Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jake Bidwell 11:00 - Jul 2 with 12550 viewsalibaba

Signing today
Jake Bidwell on 19:05 - Jul 3 with 1717 viewsjackrmee

Jake Bidwell on 15:59 - Jul 3 by Groo

Interesting fact is he started at Everton as a goalkeeper, had to re-trial when he wanted to change to an outfield position.

Coopie wants him in goals!!!

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jake Bidwell on 14:39 - Jul 5 with 1400 viewsSwanseaman

Jake Bidwell on 21:58 - Jul 2 by pencoedjack

Sad to see more posts on a bunch of girls playing football than our new signing

Pros: Lots of championship experience - described as having pedigree quality at championship level, has been captain so has leadership potential, good crosser of the ball, has made plenty of assists, scored a few goals, good with his head, likes to go forward when he can, not too old - just turned 26, good at long balls, can shoot at distance, does't dive into tackles, left footed, on a free it's a good deal, tall, good engine, rarely injured, strong, physical, not yet at his peak, had plenty of interest from other teams, has a good character, rated from 6 to 7 most games (whoscored rated him 6.66 with Rangle at 6.94), worth 1.8m on transfermarkt so could sell him on at around 1mil + next season if it doesn't work out.

Cons, lacking pace (I thought we would be building a youthful energetic pacy team), makes errors that can lead to goals against us, not so good at passing (may improve with time, but may not), not so good at tackling, commits fouls often, sometimes leaves too much space, can be slow getting back, clearances can be hit or miss, lots of yellow cards, not as young as I was hoping for, doesn't rate more that 6 or 7 most games, may lack much room for any significant improvement.

I've probably missed some out, but lots of good and bad. For me I was hoping for players with more pace, younger and more potential for improvement. But I can see that we need some older more experienced players, and we were in need to reinforce the position he can play at.

If Cooper can improve his negative qualities and also his positives then it would be a very good signing. Just a pity about his pace, as it will obviously weaken us at times during certain games - and if we play a very pacy team with quick forwards, they could run rings around him (as we did). Could we work on and improve his speed and pace at all?

So not really an exciting signing, more of a proven quite dependable singing - although he may well improve a lot and become a much better player with us.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 14:42]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Jake Bidwell on 15:29 - Jul 5 with 1326 viewsNotLoyal

Jake Bidwell on 14:39 - Jul 5 by Swanseaman

Pros: Lots of championship experience - described as having pedigree quality at championship level, has been captain so has leadership potential, good crosser of the ball, has made plenty of assists, scored a few goals, good with his head, likes to go forward when he can, not too old - just turned 26, good at long balls, can shoot at distance, does't dive into tackles, left footed, on a free it's a good deal, tall, good engine, rarely injured, strong, physical, not yet at his peak, had plenty of interest from other teams, has a good character, rated from 6 to 7 most games (whoscored rated him 6.66 with Rangle at 6.94), worth 1.8m on transfermarkt so could sell him on at around 1mil + next season if it doesn't work out.

Cons, lacking pace (I thought we would be building a youthful energetic pacy team), makes errors that can lead to goals against us, not so good at passing (may improve with time, but may not), not so good at tackling, commits fouls often, sometimes leaves too much space, can be slow getting back, clearances can be hit or miss, lots of yellow cards, not as young as I was hoping for, doesn't rate more that 6 or 7 most games, may lack much room for any significant improvement.

I've probably missed some out, but lots of good and bad. For me I was hoping for players with more pace, younger and more potential for improvement. But I can see that we need some older more experienced players, and we were in need to reinforce the position he can play at.

If Cooper can improve his negative qualities and also his positives then it would be a very good signing. Just a pity about his pace, as it will obviously weaken us at times during certain games - and if we play a very pacy team with quick forwards, they could run rings around him (as we did). Could we work on and improve his speed and pace at all?

So not really an exciting signing, more of a proven quite dependable singing - although he may well improve a lot and become a much better player with us.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 14:42]

Pass the ball to someone in the same colour shirt and he is on to a winner.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Jake Bidwell on 15:44 - Jul 5 with 1304 viewsBadlands

Jake Bidwell on 15:29 - Jul 5 by NotLoyal

Pass the ball to someone in the same colour shirt and he is on to a winner.

That was one of his weakest attributes!
TBH would we have looked at him if he wasn't out of contract?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Jake Bidwell on 19:48 - Jul 5 with 1192 viewsSwanseaman

I've been looking at some videos of him, one from Sep 2013 where he seems to have potential, and he dont look that slow, at 2:28 he goes on a sprint and not a bad turn of speed. He seemed to play better in the 2nd half of the vid:

Possibly coming from the Everton youth academy, then going to Brentford and QPR, our style of play may suit him more and improve him?

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Jake Bidwell on 19:57 - Jul 5 with 1178 viewsSwanseaman

He got young player of the month award feb 2014:

Got an assist and goal this game against villa away 13/03/18:

Jake Bidwell on 20:37 - Jul 5 with 1142 viewsdickythorpe

Great signing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024