Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game in doubt? 08:31 - Sep 28 with 15876 viewsrochedale

Weather is shocking and forecast similar. Potential of a PP? Anyone heard owt?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Game in doubt? on 11:29 - Sep 28 with 2957 viewsboromat

Game in doubt? on 11:25 - Sep 28 by DaleiLama

Time to lay a new pitch, never mind inspect the old one!

A second one at 12:15 now. That's Wycombe fans not traveling I should imagine.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Game in doubt? on 11:31 - Sep 28 with 2923 viewsD_Alien

Game in doubt? on 11:27 - Sep 28 by BuckTheTrend

Puerile in the extreme even by your troglodyte standards.

Well done for having the guts to post

Troglodyte? Rather than caving in, how about posting a rebuttal to my points than shite criticism

Edit: Nah, just more markdowns. No ability to respond to my points then?

[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 11:35]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Game in doubt? on 11:31 - Sep 28 with 2915 viewsNinco

Further inspection 12:15
Game in doubt? on 11:33 - Sep 28 with 2840 views442Dale

The updated communication from the club on twitter is excellent.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Game in doubt? on 11:34 - Sep 28 with 2826 viewsSuddenLad

If no further rain, should be O.K., I presume, or I guess it would have been postponed already.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Game in doubt? on 11:37 - Sep 28 with 2764 viewsaleanddale

Blue sky’s over Spotland now.

Ground staff doing all they can.

Do we have the water hog rollers like they use at most cricket clubs?
Game in doubt? on 11:39 - Sep 28 with 2735 viewsD_Alien

Game in doubt? on 11:34 - Sep 28 by SuddenLad

If no further rain, should be O.K., I presume, or I guess it would have been postponed already.

Fair point

And as I posted originally, hope I was wrong in my assessment of the weather

That won't alter the issue around match day tweeting one little bit

Game in doubt? on 11:39 - Sep 28 with 2732 viewsNinco

Game in doubt? on 11:34 - Sep 28 by SuddenLad

Forecast is for it to rain continually until 8pm Sunday night. Even if they can get it playable for 3pm, with it still coming down, we could be off at half time again. How would that feel if you had travelled from Wycombe for 45 minutes football?
Login to get fewer ads

Game in doubt? on 11:42 - Sep 28 with 2691 viewsBuckTheTrend

Game in doubt? on 11:31 - Sep 28 by D_Alien

Well done for having the guts to post

Troglodyte? Rather than caving in, how about posting a rebuttal to my points than shite criticism

Edit: Nah, just more markdowns. No ability to respond to my points then?

[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 11:35]

It doesn't take any "guts" to stand up to a preening self-aggrandising pipsqueak keyboard-warrior like you. You made vexatious, vulgar and ignorant posts about a lack of professionalism , without ANY knowledge of the facts, which I disliked and therefore exercised my prerogative to down-vote.
Now bore off and turn your attention to someone who does give a "flying flamingo", you oxygen thief.
Game in doubt? on 11:43 - Sep 28 with 2671 views49thseason

Game in doubt? on 11:37 - Sep 28 by aleanddale

Blue sky’s over Spotland now.

Ground staff doing all they can.

Do we have the water hog rollers like they use at most cricket clubs?

You might expect that the club based in the wettest large town in the country might have a better wet weather plan than just hoping it doesnt rain. Better than average drainage, a tent to keep the rain off, blowers, water hogs, etc.
Game in doubt? on 11:43 - Sep 28 with 2669 viewsSuddenLad

Game in doubt? on 11:39 - Sep 28 by Ninco

Forecast is for it to rain continually until 8pm Sunday night. Even if they can get it playable for 3pm, with it still coming down, we could be off at half time again. How would that feel if you had travelled from Wycombe for 45 minutes football?

Not as bad as having travelled to Wycombe to see no football at all. Twice.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Game in doubt? on 11:43 - Sep 28 with 2669 viewsdownunder

Game in doubt? on 11:39 - Sep 28 by Ninco

Better than if you had traveled from New Zealand for zero minutes. Just the luck of the draw sometimes.
Game in doubt? on 11:46 - Sep 28 with 2618 viewsTVOS1907

Game in doubt? on 11:43 - Sep 28 by SuddenLad

Not as bad as having travelled to Wycombe to see no football at all. Twice.

...and then not being able to make it when it was eventually played!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Game in doubt? on 11:47 - Sep 28 with 2614 viewsboromat

Game in doubt? on 11:43 - Sep 28 by 49thseason

You might expect that the club based in the wettest large town in the country might have a better wet weather plan than just hoping it doesnt rain. Better than average drainage, a tent to keep the rain off, blowers, water hogs, etc.

Guessing they still have the verti drainer.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Game in doubt? on 11:52 - Sep 28 with 2550 viewsD_Alien

Game in doubt? on 11:42 - Sep 28 by BuckTheTrend

It doesn't take any "guts" to stand up to a preening self-aggrandising pipsqueak keyboard-warrior like you. You made vexatious, vulgar and ignorant posts about a lack of professionalism , without ANY knowledge of the facts, which I disliked and therefore exercised my prerogative to down-vote.
Now bore off and turn your attention to someone who does give a "flying flamingo", you oxygen thief.

But I do have knowledge of how these things work, and made sure they worked so the public weren't inconvenienced due to such things

Posting irrelevant blather from an insult dictionary c.1956 is no substitute for rebutting the validity of my points - the same points made by plenty of others, not that that concerns me

I'll be boring the f*ck until the club bring it's procedures up to date

You and your craven ilk can do what you like, you know I'm right

Game in doubt? on 12:04 - Sep 28 with 2429 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Game in doubt? on 12:05 - Sep 28 with 2412 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

It seems ridiculous to me that every season we have an issue with the rain. It`s not like Rochdale has suddenly become the wettest town in the country overnight. It has ALWAYS been so, so why don`t the club invest in said raincovers and then no games would be called off and the covers would pay for themselves over two or three seasons. I don`t understand the logic of not investing.
Game in doubt? on 12:08 - Sep 28 with 2379 viewsBuckTheTrend

Game in doubt? on 11:52 - Sep 28 by D_Alien

But I do have knowledge of how these things work, and made sure they worked so the public weren't inconvenienced due to such things

Posting irrelevant blather from an insult dictionary c.1956 is no substitute for rebutting the validity of my points - the same points made by plenty of others, not that that concerns me

I'll be boring the f*ck until the club bring it's procedures up to date

You and your craven ilk can do what you like, you know I'm right

You had no specific knowledge of ANY of the facts in the matter on which you got on your high horse - relating it to some dreamy rose-tinted reminiscence of your former life is totally irrelevant, boring and vomit-inducing. That is why it's irrelevant.
I'm sorry that you feel the need to debase your own comments by resorting to foul language (not for the first time) but that is a mark of the man.
I can't begin to understand what your last sentence means as there is nothing craven about my position, I'm not part of a group or ilk and you certainly are not right (in so many senses).
Now go forth and contemplate (and calm down dear before you give yourself a thromby).
Game in doubt? on 12:23 - Sep 28 with 2205 viewsJames1980

Game in doubt? on 12:05 - Sep 28 by RooleyMoorBlue

It seems ridiculous to me that every season we have an issue with the rain. It`s not like Rochdale has suddenly become the wettest town in the country overnight. It has ALWAYS been so, so why don`t the club invest in said raincovers and then no games would be called off and the covers would pay for themselves over two or three seasons. I don`t understand the logic of not investing.

Do they have covers at Giggle? They don't need them at the moment.

Game in doubt? on 12:25 - Sep 28 with 2147 viewsNinco

Game in doubt? on 12:23 - Sep 28 by James1980

Do they have covers at Giggle? They don't need them at the moment.

Weatherfield County have borrowed them.
Game in doubt? on 12:27 - Sep 28 with 2075 viewsD_Alien

Game in doubt? on 12:08 - Sep 28 by BuckTheTrend

You had no specific knowledge of ANY of the facts in the matter on which you got on your high horse - relating it to some dreamy rose-tinted reminiscence of your former life is totally irrelevant, boring and vomit-inducing. That is why it's irrelevant.
I'm sorry that you feel the need to debase your own comments by resorting to foul language (not for the first time) but that is a mark of the man.
I can't begin to understand what your last sentence means as there is nothing craven about my position, I'm not part of a group or ilk and you certainly are not right (in so many senses).
Now go forth and contemplate (and calm down dear before you give yourself a thromby).

The issues concerned far more important matters than whether a football match would be taking place, and i have specific knowledge of how protocols can - SHOULD - be put in place so that IT systems are geared up not to inconvenience the public as far as possible

Since you've been so crass, i'll bore you further by spelling it out

NHS emails systems are geared towards keeping patients informed if their procedure is in any danger of not taking place. We received complaints galore - and rightly so - when patients had scheduled procedures cancelled on the day. If the theatre list was in the afternoon (i.e. as with a 3pm kick off at football), i liaised with our IT Dept to ensure that protocols were in place to send automated emails as soon as we became aware there might be an issue. The IT protocol came from the same place as the scheduling email, so it was in effect a simple "cancel response" mechanism in real time. What it asked patients to do was phone their hospital to check if they should turn up or not

I know it can work, because it cut down the number of complaints by more than half over a short period of time. All it takes is for someone responsible to put such a protocol in place at the football club, using the same IT facility as in setting up the automated tweet. That is, someone at the club activating a simple "cancel" mechanism for the 9am tweet

So much for your very ignorant accusations

[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 12:39]

Game in doubt? on 12:29 - Sep 28 with 2002 viewsNinco

Game in doubt? on 12:27 - Sep 28 by D_Alien

The issues concerned far more important matters than whether a football match would be taking place, and i have specific knowledge of how protocols can - SHOULD - be put in place so that IT systems are geared up not to inconvenience the public as far as possible

Since you've been so crass, i'll bore you further by spelling it out

NHS emails systems are geared towards keeping patients informed if their procedure is in any danger of not taking place. We received complaints galore - and rightly so - when patients had scheduled procedures cancelled on the day. If the theatre list was in the afternoon (i.e. as with a 3pm kick off at football), i liaised with our IT Dept to ensure that protocols were in place to send automated emails as soon as we became aware there might be an issue. The IT protocol came from the same place as the scheduling email, so it was in effect a simple "cancel response" mechanism in real time. What it asked patients to do was phone their hospital to check if they should turn up or not

I know it can work, because it cut down the number of complaints by more than half over a short period of time. All it takes is for someone responsible to put such a protocol in place at the football club, using the same IT facility as in setting up the automated tweet. That is, someone at the club activating a simple "cancel" mechanism for the 9am tweet

So much for your very ignorant accusations

[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 12:39]

WTF!
Game in doubt? on 12:30 - Sep 28 with 1975 viewsJames1980

On as it stands

Game in doubt? on 12:30 - Sep 28 with 1965 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Game in doubt? on 12:31 - Sep 28 with 1945 viewsNinco

Game on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising