Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racism in the stands at The Liberty 11:52 - Dec 23 with 14792 viewsJackfath

I'd like to think the people of PS would stand up and be counted if they heard anyone spouting racist bile towards any players/supporters.

Let's make sure we stamp this out by telling those who decide to use football to spread their hate, we aren't tolerating it and they're not welcome. Get them kicked out/arrested.

Who's with me?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:48 - Dec 23 with 1981 viewsDr_Winston

Haven't heard a single bit of racial abuse since we moved Stadiums.

There was one bloke who used to do it regularly on the North Bank but I didn't challenge it because he was big and scary and I was only a kid. Hopefully he's died of cancer in the meantime.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:51 - Dec 23 with 1963 viewsjackportis

JP believes now would be a great time to re release Michael Jacksons Black or white. There will be a generation who may not have heard this and can only do good. JP would for sure buy it.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:52 - Dec 23 with 1957 viewswestside

England rugby supporters were dressing up as Japanese women in the rugby world cup
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:58 - Dec 23 with 1940 viewsChief

There was an amazing example of double standards down the liberty few years back. Just after a tannoy announcement before KO against Brighton their fans began chanting 'sheep, sheep, sheep shaggers'.

Now I don't want that banned, I enjoy the banter. I used to enjoy the so called homophobic chants we used to sing back to Brighton which also shouldn't be banned. Not everyone from Brighton is homosexual, just in the same sense that not everyone from South Wales practices beastiality with fluffy creatures.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 23:01 - Dec 23 with 1935 viewslonglostjack

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:52 - Dec 23 by westside

England rugby supporters were dressing up as Japanese women in the rugby world cup

They just don’t get it do they?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 23:04 - Dec 23 with 1928 viewsmonmouth

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:27 - Dec 23 by jackrabbit

Ok I’ve seen the video clips now that are posted above and I concur with the comment made above that he shook hands with people who proferred their hands for a handshake. The black guys shown were too busy enthusiastically clapping him to offer their hands for a handshake. Not really a big deal. Boris is not a racist.

No, he's just a picaninny, watermelon, bumboy, bank robbing, girly swot letterbox. Definitely not a hint of racism, sexism or homophobia in any of the bones in his worthless body. Certainly not in his backbone.

How about hints of an incompetent nasty shithouse?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 23:18 - Dec 23 with 1906 viewsDarran

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:48 - Dec 23 by Dr_Winston

There was one bloke who used to do it regularly on the North Bank but I didn't challenge it because he was big and scary and I was only a kid. Hopefully he's died of cancer in the meantime.

I said something like that about a rampant racist once and every twát was horrified.
I don’t know why.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 23:20 - Dec 23 with 1903 viewsDarran

Ok I’ve seen the video clips now that are posted above and I concur with the comment made above that he shook hands with people who proferred their hands for a handshake. The black guys shown were too busy enthusiastically clapping him to offer their hands for a handshake. Not really a big deal. Boris is not a racist.

He’s definitely a racist but there’s no need to edit videos to purposely make him look like a racist when he’s already a racist.

Login to get fewer ads

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 00:05 - Dec 24 with 1873 viewsLeonWasGod

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:48 - Dec 23 by Dr_Winston

Me neither. I think we’re pretty good (the Welsh/English stuff isn’t racism and the few that’ve brought that up obviously don’t understand what real racism is).

I’d hope anyone racially abusing a player in the Liberty would be banned for a very long time.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 00:18 - Dec 24 with 1864 viewstheloneranger

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 00:05 - Dec 24 by LeonWasGod

Me neither. I think we’re pretty good (the Welsh/English stuff isn’t racism and the few that’ve brought that up obviously don’t understand what real racism is).

I’d hope anyone racially abusing a player in the Liberty would be banned for a very long time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2236911/Welsh-rugby-fan-Phillip-Pritcha

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 05:05 - Dec 24 with 1766 viewsSA4

Thankfully never heard anything racist at the Liberty, although I did hear Benik Afobe get called a racist term at Bournemouth 3/4 years ago. And if anyone gets offended at being called a sheep sh*gger then I suggest finding something else to do on your Saturday afternoon, fishing or the Ospreys maybe.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 05:43 - Dec 24 with 1731 viewsKilkennyjack

Thing is, just saying something does not make it true - or untrue.

Its the body of evidence which is important in these matters.

Beware of the Risen People

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 07:57 - Dec 24 with 1618 viewsbuilthjack

There's racism and there's banter.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 08:13 - Dec 24 with 1589 viewsNeath_Jack

The amount of people in this here thread claiming they have never heard anything racist at the Liberty, when one of the most popular / loudest chants at the time was SHAP.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 09:17 - Dec 24 with 1455 viewsCatullus

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 05:05 - Dec 24 by SA4

Thankfully never heard anything racist at the Liberty, although I did hear Benik Afobe get called a racist term at Bournemouth 3/4 years ago. And if anyone gets offended at being called a sheep sh*gger then I suggest finding something else to do on your Saturday afternoon, fishing or the Ospreys maybe.

Fishing it is then so I can still use the wellies and full length mac!

Most people (it seems to me) don't get offended by the words sheepsha44ers, but do get offended by the double standards in that it's not ok to abuse pretty much anyone else though the Welsh are still fair game but when we give it back, they complain.

I was at QPR a few years back, leaving the ground there was a group of youngish (20's) home fans outside the Springbok and one was hurling abuse, the usual stuff. I walked up alongside him and said come on you don't mean that, be nice. He was a similar size to me and he sh/t himself, his friends were in hysterics. It was far more satisfying than throwing a punch, to me anyway.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 10:03 - Dec 24 with 1373 viewsDarran

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 08:13 - Dec 24 by Neath_Jack

The amount of people in this here thread claiming they have never heard anything racist at the Liberty, when one of the most popular / loudest chants at the time was SHAP.

I take your point I honestly do but I think the op was about what happened on Sunday and what seems to have happened a lot this season and that’s the monkey chant.

Anyway if you want to be kind of petty about it the Kevin Austin song would be classed as racist today and you’ve no doubt sung that you racist.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 10:21 - Dec 24 with 1341 viewsNeath_Jack

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 10:03 - Dec 24 by Darran

I take your point I honestly do but I think the op was about what happened on Sunday and what seems to have happened a lot this season and that’s the monkey chant.

Anyway if you want to be kind of petty about it the Kevin Austin song would be classed as racist today and you’ve no doubt sung that you racist.

Racism is racism Dar, makes no odds whether its a comment, a song, or an action.

I've sung far worse than the SHAP or Austin song my friend, but that was in the long and distant past, before i grew up if you like.

Denying it happened or happens is part of this whole problem, until people start facing up to the uncomfortable truths, it will never go away.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 10:23 - Dec 24 with 1336 viewsDarran

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 10:21 - Dec 24 by Neath_Jack

Racism is racism Dar, makes no odds whether its a comment, a song, or an action.

I've sung far worse than the SHAP or Austin song my friend, but that was in the long and distant past, before i grew up if you like.

Denying it happened or happens is part of this whole problem, until people start facing up to the uncomfortable truths, it will never go away.

I like that post.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 10:25 - Dec 24 with 1331 viewsDr_Winston

That is a good point in fairness. Had forgotten SHAP.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 11:37 - Dec 24 with 1249 viewsjack247

That’s a fair point. I’d forgotten to be honest, but yes that was an overtly racist song sung by large sections of the crowd.

Happily, it was well over a decade ago and I’d like to think we’ve moved on since then.

This thread would have been more relevant in 2005
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 11:59 - Dec 24 with 1230 viewsJackfath

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 11:37 - Dec 24 by jack247

That’s a fair point. I’d forgotten to be honest, but yes that was an overtly racist song sung by large sections of the crowd.

Happily, it was well over a decade ago and I’d like to think we’ve moved on since then.

This thread would have been more relevant in 2005

It’s as relevant today as it’s ever been.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 12:12 - Dec 24 with 1211 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 11:59 - Dec 24 by Jackfath

Quite right, of course it is. a significant number still chant "Gyppo" at certain opposition players.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 12:53 - Dec 24 with 1139 viewsjack247

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 11:59 - Dec 24 by Jackfath

It’s as relevant now, when no one can remember a single racist chant for the best part of 15 years, as it was when thousands of people used to sing SHAP? Or when black players were routinely subjected to monkey chants and had bananas thrown at them?
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 12:58 - Dec 24 with 1133 viewsNeath_Jack

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 12:53 - Dec 24 by jack247

It’s as relevant now, when no one can remember a single racist chant for the best part of 15 years, as it was when thousands of people used to sing SHAP? Or when black players were routinely subjected to monkey chants and had bananas thrown at them?

Best part of 15 years?!?

I've heard it 3 or 4 times this season alone, your butty Gary heard it last weekend at Luton.

Stop trying to say it doesn't happen ffs, and that is just the SHAP song, there's plenty of other nonsense that goes on.

Uncomfortable truths, or it will never go away.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:11 - Dec 24 with 1108 viewsjack247

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 12:58 - Dec 24 by Neath_Jack

Best part of 15 years?!?

I've heard it 3 or 4 times this season alone, your butty Gary heard it last weekend at Luton.

Stop trying to say it doesn't happen ffs, and that is just the SHAP song, there's plenty of other nonsense that goes on.

Uncomfortable truths, or it will never go away.

You’ve heard the SHAP song 3 or 4 times this year? I honestly can’t remember hearing it since around the time he owned Cardiff. Judging by this thread, I’m far from alone there.

I’m not pretending you never hear the odd tool shout something. I’m stating it’s nowhere near as prevalent as it used to be. Which it quite blatantly isn’t.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024