Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night 08:27 - Oct 24 with 5821 viewsThewayiseeit

The below was posted to Facebook by my friend after his 15 year old son was subjected to abuse last night at the game.

Swansea v Blackburn
23 October 2018
Liberty Stadium

I sincerely hope that this is picked up and dealt with swiftly and appropriately by the club and trust.

On the evening of 23 October, my son was attending his first Swansea city game.
He was offered free tickets as reward for taking part in the Police Youth Volunteer scheme, of which he has been a part for a number of years.
One aspect of his duties on the evening in question was to hand out leaflets on stadium safety and information on hate crimes.
He came home absolutely distraught at the manner in which he was treated by some Swansea City ‘fans’.
I use inverted comma’s as I myself am a Swansea city fan and would hate for one second to be associated with these thugs. He was subjected to vile insults and at one point had a cigarette butt flicked in his face and was called ‘pig’. He is 15 years old.
When he came hold and told me of the incidents I could hardly believe what I was hearing, I really thought this backward hooligan minded way of thinking was banished some time in the 90’s.

I hope the club do everything in their power to find any individual involved in the abuse of these children who were there to raise awareness of hate crimes, and offer information for their safety.
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 09:03 - Oct 24 with 4429 viewsLeonWasGod

There was a big push on kick racism out of football last night, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was opposition to this type of thing. Incredibly sad but there seems to be a rise in racist and xenophobic feckwittery these days.

I hope it's picked up and dealt with too. Sounds like it was outside the ground - hopefully there's CCTV they could use, if they want to.

Disgusting behaviour that. Hopefully only a minority, but that doesn't excuse it.
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 09:20 - Oct 24 with 4348 viewsProfessor

Disgraceful and abhorrent behaviour, but apparently acceptable to a minority. Knuckle-dragged a who should have no place in football and certainly not at our club. Hope the lad can see this for what it is, an ignorant minority of dim witted fools.
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 09:36 - Oct 24 with 4263 viewsDarran

You’ll never stamp it out. Some people are just çunts and we’ve always had our fair share of those.

Sad story.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 09:41 - Oct 24 with 4232 viewstrampie

No surprise to me and judging by the fathers reaction it was a total surprise to the father so no doubt the young boy was not forewarned as to what to expect of certain individuals, would the police have warned the youngster..?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 9:42]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 09:48 - Oct 24 with 4201 viewsunion_jack

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 09:41 - Oct 24 by trampie

No surprise to me and judging by the fathers reaction it was a total surprise to the father so no doubt the young boy was not forewarned as to what to expect of certain individuals, would the police have warned the youngster..?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 9:42]

Don't know if I was imagining it but there was a distinct lack of police presence there last night. I don't recall seeing even one.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 10:21 - Oct 24 with 4079 viewsLoyal

Coppers can't win can they ?
See one they are all on overtime, see none it's a problem, this behaviour anti this anti that surfaces on here regards authority all the time. We hear all this anti rhetoric in general then there are those who agree with it on here, we can't have it both ways. This lads experience last night and for all those who have a similar attitude on here, that's your little acorns growing, I hope your proud.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 10:32]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 10:58 - Oct 24 with 3988 viewsunion_jack

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 10:21 - Oct 24 by Loyal

Coppers can't win can they ?
See one they are all on overtime, see none it's a problem, this behaviour anti this anti that surfaces on here regards authority all the time. We hear all this anti rhetoric in general then there are those who agree with it on here, we can't have it both ways. This lads experience last night and for all those who have a similar attitude on here, that's your little acorns growing, I hope your proud.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 10:32]

Not a pop at me I hope. Just passing comment that's all.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 11:07 - Oct 24 with 3954 viewsCatullus

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 09:36 - Oct 24 by Darran

You’ll never stamp it out. Some people are just çunts and we’ve always had our fair share of those.

Sad story.

Never a truer word.

The resurgence in this kind of behaviour is very sad.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 11:08 - Oct 24 with 3937 viewsLoyal

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 10:58 - Oct 24 by union_jack

Not a pop at me I hope. Just passing comment that's all.

Not at all, had it been I would have said.
I'm surprised you thought it was ...
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 11:23]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 11:25 - Oct 24 with 3877 viewsBadlands

Never stamp it out!
What, so we should ignore it?
Definitely one of those situations which will increase and intensify if left unchallenged. The scum last night will feel legitimised and other impressionable types will be follow suit.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 13:13 - Oct 24 with 3640 viewsTaliesin

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 11:25 - Oct 24 by Badlands

Never stamp it out!
What, so we should ignore it?
Definitely one of those situations which will increase and intensify if left unchallenged. The scum last night will feel legitimised and other impressionable types will be follow suit.

Read some of the posts from the bigots on here and this behaviour is only to be expected.

Patriots (cough) they see themselves as. W*nkers to the rest of us
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 13:16 - Oct 24 with 3629 viewsJackfath

The OP doesn't fully explain the situation.

What was the 15 year expected to do in terms of raising awareness?
Were they left alone by a responsible adult?
Did they report the incident to the responsible adult at the time?
Did the responsible adult report it to the stewards who, in turn, report the hate to the police and identify the culprits there and then?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 13:17 - Oct 24 with 3625 viewsmarchamjack

Look at the growth of the DFLA recently and it’s attachmemt to football (which someone will be along shortly to tell me is in no way a racist organisation...) no wonder this sort of incident is reported.

And as said above and on here many times, we do seem to have a lot of racist idiots sadly who follow our club. Always have.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 14:33 - Oct 24 with 3470 viewsKrisP

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 13:16 - Oct 24 by Jackfath

The OP doesn't fully explain the situation.

What was the 15 year expected to do in terms of raising awareness?
Were they left alone by a responsible adult?
Did they report the incident to the responsible adult at the time?
Did the responsible adult report it to the stewards who, in turn, report the hate to the police and identify the culprits there and then?

Is that relevant to the abuse received?
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 14:41 - Oct 24 with 3454 viewsLeonWasGod

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 14:33 - Oct 24 by KrisP

Of course not, but that won't stop Fathy!
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 14:42 - Oct 24 with 3448 viewsJackfath

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 14:33 - Oct 24 by KrisP

It's relevant if the minor was left to his devices at that time and the correct protocol for the "event" wasn't carried through. I expect this is in the risk assessment carried out by the organisation organising the event.

Edit.

If a fag butt was flicked into the youngsters face, it must have been outside the stadium. A 15 year old on an organised leaflet campaign shouldn't have been without an appropriate adult. Was this a police organised event? If so, the parent needs to take it up with the Police, and not the club? As I said, more information is needed before making knee jerk reactions.

For anyone in any doubt (I'm amazed it needs explaining) of course the abuse received is not necessary and should be met with an immediate lifetime ban.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 14:54]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 15:27 - Oct 24 with 3331 viewspeenemunde

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 14:42 - Oct 24 by Jackfath

It's relevant if the minor was left to his devices at that time and the correct protocol for the "event" wasn't carried through. I expect this is in the risk assessment carried out by the organisation organising the event.

Edit.

If a fag butt was flicked into the youngsters face, it must have been outside the stadium. A 15 year old on an organised leaflet campaign shouldn't have been without an appropriate adult. Was this a police organised event? If so, the parent needs to take it up with the Police, and not the club? As I said, more information is needed before making knee jerk reactions.

For anyone in any doubt (I'm amazed it needs explaining) of course the abuse received is not necessary and should be met with an immediate lifetime ban.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 14:54]

An immediate lifetime ban ? What happened to being innocent until proven guilty.
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 15:38 - Oct 24 with 3319 viewsjackal

Awful to hear, especially following the incident after the Ipswich game. When the old gent was set upon.

As stated already, some people are just scum and can not be reasoned with.
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 15:47 - Oct 24 with 3284 views3swan

I would be interested to know if the 15 year old was left on his own, and what advice he was given for handing out the leaflets.
As has already been posted, it is a disgraceful act, but then again there are a number of brave faceless people out there who pick on easy targets.
Even putting aside the contents of the leaflet, no person should be subjected to such abuse, but it is a reflection of part of our society, where it’s “my views or no views”.
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 15:50 - Oct 24 with 3268 viewsLoyal

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 13:17 - Oct 24 by marchamjack

Look at the growth of the DFLA recently and it’s attachmemt to football (which someone will be along shortly to tell me is in no way a racist organisation...) no wonder this sort of incident is reported.

And as said above and on here many times, we do seem to have a lot of racist idiots sadly who follow our club. Always have.

Yup, and here he is mate.
As much as I have admired you posts on here over the years I am afraid that your opinion on the DFLA is about as relevant as one on the DVLA. To be a rascist organisation they have to be prescribed in law which they are not. They obviously attach themselves to football. The clue is in the organisations name. Yes of course there will be the odd extremist, I spent six years after my army service in antifa and let me tell you there is no more a rascist organisation than that lot. I don't prescribed to any of these two year right wing organisations but to describe them as rascist dilutes what really is race hate or fascism ( I would welcome an example on the ethics of the DFLA or Robinson of late, that points to their racsist stance )

It's my view we will know exactly when fascism and hate raises its head in the UK and it won't be a bunch of patriots with no hair, they will more than likely have alleged left wing views, wave black and red flags and come in the majority from the middle class. Trust me that's why I got out of antifa, they are the real scum in the USA and in the UK, and most certainly fit the profile as racist it's just a shame many don't see it.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 16:08]

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 15:52 - Oct 24 with 3265 viewsgiantstoneater

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 09:36 - Oct 24 by Darran

Sad story.

Sadly I fear you are right Darren but we should never stop trying to weed them out they are not welcome at our club.
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 15:55 - Oct 24 with 3247 viewsLeonWasGod

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 15:47 - Oct 24 by 3swan

I would be interested to know if the 15 year old was left on his own, and what advice he was given for handing out the leaflets.
As has already been posted, it is a disgraceful act, but then again there are a number of brave faceless people out there who pick on easy targets.
Even putting aside the contents of the leaflet, no person should be subjected to such abuse, but it is a reflection of part of our society, where it’s “my views or no views”.

No idea if he was part of the kick it out campaign, but there were a few 'kids' (young adults) buzzing around handing out leaflets before the game and a few stalls manned by people wearing some kind of police uniform. It all looked perfectly reasonable and above board and those handing out the leaflets were perfectly polite. Sure it has to be organised properly, but that still doesn't excuse people acting like complete idiots.
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 16:02 - Oct 24 with 3227 views3swan

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 15:55 - Oct 24 by LeonWasGod

No idea if he was part of the kick it out campaign, but there were a few 'kids' (young adults) buzzing around handing out leaflets before the game and a few stalls manned by people wearing some kind of police uniform. It all looked perfectly reasonable and above board and those handing out the leaflets were perfectly polite. Sure it has to be organised properly, but that still doesn't excuse people acting like complete idiots.

I have no doubt it was all above board, I just hope that as youngsters they would have been advised what to do if some confrontation took place.

This in no way takes anything away the issue in the O.P.
Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 16:04 - Oct 24 with 3215 viewsmarchamjack

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 15:50 - Oct 24 by Loyal

Yup, and here he is mate.
As much as I have admired you posts on here over the years I am afraid that your opinion on the DFLA is about as relevant as one on the DVLA. To be a rascist organisation they have to be prescribed in law which they are not. They obviously attach themselves to football. The clue is in the organisations name. Yes of course there will be the odd extremist, I spent six years after my army service in antifa and let me tell you there is no more a rascist organisation than that lot. I don't prescribed to any of these two year right wing organisations but to describe them as rascist dilutes what really is race hate or fascism ( I would welcome an example on the ethics of the DFLA or Robinson of late, that points to their racsist stance )

It's my view we will know exactly when fascism and hate raises its head in the UK and it won't be a bunch of patriots with no hair, they will more than likely have alleged left wing views, wave black and red flags and come in the majority from the middle class. Trust me that's why I got out of antifa, they are the real scum in the USA and in the UK, and most certainly fit the profile as racist it's just a shame many don't see it.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 16:08]

I think there’s a back-handed compliment in there somewhere...

I enjoy your forthright and often very funny postings, one of the posters on here who has his own views and sets them out whether everyone agrees with them or not (which I don’t always, but certainly admire you putting them out regardless)

DFLA - ok fair cop. Not a constitutionally racist body. But racist in much of their outpourings nonetheless,certainly so from many of their members. And in my view, their link to football is not a welcome one to this football fan

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 16:05 - Oct 24 with 3210 viewsLeonWasGod

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our own ‘fans’ last night on 16:02 - Oct 24 by 3swan

I have no doubt it was all above board, I just hope that as youngsters they would have been advised what to do if some confrontation took place.

This in no way takes anything away the issue in the O.P.

Yeah, no idea on that. I was only assuming it was the kick it out campaign because they had a big push on it last night.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024