Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill 12:26 - Jun 24 with 12160 viewsHeadmaster

Knowing the predictable idiots in charge, they'll bring back Williams to replace him.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-offload-
Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 14:40 - Jun 24 with 2453 viewsjasper_T

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 14:18 - Jun 24 by Swanjaxs

First of all it was "we have to sell before we can buy" now it's "we have to offload players to cut the wage bill". Not looking to good really is it 👀

We were relegated, what were people expecting would happen?
Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 14:45 - Jun 24 with 2436 viewsSwanjaxs

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 14:40 - Jun 24 by jasper_T

And we'll be relegated again next season if we dont at least try and strengthen an already paper thin squad

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 14:47 - Jun 24 with 2428 viewsCaptain_Sham

What amazes me is its the same five people typing the same paragraphs of shyt over and over and over in four or five threads, day after day after day.

Its just a ride.

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 14:52 - Jun 24 with 2407 viewsjasper_T

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 14:45 - Jun 24 by Swanjaxs

And we'll be relegated again next season if we dont at least try and strengthen an already paper thin squad

It's not paper thin. Our backup players last season are Championship standouts. We've got 40+ players on professional contracts.

Right now we have two experienced senior goalkeepers, four centrebacks (Leeds fan favourite Bartley is the worst of them by some distance), half a dozen highly paid forwards etc. There's a long way to go before we're going to struggle to put out a Championship level team.
Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 15:06 - Jun 24 with 2363 viewsLeonWasGod

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 14:18 - Jun 24 by Swanjaxs

First of all it was "we have to sell before we can buy" now it's "we have to offload players to cut the wage bill". Not looking to good really is it 👀

That’s a consequence of us running the highest wage bill to turnover ratio in the PL. or in other words overpaying on sh*t. This is one of the biggest problems. The owners won’t bankroll us either, like other owners do at the top of the Championship. For those two reasons and the lower income we’re going to be pretty lean next season despite the parachute payments.

I hope Potter is a magician (no pun intended).
Swans to on 15:14 - Jun 24 with 2350 viewsmajorraglan

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 14:39 - Jun 24 by LeonWasGod

Yeah that wasn’t his strength, but there was plenty he was good at imo.

Anyway, can’t see him coming back. The accountants are waging the dog and we’re not going to be spending much. Hard season ahead I reckon. We’re behaving more like a Sunderland than a Newcastle.

I concur, I honestly believe that next season is going to be tough, a lot harder than people think. The Championship is a hard League and in addition to having good players there is also need for players with a bit of dog in them, the current squad seems light in that area.

In terms of running the club, i can’t understand why people don’t see there is a need to make major saving and that costs need to be slashed. Villa have gambled on a quick return and failed and it’s taken Cardiff who have big debts and a very good manager several seasons.

TV money goes down by over 50% next year with further cuts in the following season s if the club isn’t promoted back to the PL, if the books aren’t balanced then that means the club will be in debt and with Financial Fair Play kicking in the club will be in a mess. Swansea had a wage bill of around £90m for 2016/17, Cardiff in their last year of Parachute Payments had to bring their wages down to approximately £20m, so based on not going up in the next 3years I believe Swansea will have to reduce wages by around £60m, possibly more.

In terms of being more like Sunderland than Newcastle,that’s because the club doesn’t have a Mike Ashley type owner with deep pockets who could stump up large amounts of cash if required. Swansea have owners who want to make money from the club, if they cant flip it for a profit they have to look at other options and they will!

I believe the main reason why the club is where it is now is because of some very poor transfer business, good money has been made on player sales but some of the purchases and the timing of the purchases has been poor.

I really hope Graham Potter can turn things around, but he has a big job on his hands.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 15:16]
Swans to on 15:21 - Jun 24 with 2332 viewsLeonWasGod

Swans to on 15:14 - Jun 24 by majorraglan

I concur, I honestly believe that next season is going to be tough, a lot harder than people think. The Championship is a hard League and in addition to having good players there is also need for players with a bit of dog in them, the current squad seems light in that area.

In terms of running the club, i can’t understand why people don’t see there is a need to make major saving and that costs need to be slashed. Villa have gambled on a quick return and failed and it’s taken Cardiff who have big debts and a very good manager several seasons.

TV money goes down by over 50% next year with further cuts in the following season s if the club isn’t promoted back to the PL, if the books aren’t balanced then that means the club will be in debt and with Financial Fair Play kicking in the club will be in a mess. Swansea had a wage bill of around £90m for 2016/17, Cardiff in their last year of Parachute Payments had to bring their wages down to approximately £20m, so based on not going up in the next 3years I believe Swansea will have to reduce wages by around £60m, possibly more.

In terms of being more like Sunderland than Newcastle,that’s because the club doesn’t have a Mike Ashley type owner with deep pockets who could stump up large amounts of cash if required. Swansea have owners who want to make money from the club, if they cant flip it for a profit they have to look at other options and they will!

I believe the main reason why the club is where it is now is because of some very poor transfer business, good money has been made on player sales but some of the purchases and the timing of the purchases has been poor.

I really hope Graham Potter can turn things around, but he has a big job on his hands.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 15:16]

Yep, nicely outlined the challenge facing us. Potter’s got hell of a job on his hands. I hope he’s good (obviously) but I also hope he’s given a chance. We need to get off this manager treadmill for a bit if we want to build anything again.
Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 15:51 - Jun 24 with 2269 viewsmax936

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 13:00 - Jun 24 by Swanjaxs

Offload Jenkins, there's 600k saved straight away 👍

He's probably had a pay rise.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 16:33 - Jun 24 with 2201 viewsLeonWasGod

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 14:52 - Jun 24 by jasper_T

It's not paper thin. Our backup players last season are Championship standouts. We've got 40+ players on professional contracts.

Right now we have two experienced senior goalkeepers, four centrebacks (Leeds fan favourite Bartley is the worst of them by some distance), half a dozen highly paid forwards etc. There's a long way to go before we're going to struggle to put out a Championship level team.

Isn’t right now largely irrelevant? We’ve yet to move on many who will be leaving. Our 4 CBs will become 2, at best. Our 6 forwards will become Ollie (maybe, although he’s been linked with a move), Dyer and Routledge. We may keep Wilf because of the timing over his injury, but he’ll be gone as soon as he shows he’s back.

Once those expected to leave go, it leaves us looking considerably weakrr that the sqaud that got us up imo.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect substantial changes and a bit of work needed to get some new bodies in the door.

All hinges on who goes of course.
Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 16:51 - Jun 24 with 2161 viewsjasper_T

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 16:33 - Jun 24 by LeonWasGod

Isn’t right now largely irrelevant? We’ve yet to move on many who will be leaving. Our 4 CBs will become 2, at best. Our 6 forwards will become Ollie (maybe, although he’s been linked with a move), Dyer and Routledge. We may keep Wilf because of the timing over his injury, but he’ll be gone as soon as he shows he’s back.

Once those expected to leave go, it leaves us looking considerably weakrr that the sqaud that got us up imo.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect substantial changes and a bit of work needed to get some new bodies in the door.

All hinges on who goes of course.

I think we're likely to be stuck with a few that find they can't match their current wage elsewhere.

Not all anticipated departures are guaranteed, will be interesting to see just how fast the exodus is next month when business starts in earnest.
Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 17:04 - Jun 24 with 2125 viewsPrivate_Partz

Hang on to our best players, strengthen the squad, then try and go straight back up? At least give it our best shot.
Dineen said that off the field we would keep our Premier League structure. Such a shame that does not extend to the team.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 17:19 - Jun 24 with 2102 viewsjasper_T

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 17:04 - Jun 24 by Private_Partz

Hang on to our best players, strengthen the squad, then try and go straight back up? At least give it our best shot.
Dineen said that off the field we would keep our Premier League structure. Such a shame that does not extend to the team.

How often does that happen? Newcastle managed it but it took an owner pumping in cash and selling Sissoko for massive money, plus their starting wage bill was a much smaller percentage of their overall revenue than ours.
Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 17:51 - Jun 24 with 2042 viewswaynekerr55

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 13:00 - Jun 24 by Swanjaxs

Offload Jenkins, there's 600k saved straight away 👍

Nobody else can do the job mun. in the same way as Roberto invented passing Jenkins is the only person capable of handling the swans, mun

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 18:16 - Jun 24 with 2015 viewsmax936

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 17:04 - Jun 24 by Private_Partz

Jobs for their siblings and friends, stupid cvnt [no change there] doesn't realise that the Team is the most important thing at the Club without a competitive squad/team there is no off field.

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 18:19 - Jun 24 with 2005 viewsmax936

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 14:45 - Jun 24 by Swanjaxs

How very dare you talk sense Swanjaxs.

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 18:30 - Jun 24 with 1974 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 17:19 - Jun 24 by jasper_T

How often does that happen? Newcastle managed it but it took an owner pumping in cash and selling Sissoko for massive money, plus their starting wage bill was a much smaller percentage of their overall revenue than ours.

Did Newcastle pump loads of cash in? I thought the fans were hopping mad Ashley was not doing that and Rafa was on the verge of chucking it.
Then there is Burnley. Charlton did it for Å·ears. Keep the squad and strengthen it.
After all I thought that was part of the 'next level' having owners that can take the hit of relegation. Dineen said it on Swansea Sound.
If the truth be known our Hedge Funders could not take the hit of running a Premier League club and don't look like they are up to running a Championship one either.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 18:37 - Jun 24 with 1951 viewsicecoldjack

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 13:53 - Jun 24 by Al_Bundy

This x 100

Incredible some on here pander after ex players - last season should have told us something about this ongoing nonsense.

It's more about what type of ex player though surely ?

No problem with Joe Allen, Ben Davies even Scott sinclair, look in the past where ex players like Siggy and Leon were perfect.

Where our dopey club got it really fooked up is going for players that had injuries and suspect performances at other clubs, not reading the warning signs and making stupid lazy signings that,especially in the case of Ayew, were a headache for us the first time round !!
Bony, while i though the move would be decent for us, i also stated that his fitness would need to be assessed, it clearly wasn't , Darran mentioned yonks ago that the after effects of Malaria could carry on for years, so why not just dodge the bullet ? reckless stuff from the club and it has cost us immensely and will do for another season.

It's the type of former palyer that is the issue. We did so well actually getting shot of Ash Williams at just the right time, it would be classic Swans to actually re -sign him 2 yrs after his best years had gone ! leave the ego's and old stagers well alone please !
Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 18:38 - Jun 24 with 1947 viewsjasper_T

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 18:30 - Jun 24 by Private_Partz

Did Newcastle pump loads of cash in? I thought the fans were hopping mad Ashley was not doing that and Rafa was on the verge of chucking it.
Then there is Burnley. Charlton did it for Å·ears. Keep the squad and strengthen it.
After all I thought that was part of the 'next level' having owners that can take the hit of relegation. Dineen said it on Swansea Sound.
If the truth be known our Hedge Funders could not take the hit of running a Premier League club and don't look like they are up to running a Championship one either.

They made a loss of £90m in their last promotion season. Mike Ashley loaned the club £15m out of pocket to keep them going. If they hadn't gone up first time they would have been fcked.
Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 18:45 - Jun 24 with 1922 viewsPacemaker

Surely this source is Fede himself. If I had a relegation clause in my contract I would want my agent out there touting me to all and sundry.

The board have always claimed that relegation clauses were in all the players contracts, if that is not the case we are well and truly fecked.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 20:04 - Jun 24 with 1824 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 14:07 - Jun 24 by LeonWasGod

Solid enough to lead us and Wales through the best periods of both our recent histories though. Remember what happened to our defence and team when he left?

You missed the last WC qualifying campaign then I take it?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 20:08 - Jun 24 with 1808 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 18:45 - Jun 24 by Pacemaker

Surely this source is Fede himself. If I had a relegation clause in my contract I would want my agent out there touting me to all and sundry.

The board have always claimed that relegation clauses were in all the players contracts, if that is not the case we are well and truly fecked.

We'll end up with nine under 23 players plus Bony and Ayew (and not the good ish one either)

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swans to on 20:24 - Jun 24 with 1777 viewsWingstandwood

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 18:45 - Jun 24 by Pacemaker

If my memory serves me right Dineen said during that travesty/farce of a recent Swansea Sound interview of his that all new player incomings will be dependant on the sale of current squad members.

It'll be interesting to see how many players can be transferred out of the club and sold to be shifted off the payroll for new signings.

If not enough players can be sold to balance the books? It could be a case of very little change regarding personnel being recruited? One player?.... two players?....A loanee or two?.... Minimalistic-sparse recruitment? There will be one major impact however a catastrophic looming financial crisis if the club is saddled with too many high earners on PL wages!

Argus!

Swans to on 20:35 - Jun 24 with 1753 viewsWingstandwood

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 18:16 - Jun 24 by max936

Jobs for their siblings and friends, stupid cvnt [no change there] doesn't realise that the Team is the most important thing at the Club without a competitive squad/team there is no off field.

Bang on! Thought exactly the same myself listening to the cr@p Dineen came out with with his b@llocks like "Jenkins working tirelessly behind the scenes". The last thing the supporters would want or need is yet more Kamikaze installments from our very own Trojan horse ruination clown. Tirelessly? A catatonic state from Jenkins is the total opposite must!

Aye, what Dineen said should be translated that the greedy pigs trough and SCFC-host for leeching parasites will remain with protectionism in place to ensure that the greed/gravy train ride continues.

Argus!

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 20:40 - Jun 24 with 1738 viewsSwanjaxs

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 20:08 - Jun 24 by Brynmill_Jack

We'll end up with nine under 23 players plus Bony and Ayew (and not the good ish one either)

Don't worry mate, jasper t reckons the U23 players are good enough to get us up 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swans to "offload" Fernandez to cut wage bill on 20:46 - Jun 24 with 1724 viewslifelong

That’s all we’re hearing about are players that are leaving, there is very little talk, or rumour, about fresh blood coming in...it all makes for grim reading.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024