Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew Staying 19:00 - Sep 1 with 15840 viewstreehuggerjack

Looks that way!
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/andre-ayew-commits-swansea-city
Ayew Staying on 12:58 - Sep 2 with 2380 viewsjack247

Ayew Staying on 12:25 - Sep 2 by bakajack

Delighted that Ayaw has committed to staying (taken with as much as a pinch of salt as possible since we all know how football is). You could probably count the number of players with as much big game experience and knowhow in the Championship as Ayew on one hand.

Also I agree that Cooper seems to have an incredible knack for picking substitutions that make a positive change on the game. How often have his substitutions so far this season scored, assisted or won a penalty?

Genuine question now that I have asked it, I am curious to know.

I made this point after the Birmingham game. It’s not just the goals and the assists, we were completely different teams in the second halves against Preston and Birmingham when he brought Byers and Naughton on respectively. You could certainly say the same about Ayew vs Northampton, though you’d half expect it in those circumstances. Not even counting Surridge against QPR as although he scored, didn’t massively change the way we were playing.

His substitutions have been brilliant.
Ayew Staying on 13:04 - Sep 2 with 2349 viewsTom1912

Part of the reason his substitutions have been working so well, and I'm not taking anything away from Cooper because he is using the tools at his disposal very effectively, is that we have a very strong squad. We have competition across most the pitch-certainly in the attacking positions, which are the ones we've wanted to change most recently, to get goals.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 13:13]
Ayew Staying on 13:11 - Sep 2 with 2313 viewslondonlisa2001

Ayew Staying on 21:56 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

If Ayew is to be believed then decent offers were received yet he's still here.

The sales of both McBurnie and James have made a massive difference to the clubs outlook. I'd imagine that deep down Birch and co would prefer to not have Baston, Ayew and probably a couple of others on the payroll but there's breathing space now.

A decent offer for Ayew isn’t the same as a decent offer for the club.

If a team makes a loan offer for him paying only a quarter of his wages, it’s a good offer for him (he gets the same money whatever) but bad for the club.

If someone had made an offer to take him via a sale or a loan that covers all wages (or even most) I suspect he’d have gone. If someone only offers to cover £20k a week, then he’s good value for us to keep him in that situation as his worth to us would be far higher than £20k per week.

Who knows what’s been offered and by whom, but it’s certainly the case that the club wanted to offload him and haven’t been able to. They said so a number of times.

Good news for the team, of course, as he’s too good for this division, and showing the level of application he has so far, it makes a huge difference. Our attacking strength in depth is excellent - best for years. To be able to bring on people like Surridge, Routledge and still have Peterson, Kalulu etc in reserve is fantastic.
Ayew Staying on 13:11 - Sep 2 with 2324 viewsjasper_T

Potter was getting all the plaudits for his substitutions this time last season as well. Great mark in his favour that he could rescue games, we said.

That praise tailed off once he started using our best team from the outset.
Ayew Staying on 13:24 - Sep 2 with 2293 viewsjack247

Ayew Staying on 13:11 - Sep 2 by jasper_T

Potter was getting all the plaudits for his substitutions this time last season as well. Great mark in his favour that he could rescue games, we said.

Are you implying we finished with a stronger team than we started with Saturday?
Ayew Staying on 13:29 - Sep 2 with 2282 viewsjasper_T

Ayew Staying on 13:24 - Sep 2 by jack247

Are you implying we finished with a stronger team than we started with Saturday?

No hidden messages. Potter had the same reputation in the first half of last season when we were (I think) the best team in the league for picking up points from losing positions (also losing points from winning ones). Frequently changed games by making changes.
Ayew Staying on 13:36 - Sep 2 with 2254 viewslondonlisa2001

Ayew Staying on 13:11 - Sep 2 by jasper_T

If that was a response to my post, I didn’t mention anything about ability with substitutions other than as an indication of more strength in depth.

We both started and ended with the right team on Saturday which is why we won with a clean sheet.
Ayew Staying on 14:22 - Sep 2 with 2186 viewsjack247

Ayew Staying on 13:29 - Sep 2 by jasper_T

No hidden messages. Potter had the same reputation in the first half of last season when we were (I think) the best team in the league for picking up points from losing positions (also losing points from winning ones). Frequently changed games by making changes.

In which case, he deserved the accolades, as Cooper does now. I’m sure Cooper will take a bit of flak at some point for making an aggressive substitution when we’re winning and we end up dropping points.

In fairness to Potter, he wasn’t allowed to pick his best team until halfway through the season when Routledge (and Dyer?) were made available.
Login to get fewer ads

Ayew Staying on 14:36 - Sep 2 with 2151 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ayew in my honest opinion has given this team an extra 20 %. He’s provided assists , goals, great defensive work and his hold up play has enabled the rest of the team to catch up and players to run beyond him or win a throw in the opposition half. Hardly anyone can actually get the ball off him.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ayew Staying on 14:37 - Sep 2 with 2147 viewsperchrockjack

Bryn.
We cool now?

Ayew might well be a grewedy kock but right now,he stands out.In fact ,arguably the most skilful and effective in the league.

Keeping him would be massive

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Ayew Staying on 15:02 - Sep 2 with 2119 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ayew Staying on 14:37 - Sep 2 by perchrockjack

Bryn.
We cool now?

Ayew might well be a grewedy kock but right now,he stands out.In fact ,arguably the most skilful and effective in the league.

Keeping him would be massive

Of course we are. And yes, he’s arguably the best player in this league. Possibly by some distance. Glad he’s staying.

Ayew Staying on 15:22 - Sep 2 with 2082 viewsperchrockjack

To me,quite simply ,we need to keep out nerve and look long term as we can surely go up,I believe as champions, as I cannot see anyone in this league to fear.

Players value will escalate as a result.

Ayew will be worth more than what we paid

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Ayew Staying on 16:55 - Sep 2 with 1980 viewsjackrmee

Most regularly changed them for the good.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ayew Staying on 20:35 - Sep 2 with 1785 viewsUplandsJack

The true reason Potter had that reputation (If indeed he ever did have) was simply because too often, he selected the WRONG starting line up .
Having to change his team / shape during the match, to save us from defeat.
Ayew Staying on 20:43 - Sep 2 with 1751 viewsjasper_T

Ayew Staying on 20:35 - Sep 2 by UplandsJack

The true reason Potter had that reputation (If indeed he ever did have) was simply because too often, he selected the WRONG starting line up .

Careful now, that kind of talk around here gets people wondering about your "obvious agenda".
Ayew Staying on 21:22 - Sep 2 with 1678 viewsjackrmee

Ayew Staying on 20:35 - Sep 2 by UplandsJack

And he more often than not did save us from defeat.
He was basically experimenting with the team and it didn't work sometimes. I think our players have gained a lot of experience from it all and are better for it.

Coopie has less emphasis on the tactical nous of the players now, but it has still helped them and him.
All part of rebuilding.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ayew Staying on 21:30 - Sep 2 with 1646 viewsWarwickHunt

Ayew Staying on 21:22 - Sep 2 by jackrmee

He was basically experimenting with the team and it didn't work sometimes. I think our players have gained a lot of experience from it all and are better for it.

Coopie has less emphasis on the tactical nous of the players now, but it has still helped them and him.
All part of rebuilding.

Coopie? Really?
Ayew Staying on 21:30 - Sep 2 with 1651 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ayew Staying on 21:22 - Sep 2 by jackrmee

All part of rebuilding.

And a lot on team spirit and bonding. This lot would walk over hot coals for one another. It didn't look like that last season

Ayew Staying on 22:05 - Sep 2 with 1595 viewsmajorraglan

Looking at things objectively without any bitterness that he left, it’s my belief Potter did a tidy job last year. He came in, lost a fair of the players from the squad, some at the very last minute of the transfer window, there were others unavailable to him for various reasons and he more or less had to build a team from scratch. Yes there were issues, but let’s be honest some managers starting from the baseline he has would have taken the club to League 1. We are seeing the rewards of some of his work this season. Cooper has picked up the ball and run with it and is doing a very good job, let’s hope it can continue and that he’ll be backed.
Ayew Staying on 22:08 - Sep 2 with 1584 viewsjackrmee

Ayew Staying on 21:30 - Sep 2 by WarwickHunt

Coopie? Really?

Already been through this with Jasper. Yes. He will always be Coopie to me now. It made me chuckle from the first time someone used it on here. Yes I'm a childish kunt. Sue me

Ayew Staying on 04:13 - Sep 3 with 1419 viewsCooperman

Ayew Staying on 15:22 - Sep 2 by perchrockjack

To me,quite simply ,we need to keep out nerve and look long term as we can surely go up,I believe as champions, as I cannot see anyone in this league to fear.

Players value will escalate as a result.

Ayew will be worth more than what we paid

Not with a year left on his contract he won’t.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Ayew Staying on 07:08 - Sep 3 with 1339 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ayew Staying on 04:13 - Sep 3 by Cooperman

Not with a year left on his contract he won’t.

If go up automatically will it matter?

Ayew Staying on 08:39 - Sep 3 with 1235 viewsCooperman

Ayew Staying on 07:08 - Sep 3 by Brynmill_Jack

If go up automatically will it matter?

He will almost certainly be gone next summer regardless of our league position this season.

Should promotion become reality then I think the offer of a contract extension is extremely low which means we would try and move him on before he becomes a free agent.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Ayew Staying on 09:07 - Sep 3 with 1200 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ayew Staying on 08:39 - Sep 3 by Cooperman

He will almost certainly be gone next summer regardless of our league position this season.

Should promotion become reality then I think the offer of a contract extension is extremely low which means we would try and move him on before he becomes a free agent.

It seems he favours staying in this country so we’d be selling him to a competitor. Not a problem as he didn’t hurt us playing at WHU . Got a feeling nobody will give him 80k though , we can’t offer him less so I reckon we’re stucj with him. Suits us now, it may suit us next season and his wages won’t hurt us then (if promoted of course).

Ayew Staying on 09:13 - Sep 3 with 1189 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Has Ayew only got a year left? Thought he had at least 2?

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024