Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Podcast: Episode 5 09:31 - Apr 23 with 2456 viewsAtThePeake

Dean, Chaff & Ryan complete their All-Time Dale XIs with a look back at their favourite ever forwards.

You can listen to the full episode here: https://soundcloud.com/user-296512693/episode-5-our-all-time-xi-forwards

Or subscribe on iTunes here: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-rochdaleafc-com-podcast/id1506914734

And on Spotify here: https://open.spotify.com/show/2JZZGV3k9r46sZ4Qim3SlC?si=9ZBzBpeeRZyjPrkDjvBmRQ

Tangled up in blue.

Podcast: Episode 5 on 10:32 - Apr 23 with 2441 viewsChaffRAFC

Intrigued to see who's XI wins.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Podcast: Episode 5 on 10:52 - Apr 23 with 2436 viewsjonahwhereru

I have really enjoyed this mini series, thanks lads. Now I have the benefit of being older than yourselves. But living in Southend never saw A few of the players covered in a Rochdale shirt. My team is based on what I have seen and being a team that would get us into the championship.

It’s a back four with a diamond midfield and two up top. I have also named a bench to ease my conscience.

GK: Welch
RB: Ford
CH: Dawson
CH: Reeves
LB: Kennedy
DMF: Reid
CM: Perkins
CM: Jones
AMF: Henderson
FD: Holt
FD: Dagnall

Bench: Edwards, Rose, O’Connell, Lund, Buckley, O’Gradyg

This team would be handy in a penalty shoot out.

The team I like the most on the podcast would be Chaff’s.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 12:13]
Podcast: Episode 5 on 12:40 - Apr 23 with 2395 viewsnordenblue

Podcast: Episode 5 on 10:52 - Apr 23 by jonahwhereru

I have really enjoyed this mini series, thanks lads. Now I have the benefit of being older than yourselves. But living in Southend never saw A few of the players covered in a Rochdale shirt. My team is based on what I have seen and being a team that would get us into the championship.

It’s a back four with a diamond midfield and two up top. I have also named a bench to ease my conscience.

GK: Welch
RB: Ford
CH: Dawson
CH: Reeves
LB: Kennedy
DMF: Reid
CM: Perkins
CM: Jones
AMF: Henderson
FD: Holt
FD: Dagnall

Bench: Edwards, Rose, O’Connell, Lund, Buckley, O’Gradyg

This team would be handy in a penalty shoot out.

The team I like the most on the podcast would be Chaff’s.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 12:13]

No Lambert surprising, I thought one of the most natural footballers we've had for years,made the game look a doddle
Podcast: Episode 5 on 12:45 - Apr 23 with 2390 viewsLizardDale

Podcast: Episode 5 on 10:32 - Apr 23 by ChaffRAFC

Intrigued to see who's XI wins.

I think we know who's won't!

Was really nice to go through all the great players we have/have had. Also some who we remembered after each episode and wish we'd mentioned. The forwards were particularly hard, O'Grady was always going to get in mine, but then there was a choice of all the others.

It'd be interesting to see some teams from people who've been around longer than we have; I know my Dad mentioned Martinez as someone who would go in his team (This was just before a telling off for my Midfield).
Podcast: Episode 5 on 12:46 - Apr 23 with 2389 viewsjonahwhereru

Podcast: Episode 5 on 12:40 - Apr 23 by nordenblue

No Lambert surprising, I thought one of the most natural footballers we've had for years,made the game look a doddle

I never got to see Murray or Lambert in a Dale shirt. I was rostered to work every other Saturday back then, and the 500 mile round trip to Spotland also presented its own issue.
Absolutely no doubt it was my loss.
Podcast: Episode 5 on 08:47 - Apr 24 with 2259 viewsNigeriamark

Podcast: Episode 5 on 12:45 - Apr 23 by LizardDale

I think we know who's won't!

Was really nice to go through all the great players we have/have had. Also some who we remembered after each episode and wish we'd mentioned. The forwards were particularly hard, O'Grady was always going to get in mine, but then there was a choice of all the others.

It'd be interesting to see some teams from people who've been around longer than we have; I know my Dad mentioned Martinez as someone who would go in his team (This was just before a telling off for my Midfield).

It was good that Ellis was mentioned. Definitely not in the starting XI, but I always enjoyed watching him work a game. Good goalscorer, brilliant with the ball played into his feet and a wind up merchant for both the opposition players and fans. We only got him at the end of his career, but a very good forward
Podcast: Episode 5 on 20:25 - Apr 24 with 2145 viewsChockers1

Class episode's chaps as always - really enjoyed the first 5 !

Whitehall was my first dale hero as a kid I can remember trying to be him in the playground!

some great dale names on this episode - we've been really lucky over the years to buy well with strikers who have gone onto bigger things
Podcast: Episode 5 on 13:42 - Apr 25 with 2051 viewsboromat

Another great listen. Cheers guys 👍.

Some great strikers over the years. Maybe a podcast on the absolute flops could be entertaining 😂.

Out of the three think I'd go with Chaffs. My pick is;

Edwards
Wiseman
Dawson
Reeves
Kennedy
Buckley
Jones
Allen
Hendo
Holt
Murray

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Podcast: Episode 5 on 18:06 - Apr 29 with 1855 viewssuffolkdale

An excellent series of podcasts and brought back some tremendous memories! Showing my age a bit but how about this for a mixture of the generations:
Keith Welch
Graham Smith
Craig Dawson
Alan Reeves
Tom Kennedy
Gary Jones
Billy Rudd
Vinny Leach
Ian Henderson
Grant Holt
Rickie Lambert
I would probably go for Chaff's XI - but great that we have so many Dale legends to choose from!
Now on to Podcast 6...…...
Podcast: Episode 5 on 08:59 - Apr 30 with 1800 viewsFrites

Podcast: Episode 5 on 18:06 - Apr 29 by suffolkdale

An excellent series of podcasts and brought back some tremendous memories! Showing my age a bit but how about this for a mixture of the generations:
Keith Welch
Graham Smith
Craig Dawson
Alan Reeves
Tom Kennedy
Gary Jones
Billy Rudd
Vinny Leach
Ian Henderson
Grant Holt
Rickie Lambert
I would probably go for Chaff's XI - but great that we have so many Dale legends to choose from!
Now on to Podcast 6...…...

Wow - some of those players are a real ‘blast from the past’! Never had the privilege of watching the first promotion team, but the ‘oldies’ wax lyrical about them. No Reg Jenkins though......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024