Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode Three 22:11 - Apr 8 with 1912 viewsAtThePeake

Ryan joins Dean and Chaff as we take a look at our favourite ever goalkeepers and defenders to don the Dale shirt.

You can listen to the episode in full here:

https://soundcloud.com/user-296512693/episode-3-our-all-time-xi-keepers-defender

With plenty of listeners suggesting we take a look at our favourite Dale XI of all-time, we thought we'd take the next few episodes to look through our favourites players in each position, starting with goalkeepers and defenders.

We talked through our shortlists for each position before selecting our players for these spots and come the end of the third episode of these specials, we'll be asking the listeners to select their favourite of the three teams.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode Three on 10:43 - Apr 9 with 1849 viewsjonahwhereru

Thanks lads, these certainly help has an hour of so.

Glad you gave a shout to Evans. Thought McArdle May have got a shout in the centre half review. Although he was just a proper stopper. Have to say the Dawson and Reeves pairing would have been the lower leagues answer to Hansen and Lawrenson. Although both proved to be top draw in their on right.
Before your time but Brown and Cole were another pair that worked well together. But as individuals could get anywhere near a Dale last 40 years side.

Don’t relish you having to decide on a midfield. Peaky you and I both by our monikers have already allotted one space I guess.
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode Three on 11:47 - Apr 11 with 1640 viewsAtThePeake

You can now follow us on iTunes here: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-rochdaleafc-com-podcast/id1506914734

Tangled up in blue.

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode Three on 12:21 - Apr 12 with 1547 viewssuffolkdale

Really good again chaps - a trip down memory lane. Amazing how you forget players from not that long ago - a sign of age!
Keep up the good work ........
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode Three on 19:50 - Apr 12 with 1477 viewsboromat

Yep another good listen. Agreed with alot that was said. The Rose TK debate is a tough one. In a contradictory comment I think Rose edges it for Dale but out of the two I think TK was the more likely to play at a higher level.

On the centre backs the only person I would have mentioned that wasn't is Alan Johnson. A great defender but a really sad end to his career at Dale. Always remember him making his return to the squad after injury on the bench and on his first run out to warm up there was a standing ovation in the pearl Street end and a good sing song for him. Don't think we saw him again after that.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode Three on 03:02 - Apr 20 with 1325 viewsjacko_dale

Brought back some good memories, did this. Remember being at Manchester Airport in 2007 and seeing Matt Gilks checking in for a flight with a guy I presume was his agent, as his transfer to Norwich was announced a day or two later!

On the topic of Sam Russell, I seem to recall a rumour at the time that if he played another game (or something similar) then he would get an automatic contract extension, hence his sudden disappearance.
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode Three on 07:43 - Apr 20 with 1316 viewsEllDale

We seemed to go through goalkeepers for fun after Gilks left.
Remember James Spencer?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024