Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another on bites the dust 15:31 - May 9 with 4237 viewsrochdaleriddler

Little Richard dies aged 87, definately a rock pioneer . RIP

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Another on bites the dust on 23:31 - May 12 with 1027 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Another on bites the dust on 08:53 - May 11 by mingthemerciless

I went to see The Stones non appearance. Ones I did see were The Kinks, Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders. Jimmy Powell with Rod Stewart on Harmonica. Alexis Korner with Eric Clapton on guitar and Long John Baldry on vocals. Little Eva, Jimmy Witherspoon, Lots of other lesser band and groups. Best act out of all of them - The Rocking Berries - unbelieveably good musicians and also very funny.

Fascinating bloke Alexis Korner. Spoke fluent German. He had a band in the 70s called CCS who had a fantastic song called Tap Turns on the Water. It’s an absolutely belting tune but hardly ever played anywhere, the lyrics are a bit dodgy tbf. They also did the cover of Led Zeps. Whole Lot of Love that was used as the Top of the Pops theme in the 70s.
What were the Kinks like?
[Post edited 12 May 2020 23:32]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Another on bites the dust on 06:29 - May 13 with 960 viewsdownunder

Another on bites the dust on 23:31 - May 12 by BigDaveMyCock

Fascinating bloke Alexis Korner. Spoke fluent German. He had a band in the 70s called CCS who had a fantastic song called Tap Turns on the Water. It’s an absolutely belting tune but hardly ever played anywhere, the lyrics are a bit dodgy tbf. They also did the cover of Led Zeps. Whole Lot of Love that was used as the Top of the Pops theme in the 70s.

I will ask my sister about the Kinks. I think she bedded one of them
Another on bites the dust on 08:25 - May 13 with 935 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Another on bites the dust on 06:29 - May 13 by downunder

Cheers.

PS she wasn’t formerly your brother and called Lola is she?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Another on bites the dust on 09:09 - May 13 with 915 viewsmingthemerciless

Another on bites the dust on 23:31 - May 12 by BigDaveMyCock

I wasn't a Kinks fan but I went along because the girl I was seeing at the time ( a different one ) was a big fan. I went along not expecting to be impressed but I must admit they were really good.

The Cubi-Klub was in the basement of an old mill. It is now under the new council offices at No 1 Riverside.

The Black Cat Bones played there regularly, almost as often as David John and the Mood. I must have seen them dozens of times. I remember David John and the Mood going on tour with The Stones. When they came back to play a homecoming gig they had the best equipment going, brand new Vox amps and Gibson guitars.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 9:17]
Another on bites the dust on 09:53 - May 13 with 890 viewsDaleiLama

Another on bites the dust on 06:29 - May 13 by downunder

Downunder enjoying a legover? (I'll get me coat)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Another on bites the dust on 13:50 - May 13 with 841 views1949er

The club was situated near theYelloway coaches on Weir street. Now pzrt of the new council offices.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Another on bites the dust on 07:40 - May 14 with 772 viewsEllDale

Must be something about Rochdale and cellars.
I'm a bit younger but vividly remember going to a place called the Chambers which was under the Town Hall. That was late 60's.
Another on bites the dust on 08:54 - May 14 with 751 viewsmingthemerciless

Another on bites the dust on 07:40 - May 14 by EllDale

I'm a bit younger but vividly remember going to a place called the Chambers which was under the Town Hall. That was late 60's.

I went there a few times, dj's were coming in then and live bands weren't as popular.

Other venues I went to in town that had live bands - The Fire Station, The Town Hall, The Carlton, British Legion Club, The Champness Hall, The Pyramid ( which was a cellar club at the bottom of Milnrow Road, I believe The Kinks also played there ).
Login to get fewer ads

Another on bites the dust on 09:06 - May 14 with 746 viewsD_Alien

Another on bites the dust on 07:40 - May 14 by EllDale

Went to Chambers a couple of times, just before it closed around 1972, beset by violent clashes outside between Skinheads and Smoothies (i was neither!)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Another on bites the dust on 09:43 - May 14 with 732 viewsJames1980

Another on bites the dust on 09:06 - May 14 by D_Alien

Went to Chambers a couple of times, just before it closed around 1972, beset by violent clashes outside between Skinheads and Smoothies (i was neither!)

Were they the catalysts for a moral panic, like the Mods and Rockers

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024