Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ospreys 14:27 - Feb 26 with 20344 viewsBanosswan

Whilst music to the ears of some on here, it's ridiculous to think that the WRU have considered merging them with the Blues, Scarlets or even disbanding altogether!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Ospreys on 10:36 - Mar 3 with 2834 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ospreys on 20:13 - Mar 2 by raynor94

Why for having an opinion, now if we were talking about the Whites it would be a totally different scenario, never bought in to this regional crap.

Do you attend Ospreys home games?

Can’t afford to go to both. The Swans are my team but that never stopped me from taking an interest in the Ospreys and taking their games on tv .

Of course regional rugby Wasn’t what I wanted to see and yes I’d have preferred the Whites to have gone from strength to strength but we are where we are, what’s done is done.

I’m calling you an idiot because you seem quite happy for professional rugby in this area to die and hand the Cardiff region who’ve not done anything in real terms in this regional era to thrive when young boys and girls locally as well as their families can’t watch pro rugby any more. Why be so f*cking selfish?? Just because it doesn’t affect you and Darren doesn’t mean thousands of other people won’t miss it.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ospreys on 10:38 - Mar 3 with 2830 viewsJackfath

Ospreys on 10:36 - Mar 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Can’t afford to go to both. The Swans are my team but that never stopped me from taking an interest in the Ospreys and taking their games on tv .

Of course regional rugby Wasn’t what I wanted to see and yes I’d have preferred the Whites to have gone from strength to strength but we are where we are, what’s done is done.

I’m calling you an idiot because you seem quite happy for professional rugby in this area to die and hand the Cardiff region who’ve not done anything in real terms in this regional era to thrive when young boys and girls locally as well as their families can’t watch pro rugby any more. Why be so f*cking selfish?? Just because it doesn’t affect you and Darren doesn’t mean thousands of other people won’t miss it.

Do you ever think people may post things to get a reaction?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ospreys on 11:07 - Mar 3 with 2804 viewsdickythorpe

More and more these days Jackfath. Someone reckons I start too many threads, I must have totally missed the reason for internet forums to exist.
Ospreys on 11:50 - Mar 3 with 2777 viewsJackfath

Ospreys on 11:07 - Mar 3 by dickythorpe

More and more these days Jackfath. Someone reckons I start too many threads, I must have totally missed the reason for internet forums to exist.

Too true. There’s a few who are very happy to dish out the expletives to posters too. It’s all very odd; grown men telling strangers on a forum that they’re a “C. nut” or a “tvvat”. There’s a couple of examples this morning.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ospreys on 12:06 - Mar 3 with 2768 viewsdickythorpe

Ospreys on 11:50 - Mar 3 by Jackfath

Too true. There’s a few who are very happy to dish out the expletives to posters too. It’s all very odd; grown men telling strangers on a forum that they’re a “C. nut” or a “tvvat”. There’s a couple of examples this morning.

There's a core of smashing posters on here. Then there's the bitter ones who want to disrupt that core.
But then it is an internet forum and agendas and motivations are anyone's guess.
I truly believe multiple usernames on here post conflicting opinions - which all adds to the show!!!
Ospreys on 10:04 - Mar 4 with 2630 viewsattila_the_hun

Ospreys on 14:30 - Feb 26 by Darran

Fuçk em.

I thought you were going to stop posting, did you realise you have nothing else in life?

"I'm Free"

Ospreys on 16:38 - Mar 4 with 2574 viewsTheArtChappy

Never been a rugby fan but im enjoying going to Gorseinon games. Was at a U13's cup game up glynneath in the rain yesterday considering the conditions it was a good physical game. They're home Thursday night and it's only a fiver to watch

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

Ospreys on 16:58 - Mar 4 with 2555 viewscymrojack

Swansea Rugby should immediately try to join the English Rugby pyramid.

Swansea Rugby as a brand has excellent potential playing in the right league.

Should this mean players not being eligible to play for Wales, so be it. Others can carry that responsibility.

Give me a Swansea Rugby side playing anglo-welsh games any day of the week.

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Login to get fewer ads

Ospreys on 21:26 - Mar 4 with 2457 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Well it’s happening then
Poor news for the city

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Ospreys on 21:36 - Mar 4 with 2441 viewsDrGonzo

And to think some regard rugby is the biggest sport in Wales.
Ospreys on 21:51 - Mar 4 with 2429 viewsmajorraglan

Looks like they are along about the Scarlets and Ospreys merging now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47443612
Ospreys on 21:59 - Mar 4 with 2409 viewsunion_jack

Ospreys on 21:36 - Mar 4 by DrGonzo

And to think some regard rugby is the biggest sport in Wales.

Only at international level as I mentioned earlier.

Wales can’t compete with the English club attendances. Look at what Leicester, Sarries, Wasps get week in week out and it puts regional clubs to shame.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Ospreys on 22:00 - Mar 4 with 2405 viewsJonathans_coat

Ospreys on 21:26 - Mar 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

Well it’s happening then
Poor news for the city

Nothing agreed yet, but it’s clear that the powers that be seriously have it in for the Ospreys.

The only existing region seemingly immune from this nonsense is the inept Dragons. I’m sure that has nothing to do with the fact that the WRU own the Dragons and Rodney Parade in entirety whatsoever!

All this disruption is because the WRU are obsessed with setting up a region in the rugby backwater of North Wales. They have form for this nonsense. The traditional rugby “heartland” of the South Wales valleys was totally ignored and disenfranchised by the introduction of regional rugby.

To think it’s possible that the two most successful regional sides could be forced to merge, while the two least successful teams are allowed to continue thier failure unmolested. The WRU are slowly killing welsh club rugby. A complete joke to believe it’s still the “national sport”.
Ospreys on 22:08 - Mar 4 with 2390 viewsunion_jack

Ospreys on 21:51 - Mar 4 by majorraglan

Looks like they are along about the Scarlets and Ospreys merging now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47443612

What will it be called? The Osplets or The Scareys 😄

Seriously though, it’s like merging Cardiff and Swansea football clubs. All the traditional rivalry, one of the best in the country will be eradicated by a stroke of a pen. Remarkable.

Ospreys on 22:13 - Mar 4 with 2383 viewsdickythorpe

WhatsApp full of ospreys group chats, dragons group chats.
Alun Wyn reckons there's a vote first tomorrow but it is likely ospreys and Scarlets to merge.
Corey Hill of dragons has told players who want to stay to sort contracts out quickly or take a punt on the north walian region which may have "coin"

Feck knows!
Ospreys on 22:26 - Mar 4 with 2363 viewsunion_jack

Ospreys on 22:13 - Mar 4 by dickythorpe

WhatsApp full of ospreys group chats, dragons group chats.
Alun Wyn reckons there's a vote first tomorrow but it is likely ospreys and Scarlets to merge.
Corey Hill of dragons has told players who want to stay to sort contracts out quickly or take a punt on the north walian region which may have "coin"

Feck knows!

So they’ve considered an Ospreys / Blues merger. Knocked that on the head (and rightly so). Now they’re considering an Ospreys / Scarlets merger which is actually more ridiculous. This is likely??

Why on earth have they not considered a Blues / Dragons merger. Newport and Cardiff are nearly one big metropolitan area or certainly will be. Dragons are and always have been cr@p but are not being threatened by this ‘reset’.

Unbelievable.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 22:26]

Ospreys on 22:35 - Mar 4 with 2347 viewsJonathans_coat

Ospreys on 22:26 - Mar 4 by union_jack

So they’ve considered an Ospreys / Blues merger. Knocked that on the head (and rightly so). Now they’re considering an Ospreys / Scarlets merger which is actually more ridiculous. This is likely??

Why on earth have they not considered a Blues / Dragons merger. Newport and Cardiff are nearly one big metropolitan area or certainly will be. Dragons are and always have been cr@p but are not being threatened by this ‘reset’.

Unbelievable.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 22:26]

Because the WRU own the Dragons and their stadium, lock, stock and barrel.

The whole thing stinks. Another Cardiff based “national body” taking the opportunity to give West Wales a kicking. This merger will leave the WRU owning 2 regions outright (Dragons, RGC 1404), and a third (Blues) in thier pocket. This all about money and power and very little about improving rugby in Wales.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 22:47]
Ospreys on 23:47 - Mar 4 with 2278 viewsmajorraglan

Ospreys on 22:35 - Mar 4 by Jonathans_coat

Because the WRU own the Dragons and their stadium, lock, stock and barrel.

The whole thing stinks. Another Cardiff based “national body” taking the opportunity to give West Wales a kicking. This merger will leave the WRU owning 2 regions outright (Dragons, RGC 1404), and a third (Blues) in thier pocket. This all about money and power and very little about improving rugby in Wales.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 22:47]

The Oreys and Scarlets have traditionally produced the bulk of the Wales players and a lot of good youngsters, merging them in to one entity seems mad.

The WRU have reduced the money available to the Premiership teams (which will downgrade the quality of that league) on the basis of introducing some kind of Regional Under 23 league, if the Ospreys and Scarlets merge what’s going to happen to that? (Not that I expect many people to rock up and watch an U23 game).

WRU have to be careful because rugby is, in my eyes in decline.
Ospreys on 00:07 - Mar 5 with 2261 viewstheloneranger

Ospreys on 16:58 - Mar 4 by cymrojack

Swansea Rugby should immediately try to join the English Rugby pyramid.

Swansea Rugby as a brand has excellent potential playing in the right league.

Should this mean players not being eligible to play for Wales, so be it. Others can carry that responsibility.

Give me a Swansea Rugby side playing anglo-welsh games any day of the week.

The All Whites had a chance with Cardiff after the "Rebel Season" of 1998/99 to leave the Welsh Premier Division and join the English Premiership, in the event of a cross-border British league not being set up by the 2000-01 season.

Despite this league not happening, the two clubs did not exercise their right to leave and remained in the Welsh structure ...

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ospreys on 07:30 - Mar 5 with 2144 viewstrinityann

Rugby definitely in decline, it's to stop/start type of game for the younger generation who only need a few seconds distraction to check out their phone. It's heading the same way as other sports like Snooker and Cricket.

The game also has to many bodybuilders and not enough Shane Williams/David Campese type entertainers. Its like watching Robot Wars at times, just smash after smash.

You're also asking for trouble when you have to pay a streaming site to view your games. This is the first season that I have not watched a single league game this season and to be honest not missed it either.
Ospreys on 07:33 - Mar 5 with 2136 viewsdickythorpe

The Pro 14 is a poor league. Why there hasn't been a British league by 2019 is beyond me!
Ospreys on 07:35 - Mar 5 with 2131 viewsunion_jack

Ospreys on 07:33 - Mar 5 by dickythorpe

The Pro 14 is a poor league. Why there hasn't been a British league by 2019 is beyond me!

It’s astounded me too Dicky. It would be good for all home unions but England don’t have the appetite for it I believe. Leicester v Ospreys in a league set-up would get the masses in I’m sure.

Up and about early today!?

Ospreys on 09:08 - Mar 5 with 2057 viewsProfessor

Ospreys on 23:47 - Mar 4 by majorraglan

The Oreys and Scarlets have traditionally produced the bulk of the Wales players and a lot of good youngsters, merging them in to one entity seems mad.

The WRU have reduced the money available to the Premiership teams (which will downgrade the quality of that league) on the basis of introducing some kind of Regional Under 23 league, if the Ospreys and Scarlets merge what’s going to happen to that? (Not that I expect many people to rock up and watch an U23 game).

WRU have to be careful because rugby is, in my eyes in decline.

Six times have the Ospreys and Scarlets won the Celtic/Pro14 between them. Compares to zero for the Blues and Dragons combined. Other than the first season (with no English teams), no welsh side has even made the main European final.

Ospreys and Scarlets have generated more players for Wales. I am not against a North Wales Region, but why not just wipe the slate clean and properly divide into regions. Why do Cardiff and Newport remain when they have both underachieved for 20 years.
Ospreys on 09:26 - Mar 5 with 2035 viewsvalleyboy

Ospreys on 10:36 - Mar 3 by Brynmill_Jack

It’s simple

If you want something, then you must support it

It’s as simple as that

Welsh rugby supporter are just a waste of space

Yes they are there for the internationals, but only about 6k on average support the regions

Any one of the English Premier Rygby clubs get, better attendances than all of the Welsh regions put together

And they say that Rygby is the main sport in Wales

What a laugh

There’s more people go fishing than watch Rygby
Ospreys on 09:39 - Mar 5 with 2028 viewsBanosswan

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024