Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans 22:10 - Mar 26 with 27625 viewsPhil_S

So then...forum aside this site has become a little bit of a walking disaster over the last year (and more) as someone pointed out the other day the site rarely gets updated with news since the last writer got fed up of the abuse of doing so..!

Anyway, the good (!) news is that I have a couple of people prepared to write and I have some time that I can devote to it again. What I dont want to happen is the site to become a regurgitation of news elsewhere although news elsewhere can of course create opinion articles.

The question though is what do you - the good readers of Planet Swans (or as seems to be the one person with endless usernames) - want to see from the site going forward?
Planet Swans on 23:14 - Mar 26 with 2217 viewsSwanjaxs

Planet Swans on 23:06 - Mar 26 by lifelong

With the summer around the corner we should have a bird and butterfly sighting section.

The magpies are squarking a bit... my red setter is going mental boss

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Planet Swans on 23:18 - Mar 26 with 2205 viewslifelong

Planet Swans on 23:14 - Mar 26 by Swanjaxs

The magpies are squarking a bit... my red setter is going mental boss

My garden has been taken over by Sparrows, great dogs Red Setters.
Planet Swans on 23:23 - Mar 26 with 2198 viewsthornabyswan

Planet Swans on 22:43 - Mar 26 by TheResurrection

I've seen a few posts from him but if he does come on, proper, I'm off!!

When you speak to him next can you remind him.he owes me 20 quid from a bet.
Be about 30 now with interest.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Planet Swans on 23:25 - Mar 26 with 2193 viewsSwanjaxs

Planet Swans on 23:18 - Mar 26 by lifelong

My garden has been taken over by Sparrows, great dogs Red Setters.

Hard work though lifey, got a Gorden setter too and they work like a effing magnet together... nightmare 🤨

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Planet Swans on 23:28 - Mar 26 with 2180 viewslifelong

Planet Swans on 23:25 - Mar 26 by Swanjaxs

Hard work though lifey, got a Gorden setter too and they work like a effing magnet together... nightmare 🤨

Many years ago I had a Red Setter Springer Spaniel cross, great working dog.
Planet Swans on 00:06 - Mar 27 with 2150 viewsEasternJack

Would be great if it worked properly on mobile devices

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Planet Swans on 00:27 - Mar 27 with 2124 viewsTheResurrection

Planet Swans on 00:06 - Mar 27 by EasternJack

Would be great if it worked properly on mobile devices

Use Opera if on Android. It has text reflow.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Planet Swans on 02:07 - Mar 27 with 2097 viewsLord_Bony

Planet Swans on 22:14 - Mar 26 by TheResurrection

You need to give me a regular feature.

I'd blow this place into a different Planet - Planet Resurrection - The Second Coming.

How much are you offering here??

Well I started off with 24k plus perks .

You get to meet Huw and friends in the directors box too.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans on 05:14 - Mar 27 with 2071 viewsDewi1jack

Have a classics section again like there used to be, with threads such as the "Invisible printing/ twin towers on a shirt"

Was always a good laugh when things got boring on here

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Planet Swans on 08:41 - Mar 27 with 2006 viewsjackportis

A few points from JP. It would be good to have an increased quota for minority groups as this site needs to reach out to the full community. Threads in a different language there's a great thought! We should also push and promote our MX achievement. There should be a student involvement with more left wing/Corbyn focus. This will help going into next decade. There should also be an online medic to "assist" with all the anxiety, depression that seems to be very common and shared with online members. Finally why not have a meal planner every week I never can decide what to have this may help.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Planet Swans on 09:09 - Mar 27 with 1985 viewsSTID2017

To see the rules applied fairly.
Particularly these two:

- Please respect your fellow posters and refrain from name calling and personal abuse
- Don't swear, post libellous, racist, homophobic, threatening or adult material or harass other users
To get back to the days when we could have a sensible exchange of views without the "Gang of Three" simultaneously trying (unsuccessfully) to humiliate other posters with who they didn't agree

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Planet Swans on 09:40 - Mar 27 with 1972 viewsLeonWasGod

Planet Swans on 23:06 - Mar 26 by lifelong

With the summer around the corner we should have a bird and butterfly sighting section.

Kind of like a naturist's corner?
Planet Swans on 09:45 - Mar 27 with 1959 viewsLeonWasGod

1. A bit more news/match reports/photo galleries would be good. Trouble is, it does need a lot of time and commitment to do it well. Loft for Words and TWTD are good examples I've seen of other fan sites.

2. Encourage people to blog a bit more too - decent ones though, not just whinges at the players.

3. More strict modding so the usual suspects don't derail every thread, although that is part of the unique 'charm' about this place too.
Planet Swans on 09:49 - Mar 27 with 1954 viewsSTID2017

Planet Swans on 09:45 - Mar 27 by LeonWasGod

1. A bit more news/match reports/photo galleries would be good. Trouble is, it does need a lot of time and commitment to do it well. Loft for Words and TWTD are good examples I've seen of other fan sites.

2. Encourage people to blog a bit more too - decent ones though, not just whinges at the players.

3. More strict modding so the usual suspects don't derail every thread, although that is part of the unique 'charm' about this place too.

Also it was common to move posts to the appropriate place (Non-Football posts in Football Only moved to Non-Football, etc) , as well as merging posts that were on the same subject (e.g. multiple "Naughton is Rubbish" etc)
Bring these back please

Planet Swans on 11:53 - Mar 27 with 1893 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans on 22:14 - Mar 26 by TheResurrection

You need to give me a regular feature.

I'd blow this place into a different Planet - Planet Resurrection - The Second Coming.

How much are you offering here??

Of course you are more than welcome to blog whenever you feel the need to do so...

How much am I offering? Wider exposure of your self proclaimed genius
Planet Swans on 11:58 - Mar 27 with 1885 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans on 09:45 - Mar 27 by LeonWasGod

1. This is definitely in scope (sorry I had to say that as it always makes me smile!) but match reports and galleries are essential to the site. We have access to some of the best photo galleries and we underuse them

2. Would love to see a real regular flow of blogs coming in - full blown opinion articles are key - anybody who wants to volunteer then just get in touch

Someone mentioned opinion articles and this is definitely what I can see. The last guy just regurgitated news that had appeared elsewhere (hence the criticism) - opinions around the breaking news is what is needed (i.e. "The loss of Bony will be felt hard because..." rather than "Bony injured")

Like the concept as well of an indepth match analysis after each game but that again takes time and commitment (any volunteers)

Mobile friendly version I believe is not far off completion
Planet Swans on 12:15 - Mar 27 with 1860 viewsmagicdaps10

Planet Swans on 11:53 - Mar 27 by Phil_S

Of course you are more than welcome to blog whenever you feel the need to do so...

How much am I offering? Wider exposure of your self proclaimed genius

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Planet Swans on 12:48 - Mar 27 with 1831 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Planet Swans on 22:43 - Mar 26 by TheResurrection

I've seen a few posts from him but if he does come on, proper, I'm off!!

Good to hear that Haydn's still going. Still taking his binoculars to games?

Has he stopped talking about "the lump of lard" up front for the Swans?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Planet Swans on 13:30 - Mar 27 with 1796 viewsNeath_Jack

Planet Swans on 09:09 - Mar 27 by STID2017

To see the rules applied fairly.
Particularly these two:

- Please respect your fellow posters and refrain from name calling and personal abuse
- Don't swear, post libellous, racist, homophobic, threatening or adult material or harass other users
To get back to the days when we could have a sensible exchange of views without the "Gang of Three" simultaneously trying (unsuccessfully) to humiliate other posters with who they didn't agree

www.mumsnet.com is the place you're looking for mate.

There's never been days on here you could have sensible exchange of views, going back to janet days, things always take a turn for the worst somewhere along the line. So lets not pretend that it used to be some forum utopia on here, it wasn't and never has been.

You need to remember one thing, this is the internet, don't take things so personally.

And as for your gang of three comment, what about your little brains trust gang, that cannot resist having a pop at the "gang of three"? That's ok is it? I can go back and find where you are abusive to posters if you wish (although you did delete your best/worst effort after i pulled you up on it)? Same as what i done for your butty magicdaps yesterday, he had to go for a lay down after it.

Grow up and get on with it ffs. Men are always going to disagree.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Planet Swans on 13:42 - Mar 27 with 1788 viewsjedijack

More than anything I would like to see it move to a new platform, away from this Fansnetwork crap.
Planet Swans on 13:43 - Mar 27 with 1787 viewsE20Jack

Planet Swans on 13:30 - Mar 27 by Neath_Jack

There's never been days on here you could have sensible exchange of views, going back to janet days, things always take a turn for the worst somewhere along the line. So lets not pretend that it used to be some forum utopia on here, it wasn't and never has been.

You need to remember one thing, this is the internet, don't take things so personally.

And as for your gang of three comment, what about your little brains trust gang, that cannot resist having a pop at the "gang of three"? That's ok is it? I can go back and find where you are abusive to posters if you wish (although you did delete your best/worst effort after i pulled you up on it)? Same as what i done for your butty magicdaps yesterday, he had to go for a lay down after it.

Another excellent post.

It seems it is an offense to be correct on this site. Be right too often and you become public enemy number one in which the task is no longer to engage in debate but look for any small part to try and prove wrong, even if threads become unreadable as a result.

The ignore function is something vastly underused and possibly under promoted.

So my improvement would be to make a sticky how to place someone on ignore and then those that continually moan about a single poster (or group of them) can be directed to said function as to not keep obsessively ruining debate and boring the forum to death with their bleating.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 13:47]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Planet Swans on 14:17 - Mar 27 with 1748 viewsTheFranchise

Reinstate my powers
Planet Swans on 14:22 - Mar 27 with 1741 viewsSTID2017

Planet Swans on 13:43 - Mar 27 by E20Jack

Another excellent post.

It seems it is an offense to be correct on this site. Be right too often and you become public enemy number one in which the task is no longer to engage in debate but look for any small part to try and prove wrong, even if threads become unreadable as a result.

The ignore function is something vastly underused and possibly under promoted.

So my improvement would be to make a sticky how to place someone on ignore and then those that continually moan about a single poster (or group of them) can be directed to said function as to not keep obsessively ruining debate and boring the forum to death with their bleating.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 13:47]

You, your mate Neathie and The Res can be as correct as you like.
No problem with that.
What does bother me is when others (whether their views are correct or not) are told to f*** off, called c**** and to a lesser extent called childish names like simpletons just because they don't agree with your views.
The Res is by far the worst exponent of this,
As for ruining debate, you do this as often as anyone, so don't be hypocritical.

Planet Swans on 14:27 - Mar 27 with 1736 viewsSTID2017

Apart from the post which as you say I quite rightly deleted (in which I did not swear), you will find no evidence of me being rude or abusive to other posters.
A forum is meant to be somewhere where we can exchange views forthrightly, but not in the manner that some choose to conduct themselves.

Planet Swans on 14:31 - Mar 27 with 1729 viewsSTID2017

BTW the "rules" are already there.
Just asking for them to be applied.
If you and the other members of your little clique don't like what I'm posting why don't you put me on ignore ?
Not something I'd ever do myself - defeats the object of a forum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024