Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM confirmed as permanent manager 08:08 - Apr 3 with 12147 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/april/manager-announcement/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 12:10 - Apr 3 with 4022 viewsDorsetDale

For those expressing surprise the board didn't wait till season's end, on t'other thread, Fitzo says EFL regs make being a permanent manager easier than being caretaker. Don't know what that means but if it gives us that extra little edge it must be a good thing.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 13:29 - Apr 3 with 3846 viewstruenorth

Won't be the most popular post, I'm really underwhelmed.

Agree the team's been much improved over the past 4 games, but how often does a member of the backroom staff go on to be successful? And yes... Paisley, Mourinho, Keith. But they are so few and far between.

Nothing against BBM and good luck to him, but this feels like a short-sighted, money-saving move from the board.

Roll on death.

TN

Poll: BBM or relegation?

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 13:37 - Apr 3 with 3805 viewsfunkkk

Good luck BBM!

I don't really get it personally. Four games isn't enough to assess his abilities as a manager and he seemed happy enough to continue until he was told otherwise. As for the build up to the announcement, it was bizarre and unnecessary, but what do I know?
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 13:58 - Apr 3 with 3732 viewsBrierls

I think its the right choice. We've seen an upturn in performances, results and dare I say application since BBM took over. How much of this can be attributed to it being BBM's voice vs just a new/different voice is impossible to say, but its working. We can only really judge on what we've seen on the pitch and there has been improvement, there's no doubt about that.

It always came across that BBM was being groomed as Hilly's long term successor. I don't buy into the 'cheap option' theory, I think we've done well to maintain some sort of positive continuity of the Dale model/DNA or whatever we're calling it this week. The only question is why now and not at the end of the season? That doesn't really matter now, I suppose.

BBM comes across very very well to us as fans and the signs are he's having a similar impact on the players. Long may that continue.

BBMBA!
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 14:40 - Apr 3 with 3646 viewsjonahwhereru

Have been an advocate on here of BBM getting the job, but did not expect the announcement now.

This may be minimal gains c-ap but it working well at the moment. This announcement may cause a player or two just to react slightly differently now they have help him secure the position. I would have waited until we are safe or the end of the season.

Hoping this is another success story for promotion from within. Two years is the correct move. I would not want to work on a rolling 1 year contract, so why should BBM.
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 18:00 - Apr 3 with 3356 viewsYouTubeDale

Really pleased for BBM. Commeth the hour commeth the man. He has proved already, in my eyes, he has the enthusiastic backing of the players and that counts a lot. Promoting from within the club is the best way to go if the candidate is good enough. He’s a likeable guy, with a good footballing nouse, and therefore I too can support him with enthusiasm.

Whatever our league next year I feel we can look forward with optimism.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 22:01]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 19:53 - Apr 3 with 3154 viewswimborne_dale

Good!
Up The Dale.

Edgar Allan's Crow

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 20:37 - Apr 3 with 3057 viewsfrenzied

I wish him every success.

Suprised he’s decided to give it a go..hope he’s not doing matey radio work in 18 months time..
Login to get fewer ads

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 22:29 - Apr 3 with 2888 viewsrochdale1

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 11:12 - Apr 3 by electricblue

Im surprised its a 2yr deal tbh...
I thought a 12mths rolling contract may have been appropriate..

Propa uninspiring and bored. Keith Hill mark 2. Don’t get me wrong I respect BBM but this is a cheap lower league forward thinking from this club. Genuinely believe not just because of BBM but just the thinking. We are over. Lower leagues here we come
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 22:31 - Apr 3 with 2877 viewsfitzochris

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 22:29 - Apr 3 by rochdale1

Propa uninspiring and bored. Keith Hill mark 2. Don’t get me wrong I respect BBM but this is a cheap lower league forward thinking from this club. Genuinely believe not just because of BBM but just the thinking. We are over. Lower leagues here we come

We’re already in the lower leagues?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 22:37 - Apr 3 with 2854 viewsrochdale1

We will go down and next year we will struggle .

Fans won’t come back because of BBM this is just cheap. It needed a clean sweep. A new team to draw attention again. A bit of excitement. None met by this. It’s personal but just do not feel enspired to drag myself to next draw.
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 00:48 - Apr 4 with 2697 viewskiwidale

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 22:37 - Apr 3 by rochdale1

We will go down and next year we will struggle .

Fans won’t come back because of BBM this is just cheap. It needed a clean sweep. A new team to draw attention again. A bit of excitement. None met by this. It’s personal but just do not feel enspired to drag myself to next draw.

FFS are you forgetting just how shit we were before BBM came in. fark me what more do you want? so what if he will be cheap he has turned our form on its head and given us hope. 4 games ago we were without a pot to piss in now I fully expect us to get 52/53 points starting with a draw at least v Sunderland on Sat and a win on Tues v Accy who right now haven't got a point to piss in maybe Hill has been helping them.

This is not the time for bickering.

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 01:06 - Apr 4 with 2689 viewsrochdale_ranger

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 00:48 - Apr 4 by kiwidale

FFS are you forgetting just how shit we were before BBM came in. fark me what more do you want? so what if he will be cheap he has turned our form on its head and given us hope. 4 games ago we were without a pot to piss in now I fully expect us to get 52/53 points starting with a draw at least v Sunderland on Sat and a win on Tues v Accy who right now haven't got a point to piss in maybe Hill has been helping them.

I thought it was time for Hill to go and I think BBM should have been given the job on an interim BASIS with a move to make him permanent based on how well we do till the end of the season. After Hill was sacked Big gob bottomley was on the radio the other week bragging about how we have had applications from managers all over the country and Europe, he came on the radio a few days after that saying BBM was in charge for a block of games, then before BBMs first game in charge he came on the radio saying bbm was in charge till the end of the season. It seems to me like the new lot are winging it.
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 03:38 - Apr 4 with 2659 viewsDiddyDave

Looks like same old,same old to me,without Batman and Robin. Same backroom staff,hopefully same youth system and hopefully better results,though it`s come mightily close to the end of the season to get the train back on the tracks. I wish BBM and his crew all the success in the world,I just hope he hasn`t been handed a Mission Impossible that might follow him for the rest of his career.
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 06:06 - Apr 4 with 2608 viewsnordenblue

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 01:06 - Apr 4 by rochdale_ranger

I thought it was time for Hill to go and I think BBM should have been given the job on an interim BASIS with a move to make him permanent based on how well we do till the end of the season. After Hill was sacked Big gob bottomley was on the radio the other week bragging about how we have had applications from managers all over the country and Europe, he came on the radio a few days after that saying BBM was in charge for a block of games, then before BBMs first game in charge he came on the radio saying bbm was in charge till the end of the season. It seems to me like the new lot are winging it.

Surely you don't believe an ounce of what comes out of that chancers mouth, he is brimming with the brown stuff and stinks of self importance.
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 07:57 - Apr 4 with 2499 viewsNIGELdale

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 12:10 - Apr 3 by DorsetDale

For those expressing surprise the board didn't wait till season's end, on t'other thread, Fitzo says EFL regs make being a permanent manager easier than being caretaker. Don't know what that means but if it gives us that extra little edge it must be a good thing.

Don’t often post on here more on the Facebook site I’m pleased with this appointment as we could have gone down the other route with a journey manager BBM knows the club inside out. Time for all fans to forget the past and look forward to the fight to stay up. I think we will just.
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:09 - Apr 4 with 2484 viewsSuddenLad

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 06:06 - Apr 4 by nordenblue

Surely you don't believe an ounce of what comes out of that chancers mouth, he is brimming with the brown stuff and stinks of self importance.

Without a doubt. Our own version of the Fat Controller, (now in total control) can't remember what he says from one week to the next. Made up 'on the hoof' to satisfy listening ears. When is the next edition of 'Daves' Diarrhoea Diaries' due out, anyway ?

I hope BBM gets 100% freedom to run things the way he wants, without interference from elsewhere. Dealing with someone who has an ego the size of a Baltic state won't be easy for him. Now that he has the keys to the Empire, he'll want to maximise his influence. Hopefully, that doesn't extend to the dressing room.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 09:38 - Apr 4 with 2417 viewsrochdale_ranger

I thought the criticism of him at first was petty and uncalled for. The more I see of him the more I’m inclined to agree with criticism of him. An empty vessel if ever their was one.
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 14:28 - Apr 4 with 2289 viewsJimmyRustler

Just to add, the fixtures have been pretty kind to BBM. Don't get me wrong we were going nowhere fast under KH (and we lost at home to bottom club Wimbledon under him) but the team really haven't had a tough game yet (on paper). Saturday is the first big test and will tell us a lot about BBM and the team. I'm not soiling my knickers just yet after a 4 game unbeaten run against mostly rabble
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 14:44 - Apr 4 with 2237 viewsrochdale_ranger

To be honest he comes across as a tit before he became chief executive. A media hungry publicity whore if ever there was one.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/super-supporters-issue-r
[Post edited 4 Apr 2019 14:45]
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 11:36 - Feb 17 with 1009 viewsJames1980

Makes interesting reading with the benefit of hindsight.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 11:48 - Feb 17 with 956 viewsncfc_chalky

Chuffing hell this is the second 'new' thread that I've read this week that has turned out to be an old one bumped up and this one didn't make sense at the until I noticed the date,can't you Daley's invest in Netflix or summat if you are bored

I'm marking you down James for this

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 11:50 - Feb 17 with 945 views442Dale

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 11:48 - Feb 17 by ncfc_chalky

Chuffing hell this is the second 'new' thread that I've read this week that has turned out to be an old one bumped up and this one didn't make sense at the until I noticed the date,can't you Daley's invest in Netflix or summat if you are bored

We could always bump one from...

No, see, nice.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 11:51 - Feb 17 with 940 viewsJames1980

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 11:48 - Feb 17 by ncfc_chalky

I did put bump Chalky to suggest it was an old thread.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 11:59 - Feb 17 with 905 viewsncfc_chalky

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 11:51 - Feb 17 by James1980

I did put bump Chalky to suggest it was an old thread.

The trouble is you don't get to see it's bumped until the end,I first I took it that BBM had signed a longer contract and it wasn't making sense until about six posts in

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024