Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren: Stick or Twist 18:48 - Mar 9 with 28387 viewsNortholt_Rs

I reckon Stick just because of our financial situation but that was god-awful today. Four points out of the last 30 is pretty depressing....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:04 - Mar 31 with 2043 views2Thomas2Bowles

We had a plan under Ollie

It got binned when they got hair island in going after a name and not doing due diligence (he has been crap for years) and changed course.

This is the fault of the owners and LF.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:10 - Mar 31 with 2020 views18StoneOfHoop

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:49 - Mar 31 by Antti_Heinola

have sympathy for those above though - it's been said a million times, but they've had to revolutionise how the club works. That, unfortunately, takes time. You could make an argument it's an achievement we've managed to stay in this division at all - bigger clubs have fallen faster.

Limp over the line then send for The Wild Thing to be installed on May 31st
Gareth been at Adams Park since September 2012,
second longest serving gaffer out of the EFL 72
Old cliche: taken The Chairboys as far as they can go.

Over-rated hamster faced Kenny Jackett will get taught a lesson by the Mackems at 2:30 pm today in The Checkatrade Cup. STOP PRESS Got that wrong as per bloody usual,well done Pompey!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 5:13]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:12 - Mar 31 with 2009 viewsbrad

its time to twist........we are lucky that bolton and rotherham are only beating us.....hes might be a good coach.......a very poor manager....SACK NOW
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:14 - Mar 31 with 2004 viewsTHEBUSH

Just about, stick with SMc until end of season, then he has to go.

If we could get Kenny Jacket, for next season, I'd be happy with that.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:14 - Mar 31 with 2004 viewsoldmisery

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:34 - Mar 31 by BklynRanger

I think I've seen enough now and would quite like him to leave. I just don't understand how someone with such experience could have such an apparent lack of ideas. We had nothing about us in midfield yesterday - no link up play at all, just knocking it back to fcuking Lynch who would then 'dispatch' it, doing his best Dan Marino impersonation, somewhere in the direction of Hemed's overpaid bonce.

The one time when Designated Playmaker Lynch put a decent pass along the deck to Scowen in an advanced position it caught everyone by such surprise that murmurs and coos of delight seemed to bubble up around me. We've become so used to this dross that ONE constructive pass has us weeping with joy. Outplayed by Bolton in both halfs and his only solution is to chuck a load of forwards on. I know it's the dog days of the season but this isn't acceptable and there's no reason at all to suppose he'll have any more of a clue come the middle of August.

At halftime whats-his-name, media bloke actually said "If you're not happy with what you've seen in the first half spare a thought for this lot who have walked 13 miles to be here today" - It's universally accepted that this is shit and McLaren has the thick temerity to use his post-match interview to quote how many crosses and shots we had in the match - hiding behind misleading stats to keep his job. Well he can fcuk off now. Eejit.

I'm in agreement with everything you say but, after years of watching the mismanagement of our club, I have no faith in the Board's ability to undertake a proper, considered recruitment process to determine a suitable successor. Doubtless they will eventually decide to appoint another failed 'name'. The only saving grace will be our status as a lower, lower Championship club; thus being no inducement to satisfy the ego of the likes of Pardew, Fat Sam, Clement, Cubishley, Lambert etc. etc.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:15 - Mar 31 with 1993 viewsactonman

We are the polar opposite of clubs like Watford , Brentford Swansea etc who can seamlessly change manager without compromising the way they play .

We can seamlessly change things aswell although we stay the same level of sh!ttynes .

I am no football manager but ffs 20 mins into that game yesterday and the alarm bells where ringing that maybe we could be doing things a bit better against another p!ss poor opposition
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:32 - Mar 31 with 1916 viewsMelakaRanger

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:15 - Mar 31 by actonman

We are the polar opposite of clubs like Watford , Brentford Swansea etc who can seamlessly change manager without compromising the way they play .

We can seamlessly change things aswell although we stay the same level of sh!ttynes .

I am no football manager but ffs 20 mins into that game yesterday and the alarm bells where ringing that maybe we could be doing things a bit better against another p!ss poor opposition

20 mins!

I reckon everyone around me realised this within 5 mins
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:57 - Mar 31 with 1841 viewsAntti_Heinola

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:15 - Mar 31 by actonman

Swansea?
Bit better this season but they've been a basket case for about 4 years.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 12:14 - Mar 31 with 1780 viewsonlyrinmoray

We might as well wait till the end of the season now The quality of the players is my main concern passing crossing control seems to me to be rubbish The players we can attract with our finances and our current stature isn't going to persuade anyone decent to join that includes managers

We really are in a mess last 3 seasons have been awful we will again be favourites to get relegated

If I had to choose someone it would be the Crowley brothers at Lincoln
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 12:15 - Mar 31 with 1779 viewspeejaybee

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:57 - Mar 31 by Antti_Heinola

Swansea?
Bit better this season but they've been a basket case for about 4 years.

Only 4 Years.???????????????????????????????????

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 12:38 - Mar 31 with 1741 viewspaulparker

Another boardroom fcuk up, we would have been better off giving Ollie the last year of his contract playing the youngsters and finnishing where we practically are now
Instead we sack him and have to pay his last year of his contract up and then employ Mclaren on a 2 year deal, we then bin off our youngsters and spend a ton of money on premiership has beens for loans who are either injured, not interested and not good enough (hamed is all 3 I would have actually preferred to seen Sylla given a go)
We are now in the position of having probably to pay Mclaren off his last year now and we are no further forward than last year
Brilliant , well done Tony and the board another shrewd bit of business there

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 12:48 - Mar 31 with 1713 viewsRangersw12

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 12:38 - Mar 31 by paulparker

Another boardroom fcuk up, we would have been better off giving Ollie the last year of his contract playing the youngsters and finnishing where we practically are now
Instead we sack him and have to pay his last year of his contract up and then employ Mclaren on a 2 year deal, we then bin off our youngsters and spend a ton of money on premiership has beens for loans who are either injured, not interested and not good enough (hamed is all 3 I would have actually preferred to seen Sylla given a go)
We are now in the position of having probably to pay Mclaren off his last year now and we are no further forward than last year
Brilliant , well done Tony and the board another shrewd bit of business there

The McClaren appointment stinks of Fernandes influence , a name and an ex England manager it ticks all the boxes

I reckon this is one of the worst seasons for many a year it's been abysmal
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 12:56 - Mar 31 with 1696 viewspaulparker

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 12:48 - Mar 31 by Rangersw12

The McClaren appointment stinks of Fernandes influence , a name and an ex England manager it ticks all the boxes

I reckon this is one of the worst seasons for many a year it's been abysmal

Agree it’s got to the point where I work overtime on Saturday now so I don’t have to go
There’s nothing about us anymore like I said a few posts back
Apart from the odd flash of skill from freeman or Eze this is one of the worst teams I’ve seen in 36 years of going, it’s a close one to the team of 2000 that’s how bad it is

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 13:06 - Mar 31 with 1671 viewsThGrimRanger

I say we should try something new and stick with a manager for once. We know swapping doesn't work for us despite a structure being put in place to enable that to happen.

The 3 seasons straight after our last relegation (ie. the 3 seasons before this one) to me have been just as much a failure as the 3 premier league seasons. During those championship seasons we spent far more on recruitment and wages that most other championship clubs what with the parachute money and making large losses to boot - but always looked more likely to be relegated than having a chance of making a play-off spot.

Now that's failure and nothing to do with McClaren. I know any criticism of our DF goes down like a sack of shite on this board but if it were me making the decision that's where i'd be looking to make changes.

The opportunity years have gone and barring a miracle then we're approaching a tipping point where the diminishing, aging and non-local fanbase will feed the downward spiral. Given the current outlook I don't see a new stadium can be viable.

Time now to change expectations and trim the fat.

TheGrimRanger

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 13:29 - Mar 31 with 1598 viewsCiderwithRsie

I still hanker after stability but if he is sacked he has no-one but himself to blame.

My heart would be lifted if Ainsworth got the job but my head reminds me of Gigi de Canio - I feel there must be others like him out there better than the usual suspects.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 13:29 - Mar 31 with 1591 viewsactonman

Get rid and let the players go out and amble about under their own devices cos that’s exactly what it looks like anyway.

Yesterday was the last straw for me , another defeat coming this Saturday , Are we really just going to sit back and accept this sh!t
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 13:47 - Mar 31 with 1557 viewsjohnhoop

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 13:29 - Mar 31 by actonman

Get rid and let the players go out and amble about under their own devices cos that’s exactly what it looks like anyway.

Yesterday was the last straw for me , another defeat coming this Saturday , Are we really just going to sit back and accept this sh!t

Agreed Acton. For the last three home games we could have had Jude the Cat in charge and it would have been difficult for him to do any worse than McLaren has done in picking, organizing and motivating the team.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 13:54 - Mar 31 with 1516 viewsDejR_vu

He has to go. That’s one win in 16 now I think; seven points from the last 48. The win before that run was against bottom Ipswich. Just how bad do you need to be to get the sack? It’s not even as though you can look at the performances and think there’s something there worth persevering with.

It would be nice if, for all the right reasons, they appointed someone i’d never heard of, someone well researched and targeted, but this lot couln’t find their own backsides with a map.

Of the known suspects i’d try and get Nigel Adkins. He’s used to working for idiots, he’s used to losing players and having no money but seems to do a decent job. He doesn’t come across as if he’s doing his clubs a favour, he probably wouldn’t look at us as a come-down. Not perfect by a long way, I don’t buy blind optimism, but, overall, I think he’s as good as we could possibly hope for.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 13:57 - Mar 31 with 1501 viewslave16

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 13:47 - Mar 31 by johnhoop

Agreed Acton. For the last three home games we could have had Jude the Cat in charge and it would have been difficult for him to do any worse than McLaren has done in picking, organizing and motivating the team.

How many players has Mcclaren improved this year at QPR?
Lumley - because he is playing each week
Furlong - - because he is playing each week
Eze - because he is playing each week

Manning - he improved at Rotherham

has had a negative effect on
Scowen - went backwards

Is this enough to keep him on?
Whats his plan for next year - loan a few more premiership players and stay abut 16th - 20th

Personally I am not sure what to do - whos available and is he better than them ?

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 14:01 - Mar 31 with 1479 viewsdaveB

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 13:57 - Mar 31 by lave16

How many players has Mcclaren improved this year at QPR?
Lumley - because he is playing each week
Furlong - - because he is playing each week
Eze - because he is playing each week

Manning - he improved at Rotherham

has had a negative effect on
Scowen - went backwards

Is this enough to keep him on?
Whats his plan for next year - loan a few more premiership players and stay abut 16th - 20th

Personally I am not sure what to do - whos available and is he better than them ?

I think Furlong, Lumley and Eze have all gone backwards this season
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 14:13 - Mar 31 with 1438 viewsDejR_vu

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 14:01 - Mar 31 by daveB

Lumley was a bit of an unknown quantity but Furlong has been going backwards and has been really poor for a while. Eze, again bit of an unknown, but has had a handful of good games and a lot more poor ones.

You could argue Freeman’s improved, but he was outstanding last year as well. Given his attitude I would think he’s got more to do with any improvement than McClaren.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 14:16 - Mar 31 with 1429 viewsPunteR

add Scowen

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 14:18 - Mar 31 with 1426 viewsBostonR

They have to stick with him given the season is almost over. Whether he is here beyond that is beyond me. What I do know is that a number of players should be shown the door. There must be better, hungrier and younger players in League 1 and some of the lower European leagues.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 14:20 - Mar 31 with 1418 viewsDejR_vu

The other reason he needs to go is because I can’t imagine the box office are having to take on extra staff to deal with the demand for Season Tickets. I’d imagine Lee Hoos is bricking it. He knew the parachute payments were stopping but probably didn’t account for having no ticket revenue.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 14:35 - Mar 31 with 1371 viewsThGrimRanger

very harsh to say Lumley has gone backwards this season. i think he’s had a decent season - he’s made some mistakes but looks solid and will only get better. also he’s only played a couple of times last season. i know the reports from blackpool we’re very good but this is a different level.

TheGrimRanger

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024