Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale Pubs 18:38 - Dec 15 with 8039 viewsjoecooke

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/greater-man

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Rochdale Pubs on 20:12 - Dec 16 with 1968 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Rochdale Pubs on 20:06 - Dec 16 by DaleiLama

Lets not forget the role HMRC plays in this either.

Absolutely. I would be in favour of a reduction in business rates for smaller and independent pubs, as well as a cut in beer duty consumed in pubs and Social clubs, but not in supermarkets.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Rochdale Pubs on 22:31 - Dec 16 with 1893 viewsrochdale_ranger

Rochdale Pubs on 09:56 - Dec 16 by mingthemerciless

When did you last drink in town ? The Spread Eagle and The Navigation have been shut for ages. The old Yates stopped being Yates a while ago, it's changed it's name a few times since the Yates dats.

Admittedly I don’t go out in Rochdale anymore. My days of busting a few shapes in kokos and Pacific are over.
Rochdale Pubs on 11:30 - Dec 17 with 1768 viewsrod_leach

Also, central heating, massive TVs, the internet & multiple channels make staying home a lot more tempting than in the past.
Rochdale Pubs on 12:24 - Dec 17 with 1745 viewspioneer

Rochdale Pubs on 11:30 - Dec 17 by rod_leach

Also, central heating, massive TVs, the internet & multiple channels make staying home a lot more tempting than in the past.

not forgetting inside toilets and electricity (cue hovis music)
Rochdale Pubs on 15:16 - Dec 17 with 1690 viewssmaclad1

Rochdale Pubs on 11:30 - Dec 17 by rod_leach

...and having no friends.
Rochdale Pubs on 14:06 - Dec 18 with 1585 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Rochdale Pubs on 15:16 - Dec 17 by smaclad1

It’s getting the same everywhere, my nearest pub in Ipswich is a mile away, and now looking for new management. There are loads of reasons why pubs have gone, taxation, breweries selling off or upping rents when a pub becomes successful, smoking ban, lack of disposable income, cheap beer in supermarket. I can get 36 cans of beer for the price of 5 pub pints, not including taxi etc.

When I lived in Rochdale the 4 houses I had were less than 300 yards from the nearest pub, sandknockers, Oxford, waggon and horses and baileys. At least 2 have gone to my knowledge.

20 years or so back I was paying about £1.75 for a pint in the local, and cans were about the same as they are today in the supermarket, always had a good laugh, game of cards, pool and a load of banter. Football teams, pool teams, darts teams meant it was busy every most nights and all day weekend, after time if you were a regular and the police turned a blind eye as long as no trouble.

The days of Whitworth rd pub crawl, must have been about 20 pubs from the gale to the roundabout, including the industry, sawyers, 3 ships, Britannia have gone sadly. And they were great times.

I barely go out now as the use of shoving expensive white shit up your nose and getting aggressive or impossible to understand seems to be the main source of entertainment, not a game of 9 card Dom. Was about 20 years ago of course but not to the level of today.

I think I must be getting old!!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Rochdale Pubs on 14:34 - Dec 18 with 1562 viewsrod_leach

Rochdale Pubs on 15:16 - Dec 17 by smaclad1

I can't comment on your life, sorry :-)
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 14:34]
Rochdale Pubs on 16:01 - Dec 18 with 1512 viewsmingthemerciless

Rochdale Pubs on 12:24 - Dec 17 by pioneer

not forgetting inside toilets and electricity (cue hovis music)

Yeah you're right there. Plenty of pubs had outside toilets in the old days.
Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale Pubs on 16:25 - Dec 18 with 1499 viewsrobtheb

Rochdale Pubs on 16:01 - Dec 18 by mingthemerciless

Yeah you're right there. Plenty of pubs had outside toilets in the old days.

They still do...it's called the wall.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024