Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racism in the stands at The Liberty 11:52 - Dec 23 with 14166 viewsJackfath

I'd like to think the people of PS would stand up and be counted if they heard anyone spouting racist bile towards any players/supporters.

Let's make sure we stamp this out by telling those who decide to use football to spread their hate, we aren't tolerating it and they're not welcome. Get them kicked out/arrested.

Who's with me?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:30 - Dec 24 with 1720 viewsmonmouth

There'll still be racists in the liberty, and Swansea, no matter what is or isn't chanted. Some in my own family remain racist as they are from another generation, but in answer to the OP, yes if I heard it around me I would say something for sure, as I do to my own family members. I still have no contact with two after the reception they gave my Afghanistani girlfriend in the 80s. I doubt their views have changed.

Sure as shit though,keeping people quiet in football stadiums will not stop racism, or indeed make any difference whatsoever to those same people that would otherwise do it, in terms of them remaining absolutely racist. Given Brexshit, whatever people pretend, Britain is choc a block with closet racists.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:49 - Dec 24 with 1705 viewsCatullus

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:30 - Dec 24 by monmouth

There'll still be racists in the liberty, and Swansea, no matter what is or isn't chanted. Some in my own family remain racist as they are from another generation, but in answer to the OP, yes if I heard it around me I would say something for sure, as I do to my own family members. I still have no contact with two after the reception they gave my Afghanistani girlfriend in the 80s. I doubt their views have changed.

Sure as shit though,keeping people quiet in football stadiums will not stop racism, or indeed make any difference whatsoever to those same people that would otherwise do it, in terms of them remaining absolutely racist. Given Brexshit, whatever people pretend, Britain is choc a block with closet racists.

Why bother!
[Post edited 24 Dec 2019 13:55]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:49 - Dec 24 with 1705 viewsJBT95

To be honest with you I should've said something at WBA away to the racist stood behind me.

He made a comment early doors 'are there any whites in their side?'.

But then he kept saying it throughout the game in various forms. I made a pact in my head if he said something more I'd have to turn around and say something but then he stopped.

Probably in his early 60s.

Where I am at the Liberty, whenever we are losing, there is some high pitched tosser shouting crap from the back of the block. One game he literally shouted 'f#ck off you welsh prick' to a Welsh international (can't remember who now) but I think that goes to show the IQ of some of these people.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2019 13:51]
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 14:00 - Dec 24 with 1685 viewsCatullus

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:49 - Dec 24 by JBT95

To be honest with you I should've said something at WBA away to the racist stood behind me.

But then he kept saying it throughout the game in various forms. I made a pact in my head if he said something more I'd have to turn around and say something but then he stopped.

Where I am at the Liberty, whenever we are losing, there is some high pitched tosser shouting crap from the back of the block. One game he literally shouted 'f#ck off you welsh prick' to a Welsh international (can't remember who now) but I think that goes to show the IQ of some of these people.

A lot of it is prevailing attitudes, the way people were brought up and it was the norm 50 years ago.
Older people won't change, it's the young people that puzzle me. They live in a diverse society yet some are still racist.

How old are these people from the incident at Spurs?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:19 - Dec 24 with 1641 viewsLord_Bony

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:30 - Dec 24 by monmouth

Superb post.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:38 - Dec 24 with 1621 viewsSirjohnalot

If the FA announced over Christmas that from the New Year

1. If it can be shown that a supporter who genuinely* supports Club A is shown to have racially/religiously or homophonically abused any player or official at a designated football match then the team that it is shown that he supports will be docked points.
2. For a first offence the points deducted will be one increasing numerically by a single point for each any further incident.
3. The points deduction will continue to amalgamate into the next season and beyond.
4. Any supporter found to have committed the offences set out above will be banned for life for any designated match involving English or Welsh club or national teams.
*the term ‘genuinely ‘ is phrased in an attempt to prevent an opposition supporter from manipulating the system to penalise another side.

Think this would have quite a quick impact.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:43 - Dec 24 with 1613 viewsLohengrin

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:38 - Dec 24 by Sirjohnalot

If the FA announced over Christmas that from the New Year

1. If it can be shown that a supporter who genuinely* supports Club A is shown to have racially/religiously or homophonically abused any player or official at a designated football match then the team that it is shown that he supports will be docked points.
2. For a first offence the points deducted will be one increasing numerically by a single point for each any further incident.
3. The points deduction will continue to amalgamate into the next season and beyond.
4. Any supporter found to have committed the offences set out above will be banned for life for any designated match involving English or Welsh club or national teams.
*the term ‘genuinely ‘ is phrased in an attempt to prevent an opposition supporter from manipulating the system to penalise another side.

Think this would have quite a quick impact.

”...or homophonically abused any player.”

I’m with you there, John. Discordant notes can be so jarring...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:44 - Dec 24 with 1609 viewsSirjohnalot

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:43 - Dec 24 by Lohengrin

”...or homophonically abused any player.”

I’m with you there, John. Discordant notes can be so jarring...

Don’t mind discrimination as long as it’s in tune
Login to get fewer ads

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:46 - Dec 24 with 1605 viewsLohengrin

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:44 - Dec 24 by Sirjohnalot

Don’t mind discrimination as long as it’s in tune

Al the best-bred people are discriminating.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 16:13 - Dec 24 with 1548 viewsAnotherJohn

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:46 - Dec 24 by Lohengrin

I thought it just meant speaking in a monotone!
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 16:41 - Dec 24 with 1486 viewsAndy1300

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:49 - Dec 24 by JBT95

Me and my mate were at that game, we had a conversation about them having an all ‘Black’ team, to put it in context, we asked each other if any other club had fielded such a team, it didn’t matter what colour the players were,, it was just an observation.

I doubt you were talking about our conversation though, if it was us and you had an issue, why not ask us about our conversation or even join in with it?

Edited to state that the conversation was had when they showed their team on the screen.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2019 16:42]

Number 1 team in Wales

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 17:16 - Dec 24 with 1406 viewsmajorraglan

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 22:27 - Dec 23 by jackrabbit

Ok I’ve seen the video clips now that are posted above and I concur with the comment made above that he shook hands with people who proferred their hands for a handshake. The black guys shown were too busy enthusiastically clapping him to offer their hands for a handshake. Not really a big deal. Boris is not a racist.

Without knowing the guy it’s hard to say whether he’s a racist or not, but to be fair to Boris I don’t see any evidence of racism in the footage, they don’t offer their hands and are clapping and he is trying to leave and no doubt being slowed by the number of “well wishers”
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 23:34 - Dec 25 with 1157 viewsNotLoyal

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 14:41 - Dec 23 by controversial_jack

I can't remember the last time I heard any racist comments at a Swans match.It's a non issue at our club

I agree to a certain extent, we have had people prosecuted in the past for sure and the real issue for some is what they believe racist abuse to be. The obvious is the obvious but there are some clever fckrs out there who disguise it well.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 08:02 - Dec 26 with 1112 viewsbuilthjack

It's an odd one at football.

Spurs fans sing "come on you yids". Yet if the opposition then sang "fck off you yids" there would be outrage, it would be all over the news, and arrests made. So what's the answer ?
These same people have flags with yids all over them yet nothing is done.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 08:44 - Dec 26 with 1093 viewsAnotherJohn

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 16:41 - Dec 24 by Andy1300

Me and my mate were at that game, we had a conversation about them having an all ‘Black’ team, to put it in context, we asked each other if any other club had fielded such a team, it didn’t matter what colour the players were,, it was just an observation.

I doubt you were talking about our conversation though, if it was us and you had an issue, why not ask us about our conversation or even join in with it?

Edited to state that the conversation was had when they showed their team on the screen.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2019 16:42]

Interesting issue and tone might make a big difference, If I notice that a company board has no members from non-white ethnic groups and say this lack of diversity indicates discrimination then the progressives will be right with me. Of course, the chair of the board might reject my claim and say the membership is all about merit.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:13 - Dec 26 with 986 viewsCatullus

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:46 - Dec 24 by Lohengrin

Who is Al?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 16:05 - Dec 26 with 934 viewsLohengrin

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:13 - Dec 26 by Catullus

Who is Al?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024