Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford's new ground 16:02 - Jan 25 with 4691 viewsbosh67

I have to begrudgingly say that everything a few miles down the road, despite them losing to Leicester in the cup today is so well organised. I get the new homes, 910 of them and other facilities but wondering how they decided on a capacity of 17,250 (ours is 18,439).

I know people are going to say it's because they are a sh*tty little club with not enough fans but given their ambitions and a possible trip into the Prem this season or whenever, it seems to be very underwhelming as a plan. Brighton designed their ground to be expandable to 30,000+ but started at about 24,000. Given that our mad idea was to build a 40,000 stadium, revised back to a fictional 30,000 I am wondering why Brentford didn't design at least a 25,000 seater stadium having spent 80 million to create it? I am guessing they either don't think there will be more than 17,000 fans or that fans at grounds are not really the future?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Brentford's new ground on 20:52 - Jan 27 with 650 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Whatever your opinion on Brentford's new stadium the simple fact is that the owner just got on with it. QPR take heed!
Brentford's new ground on 21:21 - Jan 27 with 615 viewsJuzzie

Brentford's new ground on 20:20 - Jan 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Capacity and hospitality do positively affect FFP, though. As does non-matchday earning potential. I was never a fan of the 40,000 OOC idea but 30,000 is where we should be aiming for - large enough for us and also for concerts.

Capacity affects FFP but only if you can fill it. Wont be a problem in the PL but outside of that you’ll have a half empty ground if it’s built too big.

Not just concerts but England U18/19/20/21/23 games, maybe Women’s International’s and so on.

Could even have the odd boxing match or evangelicalist events.....
Brentford's new ground on 22:30 - Jan 27 with 586 viewsanyone

Well the extra events are rugby which should give an equivalent of income per annum of an extra 5,000 fans per game, also 2,900 premium seats which gives a good uplift on normal Match day revenue. The ground has already been chosen for European cup women’s games.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 23:00]
Brentford's new ground on 22:55 - Jan 27 with 568 viewsCamberleyR

Brentford's new ground on 19:28 - Jan 25 by loftboy

Very true, used to work with an Aldershit fan and he hated Brentford with a passion.

They hate Reading far more and always have done.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024