Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now 20:31 - Aug 10 with 25390 viewsTheResurrection

Exactly

And I could've written that statement word for word for the simple reason it's brutally honest and blunt.

We needed to cut back.

We needed the big earners gone

We needed the players who didn't want to be here gone.

Ideally they would've gone early into the window but these things never work like that for umpteen reasons.

We had a job to do and as brutal as it was it just had to be done to keep a professional football club in the city.

The best news from all this is the understanding we needed to reset, the fact we're going to be brave on the ball so we'll see some football and the promise we'll be dipping into the loan market.

We can now do this after a breather and from a strong platform.

They've made mistakes, so what, who doesn't. They seem keen to put those mistakes right

Superb statement

Up the Jacks.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 10:53 - Aug 11 with 1722 viewsJackfath

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 10:51 - Aug 11 by Shaky

You didn't write that.

What's your theory Shaky?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 10:58 - Aug 11 with 1703 viewsbyron

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 09:47 - Aug 11 by TheResurrection

It's easy for everyone to jump on a bandwagon but a few facts:-
* The Americans have not taken a single penny out of the Club. To do that they would have to declare a dividend and the Trust would also get it. Neither have.
* The Club HAS spent all the money we've had in on transfers on transfers/wages/agents etc. This is very much true from their statement yesterday.
* There is no £30m / £40m / £50m in monies we've received. It just doesn't work like that.
* We had a £90m wage bill in the last accounts and we had over £110m from last seasons TV money.
* This season we had the same wage bill but will only receive circa £45m.
* The monies we are receiving now are to keep paying the players wages we have left
* The Americans can't put any extra money into the Club without disrupting the status quo of share ownership. If they did inject their own capital as so many have been calling for, it would either dilute the Trust shareholding or we'd be in debt to them.
* As it stands and even thought they own a controlling share, it's still the Club that has paid and is paying for everything. We haven't got a rich Arab or Russian and we should be proud of that. We've done it by ourselves.
* Potter and his new exciting signings DO NOT deserve any protests today. This is what blighted all of last season and if t's the same this one, we'll be the masters of our own destiny - and that will be relegation.
* THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS NOT CLOSED.
* If at the end of the window we are in the same position as we are in now ie weak in certain areas then I will agree with the need for anger. But not now.
* We HAD to get rid of the players that wanted to go or were going to drain all our parachute payments from us
* If the Club had a choice they would have gone in the beginning of the window - not at the death. But we are dealing with football players who hold out until they see ALL their options and Football Clubs who also wait and wait until they exhaust all their other targets. As what happened with Fede.
* The Club had to get rid by this window and it HAD to make sure all their resources were put into these players going. As these players would not be going to Championship Clubs and the EPL window was shutting. This was the number 1 priority and largely it's been successful.
* THE WINDOW IS STILL OPEN.

GET BEHIND GRAHAM POTTER AND HIS NEW SIGNINGS

GET BEHIND SCFC - We'll only ever have the one Club, lets not kick it while it's down.

Superbly written huw, you should go into politics now you have mastered the business world and have ample time on your hands and millions in the bank😂

Benny

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 11:00 - Aug 11 with 1689 viewsShaky

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 10:53 - Aug 11 by Jackfath

What's your theory Shaky?

More than likely somebody employed by the club.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 11:02 - Aug 11 with 1688 viewsmarchamjack

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 10:51 - Aug 11 by Shaky

You didn't write that.

I've agreed with you less and less in recent times Shaky...but you are bang on with that. That 'piece' was not written/composed (phrase it how you like) by the poster. Not a facking chance
🤔

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 11:08 - Aug 11 with 1669 viewsbarry_island

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 09:47 - Aug 11 by TheResurrection

It's easy for everyone to jump on a bandwagon but a few facts:-
* The Americans have not taken a single penny out of the Club. To do that they would have to declare a dividend and the Trust would also get it. Neither have.
* The Club HAS spent all the money we've had in on transfers on transfers/wages/agents etc. This is very much true from their statement yesterday.
* There is no £30m / £40m / £50m in monies we've received. It just doesn't work like that.
* We had a £90m wage bill in the last accounts and we had over £110m from last seasons TV money.
* This season we had the same wage bill but will only receive circa £45m.
* The monies we are receiving now are to keep paying the players wages we have left
* The Americans can't put any extra money into the Club without disrupting the status quo of share ownership. If they did inject their own capital as so many have been calling for, it would either dilute the Trust shareholding or we'd be in debt to them.
* As it stands and even thought they own a controlling share, it's still the Club that has paid and is paying for everything. We haven't got a rich Arab or Russian and we should be proud of that. We've done it by ourselves.
* Potter and his new exciting signings DO NOT deserve any protests today. This is what blighted all of last season and if t's the same this one, we'll be the masters of our own destiny - and that will be relegation.
* THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS NOT CLOSED.
* If at the end of the window we are in the same position as we are in now ie weak in certain areas then I will agree with the need for anger. But not now.
* We HAD to get rid of the players that wanted to go or were going to drain all our parachute payments from us
* If the Club had a choice they would have gone in the beginning of the window - not at the death. But we are dealing with football players who hold out until they see ALL their options and Football Clubs who also wait and wait until they exhaust all their other targets. As what happened with Fede.
* The Club had to get rid by this window and it HAD to make sure all their resources were put into these players going. As these players would not be going to Championship Clubs and the EPL window was shutting. This was the number 1 priority and largely it's been successful.
* THE WINDOW IS STILL OPEN.

GET BEHIND GRAHAM POTTER AND HIS NEW SIGNINGS

GET BEHIND SCFC - We'll only ever have the one Club, lets not kick it while it's down.

Is Pearlman American? That's £x00,000 going out of the club unnecessarily. Do Kaplan and Levein travel over at their own expense?

Are there other ways to get money out of a business without declaring a dividend? Hell yes. Our home grown "fans" surely showed them how that was done.

This season we had the same wage bill? Really, no relegation clauses? Just wow?

Who did we have giving Bony a medical last year, Dr Fecking Doolittle?

Who sanctioned the return of No Role Ayew?

To the best of my knowledge we haven't got rid of the Ayew brothers, they' could be back siphoning those parachute payments again.

Have any of our youngsters gone out to improve in the lower leagues? Genuine question, I don't know.

Here's hoping that the Trust finally do the right thing even if it means losing the £800,000 fighting fund or taking another £21m out of club funds because when this lot have finished I'm pretty sure we'll have a mathematical proof that 21% of 0 = 0.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 11:23 - Aug 11 with 1625 viewsclloy2

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 11:00 - Aug 11 by Shaky

Shaky- for once we agree, I won't argue with that one
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 11:31 - Aug 11 with 1600 viewsMrSwerve

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 23:56 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

We were relegated because of Clement you little prick

Last season you said...

"Manager - Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in and all the options mentioned above, he makes them a reality. His coaching is second to none and the team is able to adapt to any of his demands. He'll also get us playing more football this season and our style of play will be unrecognisable from the sheer tedium of last year."

Sorry to bump

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:09 - Aug 11 with 1526 viewsoldgrey

I think most of us recognised the need for Austerity Swans now we are in the cheap seats with a load of expensive jewellery on board.
However, I think what most people take issue with is the absence of any signings in the window to cover key positions. To be honest a few cheap lower division experienced cloggers in the centre back positions would have helped.
To summarise I have zero trust in the Americans and would not be at all surprised to find the club up on ebay in the near future.
And the last season's accounts, when published, should make some interesting reading under the expenses, money resting in accounts and consultancy fees sections.
Login to get fewer ads

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:11 - Aug 11 with 1519 viewsbluenile

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 11:31 - Aug 11 by MrSwerve

Last season you said...

"Manager - Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in and all the options mentioned above, he makes them a reality. His coaching is second to none and the team is able to adapt to any of his demands. He'll also get us playing more football this season and our style of play will be unrecognisable from the sheer tedium of last year."

Sorry to bump

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:11 - Aug 11 with 1517 viewslegoman

The statement does indeed provide the facts as they are, with a few management platitudes thrown in for good measure. So to that extent I agree with the Res.

However, for me the statement should have been made shortly after relegation and should have been couched in terms of " this is what we plan to do". As it is the statement comes across to me as being reactive rather than proactive and that concerns me, as that should not be the way a business the size of Swansea City FC should be run.

As the Res says, he could have written it, but equally so could many on here.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:13 - Aug 11 with 1511 viewsDarran

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 11:31 - Aug 11 by MrSwerve

Last season you said...

Sorry to bump

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:22 - Aug 11 with 1483 viewsTheResurrection

You didn't write that.

Of course i wrote that you clown.

I could've written the Club statement as it's all I've been saying the last few weeks.

You harp on about debt with your silly spreadsheets but now we're in a position to start again, and utilise the parachute money effectively.

Everyone knew we'd have to sell to survive, you were making out we'd be going into administration whilst plucking figures from thin air, or even worse, Tranfermarkt.

None of us knew the ins and outs of the accounts and financial position to the degree needed to properly evaluate what was needed this last month or so. It's all seemed quite drastic but the decision was made to get rid of the big earners, the bad blood, the poor attitudes and the players not in Potters plans.

We should all be able to live with that as we've all moaned enough about them.

Posters on here do not like intelligent thought processing, they like bullying and witch hunting. Attacking in cowardly packs safe in numbers.

Fair enough, each to their own. All I am trying to do is keeping some kind of faith in the hope we can get back to business. For me the time hasn't come yet for the nonsense anger we're seeing right now.

If we fail to bring in any more I will change my mind. But I am still hopeful we will.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:25 - Aug 11 with 1466 viewspeenemunde

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:22 - Aug 11 by TheResurrection

I could've written the Club statement as it's all I've been saying the last few weeks.

You harp on about debt with your silly spreadsheets but now we're in a position to start again, and utilise the parachute money effectively.

Everyone knew we'd have to sell to survive, you were making out we'd be going into administration whilst plucking figures from thin air, or even worse, Tranfermarkt.

None of us knew the ins and outs of the accounts and financial position to the degree needed to properly evaluate what was needed this last month or so. It's all seemed quite drastic but the decision was made to get rid of the big earners, the bad blood, the poor attitudes and the players not in Potters plans.

Posters on here do not like intelligent thought processing, they like bullying and witch hunting. Attacking in cowardly packs safe in numbers.

Fair enough, each to their own. All I am trying to do is keeping some kind of faith in the hope we can get back to business. For me the time hasn't come yet for the nonsense anger we're seeing right now.

If we fail to bring in any more I will change my mind. But I am still hopeful we will.

👏
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:27 - Aug 11 with 1454 viewsTheResurrection

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 11:02 - Aug 11 by marchamjack

I've agreed with you less and less in recent times Shaky...but you are bang on with that. That 'piece' was not written/composed (phrase it how you like) by the poster. Not a facking chance
🤔

It really is pathetic that some can't deal with a different opinion.

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:35 - Aug 11 with 1423 viewsTheResurrection

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 11:08 - Aug 11 by barry_island

Is Pearlman American? That's £x00,000 going out of the club unnecessarily. Do Kaplan and Levein travel over at their own expense?

Are there other ways to get money out of a business without declaring a dividend? Hell yes. Our home grown "fans" surely showed them how that was done.

This season we had the same wage bill? Really, no relegation clauses? Just wow?

Who did we have giving Bony a medical last year, Dr Fecking Doolittle?

Who sanctioned the return of No Role Ayew?

To the best of my knowledge we haven't got rid of the Ayew brothers, they' could be back siphoning those parachute payments again.

Have any of our youngsters gone out to improve in the lower leagues? Genuine question, I don't know.

Here's hoping that the Trust finally do the right thing even if it means losing the £800,000 fighting fund or taking another £21m out of club funds because when this lot have finished I'm pretty sure we'll have a mathematical proof that 21% of 0 = 0.

Yes he is and he's on a decent wack. Do you think he's really on a low salary and the rest is going to Kaplan and Levien. You think the Club is cooking the books then? It's a crying shame that we have god knows how many accountants on the Trust, who see the accounts every month, and are not picking up on this.

Your second point, you mean they are winning Club tenders for works being carried out in relation to SCFC? Oh right, which works or tenders would they be then? Are we building yet ANOTHER training ground? Again, the accounts are seen every month. How is this getting past the Trust?

Yes we would've had relegation clauses but are you really that naive to think our wage bill was below the £60m we'd get in from this years monies? Seriously?

Bony had an ACL, do you think that was an issue on his medical? Did we pick it up with Bodde? Did Liverpool pick it up with Oxlaide Facking Chanberlain? Are you the Doctor of facking Thick?

We gambled on Ayew and it looked very briefly like it was going to pay off. Sadly, for more than just the reason of Awey coming back we blew the last 10 games of the season. We had 31 points so we'd proved we could get results. Do you think it was just the decision of Ayew that sank us???

I would guess we've received some kind of loan fees for both Ayews and their wages gone. They are still ours to sell. Amat FFS, after hardly playing in 4 years still went for a million.

Our youngsters?? So you turn on our youngsters who would never have got a game in the EPL. Classy.

Stick your maths up yer arse.

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:37 - Aug 11 with 1414 viewsTheResurrection

Last season you said...

Sorry to bump

I got that all wrong. ALL WRONG.

Clement turned out to be a disaster and all the faith I put in him was berserk. I wouldn't have been the only one backing Clement though. But I was wrong there.

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:40 - Aug 11 with 1405 viewsTheResurrection

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:09 - Aug 11 by oldgrey

I think most of us recognised the need for Austerity Swans now we are in the cheap seats with a load of expensive jewellery on board.
However, I think what most people take issue with is the absence of any signings in the window to cover key positions. To be honest a few cheap lower division experienced cloggers in the centre back positions would have helped.
To summarise I have zero trust in the Americans and would not be at all surprised to find the club up on ebay in the near future.
And the last season's accounts, when published, should make some interesting reading under the expenses, money resting in accounts and consultancy fees sections.

It's fine to be sceptical, just not hysterical.

I am sceptical as well. Just not ready to throw the towel in yet.

In fact, I can't wait to see Celina, Mckay, Montero again today.

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:42 - Aug 11 with 1400 viewssnork44

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:27 - Aug 11 by TheResurrection

Here is a simple question, if we haven't got any money or hardly any money, how are we going to pay out the loan fees to other clubs? You mentioned the January transfer window , how will we afford to bring in players permanently especially when players are more expensive in the winter window ?

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:44 - Aug 11 with 1388 viewsJonTheJack

Last season you said...

Sorry to bump

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:48 - Aug 11 with 1368 viewsTheResurrection

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:11 - Aug 11 by legoman

The statement does indeed provide the facts as they are, with a few management platitudes thrown in for good measure. So to that extent I agree with the Res.

However, for me the statement should have been made shortly after relegation and should have been couched in terms of " this is what we plan to do". As it is the statement comes across to me as being reactive rather than proactive and that concerns me, as that should not be the way a business the size of Swansea City FC should be run.

As the Res says, he could have written it, but equally so could many on here.

Agree with this 100%

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:48 - Aug 11 with 1362 viewsJonathans_coat

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 11:00 - Aug 11 by Shaky

Interesting theory. I used to work for a company that employed several people to be “advocates” on social media and online forums. Officially their job was to promote the companies interests online, which sadly mostly boiled down to attacking, undermining and ridiculing anyone making complaints or saying negative things about them online.........

.......Sound like anyone we know?
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:49 - Aug 11 with 1353 viewsShaky

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:22 - Aug 11 by TheResurrection

Nah. You're a liar, and not a very good one.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:50 - Aug 11 with 1352 viewsbyron

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:37 - Aug 11 by TheResurrection

I got that all wrong. ALL WRONG.

Clement turned out to be a disaster and all the faith I put in him was berserk. I wouldn't have been the only one backing Clement though. But I was wrong there.

Appears like you might be getting a bit more wrong, time will tell hey

Benny

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:50 - Aug 11 with 1347 viewsFlashberryjack

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:27 - Aug 11 by TheResurrection

You're spot on there

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:53 - Aug 11 with 1338 viewsTheResurrection

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 12:42 - Aug 11 by snork44

Here is a simple question, if we haven't got any money or hardly any money, how are we going to pay out the loan fees to other clubs? You mentioned the January transfer window , how will we afford to bring in players permanently especially when players are more expensive in the winter window ?

Because we have got some breathing space again. Whereas before Thursday we didn't have a clear picture, now we do. We can now look to structure loan deals in conjunction with Potters wishes.

If that's not the plan then i'll be as gutted as the next man

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024