Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racism in the stands at The Liberty 11:52 - Dec 23 with 14791 viewsJackfath

I'd like to think the people of PS would stand up and be counted if they heard anyone spouting racist bile towards any players/supporters.

Let's make sure we stamp this out by telling those who decide to use football to spread their hate, we aren't tolerating it and they're not welcome. Get them kicked out/arrested.

Who's with me?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:46 - Dec 23 with 2005 viewsDarran

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:50 - Dec 23 by Darran

There a certain times where people make racism worse.
One example I’ll give you is the edited video from the Tory party conference a few months ago where Johnson refused to shake hands with three black fellas.
It doesn’t help the fight at all in my opinion.

This is the kind of thing I’m on about.
I honestly don’t think it helps in the battle against racism.
Move on ffs it’s 2020 next week.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:47 - Dec 23 with 1999 viewstaffpunk

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:41 - Dec 23 by monmouth

I've never heard any racism around me. Are we talking about those West Stand hooligans and their hip flasks full of raw polish vodka again? Rowdy bastards.

Must be those hundreds of German/Belgium/Dutch supporters who follow you, bloody foreigners.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:48 - Dec 23 with 1999 viewsAndy1300

One example I’ll give you is the edited video from the Tory party conference a few months ago where Johnson refused to shake hands with three black fellas.

I have to call you out on that one.

He shook hands with those who offered their hands, the 3 black guys didn’t so he didn’t shake their hands.

Number 1 team in Wales

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:02 - Dec 23 with 1972 viewsNeath_Jack

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:41 - Dec 23 by monmouth

I've never heard any racism around me. Are we talking about those West Stand hooligans and their hip flasks full of raw polish vodka again? Rowdy bastards.

Cotton wool in your ears when the SHAP song got sung?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:06 - Dec 23 with 1964 viewsDarran

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:48 - Dec 23 by Andy1300

I have to call you out on that one.

He shook hands with those who offered their hands, the 3 black guys didn’t so he didn’t shake their hands.

No he didn’t. There were white people that offered their hands and he walked straight past them. He left Alun Cairns standing there looking like a sad little puppy.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:07 - Dec 23 with 1956 viewsGaryjack

It's not the odd incident or minority though is it. Look at this Leicester City game from just a few years back.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C65y8m5XAAE4V1y.jpg:large
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:13 - Dec 23 with 1932 viewsDarran

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:02 - Dec 23 by Neath_Jack

Well yeah but he wasn’t even from Pakistan.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:14 - Dec 23 with 1928 viewsDarran

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:07 - Dec 23 by Garyjack

It's not the odd incident or minority though is it. Look at this Leicester City game from just a few years back.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C65y8m5XAAE4V1y.jpg:large

Login to get fewer ads

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:14 - Dec 23 with 1928 viewsmonmouth

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:02 - Dec 23 by Neath_Jack

Lately? In the last 10 years? In the South stand? I have no idea what the east are howling most of the time, but if they are still doing that or the DJAP I'm beyond shocked.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:18 - Dec 23 with 1917 viewsGaryjack

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:14 - Dec 23 by monmouth

Lately? In the last 10 years? In the South stand? I have no idea what the east are howling most of the time, but if they are still doing that or the DJAP I'm beyond shocked.

I heard it at Luton on Saturday Mon.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:19 - Dec 23 with 1910 viewsmonmouth

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:18 - Dec 23 by Garyjack

I heard it at Luton on Saturday Mon.

F*cking hell.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:41 - Dec 23 with 1815 viewsjackportis

Why doesn’t everyone applaud a black player first touch of the ball next game. Would be a great advertisement for the club.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:55 - Dec 23 with 1781 viewsjojaca

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:41 - Dec 23 by jackportis

Why doesn’t everyone applaud a black player first touch of the ball next game. Would be a great advertisement for the club.

This looks like a white supremacy idea. We will just applaud them with their first touch, that should be enough Authur would you think?

Even when you know, you never know?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:56 - Dec 23 with 1779 viewsAndy1300

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:06 - Dec 23 by Darran

No he didn’t. There were white people that offered their hands and he walked straight past them. He left Alun Cairns standing there looking like a sad little puppy.

Yes he did according to the clip that was shown and caused all the fuss.

Number 1 team in Wales

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 21:08 - Dec 23 with 1742 viewsDarran

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:56 - Dec 23 by Andy1300

Nah it started before that clip started.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 21:11 - Dec 23 with 1720 viewsjackportis

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:56 - Dec 23 by Andy1300

Boris should watch the royals at Wimbledon finals day. They only acknowledge black ball boys and girls.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 21:16 - Dec 23 with 1703 viewsHighjack

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 20:41 - Dec 23 by jackportis

Why doesn’t everyone just be decent to each other?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 21:38 - Dec 23 with 1627 viewslonglostjack

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:28 - Dec 23 by AnotherJohn

I suppose I must have been sitting with my ear plugs in, but I honestly haven't heard any racist chants (as in directed towards non-White ethnic groups) at the Liberty for years. Anti-English chants are another matter. I personally think these need to be reigned in, and the same with the anti-Welsh slurs when we play away. Generally speaking, too many fans are all too ready to insult opposition players, often in graphic terms. They zero in on whatever characteristic they think is a point of weakness, and I imagine some racist slurs involve whatever swear word had already come to mind with 'black' or whatever added as an adjective.

Bloody hell. It’s the Liberty not Henley!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 21:57 - Dec 23 with 1590 viewsAnotherJohn

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 21:38 - Dec 23 by longlostjack

Bloody hell. It’s the Liberty not Henley!

All I'm saying is that if somebody is screaming 'scum c**t' at the top of his voice, it is easy to see how this might become 'English scum c**t' or something that most on here would regard as even worse. But the other point I made was that I don't actually hear much to be offended about in my usual seat.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:13 - Dec 23 with 1500 viewsjackrabbit

Can you expand on this - venue, date , time etc because it’s not been on my radar? In fact I honestly do not have a clue as to what you’re alluding.

Thanks

Jackrabbit
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:15 - Dec 23 with 1489 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Wasn’t the “Gypo” chant in evidence against Boro or was I hearing things?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:21 - Dec 23 with 1444 viewsDarran

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:13 - Dec 23 by jackrabbit

Can you expand on this - venue, date , time etc because it’s not been on my radar? In fact I honestly do not have a clue as to what you’re alluding.

Thanks

Jackrabbit

There’s a bit of the video above. He walked past the three black fellas at the Tory Party conference a couple of months ago and twitter went mental about him being racist because he didn’t shake hands with the three black fellas.
The problem is the video started much earlier when he first left the stage after giving his speech and he’d already walked past several white people without shaking their hands either.
Alun Cairns was definitely one of them.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:27 - Dec 23 with 1419 viewsjackrabbit

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:13 - Dec 23 by jackrabbit

Thanks

Jackrabbit

Ok I’ve seen the video clips now that are posted above and I concur with the comment made above that he shook hands with people who proferred their hands for a handshake. The black guys shown were too busy enthusiastically clapping him to offer their hands for a handshake. Not really a big deal. Boris is not a racist.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:37 - Dec 23 with 1403 viewslonglostjack

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:27 - Dec 23 by jackrabbit

Ok I’ve seen the video clips now that are posted above and I concur with the comment made above that he shook hands with people who proferred their hands for a handshake. The black guys shown were too busy enthusiastically clapping him to offer their hands for a handshake. Not really a big deal. Boris is not a racist.

No just a fecking public school bullshitting wombat with a sense of entitlement.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:39 - Dec 23 with 1394 viewstheloneranger

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:18 - Dec 23 by Catullus

Yep,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-first-black-rugby-ico

And boxing,

https://tss.ib.tv/boxing/featured-boxing-articles-boxing-news-videos-rankings-an

It's happened in F1 racing and quite recently in Test cricket.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024