Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jake Bidwell 11:00 - Jul 2 with 12271 viewsalibaba

Signing today
Jake Bidwell on 16:16 - Jul 2 with 3131 viewsthornabyswan

Jake Bidwell on 11:26 - Jul 2 by jackrmee

32 assists and 7 goals in 374 matches. More than one every 10, and it doesn't show how many of those appearances are full matches.

How does that compare to our fullbacks?

Seems decent, if not exciting.

Yes sounds a solid signing

I wonder who has recommended him do we have a scout yet.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Jake Bidwell on 16:18 - Jul 2 with 3126 viewspencoedjack

Welcome

YJB
Jake Bidwell on 17:19 - Jul 2 with 2914 viewsBadlands

Jake Bidwell on 16:16 - Jul 2 by thornabyswan

Yes sounds a solid signing

I wonder who has recommended him do we have a scout yet.

Out of contract.
Sounds like a general trawl of out of contract players and a word with Angel.
Positives - English, Championship player.
Negatives - at 26 he should be at his peak but is out of contract with no offers last season.
The sort of signing I would have expected two or three season ago but had hoped for a better defender - could be an older version of Declan John.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Jake Bidwell on 17:20 - Jul 2 with 2912 viewsCaptain_Sham

Decent signing. Few more please.

Its just a ride.

Jake Bidwell on 18:18 - Jul 2 with 2725 viewscontroversial_jack

Jake Bidwell on 17:19 - Jul 2 by Badlands

Out of contract.
Negatives - at 26 he should be at his peak but is out of contract with no offers last season.
The sort of signing I would have expected two or three season ago but had hoped for a better defender - could be an older version of Declan John.

We are 2 or 3 seasons worse off
Jake Bidwell on 18:29 - Jul 2 with 2678 viewsLuther27

Out of contract.

Well, let's give the lad a chance....you never know.
Jake Bidwell on 18:36 - Jul 2 with 2660 viewsjackrmee

Out of contract.

Steve Cooper has said Jake Bidwell turned down offers from other Championship clubs before joining. QPR also would have kept him if they could afford it according to Les Ferdinand.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jake Bidwell on 18:45 - Jul 2 with 2627 viewsjackrmee

Jake Bidwell on 15:41 - Jul 2 by BostonR

R's fan here.

He is a decent Championship full-back, but needs a strong centre-back alongside him otherwise he gets exposed. Not the quickest, but very physical.

Do not expect a marauding full-back as he struggles to beat a man (does not have a trick). Upside is that he is very fit and rarely injured.

Maybe he didn't go forward as much in QPRs system?
Seems like Cooper sees more in him...sounds very promising to me.

“Jake had offers from a lot of Championship clubs, so the fact that he believes in what we are doing here speaks volumes. It shows he really wants to be part of it.

“Jake has a wealth of Championship experience with around 200 games at this level, including a promotion and a place in the league’s team of the year.

“He is a left-back who fits the way we want to play. He can go forward and attack, plus he’s a very good and efficient defender. We are going to need both aspects with the brand of football I want to play, both with and without the ball.

“There is a great spirit among the group we have here, and it was vital we did our due diligence on Jake as a person as well as a footballer."

“We are going to be selective with everyone we bring in to ensure they have the right character to supplement a group that’s already together in a positive way.

“It’s really important to me because if we achieve what we want to achieve then everyone has to be pulling in the same direction - and the right direction.

“I spoke to a lot of people about Jake’s character. Leon (Britton) also spoke to Angel (Rangel) about him as they played together at QPR. Everything came back positive.’’

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Jake Bidwell on 19:01 - Jul 2 with 2574 viewsjackrmee

Jake Bidwell on 13:26 - Jul 2 by Badlands

Sorry to be less than impressed.
I remember him from our hame game last season only because he stood around like a seagull.

If you check out the clips he's number 3 ... or the fullback watching us score 2 and helping in a third.

Whoscored rated him 6.66 (Rangle 6.94) and list as weaknesses .....
passing
and
tackling.

Style of Play
Likes to play long balls
Likes to shoot from distance
Likes to cross
Does not dive into tackles
Commits fouls often

Back up for John?

Seems like he's first to admit that day was difficult for him...

Jake Bidwell.
"That was a game that left an impression on me because it was a long afternoon for us.
"Chasing shadows at The Liberty stuck in my mind.
“It was 3-0 in the end but we were chasing shadows for most of the afternoon. The style of play is obviously attacking football, which is what the fans want to see.
“I think it will suit me well, I like the chance to try and get forward from full-back and hopefully I can add to the team and help them improve.”

Bidwell also explained how speaking to Cooper, plus Swans' full-backs past and present in Angel Rangel and Connor Roberts, had been instrumental in his decision to turn down offers from elsewhere to sign on in South Wales.

Jake Bidwell on 19:07 - Jul 2 with 2560 viewsMrSwerve

Thought Bidwell was our new shirt sponsor for a sec.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Jake Bidwell on 21:05 - Jul 2 with 2328 viewsBadlands

Jake Bidwell on 19:01 - Jul 2 by jackrmee

Seems like he's first to admit that day was difficult for him...

Jake Bidwell.
"That was a game that left an impression on me because it was a long afternoon for us.
"Chasing shadows at The Liberty stuck in my mind.
“It was 3-0 in the end but we were chasing shadows for most of the afternoon. The style of play is obviously attacking football, which is what the fans want to see.
“I think it will suit me well, I like the chance to try and get forward from full-back and hopefully I can add to the team and help them improve.”

Bidwell also explained how speaking to Cooper, plus Swans' full-backs past and present in Angel Rangel and Connor Roberts, had been instrumental in his decision to turn down offers from elsewhere to sign on in South Wales.

The Whoscored comments were a summary of his season not just the Swans game.
Watched a few more QPR highlights & my initial hope is he won't be a duffer.
Maybe not I've seen too little of him and from what I have seen he's not my type of fullback. Leaves too much space, slow getting back, not a great tackler and he clearances often look a bit aimless.
Remember Franck?
Hopefully I will be proven completely wrong.

Jake Bidwell on 21:58 - Jul 2 with 2213 viewspencoedjack

Jake Bidwell on 21:05 - Jul 2 by Badlands

Maybe not I've seen too little of him and from what I have seen he's not my type of fullback. Leaves too much space, slow getting back, not a great tackler and he clearances often look a bit aimless.
Remember Franck?

Sad to see more posts on a bunch of girls playing football than our new signing
Jake Bidwell on 22:01 - Jul 2 with 2199 viewsOldjack

Jake Bidwell on 21:58 - Jul 2 by pencoedjack

Sad to see more posts on a bunch of girls playing football than our new signing

plenty of time to chew over our new signing

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Jake Bidwell on 22:04 - Jul 2 with 2185 viewspencoedjack

Jake Bidwell on 22:01 - Jul 2 by Oldjack

plenty of time to chew over our new signing

Aye I see you've been scouting fella 👍
Jake Bidwell on 00:08 - Jul 3 with 2014 viewsjackrmee

Jake Bidwell on 21:05 - Jul 2 by Badlands

Remember Franck?

"Whoscored comments"? You've lost me.

Jake Bidwell on 00:16 - Jul 3 with 2013 viewsBadlands

Jake Bidwell on 00:08 - Jul 3 by jackrmee

"Whoscored comments"? You've lost me.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/82971/Show/Jake-Bidwell

Jake Bidwell on 00:25 - Jul 3 with 2002 viewsjackrmee

Jake Bidwell on 00:16 - Jul 3 by Badlands

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/82971/Show/Jake-Bidwell

Ah I see. Nice 1

Jake Bidwell on 03:22 - Jul 3 with 1953 viewsWanderer

“There is a great spirit among the group we have here, and it was vital we did our due diligence on Jake as a person as well as a footballer."

“We are going to be selective with everyone we bring in to ensure they have the right character to supplement a group that’s already together in a positive way.

“It’s really important to me because if we achieve what we want to achieve then everyone has to be pulling in the same direction - and the right direction.

“I spoke to a lot of people about Jake’s character. Leon (Britton) also spoke to Angel (Rangel) about him as they played together at QPR. Everything came back positive.’’

If I didn't know that was Cooper, would have sworn those sound bites came BR.
Jake Bidwell on 09:45 - Jul 3 with 1742 viewsBadlands

Jake Bidwell on 03:22 - Jul 3 by Wanderer

If I didn't know that was Cooper, would have sworn those sound bites came BR.

After Angel's leaving and spat on Twitter he could be getting his own back

Jake Bidwell on 10:03 - Jul 3 with 1697 viewsdameedna

Jake Bidwell on 09:45 - Jul 3 by Badlands

After Angel's leaving and spat on Twitter he could be getting his own back

So looks like John and Bidwell.
It has been a while hopefully we have regular competition for the slot.
If Grimes stays a further option.

Right back between Roberts and Naughton.
If they both stay that is a very solid full back sqaud to have with both able to play left side if required.

I dont mind picking up players at 26 we saw how the inout of Routs Naughton and Dyer gave us a new dynamic last year.

Rangel the ultimate pro keeping his finger in the pie.
Jake Bidwell on 10:12 - Jul 3 with 1683 viewsBadlands

Jake Bidwell on 10:03 - Jul 3 by dameedna

So looks like John and Bidwell.
It has been a while hopefully we have regular competition for the slot.
If Grimes stays a further option.

Right back between Roberts and Naughton.
If they both stay that is a very solid full back sqaud to have with both able to play left side if required.

I dont mind picking up players at 26 we saw how the inout of Routs Naughton and Dyer gave us a new dynamic last year.

Rangel the ultimate pro keeping his finger in the pie.

I wasn't convinced by Connor for most of last season - IMO he either plays as a full back or wide midfielder or we change formation to cover his defensive position when he attacks.
I hope Grimes will insist on keeping his midfield role where he can develop rather than being used as the 'Jack of all trades' player that will keep him in the Championship.

Jake Bidwell on 11:51 - Jul 3 with 1621 viewsNotLoyal

Jake Bidwell on 11:55 - Jul 2 by Pegojack

Not bad as an out of contract signing. I wonder if Coopet knows him from his England youth days or was that before Cooper's time?

Could be Marsh, Bidwell started on Merseyside.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Jake Bidwell on 13:01 - Jul 3 with 1528 viewsGaz_M

Good signing. No brainer.
Jake Bidwell on 13:04 - Jul 3 with 1519 viewsjackrmee

Jake Bidwell on 10:12 - Jul 3 by Badlands

I wasn't convinced by Connor for most of last season - IMO he either plays as a full back or wide midfielder or we change formation to cover his defensive position when he attacks.
I hope Grimes will insist on keeping his midfield role where he can develop rather than being used as the 'Jack of all trades' player that will keep him in the Championship.

I agree Grimes' best position is midfield, but any player who insists where he plays needs a clip across the lughole. Your manager decides and that is that.

Jake Bidwell on 15:59 - Jul 3 with 1409 viewsGroo

Interesting fact is he started at Everton as a goalkeeper, had to re-trial when he wanted to change to an outfield position.

Groo does what Groo does best

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024