Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whatever happened to 20:22 - Nov 13 with 5734 viewsjudd

The Dale Supporters Trust?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Whatever happened to on 16:38 - Nov 14 with 1596 viewsjudd

Whatever happened to on 16:31 - Nov 14 by D_Alien

Given that the purpose of the Trust is to be active on behalf of its members and the broader fanbase, there has to be an issue

Would i be right in reading into your efforts to raise this publicly that you believe there's a possibility that the absence of recent communications by the Trust is a deliberate strategy, for whatever reason, and by whomsoever might be instrumental?

Edit: rather than just an abeyance due to circumstances?

[Post edited 14 Nov 2020 16:38]

I’ve not given it that depth of thought, no.

I think all the fan base has heard of late is wholly one sided, and if the club genuinely wants to be at the heart of the community, generating millions for local businesses, then it should be willing to accept regular scrutiny.

I accept the Trust is run by volunteers and they give up an enormous amount of time, but this was the case when they held virtual meetings earlier in the year.

What has changed?

Whatever happened to on 17:40 - Nov 14 with 1502 viewsblackdogblue

Whatever happened to on 16:38 - Nov 14 by judd

I’ve not given it that depth of thought, no.

I think all the fan base has heard of late is wholly one sided, and if the club genuinely wants to be at the heart of the community, generating millions for local businesses, then it should be willing to accept regular scrutiny.

I accept the Trust is run by volunteers and they give up an enormous amount of time, but this was the case when they held virtual meetings earlier in the year.

What has changed?

Hi Judd,

I am pretty sure we have never had a difference of opinion on here (not that I remember or have apologised for mate 😀)

Can I ask a question here.. What are you expecting the trust to say or be doing at the moment? Your OP says “whatever happened to”... I presume they are all fit & well & sincerely hope they all are.

What has changed is we are in lockdown 2... do you have some questions you need an urgent answer to? Do you feel we are not getting updated from the club? Are you worried about financial situation of the club, if I struggling to see your point, perhaps you could expand on your comments through the thread, u may get some answers

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Whatever happened to on 18:03 - Nov 14 with 1479 viewsjudd

Whatever happened to on 17:40 - Nov 14 by blackdogblue

Hi Judd,

I am pretty sure we have never had a difference of opinion on here (not that I remember or have apologised for mate 😀)

Can I ask a question here.. What are you expecting the trust to say or be doing at the moment? Your OP says “whatever happened to”... I presume they are all fit & well & sincerely hope they all are.

What has changed is we are in lockdown 2... do you have some questions you need an urgent answer to? Do you feel we are not getting updated from the club? Are you worried about financial situation of the club, if I struggling to see your point, perhaps you could expand on your comments through the thread, u may get some answers

Hi BDB, and thanks for the questions.

I know there is a lockdown on now and there was a more stringent one in place earlier in the year, which did not stop the Trust communicating.

As 442Dale and others have picked up on, its been a while and it certainly pre-dates the current lockdown start date.

I cast no aspersions on the trust whatsoever, I’ve detected a change in MO and am intrigued as to why, given how it operated under stricter conditions earlier in the year.

The concerns I have previously alluded to are the one sided nature of communication and is the Trust being by-passed?

Hope that answers your questions but happy to debate further.

Whatever happened to on 19:20 - Nov 14 with 1406 viewsblackdogblue

Whatever happened to on 18:03 - Nov 14 by judd

Hi BDB, and thanks for the questions.

I know there is a lockdown on now and there was a more stringent one in place earlier in the year, which did not stop the Trust communicating.

As 442Dale and others have picked up on, its been a while and it certainly pre-dates the current lockdown start date.

I cast no aspersions on the trust whatsoever, I’ve detected a change in MO and am intrigued as to why, given how it operated under stricter conditions earlier in the year.

The concerns I have previously alluded to are the one sided nature of communication and is the Trust being by-passed?

Hope that answers your questions but happy to debate further.

😀, always up for a debate..

Just looked back through the Dale Trust website, they have 716 current members (I’m as guilty as a lot of people not renewing & I will do it tonight for a fiver.. was going to but never got round to it so expect to see 717 😀)... the last meeting with the club was back in June and not the best with links

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2020/06/meeting-with-the-club-7/

I may stand corrected but pretty sure the man of the match or player of the month, the club used to give a signed match shirt to a Dale Trust member? That’s gone by the wayside?

They did arrange a Halloween zoom quiz... & I must admit, last time I went to the shop the relayed 5xside pitch looked fantastic.

Looking at the last minutes to get back on point, a lot was asked about new investors.. I for one would like an update & as for Zen Internet, would I leave the security of being with Sky as bad as the download speed is where I live for an unknown new sponsor.. hell no...

The amount of members including exiles is about 20% of season ticket holders last season so probably the club are taking more interest in one eye on what’s said on here...

When u say going on at the Mo.. I would question after Furlough & some redundancies, there seems to be a lot of “back office” recruitment recently.. is now the right time??

Maybe a leading member of the forum could update what may be going on in the background & plans?

Or even better. As a follower of the club on Twitter, why Dave Sweetmore is doing behind the scenes tour guides (only watched 5 secs of the tweet vid) & was on the itv news feature... (he looks the same in & out of make up 🤣)... (Dave is actually a guy I have known for must be 20 years now since he was a teenager so not having a pop, just a bit of light hearted banter at for the record 👍)

Edit.. meant to add onto the Furlough bit, this may have affected the trust board do they may have other more important priorities at the moment
[Post edited 14 Nov 2020 19:24]

Whatever happened to on 19:47 - Nov 14 with 1370 viewskel

Whatever happened to on 19:20 - Nov 14 by blackdogblue

Just looked back through the Dale Trust website, they have 716 current members (I’m as guilty as a lot of people not renewing & I will do it tonight for a fiver.. was going to but never got round to it so expect to see 717 😀)... the last meeting with the club was back in June and not the best with links

I may stand corrected but pretty sure the man of the match or player of the month, the club used to give a signed match shirt to a Dale Trust member? That’s gone by the wayside?

They did arrange a Halloween zoom quiz... & I must admit, last time I went to the shop the relayed 5xside pitch looked fantastic.

Looking at the last minutes to get back on point, a lot was asked about new investors.. I for one would like an update & as for Zen Internet, would I leave the security of being with Sky as bad as the download speed is where I live for an unknown new sponsor.. hell no...

The amount of members including exiles is about 20% of season ticket holders last season so probably the club are taking more interest in one eye on what’s said on here...

When u say going on at the Mo.. I would question after Furlough & some redundancies, there seems to be a lot of “back office” recruitment recently.. is now the right time??

Maybe a leading member of the forum could update what may be going on in the background & plans?

Or even better. As a follower of the club on Twitter, why Dave Sweetmore is doing behind the scenes tour guides (only watched 5 secs of the tweet vid) & was on the itv news feature... (he looks the same in & out of make up 🤣)... (Dave is actually a guy I have known for must be 20 years now since he was a teenager so not having a pop, just a bit of light hearted banter at for the record 👍)

Edit.. meant to add onto the Furlough bit, this may have affected the trust board do they may have other more important priorities at the moment

Christ, don’t say ‘20%’ on a trust thread ffs.
Whatever happened to on 19:49 - Nov 14 with 1369 viewsjudd

Whatever happened to on 19:20 - Nov 14 by blackdogblue

Absolutely they may have health issues that I have overlooked.

I had to laugh at the tour guide, especially after he labelled some Dale fans as peados on social media after he was criticised when coming back as DJ in place of Eden.

But, if anything, I have at least recruited a member for the Trust 😁

Whatever happened to on 20:13 - Nov 14 with 1342 viewsblackdogblue

Whatever happened to on 19:47 - Nov 14 by kel

Christ, don’t say ‘20%’ on a trust thread ffs.

This is a problem with the Dog being shut... sat at home.. what’s 20% got to do with a stag night? 😂

Whatever happened to on 20:20 - Nov 14 with 1327 viewsblackdogblue

Subscribed, £5 paid & confirmed humanity & agreed GPDR...

Hopefully win a shirt now 🤣

Login to get fewer ads

Whatever happened to on 22:23 - Nov 14 with 1277 viewsDalenet

The AGM is a little over two weeks away so perhaps a time to ask questions then Judd. It is by zoom so will be covid free
Whatever happened to on 22:34 - Nov 14 with 1269 viewsjudd

Whatever happened to on 22:23 - Nov 14 by Dalenet

The AGM is a little over two weeks away so perhaps a time to ask questions then Judd. It is by zoom so will be covid free

Thank you.

This is a fans forum previously frequented by the Trust and Trust officers, hence me asking on here.

Whatever happened to on 22:36 - Nov 14 with 1264 views442Dale

Whatever happened to on 22:23 - Nov 14 by Dalenet

The Trust AGM? Has that been announced somewhere that I missed (quite possibly!)?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Whatever happened to on 22:54 - Nov 14 with 1239 viewsDalenet

Whatever happened to on 22:36 - Nov 14 by 442Dale

The Trust AGM? Has that been announced somewhere that I missed (quite possibly!)?

email 5 days ago.
Whatever happened to on 23:07 - Nov 14 with 1228 viewsstandale

Whatever happened to on 22:36 - Nov 14 by 442Dale

iv’e not seen anything about an agm either, there’s nothing on the website and I haven’t received an email informing me. If an agm does happen wouldn’t it just be for members only?
also quite a while back now, didn’t the trust say they would only answer questions at a trust desk or via email ? if so it seems a bit strange to ask questions on here if people know they won’t get answered.
Whatever happened to on 23:11 - Nov 14 with 1221 views442Dale

Whatever happened to on 22:54 - Nov 14 by Dalenet

email 5 days ago.

Was it the November newsletter, as yet to receive that?

Which of course, may contain updates on some things mentioned in this thread.

Whatever happened to on 23:12 - Nov 14 with 1219 viewsstandale

Whatever happened to on 22:54 - Nov 14 by Dalenet

email 5 days ago.

found in my spam
Whatever happened to on 23:36 - Nov 14 with 1187 viewsDale27

Shouldn’t a TRUST be on the side of their fans?

Makes a mockery of the word!
Whatever happened to on 02:05 - Nov 15 with 1123 viewsJames1980

Whatever happened to on 23:36 - Nov 14 by Dale27

I'd say the trust should want the best outcomes for the fans the club and the wider community and work with all three to achieve these aims.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Whatever happened to on 09:46 - Nov 15 with 997 viewskel

Whatever happened to on 23:36 - Nov 14 by Dale27

Do you have some examples of them not being please?

Cheers.
Whatever happened to on 10:48 - Nov 15 with 938 viewskel

I’ve just received the November newsletter by email. If anyone would like me to forward it to them then feel free to send me a pm.
Whatever happened to on 11:18 - Nov 15 with 912 viewsjudd

Whatever happened to on 23:07 - Nov 14 by standale

iv’e not seen anything about an agm either, there’s nothing on the website and I haven’t received an email informing me. If an agm does happen wouldn’t it just be for members only?
also quite a while back now, didn’t the trust say they would only answer questions at a trust desk or via email ? if so it seems a bit strange to ask questions on here if people know they won’t get answered.

You may very well have answered my question - thank you.

Whatever happened to on 11:40 - Nov 15 with 885 viewsZac_B

Whatever happened to on 19:49 - Nov 14 by judd

Absolutely they may have health issues that I have overlooked.

I had to laugh at the tour guide, especially after he labelled some Dale fans as peados on social media after he was criticised when coming back as DJ in place of Eden.

But, if anything, I have at least recruited a member for the Trust 😁

Don't you remember, somebody went to the effort of hacking into his Twitter account to post that Dale fans are peados, or something like that
Whatever happened to on 11:41 - Nov 15 with 883 views442Dale

Whatever happened to on 10:48 - Nov 15 by kel

I’ve just received the November newsletter by email. If anyone would like me to forward it to them then feel free to send me a pm.

Also received the newsletter this morning. Some interesting info in there that will hopefully appear on the Trust site so all supporters can get an appreciation of the good work they do - this may, of course, be the intention and it might be on there later - certainly encourages people to join! It includes:

<<Work with the club
The Trust met with the club at the end of last month to discuss a number of issues that had arisen in the previous weeks.

With fans not able to attend games, watching Dale has become limited to iFollow which has brought a number of issues in itself.

The Trust are aware of a number of concerns from supporters from both a technical point of view and also supporters being charged when they shouldn’t have been. These concerns are typical of the experience that supporters are experiencing at other clubs. The Trust are working with their parent body The Football Supporters Association with regards to this, and further action will take place in the next week or two. In the meantime, any supporter wanting to contact iFollow directly can do so via ifollow@efl.com.

The Trust requested that the decision to provide free iFollow passes to all adult season card holders not requesting a refund be extended so that they can be given to both youth and junior season card holders as well - The club responded that it was not in a position to do so and that a refund had been offered to all season card holders.

Developments at iFollow have seen a system rolled out whereby season ticket holders are automatically logged on for home matches without the need for a voucher which should cut out many of the problems. When will this be rolled out at Dale? The club stated that they did not know at this moment in time but would follow up with the EFL

We asked about the update on the number of passes sold for matches and the revenue generated so far. The club were happy to provide that information to us. The club requested that fans should be encouraged to purchase passes for away matches as well. The home team will receive revenue relating to an agreed expected away following, and after that the money comes to Dale. For example, should Dale be away at Gillingham, it might be expected that we’d take 180 fans there for a league game. Should 400 passes be sold, Gillingham would receive the revenue for 180 of the sales, and we would receive the revenue for 220 sales.

The Trust stated that they were concerned about the breakdown of the matchday experience for supporters, with supporting the club limited now to two hours sat in front of a computer / tablet / phone. More is needed to ensure that Saturdays especially remain more than the game, and had recently asked Trust members for suggestions.

We were pleased to see that progress has been made on this with the Fans in the Crowd and the matchday draw. The club have also started running Zoom meetings with supporters whilst the match is in play. We will continue to see what else can be done on a matchday to strengthen the link between fans and the club.

The Trust asked if they could run a monthly shirt giveaway to Junior Trust members (16 years old and younger). The club were happy with that and would provide the shirts.This will commence in November to coincide with the Player of the Month award, and the winning junior member will decide which player's shirt they choose as the prize.

We were equally pleased to see further interaction between the club and the support with players ringing supporters as well as the popularity of the Halloween tours that were sold out throughout the half term week.

One matter of concern was the club hosting a hospitality event for the home game with Sunderland. Whilst there were no issues with the club hosting such an event as many clubs are running similar events, it was felt that it was irresponsible to be inviting away supporters to such an event especially in light of the large infection rate in both towns. The decision to invite Sunderland supporters was made given they have a large number of supporters around the country, including the local area, and the offer was intended with those in mind. As it happened, the event was cancelled due to a lack of interest possibly with the event being midweek. Further events will be planned when restrictions on such events are lifted.

Action Points

The club will update the Trust with the numbers of passes purchased for each game and the revenue generated.
The club to update the Trust on changes to the iFollow match passes system
The Trust to look for further ideas to boost matchdays
The club to provide a player’s shirt each month to give away to a Junior Trust member>>

And...
<< Your opinion counts
As mentioned above, we have been involved with the Football Supporters Associaton over concerns regarding iFollow, and will be launching a survey in the next few days. Whether it has worked perfectly for you or whether you have had issues with it, please ensure that you complete this survey. The more people who complete it, the more weight it will carry when the FSA deal with iFollow. Please keep an eye on our website and social media channels in the next few days for when it launches. If there is anything else you would like to raise with us, please drop us an email to info@daletrust.co.uk. >>

Whatever happened to on 12:20 - Nov 15 with 852 viewsjudd

Whatever happened to on 11:41 - Nov 15 by 442Dale

Also received the newsletter this morning. Some interesting info in there that will hopefully appear on the Trust site so all supporters can get an appreciation of the good work they do - this may, of course, be the intention and it might be on there later - certainly encourages people to join! It includes:

<<Work with the club
The Trust met with the club at the end of last month to discuss a number of issues that had arisen in the previous weeks.

With fans not able to attend games, watching Dale has become limited to iFollow which has brought a number of issues in itself.

The Trust are aware of a number of concerns from supporters from both a technical point of view and also supporters being charged when they shouldn’t have been. These concerns are typical of the experience that supporters are experiencing at other clubs. The Trust are working with their parent body The Football Supporters Association with regards to this, and further action will take place in the next week or two. In the meantime, any supporter wanting to contact iFollow directly can do so via ifollow@efl.com.

The Trust requested that the decision to provide free iFollow passes to all adult season card holders not requesting a refund be extended so that they can be given to both youth and junior season card holders as well - The club responded that it was not in a position to do so and that a refund had been offered to all season card holders.

Developments at iFollow have seen a system rolled out whereby season ticket holders are automatically logged on for home matches without the need for a voucher which should cut out many of the problems. When will this be rolled out at Dale? The club stated that they did not know at this moment in time but would follow up with the EFL

We asked about the update on the number of passes sold for matches and the revenue generated so far. The club were happy to provide that information to us. The club requested that fans should be encouraged to purchase passes for away matches as well. The home team will receive revenue relating to an agreed expected away following, and after that the money comes to Dale. For example, should Dale be away at Gillingham, it might be expected that we’d take 180 fans there for a league game. Should 400 passes be sold, Gillingham would receive the revenue for 180 of the sales, and we would receive the revenue for 220 sales.

The Trust stated that they were concerned about the breakdown of the matchday experience for supporters, with supporting the club limited now to two hours sat in front of a computer / tablet / phone. More is needed to ensure that Saturdays especially remain more than the game, and had recently asked Trust members for suggestions.

We were pleased to see that progress has been made on this with the Fans in the Crowd and the matchday draw. The club have also started running Zoom meetings with supporters whilst the match is in play. We will continue to see what else can be done on a matchday to strengthen the link between fans and the club.

The Trust asked if they could run a monthly shirt giveaway to Junior Trust members (16 years old and younger). The club were happy with that and would provide the shirts.This will commence in November to coincide with the Player of the Month award, and the winning junior member will decide which player's shirt they choose as the prize.

We were equally pleased to see further interaction between the club and the support with players ringing supporters as well as the popularity of the Halloween tours that were sold out throughout the half term week.

One matter of concern was the club hosting a hospitality event for the home game with Sunderland. Whilst there were no issues with the club hosting such an event as many clubs are running similar events, it was felt that it was irresponsible to be inviting away supporters to such an event especially in light of the large infection rate in both towns. The decision to invite Sunderland supporters was made given they have a large number of supporters around the country, including the local area, and the offer was intended with those in mind. As it happened, the event was cancelled due to a lack of interest possibly with the event being midweek. Further events will be planned when restrictions on such events are lifted.

Action Points

The club will update the Trust with the numbers of passes purchased for each game and the revenue generated.
The club to update the Trust on changes to the iFollow match passes system
The Trust to look for further ideas to boost matchdays
The club to provide a player’s shirt each month to give away to a Junior Trust member>>

And...
<< Your opinion counts
As mentioned above, we have been involved with the Football Supporters Associaton over concerns regarding iFollow, and will be launching a survey in the next few days. Whether it has worked perfectly for you or whether you have had issues with it, please ensure that you complete this survey. The more people who complete it, the more weight it will carry when the FSA deal with iFollow. Please keep an eye on our website and social media channels in the next few days for when it launches. If there is anything else you would like to raise with us, please drop us an email to info@daletrust.co.uk. >>

Excellent report, thank you and the Trust. Delighted to see challenges being made.

Whatever happened to on 12:34 - Nov 15 with 827 viewsD_Alien

Thanks 442. After the Sunderland game, enquiries were made on here about how the hospitality went. Turns out it was cancelled, which is fair enough and no great surprise, but not sure why this simple fact couldn't have been mentioned in response

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Whatever happened to on 13:46 - Nov 15 with 771 viewsjudd

Whatever happened to on 12:34 - Nov 15 by D_Alien

Thanks 442. After the Sunderland game, enquiries were made on here about how the hospitality went. Turns out it was cancelled, which is fair enough and no great surprise, but not sure why this simple fact couldn't have been mentioned in response

I hope the Bristol Rovers event at lower prices was successful.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2020 17:20]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024