Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Second wave on way 15:03 - Jun 6 with 8383 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52949014

I understand protests but in this lockdown period this is ridiculous!!!

I fear the NHS will be overwhelmed in next fortnight.
Second wave on way on 16:58 - Jun 6 with 1598 viewsexiledclaseboy

Second wave on way on 16:57 - Jun 6 by builthjack

357 then

Still no.

Poll: Tory leader

Second wave on way on 16:58 - Jun 6 with 1598 viewsDr_Winston

Second wave on way on 16:57 - Jun 6 by builthjack

357 then

No.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Second wave on way on 17:01 - Jun 6 with 1581 viewsbuilthjack

Another 204 just announced. Whichever way you look at it we are still in the first wave.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Second wave on way on 17:01 - Jun 6 with 1577 viewsTreforys_Jack

Simple, people are c#nts.
Second wave on way on 17:21 - Jun 6 with 1513 viewslonglostjack

Second wave on way on 15:23 - Jun 6 by Kerouac

It's ok, they have the blame Boris/Cummings/etc. get out of jail free card.

It is utterly irresponsible and is being cheered on by the likes of the Labour party, the SNP and no doubt Plaid and the Greens (not heard of anything from them so this may be wrong, but they usually never miss an opportunity like this).

You subliminally forgot to mention the LibDems. Clearly you still have a soft spot for them.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Second wave on way on 17:25 - Jun 6 with 1501 viewsJack11

Don't recall crowds anywhere near that big in Swansea looking for Tapi. Perhaps his life did not matter enough.
Second wave on way on 17:35 - Jun 6 with 1451 viewsLohengrin

Second wave on way on 17:01 - Jun 6 by Treforys_Jack

Simple, people are c#nts.

They would have had to have had permission from the local authority to stage that. I wonder what fckin’ clown gave it?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Second wave on way on 17:50 - Jun 6 with 1407 viewssquarebear

Bad news for our more follically challenged posters.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/bald-men-higher-ri
Login to get fewer ads

Second wave on way on 17:56 - Jun 6 with 1389 viewsGlossolalia

Good and wholesome intentions are irrelevant - these protests are currently illegal, and health-wise, the single most dangerous thing to happen during lockdown.
So many have upheld their side of the bargain, but it seems having a super-moralistic cause means the law does not apply. This is an affront to all our collective hard work, diligence and personal sacrifices; I'm almost lost for words.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 17:58]
Second wave on way on 18:03 - Jun 6 with 1363 viewsTreforys_Jack

Second wave on way on 17:56 - Jun 6 by Glossolalia

Good and wholesome intentions are irrelevant - these protests are currently illegal, and health-wise, the single most dangerous thing to happen during lockdown.
So many have upheld their side of the bargain, but it seems having a super-moralistic cause means the law does not apply. This is an affront to all our collective hard work, diligence and personal sacrifices; I'm almost lost for words.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 17:58]

This a million times, people genuinely make me sick at times.
Second wave on way on 18:08 - Jun 6 with 1347 viewsGlossolalia

How thankful will the NHS be after this? How much more work will be laid before those poor workers of all races and cultures, because of these utterly ILLEGAL demonstrations? I genuinely despair at this, brothers and sisters.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 19:03]
Second wave on way on 18:16 - Jun 6 with 1326 viewsHighjack

Second wave on way on 16:54 - Jun 6 by exiledclaseboy

You can go and see your family now as long as you can sit outside and socially distance. My sister’s coming over for an hour tomorrow.

I thought there was a five mile limit?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Second wave on way on 18:17 - Jun 6 with 1320 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Second wave on way on 16:57 - Jun 6 by Jack_Kass

In protest, generally you are aiming for something to change, on receipt of such event

So can someone please tell me what it is people are protesting for, that will change in this country? A law change? An action concerning an individual?

If it was something specific regarding Windrush or immigration, then I could understand, but its just a bunch of people that have come together to agree that racism needs to end.

Call us enlightened.

I have seen a number of people mention Mark Duggan as part of their justification of the UK protests. You know, the man who police shot dead in a taxi whilst he was on his way to murder a rival gang member. A man who was already suspected to have played a role in numerous murders throughout London.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Second wave on way on 18:17 - Jun 6 with 1322 viewsexiledclaseboy

Second wave on way on 18:16 - Jun 6 by Highjack

I thought there was a five mile limit?

Ah fair point. The five miles is more guidance than an absolute limit though. The estimable Professor Drakeford said people should use common sense.

Second wave on way on 18:35 - Jun 6 with 1296 viewsFlashberryjack

Second wave on way on 16:54 - Jun 6 by exiledclaseboy

You can go and see your family now as long as you can sit outside and socially distance. My sister’s coming over for an hour tomorrow.

Unless she lives over 5 miles away.

My daughter is in hospital having just undergone a life saving operation, I can't go to visit her now, and won't be able to when she comes home due to the treatment she will be on, not until this virus has passed, these f*ckers in London won't be helping it go away fast either.

Wonder what Lord Bony would have thought about the protestors, I'm absolutely sure he would agree with their sentiments, but not the way they're going about it.

As I said, I hope she doesn't pick anything up, but more importantly I hope she doesn't pass it on to some random vulnerable person that might be spending their last days of their lives choking to death on a ventilator, I'd wager his/her family won't be saying "good for her"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Second wave on way on 18:50 - Jun 6 with 1272 viewsexiledclaseboy

Second wave on way on 18:35 - Jun 6 by Flashberryjack

My daughter is in hospital having just undergone a life saving operation, I can't go to visit her now, and won't be able to when she comes home due to the treatment she will be on, not until this virus has passed, these f*ckers in London won't be helping it go away fast either.

Wonder what Lord Bony would have thought about the protestors, I'm absolutely sure he would agree with their sentiments, but not the way they're going about it.

As I said, I hope she doesn't pick anything up, but more importantly I hope she doesn't pass it on to some random vulnerable person that might be spending their last days of their lives choking to death on a ventilator, I'd wager his/her family won't be saying "good for her"

The only important thing there, Flash, is that I hope your daughter recovers well and quickly. It must be horrendous for you not to be able to see her. I’ve been where you are now and I don’t envy you. Genuine best wishes.

Second wave on way on 19:03 - Jun 6 with 1250 viewsBrynCartwright

Second wave on way on 17:50 - Jun 6 by squarebear

Bad news for our more follically challenged posters.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/bald-men-higher-ri

Darran will be fine then!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Second wave on way on 19:15 - Jun 6 with 1220 viewsJimmyGilligan

https://www.twitch.tv/dappadragon

They're Idiots
Second wave on way on 23:58 - Jun 6 with 1112 viewsLuther27

Thoughts and best wishes mate.
Second wave on way on 00:15 - Jun 7 with 1092 viewsKerouac

I don't pray, as I'm an atheist, but if I did I would be praying for your daughter right now Flash.

Tell her there are strangers on a football forum rooting for her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Second wave on way on 00:16 - Jun 7 with 1090 viewslifelong

Sorry to read about your daughter W, wishing her a speedy recovery.
Second wave on way on 00:17 - Jun 7 with 1086 viewsKerouac

Second wave on way on 17:21 - Jun 6 by longlostjack

You subliminally forgot to mention the LibDems. Clearly you still have a soft spot for them.

That's funny, there might be something in that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Second wave on way on 02:58 - Jun 7 with 1051 viewsdunvantjack100

Absolutely astonished at the amount of people at these protests, as well as the amount of people who do not seem to understand the argument against the protest.
Nobody is arguing against the reason for such a protest, I can’t speak for everyone but I am very much behind the reasons for doing so. However, to gather in such high volumes when there is a national pandemic is nothing short of idiotic.

The only responses in debate I have encountered seem to be:

- it is more important than Covid-19, it’s been going on much longer
- what about everyone down the beaches

Well firstly, yes it is a huge problem across the world and predominantly in America and has been for a long long time. The size on these protests could have happened any time prior to lockdown, or any time after lockdown, why now? Yes there is the horrendous case of what has happened recently, but these protests are much larger than one incident.

On the point of those going to to beaches, I have not been myself, but my reaction has been the exact same as to those protesters - idiots.

There have been over 40,000 deaths recorded in the UK so far, this isn’t a case of picking one over the other. The UK should be working together to fight both issues.

The protesters are protesting over racism during a pandemic which is four times more likely to infect the BAME community? How does that make any sense.

It is a massive kick in the teeth to all of our key frontline workers. Those NHS staff who will potentially have to deal with the second spike. The police who have been working on the frontline throughout the pandemic, are now dealing with violent protests. What a fantastic way to show appreciation to the work they have carried out.

COVID-19 does not infect based on if you are a good samaritan or not.
Second wave on way on 09:54 - Jun 7 with 946 viewsdickythorpe

COVID-19 must be rubbing its hands this morning.

How depressing it is. There are people who have been on furlough since March 24th and they are at the end of their tether.
The mental health issues that many individuals, families, communities and businesses are going through right now will have heightened in recent days.

There is no respect anymore in Britain. Just when I thought there was a bit of togetherness beginning to shine through we have seen what we are.
In general we Brits are all out for ourselves and don't really understand how serious things are until we become ill.
People jump on bandwagons and want to be seen in a group without really thinking of consequences or really having any idea of what they are supposedly standing up for.
We should really be protesting against the government and the handling of this pandemic, but no we fancy a ruck about an age old problem that in truth many thought had gone away over here.

Couldn't give a toss now, if we get this virus we have only ourselves to blame.

Thanks.
Second wave on way on 10:56 - Jun 7 with 901 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I haven't seen any protests for the Black retired Cop shot to death by Black Looters.
It is obvious that Black on Black lives DO NOT matter, except to the bereaved families.

Why do "protestors" think it is OK to break the law and put other peoples lives at risk?
Do they think or do they just emote?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024