - Mar 22 by Northernr

You serious, Bloody hell.

That's over 2 mill a season for playing at the bottom end of the Championship, probably just under half of Hull's entire gate receipts, criminal.

From a buyers point of view, 2 mill a season for a player who costs you nothing to sign, there's a fair to middling chance you'd get your money back eventually selling him? That, or he gets you promoted and the best part of £150 mill turnover hike. Or he hangs around stinking the place out on a 3 year contract and the club takes a £6 mill hit.
Who'd be a Chairman!
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 14:17 - Mar 22 with 2141 viewswhittocksRs

With no sense of what our wage limit is, I'm not sure who we can go for. Whatever happens, we're going to need supplies at the back and to find some goals from somewhere. Washington hasn't worked and should be sold with the money reinvested and we'll need some decent replacements for Ned and Robinson. Assume Sylla will also go, as will JET and some of the younger lads. Think losing the experience at the back will hurt us next season, and that we'll end up somewhere similar to this year.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 19:56 - Mar 22 with 2044 viewsdavman

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 13:50 - Mar 22 by Northernr

...but surely he'd play for a London club for £2.50 a week and a packet of Nobby's Nuts (chilli flavour, obvs.)?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 22:17 - Mar 22 with 1962 viewsHoopsarrr

Max Clark left back from Hull City. Decent player, good back up for Bidwell.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 22:30 - Mar 22 with 1959 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Suppose we could sign Darren Pratley from Bolton. Just so he doesn't score against us next year. Is it me or does this fecker always seems to get one against us
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 00:16 - Mar 23 with 1923 viewskensalriser

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 22:30 - Mar 22 by dodge_stoke_r

Suppose we could sign Darren Pratley from Bolton. Just so he doesn't score against us next year. Is it me or does this fecker always seems to get one against us

On that note, can we sign Lloyd Dyer? If we don't, another Champ club will, ensuring he scores his annual goal against us.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 01:09 - Mar 23 with 1898 viewsVancouverHoop

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 14:17 - Mar 22 by whittocksRs

With no sense of what our wage limit is, I'm not sure who we can go for. Whatever happens, we're going to need supplies at the back and to find some goals from somewhere. Washington hasn't worked and should be sold with the money reinvested and we'll need some decent replacements for Ned and Robinson. Assume Sylla will also go, as will JET and some of the younger lads. Think losing the experience at the back will hurt us next season, and that we'll end up somewhere similar to this year.

I would hope we can find our way to retain Onuoha. If team/club stability is still important then so is he. At 31 he's probably not going anywhere above us for big money, he's well respected and a great role model for the young players coming through. Much needed in many ways I believe.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 10:05 - Mar 23 with 1811 viewsGloucs_R

I think we need a sensible squad, to me this would look like:

GK: Smithies, Ingram, Lumley - I would sell one of these.
RB: Furlong - defo need another RB to cover but Furlong needs to make the next 10 games his own.
CB: Hall, Onouha, Lynch, Baptiste, Robinson - I suspect Robinson will depart and we'll bring in one more to cover. Although so we have any lads in te U23 knocking on the door? IF Hall is fit then Onouha and Hall at CB, with Lynch and Baptiste to cover is fine if you play 4231.
LB: Bidwell, Hamalainen
RW: Wszolek, Smyth, Wheeler - I suspect if Wszolek has a good world cup, he could depart in the summer. Which would be a good opportunity for the other two lads.
CM: Scowen, Luongo, Cousins, Manning, Goss - I suspect if Luongo has a good world cup, he could depart in the summer. I'm happy with the midfield
AM: Freeman, Eze, Chair - personally I would send Chair on loan for a season.
LW: Osayi-Samuel, Shodipo - BOS needs to take his chance next year. Not sure we'll see Shodipo near the 1st team again
CF: Smith, Sylla, Oteh - Oteh goes out on loan. We selling Washington. Sylla plays the last 10 games and shows Ollie what he is actually capable of.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 12:12 - Mar 23 with 1768 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 20:35 - Mar 21 by aston_hoop

The thing is with Smithies is that he is one of the few players in our squad who is worth anything. Also from what I have seen of Lumley, if we get that offer for Smithies then we give Lumley a go. Its a risk but he looks bloody good and could be worth plenty with a run in our team! Otherwise, maybe we will give Kakay a new deal as backup right back, Cousins to add to that squad too as I still think he has a role to play. We still need a striker though and offloading both Washington and Sylla may be the only way we can fit one in.

Tend to agree, pretty sure Lumley is out of contract himself this summer though.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 21:06 - Mar 25 with 1601 viewsMedwayR

One that's not on the list but I believe will be out of contract, although his club have the option to extend by a year, is Cauley Woodrow who may be an option up front if he can do the lone role

Poll: Who’s better?

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 21:18 - Mar 25 with 1581 viewsgazza1

I would expect Onouha to be earning £40k per week....far too much for a player of his ability and a championship player - £10k at most.

I would spend 75% of our budget on a striker or two. We got cover elsewhere depending on what happens to Robinson & Onouha.

I would also try and 'out' 3 or 4 as well.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 21:21 - Mar 25 with 1574 viewsNorthernr

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 21:18 - Mar 25 by gazza1

I would expect Onouha to be earning £40k per week....far too much for a player of his ability and a championship player - £10k at most.

I would spend 75% of our budget on a striker or two. We got cover elsewhere depending on what happens to Robinson & Onouha.

I would also try and 'out' 3 or 4 as well.

Onuoha was on £40k a week to start with but renewed his contract post relegation and during the austerity period so I'd be surprised if it's still that.

75% of our budget would buy us Britt Assombalonga's shorts.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 21:26 - Mar 25 with 1562 viewsgazza1

How much then Norf??
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 21:30 - Mar 25 with 1561 viewsgazza1

Well, presumably, if we got rid of a few we could use that budget to sign forwards.....get rid of Washington, Onouha, looks like Robinson's on his bike, Silla and a couple more - thats a few quid on sales and another few quid of salaries.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 21:39 - Mar 25 with 1532 viewsEsox_Lucius

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 21:21 - Mar 25 by Northernr

Onuoha was on £40k a week to start with but renewed his contract post relegation and during the austerity period so I'd be surprised if it's still that.

75% of our budget would buy us Britt Assombalonga's shorts.

I believe he renegotiated to stay within the constraints we currently have because he didn't want to leave the club and knew that staying on his (then) current salary would mean his departure from QPR. One of the people I know at Loftus Road told me it was a 75% cut but I appreciate that that is mere hearsay. The way the club and players speak of him I wouldn't be surprised in the least if that story is true.

The grass is always greener.

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 21:40 - Mar 25 with 1531 viewsRoller

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 21:30 - Mar 25 by gazza1

Well, presumably, if we got rid of a few we could use that budget to sign forwards.....get rid of Washington, Onouha, looks like Robinson's on his bike, Silla and a couple more - thats a few quid on sales and another few quid of salaries.

If both Onuoha and Robinson leave then a replacement central defender must be the number 1 priority, only then can we look at a striker.

As for "get rid of Washington", has anyone shown any interest in him?

It is all hypothetical without knowing where we stand with regard to FFP for this season. I doubt that the January clear our was just for the hell of it.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 21:44 - Mar 25 with 1507 viewsNorthernr

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 21:26 - Mar 25 by gazza1

How much then Norf??

I reckon Onuoha on 20k or something in that region. Still a lot for a Championship centre back in his 30s on our budget.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024