Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Probably discussed before 02:39 - Oct 9 with 7731 viewsBoston

....but I wasn’t paying attention, question ...is a shot that hits the post or crossbar considered to be on or off target?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Probably discussed before on 01:35 - Oct 10 with 977 viewsBoston

Probably discussed before on 21:06 - Oct 9 by colinallcars

“Shaved the post” as some commentators say. We used to have a player named Mick Barber. I always wanted to read “ Barber shaved the post “ but never actually ever saw or heard it.

Did the ball ever get stabbed home by Shanks?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Probably discussed before on 01:36 - Oct 10 with 974 viewsDannyPaddox

St.Anchion: Patron Saint of the top corner of the net.
Probably discussed before on 05:17 - Oct 10 with 953 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I concur with the notion that the goalposts are off target, but let me throw something in to the mix:

A few years back, we were doing well to have nil as we trailed Stockport 3-0 at Edgeley Park. A truly awful performance was being served up by the Rs and we entered the last 15 minutes debating the merits of fcuking off early. Amazingly, we entered injury time on ‘level terms’, when Kiwomya brilliantly digs one out from a melee of feet and teeth in the goal mouth, and pokes it toward the goal. From where I was stood right in line with it, it was crawling toward an incredible 4-3 outcome, and then about 3-4 foot from the goal, it hits a bloody divot and inches the wrong side of the post!

For an agonising second, that ball was on target; but for a tuft of grass it ended off target. Technically it was off target however, should we say it was on target?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Probably discussed before on 09:07 - Oct 10 with 914 viewsgingerranger

Probably discussed before on 05:17 - Oct 10 by PlanetHonneywood

I concur with the notion that the goalposts are off target, but let me throw something in to the mix:

A few years back, we were doing well to have nil as we trailed Stockport 3-0 at Edgeley Park. A truly awful performance was being served up by the Rs and we entered the last 15 minutes debating the merits of fcuking off early. Amazingly, we entered injury time on ‘level terms’, when Kiwomya brilliantly digs one out from a melee of feet and teeth in the goal mouth, and pokes it toward the goal. From where I was stood right in line with it, it was crawling toward an incredible 4-3 outcome, and then about 3-4 foot from the goal, it hits a bloody divot and inches the wrong side of the post!

For an agonising second, that ball was on target; but for a tuft of grass it ended off target. Technically it was off target however, should we say it was on target?

That's funny how we experience things differently. I too was stood in line with that shot by Kiwomya and remember knowing from the moment he hit it that it was going wide.
Probably discussed before on 09:12 - Oct 10 with 911 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Probably discussed before on 09:07 - Oct 10 by gingerranger

That's funny how we experience things differently. I too was stood in line with that shot by Kiwomya and remember knowing from the moment he hit it that it was going wide.

Well it was Kiwomya!

But I’d swear that ball was in until it hit a dodgy divot. I never looked led the guy, but thought he did well to get a shot out of the melee. Either way, ranks this in the history of Rs comebacks I’ve witnessed. We were truly gash that night.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Probably discussed before on 17:23 - Oct 10 with 871 viewsPinnerPaul

Probably discussed before on 18:45 - Oct 9 by colinallcars

Most people I know still say “injury time” instead of stoppage time.

"Added time" really!
Probably discussed before on 21:27 - Oct 10 with 843 viewsHadders

Probably discussed before on 18:02 - Oct 9 by PinnerPaul

Why do I still get called 'Lino' (amongst other things!) when 'linesman' disappeared over 10 years ago!

Probably because: " Assistant Referee, Assistant Referee, You're a count!" isn't so punchy.
Probably discussed before on 13:38 - Oct 11 with 801 viewsPommyhoop

Probably discussed before on 01:36 - Oct 10 by DannyPaddox

St.Anchion: Patron Saint of the top corner of the net.

2 Rangers legends

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024