Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch 10:38 - May 17 with 28524 viewsShun

I see pitch renovations are well underway. The club said earlier this year though that over the summer we were laying a pitch that would take a bit longer to lay but would last significantly longer (as in, a number of seasons instead of just one or half of one) and result in fewer postponements, a similar pitch to Wembley.

There’s no mention of that in the current article though, and Premier Pitches are mentioned who I believe were responsible for the past two pitches. Have the plans for the super pitch been scrapped?
Pitch on 02:48 - Aug 17 with 2228 viewskiwidale

Pitch on 00:05 - Aug 17 by TVOS1907

I used ‘nefarious’ to exaggerate the point, as you seemed to be missing it.

The rest of your post backs that up.

Im not missing the point? I understand your points and disagree with them. talking about missing the point and ignoring the obvious i.e. you took me to task about asking NBLG for a private message to hear the full story about what happened regarding the ground staff while completely ignoring your request that he do exactly that on here a public forum

Pitch on 11:27 - Aug 5 with 2010 views
TVOS1907

OK, but why not tell the full story instead of the constant cryptic and "I know what's going on" posts?
[Post edited 5 Aug 11:34]

Which is it? or am I missing the point again?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 3:18]

This is not the time for bickering.

Pitch on 06:23 - Aug 17 with 2156 viewsJames1980

How hard can it be for the club to release a comprehensive statement regarding the pitch or a due to yadda yadda yadda, we can't talk about the pitch.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Pitch on 08:16 - Aug 17 with 2085 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 02:48 - Aug 17 by kiwidale

Im not missing the point? I understand your points and disagree with them. talking about missing the point and ignoring the obvious i.e. you took me to task about asking NBLG for a private message to hear the full story about what happened regarding the ground staff while completely ignoring your request that he do exactly that on here a public forum

Pitch on 11:27 - Aug 5 with 2010 views
TVOS1907

OK, but why not tell the full story instead of the constant cryptic and "I know what's going on" posts?

Which is it? or am I missing the point again?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 3:18]

Yes, you are.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pitch on 09:41 - Aug 17 with 2015 viewsmacro

Should a business (and that’s what RAFC is) air it’s dirty laundry about the aftermath of the pitch fiasco in public - No
Pitch on 10:06 - Aug 17 with 1989 viewskiwidale

Pitch on 08:16 - Aug 17 by TVOS1907

Yes, you are.

That's put me in my place then... now will you answer my question why did you ask NBLG to tell the full story on what he knows about the pitch fiasco on here?
here it is -----> Pitch on 11:27 - Aug 5 with 2010 views
TVOS1907

Pitch on 10:13 - Aug 17 with 1970 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 10:06 - Aug 17 by kiwidale

That's put me in my place then... now will you answer my question why did you ask NBLG to tell the full story on what he knows about the pitch fiasco on here?
here it is -----> Pitch on 11:27 - Aug 5 with 2010 views
TVOS1907

I really can't be bothered explaining it to you if you can't work it out for yourself, especially as I've got the rest of the day in my sheltered life to be getting on with.

Pitch on 10:18 - Aug 17 with 1962 viewskiwidale

Pitch on 09:41 - Aug 17 by macro

Should a business (and that’s what RAFC is) air it’s dirty laundry about the aftermath of the pitch fiasco in public - No

This is getting tedious and silly nobody expects RAFC to reveal its "dirty laundry" an apt turn of phrase used perfectly I might add. What you are suggesting is that NBLG should "shut up" your words. That's a pretty convincing argument well done.

Pitch on 10:22 - Aug 17 with 1954 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 09:41 - Aug 17 by macro

That's not really the point, though, macro.

At no stage can I recall the club making any announcements about whether staff have resigned, been dismissed, appointed, or otherwise, yet one individual is taking it upon himself to put such information into the public domain when it is nothing to do with anyone except those concerned.

What his reasons are, I have no idea, but it is clear someone is leaking information (such as the rumour about people being dismissed/resigning) and this individual has decided to post it on here to show us he is 'in the know' and to stir up trouble.

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch on 10:23 - Aug 17 with 1952 viewskiwidale

Pitch on 10:13 - Aug 17 by TVOS1907

I really can't be bothered explaining it to you if you can't work it out for yourself, especially as I've got the rest of the day in my sheltered life to be getting on with.

Oh I see "you cant be bothered explaining it" line. Carry on then.

Pitch on 10:25 - Aug 17 with 1947 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 10:23 - Aug 17 by kiwidale

Oh I see "you cant be bothered explaining it" line. Carry on then.

I've explained it to macro instead, seeing as he's much less antagonistic and aggressive than your goodself.

Pitch on 11:41 - Aug 17 with 1862 viewsmacro

Pitch on 10:18 - Aug 17 by kiwidale

This is getting tedious and silly nobody expects RAFC to reveal its "dirty laundry" an apt turn of phrase used perfectly I might add. What you are suggesting is that NBLG should "shut up" your words. That's a pretty convincing argument well done.

NBLG is nothing but a sh1t stirrer so yes he should shut up. Well done Kiwi Dale the penny might have finally dropped
Pitch on 11:42 - Aug 17 with 1857 viewskiwidale

Pitch on 10:25 - Aug 17 by TVOS1907

I've explained it to macro instead, seeing as he's much less antagonistic and aggressive than your goodself.

"antagonistic and aggressive " am I? How would you describe your demeanour towards NBLG?

lets recap this thread again without raking over the coals from last season and airing any dirty laundry.

NBLG posted on this thread titled "Pitch" in answer to a question that.
"New pitch was never going in, I posted as much on this forum in February when they originally said it was going to be a new pitch. Make do and mend. Again."

442 then posted a link to a trust statement that said … “In the longer term, the pitch will be getting a full renovation in the Summer. A company has been booked to install a Fibresand pitch, with this company responsible for pitches at Wembley and Twickenham.” he added A company was booked for the work. Will the pitch now be a fibresand pitch?

NBLG then posted.It’s the existing indigenous soil base which originally had Fibresand ameliorated into it a few years ago with bits of drainage done here and there, though over the years lack of ‘topping up’ of the Fibresand coupled with the two returfings has seen the majority disappear. The reinforced turf used in February has been stripped off and Fibresand topped up to a much better level, with work taking around 5-6 days to complete and probably at a ballpark cost of around £50-60k including materials.

Worth noting a ‘new Fibresand pitch’ including new drainage and irrigation etc,which is what was originally communicated by the club, would take 3-4 weeks to complete and would cost up to £500k so whilst problems may not resurface immediately, don’t expect them to be a million miles away.

My question is who is right?

NBLG then went on to add
I believe the search is on for a third Head Groundsman in 6 months?

Later he added

Assistant groundsman also serving their notice as well, last one out switch off the lights.

At this stage nothing has been said that names or disparages any individual living or dead however other posters began asking questions. Shun for example asked " Was it our decision or theirs?

NBLG replied "Both of their own choice it seems." and later added " Believe a replacement has now been sorted, from Bolton Wanderers I believe.

Then it got weird when you posted "Or you just know and are enjoying the attention." and " OK, but why not tell the full story instead of the constant cryptic and "I know what's going on" posts? and "Well when you do find out, be sure to let us know."... for someone who wants it hushed up you're asking NBLG a lot of questions.

His final post on the subject was in answer to yet another question from you "Is this common knowledge? replied

"Yes, as both the new Head Groundsman and his assistant have had their positions at both Bolton and Oldham respectively advertised on their club websites." posting the following Links

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/august/vacancy-training-ground-senior-groundsma

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/august/14082018-vacancy-deputy-head-g

You then went on a crusade against me for having the temerity to ask some pertinent questions that you deemed inappropriate. NBLG 's crime was pointing out that the new Groundsman and his assistant had quit with no names mentioned. I've already mentioned NBLG has obviously got a bee in his bonnet but that still leaves the questions has RAFC now got a revolving door with grounds men? here today gone tomorrow just what is going on? I believe that you are too close to the club to be objective in the matter you do however do a great job as their apologist.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 12:18]

Pitch on 11:44 - Aug 17 with 1851 viewsmacro

Pitch on 10:22 - Aug 17 by TVOS1907

That's not really the point, though, macro.

At no stage can I recall the club making any announcements about whether staff have resigned, been dismissed, appointed, or otherwise, yet one individual is taking it upon himself to put such information into the public domain when it is nothing to do with anyone except those concerned.

What his reasons are, I have no idea, but it is clear someone is leaking information (such as the rumour about people being dismissed/resigning) and this individual has decided to post it on here to show us he is 'in the know' and to stir up trouble.

Exactly, the club don't have to state what's going on in relation to who is appointed etc

As for gravy boy as stated above he ought to shut up.
Pitch on 12:01 - Aug 17 with 1832 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 11:42 - Aug 17 by kiwidale

"antagonistic and aggressive " am I? How would you describe your demeanour towards NBLG?

lets recap this thread again without raking over the coals from last season and airing any dirty laundry.

NBLG posted on this thread titled "Pitch" in answer to a question that.
"New pitch was never going in, I posted as much on this forum in February when they originally said it was going to be a new pitch. Make do and mend. Again."

442 then posted a link to a trust statement that said … “In the longer term, the pitch will be getting a full renovation in the Summer. A company has been booked to install a Fibresand pitch, with this company responsible for pitches at Wembley and Twickenham.” he added A company was booked for the work. Will the pitch now be a fibresand pitch?

NBLG then posted.It’s the existing indigenous soil base which originally had Fibresand ameliorated into it a few years ago with bits of drainage done here and there, though over the years lack of ‘topping up’ of the Fibresand coupled with the two returfings has seen the majority disappear. The reinforced turf used in February has been stripped off and Fibresand topped up to a much better level, with work taking around 5-6 days to complete and probably at a ballpark cost of around £50-60k including materials.

Worth noting a ‘new Fibresand pitch’ including new drainage and irrigation etc,which is what was originally communicated by the club, would take 3-4 weeks to complete and would cost up to £500k so whilst problems may not resurface immediately, don’t expect them to be a million miles away.

My question is who is right?

NBLG then went on to add
I believe the search is on for a third Head Groundsman in 6 months?

Later he added

Assistant groundsman also serving their notice as well, last one out switch off the lights.

At this stage nothing has been said that names or disparages any individual living or dead however other posters began asking questions. Shun for example asked " Was it our decision or theirs?

NBLG replied "Both of their own choice it seems." and later added " Believe a replacement has now been sorted, from Bolton Wanderers I believe.

Then it got weird when you posted "Or you just know and are enjoying the attention." and " OK, but why not tell the full story instead of the constant cryptic and "I know what's going on" posts? and "Well when you do find out, be sure to let us know."... for someone who wants it hushed up you're asking NBLG a lot of questions.

His final post on the subject was in answer to yet another question from you "Is this common knowledge? replied

"Yes, as both the new Head Groundsman and his assistant have had their positions at both Bolton and Oldham respectively advertised on their club websites." posting the following Links

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/august/vacancy-training-ground-senior-groundsma

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/august/14082018-vacancy-deputy-head-g

You then went on a crusade against me for having the temerity to ask some pertinent questions that you deemed inappropriate. NBLG 's crime was pointing out that the new Groundsman and his assistant had quit with no names mentioned. I've already mentioned NBLG has obviously got a bee in his bonnet but that still leaves the questions has RAFC now got a revolving door with grounds men? here today gone tomorrow just what is going on? I believe that you are too close to the club to be objective in the matter you do however do a great job as their apologist.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 12:18]

My demeanour towards NBLG is to attempt to find out why he is posting information that is confidential and known only to the individuals involved, as well as wondering what he's trying to gain by doing so.

At no point has it ever been 'antagonistic and aggressive', so you're out of order and wrong to even suggest that.

"for someone who wants it hushed up you're asking NBLG a lot of questions."

I'm struggling to see where I said I want it 'hushed up', as you call it. All along I've said I think NBLG was out of order by repeatedly posting what was and still is private and confidential information. I have not said anywhere that he should be 'hushed up'

I have no real interest at all in wanting NBLG to post the full facts. That's where you have clearly missed the point.

I am saying that instead of posting in the devious manner he has been (with obvious inside information being leaked to him), that he should either post the full facts or not say anything at all; not for my interest, but so he doesn't continue to come across as someone who is on some sort of mission to stir up trouble, whoever that might be against.

A club apologist? Now that is funny. Tell me where I have apologised for the club.

It is entirely my own personal view and to me it is similar to when Coleman was the manager and there was someone inside the changing room posting things on here with the sole intention of stirring up trouble.

There is a distinct lack of professionalism in all this, as NBLG is getting his information from somewhere.

And finally, please explain how have I gone on a crusade against you? It was YOU who got involved in the debate by asking what I was trying to gain by questioning NBLG, so my replies to you have been solely to what you instigated.

You also said "lets recap this thread again without raking over the coals from last season and airing any dirty laundry", before going on to do just that.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 12:09]

Pitch on 12:13 - Aug 17 with 1800 viewsfitzochris

Got to agree with TVOS on this one. NBLG, from the start, has leaked information he has either been given in confidence or by a mischief maker from within the club.

What his ultimate ambition is, I don't know.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Pitch on 12:18 - Aug 17 with 1789 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 12:13 - Aug 17 by fitzochris

Got to agree with TVOS on this one. NBLG, from the start, has leaked information he has either been given in confidence or by a mischief maker from within the club.

At last, someone gets it.

Pitch on 12:44 - Aug 17 with 1741 viewskiwidale

Pitch on 12:13 - Aug 17 by fitzochris

You are entitled to your opinion as is TVOS. All opinions are valid I may or may not agree with them but I accept it as just another opinion, you are a sports Journalist? if a reporter was to ignore leaked information based on the fact it wasn't in the public domain it would be a slow news day on both the front and back pages of tomorrows papers.

Pitch on 12:45 - Aug 17 with 1733 viewsfinberty

Anyone fancy a nice cup of tea?
Pitch on 12:56 - Aug 17 with 1716 viewskiwidale

Pitch on 12:45 - Aug 17 by finberty

And only 2 games into the season.

Pitch on 13:18 - Aug 17 with 1689 viewsfitzochris

Pitch on 12:44 - Aug 17 by kiwidale

You are entitled to your opinion as is TVOS. All opinions are valid I may or may not agree with them but I accept it as just another opinion, you are a sports Journalist? if a reporter was to ignore leaked information based on the fact it wasn't in the public domain it would be a slow news day on both the front and back pages of tomorrows papers.

An ethical journalist would substantiate any leaked information before putting it in the public domain - or we might as well all hack people’s phones.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Pitch on 13:24 - Aug 17 with 1677 viewsjudd

It's all very seedy.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Pitch on 13:32 - Aug 17 with 1651 viewsscarrow

Pitch on 12:44 - Aug 17 by kiwidale

That’s how ‘fake’ news originates. Glad I have more morals than you

Poll: Final position

Pitch on 13:36 - Aug 17 with 1643 views442Dale

Not specifically in relation to this subject, plus it’s been said time and again before, but some people attached to/involved with football clubs should really think twice in some situations before trying to increase their standing with or make friends/look good/appear well connected before dropping hints/revealing information that then only relies on the people they tell either keeping quiet or being allowed to give their own interpretation on it.

There’s an acceptance that there will always be an element of it in the game, but it’s not appropriate at times and the people who do it know that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch on 13:40 - Aug 17 with 1640 viewskiwidale

Pitch on 13:32 - Aug 17 by scarrow

That’s how ‘fake’ news originates. Glad I have more morals than you

That is uncalled for and not what I suggested. I made no mention of fake news stories or remotely suggest it. It says more about you than it does about me.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 13:46]

Pitch on 13:42 - Aug 17 with 1632 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 12:45 - Aug 17 by finberty

Is it Earl Grey?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024