Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Second wave on way 15:03 - Jun 6 with 9174 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52949014

I understand protests but in this lockdown period this is ridiculous!!!

I fear the NHS will be overwhelmed in next fortnight.
Second wave on way on 11:06 - Jun 7 with 1470 viewsCaptain_Sham

Third wave, surely.
Ed

Its just a ride.

Second wave on way on 11:10 - Jun 7 with 1443 viewsItchySphincter

Second wave on way on 16:40 - Jun 6 by Highjack

I haven’t seen a single member of my family since the beginning of March.

I’ve worked all through it.

Followed the rules to the letter.

What has been the f*cking point?

C*nts.

We followed the rules to the letter too, only leaving the house for short exercise or essential supplies, I haven't even had a job to get me out or to occupy my mind, but some people haven't really taken it on board from the beginning. My pub owning neighbours that built a bar i their back garden, complete with taps and pumps, have never stopped having multiple mixed groups round on a regular basis to bbq and drink out in the sun whilst having loud debates about the right sand wrongs of current affairs. These are the same people that clap the NHS on a Thursday night. Recent shenanigans from government staff have only caused to heighten the tension at the time of easing and although I don't normally subscribe to conspiracy theories it would not be surprising to see the government use this as their get out of jail free card.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Second wave on way on 11:12 - Jun 7 with 1441 viewsItchySphincter

Second wave on way on 16:25 - Jun 6 by LeonWasGod

It is a kick in the nuts for the NHS, for sure. But then black people have been kicked in the nuts for decades and will continue to be. Racism a bigger issue if maybe less obviously urgent. I don't know how to balance the two and I'm not even trying to.

I share your sentiments.

Second wave on way on 11:17 - Jun 7 with 1431 viewsItchySphincter

Second wave on way on 18:35 - Jun 6 by Flashberryjack

Unless she lives over 5 miles away.

My daughter is in hospital having just undergone a life saving operation, I can't go to visit her now, and won't be able to when she comes home due to the treatment she will be on, not until this virus has passed, these f*ckers in London won't be helping it go away fast either.

Wonder what Lord Bony would have thought about the protestors, I'm absolutely sure he would agree with their sentiments, but not the way they're going about it.

As I said, I hope she doesn't pick anything up, but more importantly I hope she doesn't pass it on to some random vulnerable person that might be spending their last days of their lives choking to death on a ventilator, I'd wager his/her family won't be saying "good for her"

Best wishes for the recovery and future good health of your daughter, and the rest of your family.

Second wave on way on 12:00 - Jun 7 with 1383 viewshobo

Idiots. Though good to see they are better behaved than the American lot
Second wave on way on 00:20 - Jun 8 with 1243 viewsKerouac

Raheem Sterling: The only disease right now is racism

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52959292

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Second wave on way on 00:38 - Jun 8 with 1224 viewsJack123

Second wave on way on 00:20 - Jun 8 by Kerouac

Raheem Sterling: The only disease right now is racism

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52959292

What a plonker! Now is not the time, these protests are making a mockery of the rules the Government have introduced. People are getting annoyed now, like it seems only a few weeks ago, the police were using drones to catch people walking on remote hills/mountains, yet it's ok to protest 30k plus all close together.. If this does cause a spike we will know soon enough, personally i think this the wrong time to protest,

libera nos a malo

Second wave on way on 08:59 - Jun 8 with 1134 viewsbennytheblue

Interesting twist on these events

https://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111404&sid=3d149e224ed832e184
Login to get fewer ads

Second wave on way on 09:17 - Jun 8 with 1117 viewsJimmyGilligan

Second wave on way on 08:59 - Jun 8 by bennytheblue

Interesting twist on these events

https://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111404&sid=3d149e224ed832e184

They're just as likely to be Britain First types judging by their 'leaders' rant, to which someone added the song Parklife

Second wave on way on 09:21 - Jun 8 with 1107 viewsBest_loser

Second wave on way on 09:17 - Jun 8 by JimmyGilligan

They're just as likely to be Britain First types judging by their 'leaders' rant, to which someone added the song Parklife

😄
Second wave on way on 09:26 - Jun 8 with 1100 viewsSwansea93

Anthony Joshua telling people not to buy from 'Their' shops but to spend in black community shops, he's saying for people to go f*ck yourself if you think he's being racist.

Don't know how else to take his comment tbh.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Second wave on way on 09:31 - Jun 8 with 1097 viewsAnotherJohn

Second wave on way on 16:25 - Jun 6 by LeonWasGod

It is a kick in the nuts for the NHS, for sure. But then black people have been kicked in the nuts for decades and will continue to be. Racism a bigger issue if maybe less obviously urgent. I don't know how to balance the two and I'm not even trying to.

How to balance?

2020 Number of UK deaths from COVID-19 = >40,000
2020 Number of UK BAME deaths arising from police brutality or racism = ?
[Post edited 8 Jun 2020 9:36]
Second wave on way on 09:33 - Jun 8 with 1095 viewsBest_loser

Second wave on way on 09:26 - Jun 8 by Swansea93

Anthony Joshua telling people not to buy from 'Their' shops but to spend in black community shops, he's saying for people to go f*ck yourself if you think he's being racist.

Don't know how else to take his comment tbh.

Birds of a feather stick together

Every person in the planet is racist to varying degrees

It's in our DNA
Second wave on way on 09:34 - Jun 8 with 1091 viewsdickythorpe

Second wave on way on 09:33 - Jun 8 by Best_loser

Birds of a feather stick together

Every person in the planet is racist to varying degrees

It's in our DNA

8 pager coming up......
Second wave on way on 10:09 - Jun 8 with 1049 viewsSwansea93

He said "Show them where it hurts, abstain from spending your money in their shops and economies and invest in black owned businesses"

Anthony Joshua earns approx £8M a year in sponsorships and endorsements

Under Armour- White
Hugo Boss - Marzotto Family - White
Sky Sports - Rupert Murdoch - White
JD Sports - Stephen Rubin - White
BA - Antonio Romero -White
Bulk Powders - Adam Rossiter - White
Lucozade - Japan
Audemar Piguet - both families white
Beats - Apple major shareholder
Eddie Hearn - White
Land Rover Jaguar Tata - Indian
[Post edited 8 Jun 2020 10:11]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Second wave on way on 10:13 - Jun 8 with 1041 viewsBest_loser

Second wave on way on 10:09 - Jun 8 by Swansea93

He said "Show them where it hurts, abstain from spending your money in their shops and economies and invest in black owned businesses"

Under Armour- White
Lucozade - Japan
Eddie Hearn - White

Sky is not Murdoch it's comcast
Second wave on way on 10:47 - Jun 8 with 1003 viewsNotLoyal

As soon as anyone knows please confirm what will matter next weekend.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Second wave on way on 10:48 - Jun 8 with 1001 viewsCatullus

Second wave on way on 09:31 - Jun 8 by AnotherJohn

How to balance?

Maybe a better point would be, how many BAME have died from Covid-19 compared to killed by police,

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/bame-covid-19-deaths-what-do-we-know-rapid-data-ev

A lot of those protestors are BAME, they might take the virus back to their families possibly killing those they love. When they end up in hospital it might cause more BAME NHS staff to get ill and die.
In normal times we would have taken our son to that protest. In the current situation it's crazy to even think of going.

As for Joshua, I wonder what he'll say if all those 'white' businesses withdraw their sponsorship, I'd bet he'd call it racist. These protests, comments like Joshua's, they aren't helping. The protests might be spreading Covid and Joshua's comments are just propagating divisions in society.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Second wave on way on 10:52 - Jun 8 with 992 viewsNotLoyal

Second wave on way on 10:48 - Jun 8 by Catullus

Maybe a better point would be, how many BAME have died from Covid-19 compared to killed by police,

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/bame-covid-19-deaths-what-do-we-know-rapid-data-ev

A lot of those protestors are BAME, they might take the virus back to their families possibly killing those they love. When they end up in hospital it might cause more BAME NHS staff to get ill and die.
In normal times we would have taken our son to that protest. In the current situation it's crazy to even think of going.

As for Joshua, I wonder what he'll say if all those 'white' businesses withdraw their sponsorship, I'd bet he'd call it racist. These protests, comments like Joshua's, they aren't helping. The protests might be spreading Covid and Joshua's comments are just propagating divisions in society.

Joshua is a thick cnt.
I know it's short and sweet but anyone who says 'now we've got the power we must turn the screw on the country' loses my support after the excuses to riot recently.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Second wave on way on 11:14 - Jun 8 with 970 viewsLeonWasGod

Second wave on way on 09:31 - Jun 8 by AnotherJohn

How to balance?

Not quite that simple is it - you're effectively saying racism isn't an issue, whereas it clearly is.
Second wave on way on 11:36 - Jun 8 with 957 viewsCatullus

Second wave on way on 11:14 - Jun 8 by LeonWasGod

Not quite that simple is it - you're effectively saying racism isn't an issue, whereas it clearly is.

I don't think he's saying that, it's more like saying lets beat the virus first. Will anyone be happier if we sort racism out but the virus killed millions? Specially if those millions were mostly BAME because we know it hits them harder.

Lets face it, racism, as ugly and nasty as it is, it's going to be here for a long time. We may never get rid of it entirely. Certainly not in my lifetime. Most certainly not if people like Joshua keep making divisive and inflammatory comments.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Second wave on way on 11:37 - Jun 8 with 957 viewsLeonWasGod

Second wave on way on 10:48 - Jun 8 by Catullus

Or what's a bigger issue for black people? Systemic racism over the whole of their lives or a virus that has killed less than 1 in a 1000?

I don't know the answer to that. I'm not black and I've never been on the receiving end of racism. There's a very good chance that the black community sees this quite differently from those of us who aren't. I wouldn't attend the protests now, but I'm not going to tell black people how they should feel and act over racism issues.

And let's also not forget that the government in England has already significantly relaxed restrictions that saw many thousands flock to the beaches and have sent schools back. That'll be conveniently ignored by the people attacking the protests for culture war/political reasons.
Second wave on way on 12:01 - Jun 8 with 938 viewsjack247

Second wave on way on 11:37 - Jun 8 by LeonWasGod

Or what's a bigger issue for black people? Systemic racism over the whole of their lives or a virus that has killed less than 1 in a 1000?

I don't know the answer to that. I'm not black and I've never been on the receiving end of racism. There's a very good chance that the black community sees this quite differently from those of us who aren't. I wouldn't attend the protests now, but I'm not going to tell black people how they should feel and act over racism issues.

And let's also not forget that the government in England has already significantly relaxed restrictions that saw many thousands flock to the beaches and have sent schools back. That'll be conveniently ignored by the people attacking the protests for culture war/political reasons.

I find it very hard to make or accept an argument for mass gatherings at the moment. If people attending were only risking their own lives, I’d have the utmost respect for them.
Second wave on way on 13:40 - Jun 8 with 876 viewsAlfieMooresSon

I agree with the OP, these were thick knobheads and not keeping distances, you will see an increase, they are idiots!
Second wave on way on 13:46 - Jun 8 with 859 viewslondonlisa2001

Second wave on way on 10:09 - Jun 8 by Swansea93

Under Armour- White
Lucozade - Japan
Eddie Hearn - White

Joshua said to use black spending power to make a difference by spending with black businesses didn’t he, not refuse to get paid by ‘White’ businesses?

Black people can’t only work for black owned businesses as there aren’t enough of them, which I think is his point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024