Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations Dale 16:54 - Apr 26 with 2511 viewsphilofOAFC

Not been on for a while as there has been a lot going on over at Boundary Park for my attention. With that, coupled with the events at Bury and Bolton, Dale's survival has passed almost unnoticed. From a seemingly impossible position again this season, the Dale have turned it round again and under BBM have secured some great results to lead to safety in Division One. Wishing all you Daleys have a good summer and maybe, just maybe we might join you in League One again next season (doubtful but hope springs eternal), credit to the management team, players and fans.
Congratulations Dale on 17:00 - Apr 26 with 2474 viewsRodingdale

Thanks. But we’re not safe yet.
Congratulations Dale on 17:02 - Apr 26 with 2453 viewsMolly

Congratulations Dale on 17:00 - Apr 26 by Rodingdale

Thanks. But we’re not safe yet.

I'll give you 150/1 that we are. NB This is a "non tweaking" statement as it is based on fact.
Congratulations Dale on 17:06 - Apr 26 with 2441 viewsphilofOAFC

Sorry, are you not? Surely 50 points+ is guaranteed to see you safe this season?
Congratulations Dale on 17:12 - Apr 26 with 2416 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Congratulations Dale on 17:06 - Apr 26 by philofOAFC

Sorry, are you not? Surely 50 points+ is guaranteed to see you safe this season?

We have one problemo Phil........our dreaded Goal Difference!
Congratulations Dale on 17:52 - Apr 26 with 2312 viewsShun

Effectively we are, just some people are being overly-cautious!
Congratulations Dale on 18:04 - Apr 26 with 2292 viewsaleanddale

Not Mathematically but 150/1 gives me some confidence.

Hope we make mathematical certainty with a resounding win rather than help from Accy and Wycombe!!

Up the Dale.
Congratulations Dale on 18:36 - Apr 26 with 2203 viewsdingdangblue

Hopefully too many teams below us to go down...
However the fact we are playing one of them (Southend) could either be a godsend or a disaster.
Wycombe can do us a massive favour by getting a point at Wimbledon and it will be academic what we do.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Congratulations Dale on 19:32 - Apr 26 with 2078 viewsD_Dale

It's a bit similar to your team: mathematically, OAFC could make the play-offs - and probably will if you win 9 points from the last 3 games. But I'd guess the bookies are offering long odds against it happening (probably not the 150/1 in Dale's case). I'm sure there'll be a few of your fans at Exeter tomorrow mindful of the chance of going up.

Incidentally, the prediction league thread on this forum includes the Exeter game. A 1-1 draw seems to be the most common prediction.
Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations Dale on 19:40 - Apr 26 with 2063 viewsphilofOAFC

I think a 1-1 draw is the most probable outcome for Oldham at Exeter. I think we have a bit too much to do to get in the play offs. I still think we are far too brittle off-the-field to return to league 1 as yet. Will probably meet Dale again in the Checkatrade.
All the best for tomorrow
Congratulations Dale on 20:12 - Apr 26 with 1983 viewsWalboro

Look Phil im a Dale supporter coming up to 50 years yes we have rivals and local derbys but Bury and yourselves have rode your luck over the past years with the owners playing Russian Roulette with your teams and hoping to get beyond we are. I work with a few Oldham fans who i have banter with but i have gained a bit more respect lately with the person you have in charge because he is a real fan and in that i wish you all the best.
Congratulations Dale on 21:54 - Apr 26 with 1829 viewsphilofOAFC

I hate the way Latics have been run and I am not convinced we know the full extent of the debt. I love OAFC like I did when I first met them in 1970 but hate the way we have been corrupted. I just want to enjoy watching football at whatever level we are playing at, have a few beers and a bit of light hearted banter with away fans. Its not the STATE of OAFC that offends me, its the STATE. I want sanity to return to the game in England but fear things are too far gone for that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024