Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR could leave H&F 16:52 - Feb 6 with 27946 viewsHayesender

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr/qpr-could-leave-hammersmith-fulham

Seems the council won't play ball

Poll: Shamima Beghum

QPR could leave H&F on 18:50 - Feb 8 with 2237 viewsTripleR

I can't understand the mad panic to leave LR. I personally would be mortified if we move.
We rarely have full houses these days and it doesn't look like we'll be back in the promised land of the EPL any time soon. So, why not make the most of what we have, fantastic atmosphere, history, great transport links and its Loftus Road FFS.
These out-of-town souless, cold, boring, Ikea flat pack stadia leave me with a feeling of dread of what we could soon call HQ.
QPR could leave H&F on 18:58 - Feb 8 with 2215 viewsHunterhoop

QPR could leave H&F on 18:50 - Feb 8 by TripleR

I can't understand the mad panic to leave LR. I personally would be mortified if we move.
We rarely have full houses these days and it doesn't look like we'll be back in the promised land of the EPL any time soon. So, why not make the most of what we have, fantastic atmosphere, history, great transport links and its Loftus Road FFS.
These out-of-town souless, cold, boring, Ikea flat pack stadia leave me with a feeling of dread of what we could soon call HQ.

Well, yes. Agree with this entirely. It’s unnecessary. Bournemouth are surviving and competing in the top league with 10,000 a week.
QPR could leave H&F on 19:18 - Feb 8 with 2173 viewsPunteR

QPR could leave H&F on 18:58 - Feb 8 by Hunterhoop

Well, yes. Agree with this entirely. It’s unnecessary. Bournemouth are surviving and competing in the top league with 10,000 a week.

For how long though?

Where's our stadium going to be in 10,20 ,40 years time? We can't keep slapping on blue hammerite paint every few years.
Its inevitable that we will move at some point. I'm just not confident in our current set of owners. I'm happy to wait it out till the malaysians go (could be a while i know).
I actually think the owners want to move us out of w12 and TF is making sure when we do that H&F gets the blame for it.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

QPR could leave H&F on 20:01 - Feb 8 with 2101 viewsTripleR

QPR could leave H&F on 19:18 - Feb 8 by PunteR

For how long though?

Where's our stadium going to be in 10,20 ,40 years time? We can't keep slapping on blue hammerite paint every few years.
Its inevitable that we will move at some point. I'm just not confident in our current set of owners. I'm happy to wait it out till the malaysians go (could be a while i know).
I actually think the owners want to move us out of w12 and TF is making sure when we do that H&F gets the blame for it.

How long ?
Bournemouth got a total payment of £111,246,515 in 2018
QPR could leave H&F on 20:04 - Feb 8 with 2096 viewsCamberleyR

QPR could leave H&F on 18:58 - Feb 8 by Hunterhoop

Not by choice though. They've been looking to relocate for a few years as they don't currently own Dean Court and have had trouble buying it back from the present landlord. Eddie Howe himself has said the only way they can see the benefit of their time in the Premier League is with a new stadium.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44111187

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR could leave H&F on 20:06 - Feb 8 with 2095 viewsPunteR

QPR could leave H&F on 20:01 - Feb 8 by TripleR

How long ?
Bournemouth got a total payment of £111,246,515 in 2018

Thats shirt buttons for TF. He'd have that spent in next to no time on crap mercenary players.

QPR could leave H&F on 20:18 - Feb 8 with 2075 viewsbarbicanranger

QPR could leave H&F on 14:46 - Feb 8 by WrightUp5hit___

How are the scum getting on negotiating their planning permission for their new stadium.

H&F happier dealing with the russian mafia?

Any one heard of demands for fan representation at board level, let alone fan ownership.

Then of course we've all heard about the wonderful community involvement of both the scum and the Fools.

Seems more than a little discriminatory at the moment.

Completely agree with this.

The quote above on the council's objectives re football clubs' ownership are also whimsical, unless the whole industry presses reset its pure fantasy to think fans could meaningfully participate in ownership. The best you can hope for is actually not far from what we have at QPR where the club and ownership are actively listening and discussing issues with fans (and in some cases acting on them).

I've finally listened to the podcast and can't say I think anything Tony says is that controversial. I don't see the property play that others are alluding to.
QPR could leave H&F on 20:31 - Feb 8 with 2044 viewsHadders

It's weird, but if we move to some dreary place I've never been, Rangers might not feel like my club anymore. Muswell Hill would be good though.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR could leave H&F on 21:02 - Feb 8 with 1995 viewsToast_R

Can't come quick enough for me, my knees cant take anymore seats cutting into them. The only alternative is converting the lower loft and school end to safe standing but seeing as lower loft is now a family only stand, that's a non starter. The pubs around the Bush have been in decline for over a decade now so pre match and post match drinks are more aggro than its worth. I'm ready to move to a better more comfortable stadium. As long as the team always play in hoops, will always be QPR for me.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 21:05]
QPR could leave H&F on 21:14 - Feb 8 with 1973 views18StoneOfHoop

QPR could leave H&F on 20:31 - Feb 8 by Hadders

It's weird, but if we move to some dreary place I've never been, Rangers might not feel like my club anymore. Muswell Hill would be good though.

Will there be a rope pull for my bicycle,Hadders?
Duck that calf destroying knackering barstard hill!
(~Nice when you're up there,mind. Bring back the Muswell Hill thread.)

Totally agree,Hadders. I live where I do purposefully from back in 1994 to be just 10 minutes cycle ride from the stadium from my home. Read Nick Hormby on getting a home close to Highbury.
With no great respect..Fack Feltham.

On the other hand..
It seems to me that there is no way whatsoever that interested public body parties or understandably NIMBY locals will let us build on the Scrubs. Non-starter. I still gasp at the thought of already pre Guinness Danes attending tubby me struggling to do a lap of the delapidated West London Stadium back in '78 aged 13. Reading the estimable yet entrenched Hoos statement on the offy I feel more convinced than ever that I'll never see a much needed - for the sake of my knees and the development of the club - new up-to-date preferred dream LCS option fit-for-purpose 20/25 k capacity stadium in my life prior to popping of clogs.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 6:33]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

QPR could leave H&F on 22:06 - Feb 8 with 1917 viewsHadders

QPR could leave H&F on 21:14 - Feb 8 by 18StoneOfHoop

Will there be a rope pull for my bicycle,Hadders?
Duck that calf destroying knackering barstard hill!
(~Nice when you're up there,mind. Bring back the Muswell Hill thread.)

Totally agree,Hadders. I live where I do purposefully from back in 1994 to be just 10 minutes cycle ride from the stadium from my home. Read Nick Hormby on getting a home close to Highbury.
With no great respect..Fack Feltham.

On the other hand..
It seems to me that there is no way whatsoever that interested public body parties or understandably NIMBY locals will let us build on the Scrubs. Non-starter. I still gasp at the thought of already pre Guinness Danes attending tubby me struggling to do a lap of the delapidated West London Stadium back in '78 aged 13. Reading the estimable yet entrenched Hoos statement on the offy I feel more convinced than ever that I'll never see a much needed - for the sake of my knees and the development of the club - new up-to-date preferred dream LCS option fit-for-purpose 20/25 k capacity stadium in my life prior to popping of clogs.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 6:33]

Lovely post pal, and all the better for your mention of Fever Pitch. As it happens, I watched a long interview with Hornby on YouTube only yesterday, talking mostly about his (excellent) screenwriting - he's such an smart yet unassuming, thoughtful, articulate chap, I'd listen to him talk about anything. And Fever Pitch is surely still the best book ever about this odd obsession we all have with Association Football. One thing he said once is relevant to this thread: describing the Emirates compared with Highbury, he said: "Everything's better, but nothing's as good."
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 11:06]
QPR could leave H&F on 22:10 - Feb 8 with 1900 viewsMiss_Terraces

QPR could leave H&F on 22:06 - Feb 8 by Hadders

Lovely post pal, and all the better for your mention of Fever Pitch. As it happens, I watched a long interview with Hornby on YouTube only yesterday, talking mostly about his (excellent) screenwriting - he's such an smart yet unassuming, thoughtful, articulate chap, I'd listen to him talk about anything. And Fever Pitch is surely still the best book ever about this odd obsession we all have with Association Football. One thing he said once is relevant to this thread: describing the Emirates compared with Highbury, he said: "Everything's better, but nothing's as good."
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 11:06]

Thank you, I now have a better description of new Wembley

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

QPR could leave H&F on 23:31 - Feb 8 with 1769 viewsEsox_Lucius

In a way, this could be summarised as "Do you support QPR?" or "Do you support the notion of QPR?" As one of hundreds who travel fairly long distances to get to games it won't cause me to give up following QPR if we aren't at Loftus Road and I can see the club's point that under FFP/ Profit & Sustainability rules we will never be competitive filling 3/4 of the stadium 23-25 times a season. Reading a lot of the posts above it would appear that even after many, many explanations some people just don't appear capable of grasping the simple truth that a new stadium will not be built for the sole purpose of QPR playing football.

The grass is always greener.

QPR could leave H&F on 23:31 - Feb 8 with 1768 viewsisawqpratwcity

QPR could leave H&F on 00:25 - Feb 8 by PunteR

Remember this image? Apparently we were to have a new stadium by 2018.

I dont trust TF ,never have. Our current owners are not the ones to take our club forward. For whatever reason they havnt managed to convince anybody that they can successfully make the the transition between football grounds . Its just one of those things.

"Apparently we were to have a new stadium by 2018."

Bloody hell, what do you expect? Do you think Fernandes can build a stadium and keep it in a box until he finds a site to put it on?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

QPR could leave H&F on 00:26 - Feb 9 with 1714 viewsPunteR

QPR could leave H&F on 23:31 - Feb 8 by isawqpratwcity

Bloody hell, what do you expect? Do you think Fernandes can build a stadium and keep it in a box until he finds a site to put it on?

I don't expect anything. Perhaps keep himself in a box until he finds a site.

QPR could leave H&F on 01:09 - Feb 9 with 1688 viewsisawqpratwcity

QPR could leave H&F on 00:26 - Feb 9 by PunteR

I don't expect anything. Perhaps keep himself in a box until he finds a site.

Just type "F*ck Fernandes": it's about as useful and it will save you heaps of time.

QPR could leave H&F on 01:15 - Feb 9 with 1683 viewsPunteR

QPR could leave H&F on 01:09 - Feb 9 by isawqpratwcity

Just type "F*ck Fernandes": it's about as useful and it will save you heaps of time.

Too obvious.
Besides it gives you something else to moan about.

QPR could leave H&F on 01:21 - Feb 9 with 1675 viewsisawqpratwcity

QPR could leave H&F on 01:15 - Feb 9 by PunteR

Too obvious.
Besides it gives you something else to moan about.

Moan, moan, moan.

QPR could leave H&F on 01:29 - Feb 9 with 1670 viewsPunteR

QPR could leave H&F on 01:21 - Feb 9 by isawqpratwcity

Moan, moan, moan.

yeh whats your point?

QPR could leave H&F on 01:46 - Feb 9 with 1653 viewsisawqpratwcity

QPR could leave H&F on 01:29 - Feb 9 by PunteR

yeh whats your point?

I was going to say that Fernandes can do no right by you, but then I see you post " I'll give credit to the TF at least he has tried to bring the heart and soul back to the club." on another thread.

So why do you take such a cheap shot as 'supposed to have a new stadium by 2018' when clearly the preferred option of remaining a local club is so difficult?

QPR could leave H&F on 02:11 - Feb 9 with 1629 viewsPunteR

QPR could leave H&F on 01:46 - Feb 9 by isawqpratwcity

I was going to say that Fernandes can do no right by you, but then I see you post " I'll give credit to the TF at least he has tried to bring the heart and soul back to the club." on another thread.

So why do you take such a cheap shot as 'supposed to have a new stadium by 2018' when clearly the preferred option of remaining a local club is so difficult?

I was just highlighting how poorly handled the whole moving stadium thing is by TF. I was actually suckered into thinking we were going to get an improved stadium back when that image was promoted. As Clive said in his report there seems to be big pieces missing from this whole saga . The Cargiant thing was just a joke and this latest spat is just as bad. I'm not sure why you would defend TF here when clearly he's doing something fundamentally wrong when dealing with London councils and businesses.
Maybe im wrong but the fact that he tried to buy West Ham (and failed) when there was obvious property development deals going on sort of backs up his real intentions.
As soon as he comes back on the scene there's a problem.
Call it a cheap shot if you like but the bloke continues to shoot himself in the foot.

QPR could leave H&F on 02:56 - Feb 9 with 1607 viewsisawqpratwcity

QPR could leave H&F on 02:11 - Feb 9 by PunteR

I was just highlighting how poorly handled the whole moving stadium thing is by TF. I was actually suckered into thinking we were going to get an improved stadium back when that image was promoted. As Clive said in his report there seems to be big pieces missing from this whole saga . The Cargiant thing was just a joke and this latest spat is just as bad. I'm not sure why you would defend TF here when clearly he's doing something fundamentally wrong when dealing with London councils and businesses.
Maybe im wrong but the fact that he tried to buy West Ham (and failed) when there was obvious property development deals going on sort of backs up his real intentions.
As soon as he comes back on the scene there's a problem.
Call it a cheap shot if you like but the bloke continues to shoot himself in the foot.

It is a cheap shot because we could have a new stadium in the time it takes for an Ikea flat-pack job to be assembled on a rubber-stamped site anywhere 40kms west or north-west of home, but who wants that?

There may well be big pieces missing from the saga. I haven't seen much about the internals of the negotiations with either Cargiant or H&F, but I definitely haven't seen enough to take their side over the club's. That last tweet from H&F was ridiculous. I should ask who the f*ck do they think they are but I'll take a more diplomatic lead from Lee Hoos and just welcome further discussion.

QPR could leave H&F on 04:01 - Feb 9 with 1585 viewsderbyhoop

Strikes me that QPR and H&F are engaged in a dialogue of the deaf.

We are not sustainable at Loftus Road. LCS represents the last possible site in H&F, but we shouldn't expect to get it at less than market value.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR could leave H&F on 07:04 - Feb 9 with 1511 views18StoneOfHoop

QPR could leave H&F on 04:01 - Feb 9 by derbyhoop

Strikes me that QPR and H&F are engaged in a dialogue of the deaf.

We are not sustainable at Loftus Road. LCS represents the last possible site in H&F, but we shouldn't expect to get it at less than market value.

the same old story; stick or twist?

the dialogue of the deaf

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

QPR could leave H&F on 08:58 - Feb 9 with 1418 viewsPunteR

QPR could leave H&F on 02:56 - Feb 9 by isawqpratwcity

It is a cheap shot because we could have a new stadium in the time it takes for an Ikea flat-pack job to be assembled on a rubber-stamped site anywhere 40kms west or north-west of home, but who wants that?

There may well be big pieces missing from the saga. I haven't seen much about the internals of the negotiations with either Cargiant or H&F, but I definitely haven't seen enough to take their side over the club's. That last tweet from H&F was ridiculous. I should ask who the f*ck do they think they are but I'll take a more diplomatic lead from Lee Hoos and just welcome further discussion.

The only side i'm on is QPR. Same as everyone else on here i just want what's best for the club.
Have we had issues with H&F in the past? Have Chelsea and Fulham?
Completely agree their tweets are ridiculous but how has it even got to public spats with the clubs owners?
Tony Fernandes seems to be the fall guy. There's other people involved here, or you'd like to think there is and its not just TF doing and saying things off his own back.

If the club release statements with pictures of a new stadium and say things like we should be in a new stadium by 2018, then how can you call it a cheap shot when in 2019 I flag up we are nowhere near it. ? in fact we're probably further than ever.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024