Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL Thread 18:57 - Dec 16 with 14185 viewsAtThePeake

Apologies to all the NFL fans but a technical issue with the other thread was stopping people from being able to read the later posts. We aren't sure what happened here so thought it was easier to lock the previous thread and start a new one. I won't delete the thread so people can go back and read it if needs be, but it's locked now.

(Really hoping someone starts an NBA thread when we get going in a week or so! Just me? Oh).

Tangled up in blue.

NFL Thread on 08:01 - Jan 5 with 1812 viewsisitme

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-proposal-would-reward-teams-with-multiple

With Bieniemy interviewing for head coaching jobs and the Panthers speaking to Poles for their GM vacancy it will be interesting to see how this rule plays out. If both went KC would gain a third round pick for three consecutive years.
NFL Thread on 21:04 - Jan 5 with 1758 viewsDaleiLama

Undesirable developments in Ohio

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30656525/cleveland-browns-head-coach-kevin-s

[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 21:40]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFL Thread on 11:57 - Jan 6 with 1712 viewsjonahwhereru

NFL Thread on 21:04 - Jan 5 by DaleiLama

Undesirable developments in Ohio

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30656525/cleveland-browns-head-coach-kevin-s

[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 21:40]

You have to question the organisation senior management. Browns have 22 on injured reserve, Steelers 12. Tells a story.
NFL Thread on 16:54 - Jan 6 with 1690 viewsDaleiLama

The draft pick number of every starting QB in the NFL playoffs this year.

NFL Thread on 10:16 - Jan 9 with 1657 viewsDaleiLama

NFL Thread on 13:40 - Jan 9 with 1637 viewsNigeriamark

NFL Thread on 10:16 - Jan 9 by DaleiLama

Looking forward to this weekend. Will probably watch all the games except the last one tonight. If the Browns are close at half time I think we have a reasonable shot. However if the Steelers get W scores ahead early it could be a long night. The AFC match ups look a lot more interesting than the NFC. However I fancy a Rams upset against the Seahawks. My regular season awards are.

Best QB. 1 Rodgers 2 Allen. 3 Mahomes. Mahomes only 3rd because he had played within himself

Best WR Adams with Hill the most explosive of the rest

Best RB ( and non QB MVP) Henry ( no-one close). Ahead ofAdams as the latter has also benefitted from Rodgers being his QB

Best TE. Can only be Kelce.

Best defence. Rams

Best defensive player Donald

Most improved team v last year Fins

Biggest decline. 49s although in fairness had an unbelievable hit on the injury front

Any other awards?

[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 13:40]
NFL Thread on 14:45 - Jan 9 with 1619 viewsUSADale

I have a bet with a mate of mine who thinks the Bills are 1 and done, as much as I have come to hate the Bills over the years I can appreciate a good team so I offered him a $20 bet. We're going out for a late lunch and to watch the game, this is going to be a little weird and the first time ever I believe, I'll be shouting for Buffalo. I actually have an old Bills Bledsoe shirt that a friend bought me years ago (love Drew Bledsoe) but not sure I can actually bring myself to go that far and actually wear it.....some things are just wrong!
NFL Thread on 19:38 - Jan 9 with 1586 viewspioneer

NFL Thread on 14:45 - Jan 9 by USADale

I have a bet with a mate of mine who thinks the Bills are 1 and done, as much as I have come to hate the Bills over the years I can appreciate a good team so I offered him a $20 bet. We're going out for a late lunch and to watch the game, this is going to be a little weird and the first time ever I believe, I'll be shouting for Buffalo. I actually have an old Bills Bledsoe shirt that a friend bought me years ago (love Drew Bledsoe) but not sure I can actually bring myself to go that far and actually wear it.....some things are just wrong!

Go on give it a try in the second half....you never know you might enjoy it.

Got my Jim Kelly top on.
Login to get fewer ads

NFL Thread on 20:56 - Jan 9 with 1566 viewspioneer

NFL Thread on 19:38 - Jan 9 by pioneer

Go on give it a try in the second half....you never know you might enjoy it.

Got my Jim Kelly top on.

squeaky bum time! Frank Reich has history manufacturing fourth quater comebacks in the play offs, but wearing a bills shirt.
NFL Thread on 21:39 - Jan 9 with 1563 viewsNigeriamark

NFL Thread on 20:56 - Jan 9 by pioneer

squeaky bum time! Frank Reich has history manufacturing fourth quater comebacks in the play offs, but wearing a bills shirt.

squeaked over the line although I think that was a fumble by the colts in the last minute. Good start to the weekend with the next game up looking like another tight one. Wont stay up for the Tamps/WFT game which I think the Bucs should win
NFL Thread on 03:15 - Jan 10 with 1551 viewspioneer

NFL Thread on 21:39 - Jan 9 by Nigeriamark

squeaked over the line although I think that was a fumble by the colts in the last minute. Good start to the weekend with the next game up looking like another tight one. Wont stay up for the Tamps/WFT game which I think the Bucs should win

Dead right. Replays don’t help when the person viewing the replay is blind😄
NFL Thread on 18:23 - Jan 10 with 1504 viewsDaleiLama

NFL Thread on 13:40 - Jan 9 by Nigeriamark

Looking forward to this weekend. Will probably watch all the games except the last one tonight. If the Browns are close at half time I think we have a reasonable shot. However if the Steelers get W scores ahead early it could be a long night. The AFC match ups look a lot more interesting than the NFC. However I fancy a Rams upset against the Seahawks. My regular season awards are.

Best QB. 1 Rodgers 2 Allen. 3 Mahomes. Mahomes only 3rd because he had played within himself

Best WR Adams with Hill the most explosive of the rest

Best RB ( and non QB MVP) Henry ( no-one close). Ahead ofAdams as the latter has also benefitted from Rodgers being his QB

Best TE. Can only be Kelce.

Best defence. Rams

Most improved team v last year Fins

Biggest decline. 49s although in fairness had an unbelievable hit on the injury front

Any other awards?

[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 13:40]

Henry got more yards over the last 20 games than any other back over a 20 game period in the history of football. Remarkable.

DPOTY Xavien Howard - "X". 10 INTs. Bias fully conceded.

https://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/player/_/id/2978935/xavien-howard.

USADale - that was free money, but what was Frank Reich doing going for it on 4th and goal at the 4? Bet you and Pioneer were sweating it a bit though? That Indy D was really stout and that game could have gone either way.

Speaking of D, that Rams performance was even better. Having Bortles inactive nearly cost them the game - another head scratcher, but if Goff gets back to full fitness they are going to cause opponents problems.

Finally, the Bucs. No great surprise there really other than WFT still in it at the death. Never liked Brady and I'm not about to start now.

Looking forward to tonight's games too but won't be watching til tomorrow so will give this thread a swerve until I'm up to speed. Go Browns. Woof to the Dawg Pound.

NFL Thread on 05:27 - Jan 11 with 1478 viewsNigeriamark

NFL Thread on 18:23 - Jan 10 by DaleiLama

Henry got more yards over the last 20 games than any other back over a 20 game period in the history of football. Remarkable.

DPOTY Xavien Howard - "X". 10 INTs. Bias fully conceded.

https://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/player/_/id/2978935/xavien-howard.

USADale - that was free money, but what was Frank Reich doing going for it on 4th and goal at the 4? Bet you and Pioneer were sweating it a bit though? That Indy D was really stout and that game could have gone either way.

Speaking of D, that Rams performance was even better. Having Bortles inactive nearly cost them the game - another head scratcher, but if Goff gets back to full fitness they are going to cause opponents problems.

Finally, the Bucs. No great surprise there really other than WFT still in it at the death. Never liked Brady and I'm not about to start now.

Looking forward to tonight's games too but won't be watching til tomorrow so will give this thread a swerve until I'm up to speed. Go Browns. Woof to the Dawg Pound.

Go Browns !!! well worth staying up all night for. Browns still the only team that can be 28-0 after a quarter and 35-7 up at HT & yet give the other team a chance. However they calmed down and got the job done. 1st play off win for 26 years with key players out & no coaching staff

Ravens absolutely superb in the early match up and kept Henry quiet the whole game. Genuine contenders now for the SB

Bills-Ravens the pick of next weeks games & looking forward to it. Hard one to call. Browns amazing season will probably end against KC, but today was really their cup final, beating the Steelers after 17 consecutive loses at their stadium. However they can play without fear so who knows especially if everyone is back

In the AFC its a battle of the 2 40+ year old QBs, Brady v Brees. I think the Bucs are peaking at the right time & will nick it

Finally the Packers v the Rams, a tough one. The Rams picked up a few knocks including Donald. If he doesn't play then Packers are huge favourites. I think they may win anyway but you can't write off the Rams when their defence is playing at it's best

So next week I predict wins for Chiefs, Ravens ( or Bills !!), Packers & Bucs, all after the Dale beat Wigan. A good weekend in store
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 9:52]
NFL Thread on 11:20 - Jan 11 with 1453 viewspioneer

NFL Thread on 05:27 - Jan 11 by Nigeriamark

Go Browns !!! well worth staying up all night for. Browns still the only team that can be 28-0 after a quarter and 35-7 up at HT & yet give the other team a chance. However they calmed down and got the job done. 1st play off win for 26 years with key players out & no coaching staff

Ravens absolutely superb in the early match up and kept Henry quiet the whole game. Genuine contenders now for the SB

Bills-Ravens the pick of next weeks games & looking forward to it. Hard one to call. Browns amazing season will probably end against KC, but today was really their cup final, beating the Steelers after 17 consecutive loses at their stadium. However they can play without fear so who knows especially if everyone is back

In the AFC its a battle of the 2 40+ year old QBs, Brady v Brees. I think the Bucs are peaking at the right time & will nick it

Finally the Packers v the Rams, a tough one. The Rams picked up a few knocks including Donald. If he doesn't play then Packers are huge favourites. I think they may win anyway but you can't write off the Rams when their defence is playing at it's best

So next week I predict wins for Chiefs, Ravens ( or Bills !!), Packers & Bucs, all after the Dale beat Wigan. A good weekend in store
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 9:52]

So you dont see a battle of Lake Erie in the AFC final?

We could have Bernie Kosar and Jim Kelly renew their rivalry for the coin toss.

In Bills we trust.
NFL Thread on 13:59 - Jan 11 with 1436 viewsNigeriamark

NFL Thread on 11:20 - Jan 11 by pioneer

So you dont see a battle of Lake Erie in the AFC final?

We could have Bernie Kosar and Jim Kelly renew their rivalry for the coin toss.

In Bills we trust.

I think the Bills are 50/50 to get to the final but struggling to see my team get there. Your game is the one I'm looking forward most to watching in many ways although of course that may change if we actually keep it close v KC

I'm still thinking Covid may still have a say. We've had a couple of bad weeks but imagine if a Mahomes, Kelce, Jackson + some teammates go down ( even worse if it's the Superbowl)?
NFL Thread on 18:13 - Jan 11 with 1411 viewsjonahwhereru

Similar to the storyline in The Likely Lads I have avoided the Browns v Steelers result until I could watch it.
My how Pittsburgh imploded. Suicide in the first Qtr. The Browns then played containment all the time rather than most of it. But they kept making enough big offensive plays to see it out, without being spectacular. But the back story is super. Offensive linemen playing who hardly new each other’s names.
Could we get Bitonio and Ward back for next week, I doubt it. Hoping Conklin can get back. Nothing to loose next week and everything to gain.
NFL Thread on 06:05 - Jan 12 with 1384 viewsNigeriamark

NFL Thread on 18:13 - Jan 11 by jonahwhereru

Similar to the storyline in The Likely Lads I have avoided the Browns v Steelers result until I could watch it.
My how Pittsburgh imploded. Suicide in the first Qtr. The Browns then played containment all the time rather than most of it. But they kept making enough big offensive plays to see it out, without being spectacular. But the back story is super. Offensive linemen playing who hardly new each other’s names.
Could we get Bitonio and Ward back for next week, I doubt it. Hoping Conklin can get back. Nothing to loose next week and everything to gain.

I remember that episode ( showing our age)

The first quarter is probably the best I can remember as a Browns fan but all I could think of was how much worse it will feel when they come back & win

Not sure if you saw the whole game but the key moment for me was when the Steelers had pulled it back to 12 points, had all the momentum and were in our half with a 4 & 1. THEY PUNTED. I couldn't believe it & a statistician said it was the first time a team had punted in such a position ( 10 or more points down in a 4th quarter at 4&1) for 11 years including regular season. Obviously a brain freeze from their head coach but a welcome relief for us

Seems like Bitonio and Ward will be back, but still a tough ask against KC. They'll be up for it though
NFL Thread on 11:42 - Jan 12 with 1354 viewspioneer

NFL Thread on 14:45 - Jan 9 by USADale

enjoy your winnings!
NFL Thread on 12:34 - Jan 12 with 1337 viewsDaleiLama

NFL Thread on 06:05 - Jan 12 by Nigeriamark

I remember that episode ( showing our age)

The first quarter is probably the best I can remember as a Browns fan but all I could think of was how much worse it will feel when they come back & win

Not sure if you saw the whole game but the key moment for me was when the Steelers had pulled it back to 12 points, had all the momentum and were in our half with a 4 & 1. THEY PUNTED. I couldn't believe it & a statistician said it was the first time a team had punted in such a position ( 10 or more points down in a 4th quarter at 4&1) for 11 years including regular season. Obviously a brain freeze from their head coach but a welcome relief for us

Seems like Bitonio and Ward will be back, but still a tough ask against KC. They'll be up for it though

Ditto about that episode but in our case the game actually took place, unlike the England Likely Lads game (postponed - due to waterlogged pitch, I think?) and I've delayed posting until now too.

The game that probably generated most interest/discussion (yours) was absolutely staggering. In many ways it reminded me of the Broncos SB when they lost 55-10 to the 9ers (most lop-sided defeat ever), a game which also started with a botched snap but in that case it was a safety. Markice Pouncey is a perennial pro-bowler and even better than his bro, Mark, who was with the Dolphins before moving to Chargers. I was surprised to say the least that he did that and it was the beginning of a spectacular meltdown - a perfect storm of collapsing for the Browns fans to enjoy. In many ways, I am as glad the Steelers lost as the Browns won. Had they competed the week before they may not have come out in a stupor (and Miami may have made the play-offs) but that's all conjecture. I do wonder how the lay off will affect the Chiefs too, for the Divisional round? I loved the fact that Alex Van Pelt was still calling aggressive plays to put the Steelers away too, but I also fear for the Browns D facing Mahomes. Sets up a mouth-watering prospect.

So Browns fans, at what point did you think you were safe? Was it the FG @ 4:31 to go to make it 45-29, was it Takitaki's INT @ 3:25 to go, was it the FG to make it 48-29 with 2:54 to go, was it when the Steelers scored with only 1:13 left on the clock or was it when Cle recovered the onside kick? (I can guess from what I would have thought).

Good news that Stefanski will clear Covid protocols to coach the Chiefs game too.

Speaking of punting, two main things happen during the play-offs as a generalisation. Coaches become much more conservative in the most part and DPI is rarely called. Check out the tweets below for coaches being called out for punting.

By contrast, the Twitterverse (that I follow) didn't even register the Steelers punt.

This amused me

and this

Onto the divisional round. My take is:

Ravens over Bills (their D is just nasty and always has been)
Chiefs over Browns (Browns have the right kind of Offense for the play-offs but not sure the D can do enough to limit KC - if the Browns are to have a chance they must run Chubb and Hunt outside the tackles (or make better holes with their O line) and dominate TOP to keep Mahomes off the field)

Saints over Bucs (not sure Brady can keep pulling rabbits out of the hat and Kamara to have a big game even though TB run D has been stingy in regular season)
Packers over Rams (Donald is day to day and expected to play, but injuries to both Rams QBs - even if they are passed to play - could limit them)

Edit:

Had to add this

[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 13:44]

NFL Thread on 12:56 - Jan 12 with 1329 viewsjonahwhereru

NFL Thread on 12:34 - Jan 12 by DaleiLama

Ditto about that episode but in our case the game actually took place, unlike the England Likely Lads game (postponed - due to waterlogged pitch, I think?) and I've delayed posting until now too.

The game that probably generated most interest/discussion (yours) was absolutely staggering. In many ways it reminded me of the Broncos SB when they lost 55-10 to the 9ers (most lop-sided defeat ever), a game which also started with a botched snap but in that case it was a safety. Markice Pouncey is a perennial pro-bowler and even better than his bro, Mark, who was with the Dolphins before moving to Chargers. I was surprised to say the least that he did that and it was the beginning of a spectacular meltdown - a perfect storm of collapsing for the Browns fans to enjoy. In many ways, I am as glad the Steelers lost as the Browns won. Had they competed the week before they may not have come out in a stupor (and Miami may have made the play-offs) but that's all conjecture. I do wonder how the lay off will affect the Chiefs too, for the Divisional round? I loved the fact that Alex Van Pelt was still calling aggressive plays to put the Steelers away too, but I also fear for the Browns D facing Mahomes. Sets up a mouth-watering prospect.

So Browns fans, at what point did you think you were safe? Was it the FG @ 4:31 to go to make it 45-29, was it Takitaki's INT @ 3:25 to go, was it the FG to make it 48-29 with 2:54 to go, was it when the Steelers scored with only 1:13 left on the clock or was it when Cle recovered the onside kick? (I can guess from what I would have thought).

Good news that Stefanski will clear Covid protocols to coach the Chiefs game too.

Speaking of punting, two main things happen during the play-offs as a generalisation. Coaches become much more conservative in the most part and DPI is rarely called. Check out the tweets below for coaches being called out for punting.

By contrast, the Twitterverse (that I follow) didn't even register the Steelers punt.

This amused me

and this

Chiefs over Browns (Browns have the right kind of Offense for the play-offs but not sure the D can do enough to limit KC - if the Browns are to have a chance they must run Chubb and Hunt outside the tackles (or make better holes with their O line) and dominate TOP to keep Mahomes off the field)

Saints over Bucs (not sure Brady can keep pulling rabbits out of the hat and Kamara to have a big game even though TB run D has been stingy in regular season)
Packers over Rams (Donald is day to day and expected to play, but injuries to both Rams QBs - even if they are passed to play - could limit them)

Edit:

Had to add this

The Takitaki interception was the moment I leapt out of my seat. I though that was a mental hammer blow at that stage.
The rest was just Steelers showboating.
NFL Thread on 13:27 - Jan 12 with 1326 viewsDaleiLama

Too early for draft talk yet, but I was more than a bit surprised by so many teams passing up an opportunity to coach at the Senior Bowl unless their decision was safety related?

NFL Thread on 17:02 - Jan 12 with 1297 viewsNigeriamark

NFL Thread on 12:56 - Jan 12 by jonahwhereru

The Takitaki interception was the moment I leapt out of my seat. I though that was a mental hammer blow at that stage.
The rest was just Steelers showboating.

That was the same moment I also knew we had won, although them taking the punt at 4&1 made me feel the momentum had moved our way. If anyone was a revengeful Browns fan ( not us of course!!) it may feel nice that you have potentially pushed Big Ben into retirement due to this game. He looked a broken man in the interviews I have seen

This game and the regular season game against the Ravens are genuinely 2 of the most amazing games in the whole season so far ( bit of bias there)

Roll on the weekend
NFL Thread on 17:53 - Jan 12 with 1285 viewsUSADale

NFL Thread on 11:42 - Jan 12 by pioneer

enjoy your winnings!

I did, although couldn't bring myself to put the shirt on, it was still a strange experience shouting for the Bills! At the end of the day that was a great game to watch, especially for the neutral. Allen did his best to give it away in the 4th and some questionable, at best calls from Reich. I was blown away he didn't kick the FG in the first, didn't make any sense, on the road in the playoffs take the points.
NFL Thread on 17:58 - Jan 12 with 1283 viewsUSADale

NFL Thread on 12:34 - Jan 12 by DaleiLama

This amused me

and this

Edit:

Had to add this

I agree with your synopsis on this coming weekends games.
I'm looking forward to Brady and Brees, Saints are 2-0 this year against them, I see no reason they can't make it 3-0 so long as Brees is healthy.
NFL Thread on 18:26 - Jan 12 with 1267 viewswatford_dale

NFL Thread on 17:02 - Jan 12 by Nigeriamark

That was the same moment I also knew we had won, although them taking the punt at 4&1 made me feel the momentum had moved our way. If anyone was a revengeful Browns fan ( not us of course!!) it may feel nice that you have potentially pushed Big Ben into retirement due to this game. He looked a broken man in the interviews I have seen

This game and the regular season game against the Ravens are genuinely 2 of the most amazing games in the whole season so far ( bit of bias there)

Roll on the weekend

Can see a big retool in Steel town. After 16 years of taking hits it was clear that Ben can't throw the ball deep anymore and retirement is pending.

The team have 26 of their players becoming free agents this year and ahead of season 2021 the steelers are currently $21.789m over the salary cap and are looking to make cuts.

Notable free agents are - Dupree, Smith-Schuster (and his pre game logo tik tok dancing, which didn't work out too well for him in cincy) and RB James Connor.

Reckon they will trade at least 2 of the above and rebuild with future draft picks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024